These Are the Voyages: A Star Trek RP (Interest Check/Casting Call)

toutprest

Virgin
Joined
Jun 1, 2016
Posts
5
Long-time lurker here on the fora but this is an idea that I've had stewing in my brain for some time now. This year marks Star Trek's 50th Anniversary I can't think of a better way to celebrate that than with some great roleplay with definite erotic overtones.

The recent release of the second trailer for the upcoming Star Trek Beyond has reminded me of just how much I loved (and lusted) after the original crew of the USS Enterprise (both TOS and the reboots); I have therefore decided to set this roleplay in the twenty-third century with an eye toward including some of these canons if there's enough interest. Don't feel constrained by canon characters though as originals are also more than welcome - I will, in fact, be writing at least one original character myself. That said, if you do decide to go with an original, please try to create a character that would reasonably exist within the Star Trek universe of the twenty-third century.

As for premise...well, there are a couple which I've outlined below and whichever appeals to the most respondents is the one that will eventually be chosen.

On a Mirror's Edge

Set in the Mirror Universe, this roleplay would pick up immediately following a failed assassination attempt on mirror!Kirk's life. The plot was instigated by the Captain's Woman and an ambitious lieutenant with whom she had been having a clandestine affair. As per the rules established by the Terran Empire's Starfleet, both offenders were executed as an example to the rest of the ship, but this leaves the captain devoid of an official companion. Consequently, a search is instigated for a suitable crewman or officer to assume both the title and role with the heads of each department vying for one of their own to be chosen for the favors that can result from implicitly having the captain's ear. The writing would focus on these machinations with plenty of room for erotic encounters to be included as well. (Perhaps department heads want to vet their candidates before presenting them for the captain's consideration? Perhaps mirror!Kirk requires candidates to actually compete for the role in various and sundry ways, etc.)

Code 1-Alpha-Zero

The USS Enterprise has been ordered to transport a team of specialists to Memory Alpha where they will oversee some work on the library's computer data banks. Though such a mission should have been both quick and uneventful, this is Star Trek, and nothing ever goes quite as planned. While en route, the ship receives a distress signal which draws them off course as they detour to respond. However, upon reaching the origin of the signal, they discover that the signal was sent by the crew of a Federation survey vessel that has crash-landed on the icy planet, M-3602. An ancient and long-abandoned alien prison complex on the surface of the planet has begun to decay and in so doing, has begun to suck power from passing starships in order to keep its own generators running. As soon as the Enterprise detects the power drain, it breaks orbit and sends a shuttle crew to the surface to look for survivors and to disable the compound completely. Given the danger presented by the prison, the shuttle crew will not be able to return to the ship until it has been disabled and given the complexities of the alien systems, they soon discover doing so will take longer than initially estimated. And in the meantime, temperatures continue to drop as night falls. What will the shuttle crew have to do to keep warm and survive the night?

***

These are, of course, just a couple of my own ideas and I welcome feedback on both as well as suggestions for alternate premises. If you would be interested in joining this roleplay though, please fill out the character application below. I look forward to hopefully starting a thread for this soon!

Character Application

Name:
Age:
Species/Race:
Rank*:
Division**:
Canon or Original?:

Appearance:

Personality:

Character Bio/History:

Specific Skills or Areas of Specialization: (For example, Spock was particularly skilled in computer programming, Sulu was a trained fencer, and Dr McCoy had received training in psychology in addition to general medicine and surgery.)

Additional Information: (Anything else you think we should know about this character?)

*Ranks, in ascending order, are as follows:

Enlisted Personnel
Crewman
Yeoman

Commissioned Personnel
Ensign
Lieutenant
Lieutenant-Commander
Commander
Captain (This rank is reserved for Kirk, even if he only becomes an NPC)

**23rd-century Starfleet Divisions were Command (Yellowshirts), which included tactical, helm, and navigation, Science and Medical (Blueshirts), and Operations (Redshirts), which included all engineering, communications, and security personnel.
 
