Literotica Illustrations - Need Pre-Launch Submissions & Testing!

manu, can't you do thumbnails in a grid for your TOC instead of a list of titles? The old adage "Worth a million words" is still true, and it seems so silly to be looking at these descriptions when a thumbnail would describe itself.


A good observation from Stella_Omega

Another suggestion, from akaSol, was a scaling option for mobile devices.
(No idea how complex that is, but it makes sense)
 
Well I've been doing digital and other stuff fora really long time. I even have pic sets to go with almost all of my stories or at the very least pinups of the characters featured therein.

If you want to see examples: http://happyvampiremedia.blogspot.com/

I wouldn't mind taking some one shots or pinups to accompany the stories I have on literotica and submit them to your site. Imagination is sometimes enough, but sometimes people want to SEE the blue demon chick and her massive futanari +14 rod of punishment.

Blade
 
Well I've been doing digital and other stuff fora really long time. I even have pic sets to go with almost all of my stories or at the very least pinups of the characters featured therein.

If you want to see examples: http://happyvampiremedia.blogspot.com/

I wouldn't mind taking some one shots or pinups to accompany the stories I have on literotica and submit them to your site. Imagination is sometimes enough, but sometimes people want to SEE the blue demon chick and her massive futanari +14 rod of punishment.

Blade

This is Literotica... a part of it.

(and to be clear, none of it is mine, I am just answering in an unauthorized fashion. Manu is "the man")
There is also, already established an illustrated stories category..that way your illustrations are WITH the stories they illustrate.
 
As part of the on-going testing, I have submitted a few more illustrations. I staggered them over about a week. They are all listed as "pending", I am not sure what the review/approval process is. They may wait until there is a "batch" to upload....?

I did make suggestions about the feature, including to add a new Tab in the "authors" profile for illustrations. Profiles could also be Authors/Illustrators especially as they can overlap, but I do think a separate tab for stories/poems and illustrations would make sense.

Currently, there does not seem to be a good way to search for illustrations by the same illustrator. I would encourage more exploration into Stella_O's suggestion of thumbnails.

Catagories might be helpful, but medium and subject matter do get blurred. I have pencil renderings that I color using digital media. I am glad there are key words, but I need to think about how people might search.
 
Approval process seems rather slow. I have 6 submissions (uploaded at on various days over the last 2 weeks) pending approval.

Is it, because they are images?
Is it because there are hiccups in the system?

It seems to me, that without "feeding the beast", the potential audience will get bored and wander away.

It is good to have this forum (thanks, again for moving it to become a main forum) as it provides immediacy and potential ( ;) ) for conversation.
 
Last edited:
I sent a PM to Laurel & Manu and got a quick response.

There is movement (behind the scenes).:)
 
i want to submit :)

I am an author as well as an artist, and I'm very much so interested in submitting works . How would I go about doing that?
 
I am an author as well as an artist, and I'm very much so interested in submitting works . How would I go about doing that?

I'd wait a bit.

(I submitted a few more, that have been pending for a couple weeks)

There are some adjustments being made.
But keep watching here.
 
Last edited:
Hi I would like to be added to illustrators

Hi, I would like to be added to list of illustrators also.

Once added a new section will appear under submit page?

btw, I was thinking it could be nice if artists could add pictures and invite authors to use them in their stories, or to write a story inspired by a picture.
 
Hello. I'd like to submit some art to coincide with the stories that I have submitted. Thanks!
 
Hello. I'd like to submit some art to coincide with the stories that I have submitted. Thanks!

There is also an illustrated story option so that your illustrations appear WITH your stories. That is available now.

You would need to resubmit your story with the illustrations, there are instructions on up loading the images (size and format) and notes about placing them such that they can appear within a certain place of the story (if you chose).
 
I've a small collection of erotic art I would like to submit. May I please have access to the uploading page?
 
I've a small collection of erotic art I would like to submit. May I please have access to the uploading page?

I recommend waiting a bit, until Manu has worked out a few bugs.
I submitted a bunch a month or so ago, and they are holding them until things are smoooooth(er).

Keep checking back.
 
Illustrated stories?

