Self-bondage

greengamegirl

Really Really Experienced
Does anyone know how to safely perform self-bondage? I'm interested in restraining myself in a way that I can escape. However, I don't want it to be too easy to escape because I want to be restrained. Has anyone tried this successfully? (I apologize if this thread belongs in a different section).

I'm not sure if the lack of responses was related to my age or not. I'm 24 if that helps anyone.

Do you have a lot of "alone time"?

I'm not sure what you mean by alone time. I don't have anyone to disturb me if that is what you mean. I also don't have anyone around to wonder what I'm doing. However, if I get trapped, I don't have anyone to help me. I've tried using square knots. I also tied my legs, thighs, breasts and ankles. I was able to untie myself because my hands were free.

There are some self-bondage links in the BDSM Library sticky in the BDSM forum. Also, google ' forum.literotica.com: "self bondage" ' and see what comes up, as this is a pretty popular topic in BDSM Talk (and probably F&S Central as well).

After that, if you still don't see what you need, I'd suggest starting a thread in BDSM Talk. :)

Photoman52, you need to edit the ages out of your story. Talk about sexual situations with minors is categorically NOT allowed on this site. I'm sure you didn't have bad intentions and simply forgot about that rule, but now that you know, please change it to "when I was younger" or something similarly vague and potentially over-18-ish. :)

For self bondage I always stick to body ties and have no desire to restrain my own arms. Self bondage has many risks, I hope you'll do your research and practice safely. There are some tutorials for different release methods here.

Basically, you're setting a timer for when you can get out. Like placing keys in ice or similar things. I second SweetErika for checking out the BDSM forum for resources.

Does anyone know how to safely perform self-bondage? I'm interested in restraining myself in a way that I can escape. However, I don't want it to be too easy to escape because I want to be restrained. Has anyone tried this successfully? (I apologize if this thread belongs in a different section).

I've noticed that you have asked about exploring a number of erotic ideas sans partner. Wouldn't it be better to find a partner to help you explore? It doesn't have to be a romantic coupling, just someone with similar interests. Exploring on your own can be limited, especially bondage.

I've noticed that you have asked about exploring a number of erotic ideas sans partner. Wouldn't it be better to find a partner to help you explore? It doesn't have to be a romantic coupling, just someone with similar interests. Exploring on your own can be limited, especially bondage.

Exploring on my own will give me something to communicate to a partner about. I want to have some idea of what I like before exploring with a future partner.

I used self bondage before telling my husband I was into it. I wanted to satiate my curiosity while keeping my fantasies to myself for awhile. After I understood how much I liked it, I was able to tell him with certainty that I was definitely into it. When he didn't fully grasp it, I tied myself up in front of him and now it's fairly regular for us. Exploring alone is a great way to learn likes and dislikes along with not having to worry about possible judgment from another person.

I used self bondage before telling my husband I was into it. I wanted to satiate my curiosity while keeping my fantasies to myself for awhile. After I understood how much I liked it, I was able to tell him with certainty that I was definitely into it. When he didn't fully grasp it, I tied myself up in front of him and now it's fairly regular for us. Exploring alone is a great way to learn likes and dislikes along with not having to worry about possible judgment from another person.

Thanks. I'm glad you understand. The whole idea is to find out what I can like so I can tell a future partner.

Life is inherently dangerous.... It will kill you in the end.

The most important rule in SB is, "do nothing that restricts breathing".

If something goes wrong, and you loose conscience, there is no one to save you.
If you fail, make sure to "fail safe".

Apart from that, test your setups, have an alternative release (EMT shears, spare keys and the like) and if possible, make sure that you will be found, if you get stuck.
It will be embarrassing, but when you think about it, it is better than the alternative, and the risk of exposure may even add to the excitement.

The forum at boundanna has a lot of talk about safety and release methods.

Last edited:
Life is inherently dangerous.... It will kill you in the end.

The most important rule in SB is, "do nothing that restricts breathing".

If something goes wrong, and you loose conscience, there is no one to save you.
If you fail, make sure to "fail safe".

Apart from that, test your setups, have an alternative release (EMT shears, spare keys and the like) and if possible, make sure that you will be found, if you get stuck.
It will be embarrassing, but when you think about it, it is better than the alternative, and the risk of exposure may even add to the excitement.

The forum at boundanna has a lot of talk about safety and release methods.

Thanks for the advice. Initially, self-bondage was something I was looking into to see if I might like bondage. I only intended to restrict my movements but I didn't intend to completely immobilize myself. I found I didn't like it that much. However, I can try with a partner when I find one because I will likely feel differently about it.

Back