Last edited:
Name: Hora (nickname: Jiggles)
Age: 25
Species/Race: Orion
Rank*: Lt Commander
Division**: Science and Medical (Blueshirts)
Canon or Original: Original?
Appearance: See attach jpeg. Busty green skinned Orion female.
Height: 5’6”
Hair color: Dark Chestnut
Eye color: Blue
Figure: She has a curvy voluptuous figure and the large chest. Her big chest is the source of her nickname “Jiggles”
Personality:
Hora is a real character; she wants nothing more than to enjoy life. She is a naturally playful and happy person, and not much gets her down for long. Her world is a fun place—she is not naive, but rather chooses to see the humorous in things. She's very easygoing about things and comes across as genuinely warm, charming, and friendly, which happens often since she deeply enjoys personal interaction (which she does with a lot of laughing, flirting, physical touching, and eye contact).

As much as she likes to talk and laugh with others, she is actually very closed about her internal world and background, and she always finds a slippery way to change that subject. Cultural norms don't play an important role for her, except that she enjoys breaking them—not because she enjoys chaos, but simply because she thinks most rules are uselessly restrictive. This is one reason why she frequently engages in pranks and practical jokes, to shake things up and "punish" people who are too serious.

She is a very erotic creature, largely because she finds flirting and sex to be fun. She can be brazen in her sexual expression, although she knows when to turn it off.

Character Bio/History: Lava was a sex slave for a Ferengi trader named Fnador. At the age of 20 she rebelled killed Fnador. Fnador was a highly regarded Ferengi and high-ranking noble of the Kolarik house. She was a marked woman by the Kolariks. So she changed her name (Hora) and joined the federation.

Specific Skills or Areas of Specialization: Assistant Science Officer (helps out in medical and main science officer ... fyi can you imagine her and Spock together!!)

Additional Information:
The Orion are a species of humanoids with green to blue skin. Female Orions are masters of seduction, which, in combination with their potent pheromones, are used to their full advantage. While in Orion society, the males were slaves to the women, other species captured the females and turned them into sex slaves.
The female pheromones affect the metabolism and adrenaline production of males in most species, which could turn them delirious with lust. This affect can be “turned on or off” by the female. Another affect of the pheromones' is to make males susceptible to suggestions, essentially turning the female Orion 'slave' into the master, as their owner will do anything they suggested.
 
Last edited:
How exciting! Can't wait to see Hora in action!

I've gone ahead and put my own character app below. Hopefully we get a few more writers to join us in the next couple of days!

Name: Dr Ava Kerr
Age: 35
Species/Race: Human
Rank*: Commander / Professor
Division**: Science and Medical (Blueshirts)
Canon or Original: Original

Appearance:

Standing at just 4'11" in bare feet, Ava is small and slight of stature, her figure shaped by years of physical training as a dancer and rhythmic gymnast. Her dark brown hair and eyes form a striking contrast to her peaches and cream complexion and classic features give her an air of elegant refinement that belies her tendency toward wry observations and frequent colorful language. For a visual representation, imagine a very petite version of Katie Holmes.

Personality:

There are two sides to Ava's personality and whichever side someone sees depends upon their relationship with one another. As the daughter of a celebrated diplomat, her default mode with strangers and mere acquaintances is graciously well-mannered, sophisticated, charming, and restrained. The consummate lady, she is at ease in society and seems to revel in playing the role of hostess whenever the opportunity arises. In truth, as something of an introvert, she finds social gatherings to be onerous and it's only years of practice and self-training that has enabled her to maintain her façade so well.

To those with whom she is close, she appears as warm as she is otherwise restrained, revealing the full measure of her nerdiness, passion, and well-developed sense of humor. Ava delights in the absurd; she enjoys irony, is casually sarcastic, willing to self-deprecate, and eager to laugh and be pleased by those around her. She is protective of those for whom she cares but reckless about her own well-being and is something of an adrenaline junkie because of it. Although her professional specialization lies in computer science, she revels in the physicality of combat and is an enthusiastic sparring partner in hand-to-hand disciplines.

Yet there is also a darker side to her personality, one that is tied to this inherent recklessness and one which has been successfully exploited by Starfleet Intelligence. Paradoxically, perhaps, this enjoyment of danger does not negate her skill at compartmentalization: she is an accomplished liar and feels no guilt about such necessary dishonesty. Likewise, she feels little remorse for actions taken in the course of her duties, even if such actions have resulted in death or injury to others. Perhaps this is merely due to her tendency to live neither in the past nor worry about the future but instead to focus entirely upon the present. Or, perhaps it simply means that she has unresolved sociopathic tendencies that have yet to cause her enough harm or anguish to be tackled and satisfactorily resolved.

