Ever just want a good conversation?

Do you think it's hard to get good conversations going these days?

I do. There are 3 kinds of responses I'm getting.

1) lewd ones

2) joke responses

3) sincere confirmation that I'm not the only one out here looking for this.

The first 2 are discouraging. The third gives me hope.

Interesting for sure... Seems it is difficult to get things started.... at all.... I find it somewhat discouraging...

It can happen and you never know where. Mount Ali (Taiwan). 2014. We were both married - it happened to be on a tour. The other 4 people were locals so we ended up having an 7 hour conversation/connection. Nothing beyond that but if to remember something like that after a few years you know it was great. We had to trade pictures we took (of the scenery - mind outa the gutter ya'll ;) ). Mentioned that I was a very nice/sweet guy. Since I was stuck there for a few more weeks it made my day.

It can happen....hope it does for you.

I do. There are 3 kinds of responses I'm getting.

1) lewd ones

2) joke responses

3) sincere confirmation that I'm not the only one out here looking for this.

The first 2 are discouraging. The third gives me hope.
The three options are fine depends on the span of the friendship. The conversation can be lewd and enjoyed. Jokes are fine (but I dunno if you mean negative or entertaining jokes)

But really I do love a person who can hold a conversation without it being bored.

Good conversations seemingly don't exist anymore. I think so many people are lonely it isn't even measurable.

Good conversation 8s still available

Good conversations seemingly don't exist anymore. I think so many people are lonely it isn't even measurable.

In a world of memes, twitter, and short hand texting, it still exists.

It is more of a polar bear than a dodo bird. Diminishing, not extinct.

Your words/thoughts about the "loneliness being so widespread as to be nearly immeasurable" resonated somewhat with what a psychiatrist said to me recently. I've always thought that what loneliness I do feel, is a loneliness for the greater reality(spiritual) from which we all come, but perhaps I am lonely in another sense, but then I like alone-ness, i think? ;) Ana ps your mailbox is full

Conversation is a two-way street.
Recently someone on another thread said they were looking for conversation - sexual or non-sexual.
I PM'd saying something along the lines of 'hi how are you, what would you like to talk about?"
The response was "Anything"
My response was that I wanted to know what topic to gear the conversation toward, but for starters, what's your name, where are you from, what music do you like?
Got zero response.

If someone asks you what do you want to talk about, give them a topic, don't just say "anything"

Conversation is a two-way street.
Recently someone on another thread said they were looking for conversation - sexual or non-sexual.
I PM'd saying something along the lines of 'hi how are you, what would you like to talk about?"
The response was "Anything"
My response was that I wanted to know what topic to gear the conversation toward, but for starters, what's your name, where are you from, what music do you like?
Got zero response.

If someone asks you what do you want to talk about, give them a topic, don't just say "anything"
Typical. Another example is when you say tell me about yourself and they reply 'ask me'. That's a killer right there.

Sometimes I just want a silly conversation to pass the time, but without the 20 questions to find a common ground. Being able to start a conversation because you have something to say is what I miss.

I just wrote to you, Sweetandsensual. I think you're not alone on here. To me, I'm cool making friends even if nothing sexual ever comes of it, and have gotten to know some really cool people on Lit over the years. I think you'll find what you're looking for on this site. I know that I've really enjoyed it. Jerks are everywhere, but so are awesome people.

Your words/thoughts about the "loneliness being so widespread as to be nearly immeasurable" resonated somewhat with what a psychiatrist said to me recently. I've always thought that what loneliness I do feel, is a loneliness for the greater reality(spiritual) from which we all come, but perhaps I am lonely in another sense, but then I like alone-ness, i think? ;) Ana ps your mailbox is full

We all share loneliness in common. It's unfortunately part of the human condition. Some of us learn to live with it so well that to take it away, to feel whole, would actually be a frightening thing. Just wanted to comment on what you said.

What I want.

A connection. EVERYTHING else begins with a connection. If you don't have that you have nothing.

I find it from time to time.

I love to laugh, and tell jokes, be me. :rose:

Matt

A connection. EVERYTHING else begins with a connection. If you don't have that you have nothing.

I find it from time to time.

I love to laugh, and tell jokes, be me. :rose:

Matt

Then be that. I hate hate HATE it when I'm talking to someone and he's clearly telling me what he thinks I want to hear or humouring me or flat out pretending to be something he's not. Show me who you are, and at the very least we've had a good conversation. At best, a strong connection.

This kind of conversation is exactly what I want. Very much so. No small talk, just an open sharing of thoughts and ideas. Asking and listening and seeing where it all goes. That's awesome, and rare.

Then be that. I hate hate HATE it when I'm talking to someone and he's clearly telling me what he thinks I want to hear or humouring me or flat out pretending to be something he's not. Show me who you are, and at the very least we've had a good conversation. At best, a strong connection.

Ah, but I have been me. I am HONEST to a fault. lol I just want a woman to see that while I am far from perfect I am still a good man.

Hope

I keep holding on to hope, that those conversations and connections are out there somewhere, and some how when i least expect it, they will occur. If you dont have hope what do you have left.

Back