What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Thrilling Adventure Hour, Beyond Belief podcast:

"Well, we're not so much globetrotters as globe staggerer-and-falling-downers."

One of my staff has been fostering a teenager for the past couple of years. The boy had been very troubled, having suffered severe beatings from his natural father, combined with learning difficulties and a hearing impediment.

Today, after months of qualifying rounds and training to gain one of only 15 places available nationally, he set off on an expedition to climb up Mount Everest :D

Just got off the phone with the son who's working in Washington, D.C. It seems that this morning his office was visited by Michelle Obama's husband, and he shook hands with everyone there. Damn cool stuff, right there.

Just got off the phone with the son who's working in Washington, D.C. It seems that this morning his office was visited by Michelle Obama's husband, and he shook hands with everyone there. Damn cool stuff, right there.

Where's the like button?

Now if something could be done so the government buildings are actually open for my visit in a couple of weeks. I appreciate that it's not the most pressing reason, but visiting DC for the first time and not being able to go inside all of the sites is going to make for an unusual visit.

Last edited:
Having a life that allows me the flexibility to be able to stop and help out a friend in the middle of a busy Monday morning.

:)

It's looking like I'm keeping this foster...
F76C9B8D-204A-42A1-93C2-9F965BB31FCD-4545-00000475DCCD7AAF_zpsf26df855.jpg

I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!!!!!!!

*bouncy dancy squealing things*

Holy Mother of Lingerie Fairies... I might pull this off. :eek:

25-30 hours a week, and I'll gross 75% of my old income. Doing what I love. AND have time left over for writing and art and baking and hermit-ness <--- BONUS!!!

OMG I can barely even comprehend... holy.shit.

:eek:

25-30 hours a week, and I'll gross 75% of my old income. Doing what I love. AND have time left over for writing and art and baking and hermit-ness <--- BONUS!!!

This made me smile.
Congratulations!

Super leaping high fives. CM! You so deserve this. :rose:

Hip, hip lingerie!!

Congrats!!!!

That is great :)

Home from hospital Wednesday evening only to find out that one DVR, the cable modem/router, and both of my desktop computers were fried by the storms. Cable company replaced m/r and rebooted second DVR, but it was the secondary, so we lost a week's worth of recorded "preferred" shows (yes, we can pick most of them up via Hulu and/or Netflix, but that's annoying to me because I'm not as comfortable pulling stuff up that way. And these days, I'm pretty much about being comfortable.) So... at least I have a usable laptop, and I *think* YK can set it up to use my wireless mouse and keyboard, which would be nice since my big ole hands and laptops don't get along real well...

The smile part comes from having *some* connectivity to my peeps (youse guys), and being HOME!

Home from hospital Wednesday evening only to find out that one DVR, the cable modem/router, and both of my desktop computers were fried by the storms. Cable company replaced m/r and rebooted second DVR, but it was the secondary, so we lost a week's worth of recorded "preferred" shows (yes, we can pick most of them up via Hulu and/or Netflix, but that's annoying to me because I'm not as comfortable pulling stuff up that way. And these days, I'm pretty much about being comfortable.) So... at least I have a usable laptop, and I *think* YK can set it up to use my wireless mouse and keyboard, which would be nice since my big ole hands and laptops don't get along real well...

The smile part comes from having *some* connectivity to my peeps (youse guys), and being HOME!

Happy to hear you are home!
Happy that you can check in with us.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back