Character Bio/History:

The daughter of Charles Kerr, United Earth Ambassador to Vulcan and Isabella de Rothes, a renowned xenoarchaeologist who published extensively on the culture of early Vulcan civilization, Ava's childhood was split between the desert city of ShiKahr and her grandparents' Scottish country estate. Likely influenced by her early exposure to Vulcan intellectualism, she revealed herself to be something of a child prodigy, completing her secondary studies at the age of fourteen and earning a doctorate in computer science by the age of nineteen.

Drawn equally to the lure of space exploration and the reputation of excellence enjoyed by Starfleet Academy, she enrolled and was immediately recruited by Starfleet Intelligence. Chosen as much for her access to diplomatic circles as for her academic credentials, it was during her first active assignment with SFI that she wrote the code for the PCAP operating system which has since been adopted for use by all Federation starships. By the age of twenty-eight, she was one of the youngest professors employed by the academy and she has taught nearly every cadet to pass through its halls in the past seven years since her intro to programming is a prerequisite for all academy tracks. What nobody talks about, of course, is the fact that unlimited access of this nature to the academy's student body is an intelligence recruiter's dream and she has settled into this role quite comfortably, only rarely venturing out on active field assignment anymore.

At the moment, she is on loan to the Enterprise as one of the specialists destined for the mission to Memory Alpha.

Specific Skills or Areas of Specialization: Computer programming, advanced mathematics, familiarity with the Vulcan language.
 
Name: Osal Ok'Merk
Age: 25
Species/Race: Klingon
Rank*: Lieutenant (Klingon)
Division**: Tactical
Canon or Original?: Original

Appearance: Osal

Personality: Passionate and willful, strict disciplinarian and does most things according to the book. He is imaginative and at times will come from behind his warrior veneer and act quite humane.

Character Bio/History: Born on the planet Qo'noS to the house Merk, Osal was the eldest of five. As soon as he was able to hold a blade, his father trained him in the art of battle. Osal proved that he was cunning and deadly and was drafted into the Empire's forces at an early age.

Osal fought many skirmishes against the Romulan forces and started to prove to be a force to be reckon with. Commanding respect from his fellow Klingons and not afraid to lead by example, he started to rise through the ranks, earning a name for himself.

It was a distress call which brought them to an Ice planet and it was there that his story now continues.

Specific Skills or Areas of Specialization: Security, tactician, pilot

Additional Information: Has a secret passion for playing the flute.




There is my two cents. Been wanting to play in a Star Trek RP for a long time now.
 
Last edited:
As an update, I've decided to go with the second premise listed in my original post since the Mirror!verse idea is pretty dark. The way that I've got this concept set up now, the progression of the thread will go something like that which follows:

1. Expositional Captain's Log explaining that while under orders to deliver a team of specialists to Memory Alpha, the ship receives a distress call appearing to originate from the ice-planet M-3602 and they have detoured accordingly to respond to said call.

2. Upon investigating, they discover that something on the planet's surface is draining their power before scans reveal the presence of some kind of alien complex apparently responsible for this drain.

3. To preserve the integrity of the ship, Kirk leads a landing party via shuttle to the surface to attempt to disable this complex and to look for the source of the distress call while the Enterprise is ordered to break orbit but remain near with the intention of re-entering orbit once it is safe to do so.

4. On the planet, Kirk et al. would meet up with any stranded character(s) and after some possible initial suspicion and hostility toward each other, they'd agree to work together to get themselves out of their current predicament.

5. Disabling the complex would prove to be more difficult than initially estimated, leaving them stranded on the planet after nightfall as electromagnetic interference prevents them from relaunching the shuttle and just leaving the complex behind. While thus stranded, certain crew members come up with creative methods to keep warm and/or pass the time.

6. Eventually they accomplish their goal and they return to their shuttle, taking the other stranded character(s) with them, and make their way back to the Enterprise.

Those are the major beats of it but there will be room for individual character based developments as events actually unfold.