There is also an illustrated story option so that your illustrations appear WITH your stories. That is available now.

Where is this option? I haven't been able to find it. I've also emailed about this and never got a response.

I also have some graphic stories in comic form I'd like to post here just to see what the response would be.

Thanks.
 
Hmmm it has been a while...and indeed the procredure is not obvious.

it has been a while...and indeed the procedure is not obvious.

I believe I had to e-mail the illustrations and then include a note to that effect.
1) Attach the text of the story to an email directed to submit@literotica.com. Important: make the subject of the email the same as the title of the story so that we can more easily match your submission to your profile.

2) Go to your Member Profile and "Submit a Story". Fill in the title, description, and category of your story. In the box for the story itself, type "Story Submitted Via Email". Following this procedure will help to get your story online as quickly as possible.



Basic story guidelines:

http://www.literotica.com/subguide.shtml

8. If you have specialty formatting requests, such as the need for bolds or italics in certain parts, PLEASE LET US KNOW in a note at the top of the story. Otherwise, all special formatting will be stripped from the stories before posting.

As I recall this includes the placement of illustrations.

eg:

Blah blah blah story paragraph one. Blah Blah blah blah sex blah blah.

{INSERT FILE : my-illustration1-name.jpg HERE}

Blah blah blah story paragraph two. Blah Blah blah blah sex blah blah.

{INSERT FILE : my-illustration2-name.jpg HERE}
 
well... more illustrations have gone up, but there is still quite a bit to be worked out.

I think it took about 3 months for the most recent to be posted.

Still difficult to navigate. I am hoping that a new tab in the bios will be added for illustrations (there is one for stories/poems now).

And the voting results do not seem to be publicly visible.
(I assume that votes are what count towards the "hall of Fame" list?)
 
Last edited:
My Experiment

Well, I did an illustrated story as an experiment. One of the illustrations got very distorted, and I submitted a minor revision and a bug report as well as Part 2 about two weeks ago, and it's still in "pending" status.

I also emailed an image about a month ago - never got a response.

Is anyone there?

I'm now thinking that until this site has worked out a faster, more efficient method of uploading illustrations and images, I should leave the experiments to science and stick to just writing stories.
 
This would make literotica even more awesome

I have some original art too and would like to upload it and have it show up in my user account. I am new here and maybe I don't understand how it works, but why not have a link under submit for art (next to stories and poems)? Where do I submit my art? Do I need to email still for a special link?

I haven't found anywhere online for this type of art- while erotic signature and deviant art allow erotic art, they don't allow "pornographic" art: as if... "we like racy, oh, but not too racy..." :-( There is already some fantastic stuff up here, I just wish it were easier to navigate (by artist, by theme)... maybe thumbs? Okay, I am wishing for the universe :) Anyway, I am just thinking how great it would be to have it more integrated with the rest of literotica, and make it as easy as it is to find sexy art as it is to find sexy stories. :)
 
They (Laurel and Manu) are working on it.
There have been some hurdles unfortunately.
I think that there are other priorities that need addressing before the illustrations ( WHAT!? :eek: that's crazy talk!).


THIS>
http://www.literotica.com/members/index.php?forward=/members/submissions_submit_illustra.php

is for submitting illustrations. (you have to log in with your LIT user name etc.)

HOWEVER, there are still hiccups in the illustration feature (As noted) and often considerable delay in posting, as it is still in the testing phase.
 
Uh-uh

That link just took me to the regular submission page for stories.

They (Laurel and Manu) are working on it.
There have been some hurdles unfortunately.
I think that there are other priorities that need addressing before the illustrations ( WHAT!? :eek: that's crazy talk!).


THIS>
http://www.literotica.com/members/index.php?forward=/members/submissions_submit_illustra.php

is for submitting illustrations. (you have to log in with your LIT user name etc.)

HOWEVER, there are still hiccups in the illustration feature (As noted) and often considerable delay in posting, as it is still in the testing phase.
 
Yes

Please put me in the test group. I have two pieces I would like to submit: one is pure computer work and the other is a scan of a pen and ink drawing. Please let me know how to submit these. If I can help in other ways, just let me know. g
 
Back
Top