What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get two or three jobs. You're full of shit. It's true there's few jobs for the fucking lazy.

Getting two or three jobs doesn't get you to the top either. Not to mention it's difficult to function as a human being and wholly unhealthy to be working 70 hours per week unless you want a divorce and be an absent parent.

And your narrative that in the current economy there are few good jobs. Now suddenly multiple great jobs are available for anyone who wants them? I don't think you've thought this through.

Sure there is: the fact that there simply is not enough opportunity to make it to the top. Look at almost all the jobs out there and you'll see that almost none of them pay nearly enough to make it to the top. And actually job compensation and benefits are getting worse so it's harder every day.

There's this conservative myth that everyone can be rich. It's pure fantasy that's plainly contradicted by obvious facts but it drives your ideology no matter what.

No one can get RICH

at one or 2 or 3 jobs

IMPOSSIBLE

I never said that at all

I didn't make my millions by working

Most I ever made as a stock broker was 480K in 1995......and my wife spent 480K (don't have a fucking clue on what).....mid 96, was going thru dvorce and BROKE and JOBLESS

99 was worth 1 million or so

'00 was worth $44 million

and DIDNT HAVE A JOB AT ALL!:rolleyes:

It worked pretty goddamn well for China— raising an entire nation of (then) a billion people out of grinding poverty and destitution.

Fair enough.

Want to go with me to DC to petition for a strong central government in the vein of what China has?

I'll drive, you pay for gas.

No one can get RICH

at one or 2 or 3 jobs

IMPOSSIBLE

I never said that at all

There's a microscopic number of jobs that will make someone really rich just by working. CEOs, MLB players, large business execs, etc. Those jobs are probably .001% of jobs out there.

While conservatives yammer on about hard work making people rich the actual way folks make millions is by already having millions and by collecting unearned income.

Get two or three jobs.

I love how vetteman can so casually throw about "get two or three jobs".

Makes me wonder if he's every had two, three jobs for any length of time.

I suspect likely not, because if one job back then couldn't support him, he would have thrown a hissy-fit and marched on Washington.

In conclusion, do as I say, not as I do?

There was a time after WWI when my grandfather who had an 8th grade education had .50 cents to his name and damn near starved on the Northern Plains of Nebraska. He died a wealthy man, having owned several businesses and a fucking bank, so don't tell me it can't be done.

I'm not saying it can't be done. But for every hard working entrepreneur that gets filthy rich I can show you a few hundred that didn't get rich and a whole bunch that ended up drowning in debt with their credit destroyed.

There's a microscopic number of jobs that will make someone really rich just by working. CEOs, MLB players, large business execs, etc. Those jobs are probably .001% of jobs out there.

While conservatives yammer on about hard work making people rich the actual way folks make millions is by already having millions and by collecting unearned income.

I don't consider any above as jobs

YOU CANT GET RICH WITH ANY JOBS

You cant get rich on em....look at so many ballplayers who are broke when they retire

I don't know if MacDonald's still the same way now but I do know at one time if you put in your time there they would go in half with you on a new store and as a owner.

Look at Roger Goodell commissioner of the NFL started out as a intern with the NFL.
So ass clown you saying people can't become rich is bullshit

I don't know if MacDonald's still the same way now but I do know at one time if you put in your time there they would go in half with you on a new store and as a owner.

Look at Roger Goodell commissioner of the NFL started out as a intern with the NFL.

So your definition of rich is owning a fast food place? Now I'm thinking your family is poor as shit.

It doesn't matter if you have an anecdote of a guy getting rich because it's not generalizable to the rest of America.

Last edited:

Yes, Roger Goddell, current commissioner of the NFL....and son of a former U.S. Senator.

So, the moral of the story here is if you can't achieve the American dream, you might want to look into having a Senator as a dad.

Dumbass. :rolleyes:

very few own ONE fast food joints

its usually multiple

and yes, its a road to RICH

in 1984, I bought tons of shares in a stock for a guy who was MANAGING 5 McD stores,

he made so much $$$, he bought 2, within 5 years, he had 30 in the PA/NJ area.......became RICH LIKE A MOFO!

Yes, Roger Goddell, current commissioner of the NFL....and son of a former U.S. Senator.

So, the moral of the story here is if you can't achieve the American dream, you might want to look into having a Senator as a dad.

Dumbass. :rolleyes:

How did HIS Father get to be Senator?

NIGGER

So your definition of rich is owning a fast food place? Now I'm thinking your family is poor as shit.

It doesn't matter if you have an anecdote of a guy getting rich because it's not generalizable to the rest of America.

No my family rich as fuck because of fast food and restaurants nothing to be a shame of to own a fast food place.
You want shit handed to you ass clown you don't want work for it.
I walked away from the family business to make it on my own and I did.

How did HIS Father get to be Senator?

NIGGER

proving the American dream, WORKED

Till NIGGER OM ICKS was installed

[edit] Early life and educationGoodell was born in Jamestown, New York, the son of Francesca (née Bartlett) and Charles Ellsworth Goodale. He attended the public schools of Jamestown and graduated from Williams College in 1948. He served in the United States Navy as a seaman second class from 1944 to 1946, and in the United States Air Force as a first lieutenant from 1952 to 1953, during the Korean War.

Goodell graduated from Yale Law School in 1951, and also received a graduate degree from Yale University Graduate School of Government in 1952; he was a teacher at Quinnipiac College in New Haven, Connecticut in 1952 as well. He was admitted to the Connecticut bar in 1951, the New York bar in 1954, and began his law practice in Jamestown

No my family rich as fuck because of fast food and restaurants nothing to be a shame of to own a fast food place.
You want shit handed to you ass clown you don't want work for it.
I walked away from the family business to make it on my own and I did.

I'm not saying it's anything to be ashamed of. But the kind of wealth I'm taking about is on a whole different level than what you're thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back