I'm willing to NPC Kirk and any of the other necessary canon crew (Scotty, Sulu, Spock, and possibly Uhura) but if anyone wants to pick these characters up as PCs, that's cool too. Just let me know.
 
Character Application

Name: Robert James Kilpatrick (RJ)
Age: 35
Species/Race: Human
Rank*: Lt.
Division**: Maintenance.
Canon or Original?: Good ether way.

Appearance:
Kiefer-Sutherland.jpg


Personality: kind of scuzzy popular with people who don't always follow the rules, great at his job and tough as nails. Likes to keep company with the ladies aboard the ship. keeps a series of informants this helps him stay in the clear of being caught doing anything wrong also helps him get info on some of the crew to which he can use if the need arise. Likes to stay in the shadows and tries to not draw attention to himself.

Character Bio/History: RJ is tenth gen grease monkey and Maintenence man. Could be head of maint on any starship but his fucking around kept the top spot from him. Joined up at 18 been second under Scotty and an instermental figure in the Enterprize running so well. Raise by abusive parents he grew to not trust people and has no problem using people. He is very tough and won't hesitate to use force when needed. He does through his many faults care about the ship and a great many of the crew.

Specific Skills or Areas of Specialization: If it has an engine he can fix it. There is nothing he doesn't know about the inner working over every mechanical and electrical item on the ship! A bit of an idiot savant when it comes to it!

Additional Information: (Anything else you think we should know about this character?) He's a good man to have on your side when you need someone to play dirty, and a bad man to cross. keeping him as an ally is always a good idea.

*Ranks, in ascending order, are as follows:

Enlisted Personnel
Crewman
Yeoman

Commissioned Personnel
Ensign
Lieutenant RJ should be a Lt I think.
Lieutenant-Commander
Commander



KC
 
Last edited:
Love the Klingon character! And to be honest, KINKY, either specialization would work. Though being either security or maintenance would make him a redshirt which is a dangerous thing to be in the Original Series ;)
 
Love the Klingon character! And to be honest, KINKY, either specialization would work. Though being either security or maintenance would make him a redshirt which is a dangerous thing to be in the Original Series ;)

Sounds good I will tweak it to maint to let TertiusHuman go with his idea, he posted ahead of me so that will make it easier!

KC
 
Right, so it looks like it'll just be us. I'll try to get a thread started tomorrow to give any last minute writers a chance to join in but before I do, just a quick question for you with regards to the NPCs:

Are there any canon characters you really want to include in this landing party? Any you really want me to omit?
 
Species History. Shistavanien originated on the planet Uvena in the Uvena system. Advancing in knowledge, the invention of simple none powered optical devises. Allowed for discovery of other planets within the solar system. The name of their Home World became Ulvena Prime. Further information on the species natural evolution was altered, by a very mysterious species of genetic engineers. Many Lupine species have pronounced muzzles, long sharp canines, clawed hands, pointed ears set higher on their heads, infrared capable eyesight, can run at high speeds for long periods without tiring, alternately using a two or four limb stride. As predators possess excellent night vision, keen ears and noses. They're isolationists, very evident by colonization of all non populated worlds in the Uvena system to prevent them from being settled by any and all non Shistavaniens. Their restrictive trade laws which were completely unapologetic in how they would favor their own kind over off world traders and from the fact that they did not often mix with other species. Most of their society used most of the same technology similar to the rest of the galaxy, they're masters of retrofitting newer technologies to older technologies, though some of the outer planets use older less sophisticated technology.

Description. Freighter Captain, engineer and hunter. Stands 7'0'' 300 lbs. Red eyes, Black fur, wearing a white trophy fur of a large Dagger Fanged Racor that inhabit an Alpine Moon. His very survival on the surface was a true demonstration of intelligence, toughness and skill. It's one thing for one with years of survival training to survive in deadly Environs yet another to do it without training except for natural instincts and a Ceremonial Dagger.

Personality. With trust issues he's quiet until someone puts in the effort to earn his trust. A loyal friend to those once they win that trust. More open to new species than the others of his race, yet rude when his personal boundary is violated without permission. Like many races a good meal and a few free drinks he's far more amiable. Without going into detail his species is compatible down below with many other females, his Anthropomorphic appearance is not appealing to many though. Wolvrak thoroughly believes he will not find a female, those he may meet will see him as no more than an intelligent animal.

Personal History. At the age of 14 during an attack on his parents medium freighter by Pirates. Unfortunately other Shistavani left the system a cycle ago. Holding the young Wolvrak for ransom was a stupid idea, but really it didn't take much intelligence to prey on malfunctioning ships. Luckily for the ill treated abductee, an elderly non xenophobic Kollian similar to his race. A local go between for Pirates and the unscrupulous traders, took pity on the youngster deciding he can use him as a worker. After the credits were transferred Wolvrak was released to the Kollian, who even paid a doctor to treat his many injuries.

After three very long weeks passed before he received a clear bill of health, after such good care by a species not his own. Wolvrak and Calose's bond of trust grew as he has a reason only Calose knew and wouldn't share with anyone. A elder teaches a smart young Wolvrak everything that he knew about the newly retrofitted freighter. It was quite obvious he was a natural technical engineer, eventually old Calose' time would come to an abrupt unexpected end. During the night weakly reaching for his prodigy sleeping close by, barely able to speak to the one he loved as a son. "Prepare yourself young one, for I am dieing. I didn't tell you so I could prepare you to provide for yourself Wolvrak."

Callose points to the scrolls on a shelf above him, Wolvrak takes the Scroll's down to open them. One, a deed of ownership, the other a permit of operation of the ship. Calose took his hand as Wolvrak drew closer, to hear what his Mentors saying in a quiet dying voice. It was little over a whisper in his native tongue. ''My Son." with his last breath. Tears well in the young Shista' red eyes, his expression one of heartbreak and pulls the body of Calose into his arms to the welling tears stream around his muzzle letting out a long deeply painful death howl honoring Fathers. Echoing throughout docking platform 3, sending a shiver up the spine of every species that had never heard anything like it before.
 
Last edited:
I told myself trying to join a RP that was being started by a lit virgin would be a mistake. Shit! Well does anyone else want to GM this one or is it another that will just die?

KC
 
I was leery of that myself. I've never been a GM and don't want to start now. I wanted to join the RP because it's Star Trek, my friends Tertius and Maiden had. So being we've always written well together. I'm sure you or the others that want to join this RP could GM.
 
Last edited:
All,
I'm willing to do it. However, i'd like to set it up a bit different.

I think the thread should be set on a federation ship but not the enterprise. Maybe a science research ship or light cruiser. It would be even more fun if the crew does not know each other well. So may be some outpost was attacked ... and a crew was thrown together to defend the outpost. The ship was heavily damaged, captain killed.

The ship is now in orbit around an ice planet...

we can pick up the story there. The characters will need to pick a captain, go to the planet to acquire something to repair the engines (meet Osal Ok'Merk). figure out what happened during the battle ... etc.

Anyhow that is my idea... please suggest others/or adjust this one.
Thanks! :)
 
That's good for me! I agree starting with a unknown vessel and crew will allow us to do with the story as we please, with out worrying about staying true to certain chars.

Will this be a straight up RP or will it be a SRP I am good either way!

I will write a new Char though!

KC
 
Maiden will be a great GM, I like the idea that's been proposed as well.

Would my character Wolvrak be aboard the Federation ship?..or he and his crashed ship be rescued? I'd prefer that he and his ship be rescued, after assisting Osal of course.

Naturally Shistavanian and wouldn't get along very well with a Klingon, but after a little dust up between the two of them. But old age and treachery wins out over youth and enthusiasm every time. Osal showing his dominance during the altercation, Wolvrak begrudgingly agrees to assist the Klingon.
 
Last edited:
I am not sure about you but if we are going with the idea that we were thrown into the mix last minute, I am thinking we should be more military trained and less science.

I am hoping to play a visiting Romulan consultant who is like a dignitary only wants more action then his posting permits so he jumps at the chance to join the party heading out to the outpost.

KC
 
ok ... everyone i'll try to get the starting post up tonight or tomorrow for sure.

Kinkycanada ... we'll need an engineer badly at the beginning... lots of repairs needed. So please think about being one. Also I think a few more humans would be nice. So your character remaining a human would be great. If you want to play two characters, add another non-human that would be fine.

That also true for everyone else... two characters is fine.

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of The USS Tripoli (NCC-19386). Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

https://evilgenius180.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/tripoliearthorbit001.jpg
 
Hora

Lt Commander Hora felt like a rat on a sinking ship that was on fire and had no place to go. The ship was not actually sinking; it was in an unstable orbit around an ice planet. Its orbit was slowly decaying as the damaged light cruiser lost orbital speed from glancing contact with the planet’s atmosphere. Thus, the ship might be thought of as sinking because eventually it would lose enough speed to force it to crash on the planet’s frozen surface. The propulsion units of the cruiser were a mess. The bigger problem for Hora was in her section of the ship there was be no air to breath. Energy converters continued to provide power to the lights and warmth to the section… even as every other system seemed to be failing. So the air scrubbers were getting power but were not providing fresh air. She needed to leave or fix them first.

She pushed the metal grating off her torso and sat up. The hallway she was in looked like a bomb had gone off in it. She got to her feet and straightened her blue (science/medical) star fleet uniform. The ship, USS Tripoli, was a science/exploration ship. Its five-year mission was to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before. At her most recent stop in the Keela system, the ship had rescued experimental cross breed species. She had advised against the rescue. It seemed too risky. However, Captain Tom Hornsby ordered their rescue and she had placed the various species (held in cryostasis or cryogenic suspension) in the Hydroponics bay.

Anyhow, right after that, an alien ship entered orbit and started firing. Most of the crew of the Tripoli were exploring the outpost. So the Captain asked anyone at outpost that could fight to get aboard and help defend the outpost and the Tripoli. Hora had just gotten to her battle station, when the ship was hit by multiple energy beams. The ship was heavily damaged. Captain Hornsby was killed and the ship ended up in orbit around the 4th planet of the Keela system, an Ice planet.

Hora had been heading towards engineering when there had been an explosion and that was the last thing she remembered.

“Fuck the scrubbers” Hora said to herself and headed back to the Hydroponics bay. The plants in the bay produced oxygen. It was not enough for the whole section, but would be the last place that would run out of air.

Hora was a female Orion. Orion’s were the sexiest aliens in the quadrant. Her 5’6” figure, dark chestnut colored hair that flowed around her large voluptuous chest had been admired by many of the male crew members of the ship. Even with green skin she was stunning to humans. Her curvaceous figure was just made for fucking. But Hora was more than just beautiful, she was smart.

She got to the Hydroponics bay main doors and tried to open them. No luck. She opened the access panel and manually opened the doors. Her face was blasted with a gush of fresh air.

“One problem solved…even if temporarily” she said breathing deeply.

She walked over to computer panel on the wall, it was damaged but she could check the O2 levels. “Dropping… but I have some more time.” She said to herself.

“No engines, no computer, no hope of rescue.” Hora moaned “This is sounding more and more like the Kobayashi Maru test back at the star fleet academy” Her head went down and she stared at the grass at her feet.

“The grass will die soon too” She thought.

Hora looked up and saw the pods containing the new life forms they had brought aboard. The new life they had “rescued” Some rescue! Many of the creatures inside looked so young and innocent. It was a shame they had to die as well.

“FUCK THIS… I’m going to save this ship and these life forms!” She yelled. Her voice echoing throughout the bay.

“Ok … look at the O2 generators. Maybe there is something I can do.” She said to herself again and headed off with more confidence than she felt to the units in the back of the bay. A red light on the control panel was flashing. The label near it said “fire reset”

“OH” Hora gasped as she felt pretty stupid. The O2 system had shutdown in this section to stop feeding O2 to any fires that were burning. She pushed the reset button and the system came back to life.

The computer panel next to the O2 station was in good shape. The main computer was offline, but ship wide communications seem to be working.

“Hello … this is Lt Commander Hora, assistant science officer. Can anyone hear me? Please report in” She ordered.
 
Well if we are going to have a new GM...

MM what is the chances that I can play my borg character? I will have a different back story for him though. Then if Yawnkartur wants to do the Klingon he can play the Klingon and if he isn't interested anymore, I can continue with the Klingon.
 
Wolvrak will have no idea what a Borg is, or what they are capable of or even comprehend the concept.
 
sounds fun.

FYI with the experimental creatures on board, someone can play one of them as well. Not a requirement, just a suggestion.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top