Which story of yours is your favorite and why?

My 21 novel Second Chance series, starting with Second Chance: God Killer.
 
Oddly, of the stories I've posted to this site, my favorites are two-parters: "Ohana" and "Bigfoot and the Wood Nymph." Not that I'm ashamed of any of the others, but these two came closest to realizing the fantasy I had when I wrote them.
 
This is hard to answer because often I will believe that a particular story is my favorite, but then go back and read it again only to realize, "Huh, this really wasn't very good after all." Because life goes on.

Last year's holiday contest story "Christmas With the Devil" will probably continue to hold up pretty well, though, in that if nothing else I still prize the concept over the rest of my output.
 
Story-wise, Best Friends is my lowest-rated story on here, in fact it's the only one without an 'H', but it's still my favorite if only for the memories it conjures up in me fifteen years later.

I was still very much struggling with my own sexuality when I wrote it (I knew I was a lesbian, but I wasn't out of the closet just yet). It's far from the best thing I ever wrote, but it's the truest non-poetry piece of self-expression I've had published here. It's also quite short, just 1 Lit page, so it's a fast-reading piece of angst.

Poem-wise, this one here is my personal favorite. :)
 
I'm pretty new to the site and I only have a handful of stories, but I probably like my first Aunt Rashida story the most because of how much fun I had bringing her to life in erotic form. I really dislike reading most fan fiction but I like writing it...weird.
 
Hmmmm...

Of mine posted here...

The five parts(so far) of A Lonely Couple Wakes Up. Currently working on Part 6.

The second most favorite is Warrior's Choice.

ETA: Warrior's Choice was extremely fun to write. So far A Lonely Couple Wakes Up as been fun to write until I hit a wall in Part 7.
 
Last edited:
Good question!

I have some favorites, but for different reasons

My first story, "Endymion" (which was re-written at some point) is still a favorite of mine, because it convinced me that maybe I could actually write a decent story.

https://www.literotica.com/s/endymion

The one I worked the hardest on, and took the most chances with, was "The Path of Pain." The subject matter was pretty out there, and I wasn't sure how the reception would be.

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-path-of-pain

Another favorite is "Summertime Sex Ed" which was just fun to write. My only regret was that the main character proved so engaging that she wouldn't go away, and I had to write an entire story cycle about her (the "Hot Tub" series).

https://www.literotica.com/s/summertime-sex-ed
 
I'm quite proud of my Above and Beyond series (top stories in my list below). I think it holds together well as a series, much because I wrote the whole thing before publishing the 1st chapter. I am happy with the way I managed to "show rather than tell" without info-dumps. And I believe the gradual build-up within and across chapters was successful, using the 3d person non-omniscient to just hint what other characters know.
 
I'm quite proud of my Above and Beyond series (top stories in my list below). I think it holds together well as a series, much because I wrote the whole thing before publishing the 1st chapter. I am happy with the way I managed to "show rather than tell" without info-dumps. And I believe the gradual build-up within and across chapters was successful, using the 3d person non-omniscient to just hint what other characters know.

Well, it is an excellent story series but your "Unusual Dinner Party" has a great story, a wonderful view by the male lead and a nice ending. Plus, it's all contained in a single story. And it combines two lovely thoughts--exhibitionism and spanking!
 
To Nail Doris... It may not have been the first or moist popular, but the characters, Jack and Doris, just seemed right for the spot.... and Jack came into his own becoming less and less like me with each rewrite until he was a third person character in a first person story.... Anyway, I would never have done the real Doris, but I'm glad Jack did....
 
‘Nikki’s Naked Weekend’ for the simple reason that the feedback I received for it was genuinely lovely, from people who really liked and related to the central character even in spite of a slightly ludicrous premise.

I also have a real fondness for ‘Bowling for Clothes’ because it’s the first good thing I wrote.
 
My favourite? "The Temptation of Gheeran". It's not the sexiest, but it has one of my better protagonists and I have heard his struggle with blindness comes across quite well.

I'm also quite fond of my latest, "Fading Stars 01". It's more about world-building than most of my other stuff and I think I managed to pull it off without too much exposition-over-the-head-bashery.
 
On here currently its a tie. That damn red dress is a father/daughter incest story that is far from the norm of a lust crazed little minx hot for daddy or a lusting father. This is a story of sacrifice and love over lust. It contains some depressing looks at grief and addiction and the sex is actually a bit squicky.

I wanted to deliver something unusual for the genre and one that had a meaning beyond "yay daddy/daughter" I feel I succeeded and was surprised by what was mostly very positive feedback considering I'd dumped stark reality into a category that thrives on fluffy fantasy....to top it off it was Valentine themed story:eek:

The second is That's what Friends are for. My wife is a sucker for sweet first time stories and although its not my cup of tea in anyway I promised I would write one for her as part of my anniversary gift to her.

I'm not great at sweet in real life never mind trying to write it so I had mixed feelings on how it would come off. It won Earth day that year, has 1.2 million + views 13k votes and 422 comments and is now the 21st most favorited story on lit. Far and away my most successful piece here.

The numbers aren't why its a fav, but the fact I took on a story that was way out of my wheelhouse and took the task seriously and knocked it out of the park. Of course I've had countless "we need more" comments, but that story was a one and done and I would cheapen it by trying to recapture that feeling.

My all time fav and formerly on lit was the story Abigail which I've since added to, had edited and put into print. Its erotic horror laced with some seriously hardcore violence and revolves around a man hating vengeance driven rage addicted witch....so that is totally my wheel house.
 
I meant to post on this thread a while back, but then lost track of it. Anyway, I just read one of the first stories I wrote and I'm sort'a sad to say that I think it was better than my more recent stuff :eek: Maybe I should hang up my "six-guns" :eek:

I always thought the story was more meaningful than just an erotic stroker. This more recent anonymous comment made my day when I read it awhile back:

so very touching to me

words cannot express the feelings this brought up in me , lots of tears. an amazing story as some one who has finally!!! accepted who i am after such a long confusing time . to read this . this is truly touched me deeply thank you so very much for your effort in expressing the characters inner growth and acceptance of themselves .i hope you step into this area again , best wishes to you.


So, like most others, each story means something to me...but Mountain Man is the one that still moves a part of me. (Warning: Transgender, homosexual themes, mild violence, early western frontier.)

Here's a link for any who wish to read it; Mountain Man

PS: I'm not sure if any of the four comments were from experienced writers. So if any do read this, please feel free to leave a critique if you see some things I should have done better. Feel free to PM of leave them on the story page ~ :rose:
 
I think my favorite story would be the one I just posted, Across A Dimly Lit Room. It's not that it's the most arousing or interesting; it's that I had the most fun writing it. I'm a pretty weird person and have a pretty weird thought process, and I really leaned on that with this story. If you feel like taking a look at it (it's pretty short), here is a link to it.
 
For me, it would clearly be Meg. My first and the one I think I've put more of myself into than any other. That is has been rated well is just a bonus.
 
For us, it's between two and for different reasons:

We believe that Quixotic Rapprochement is our best work to date. It showcases what we felt was a successful attempt to tie together numerous story threads into a surprising climactic scene. We fell in love with our characters in this story and while that is neat, it also made certain parts difficult to write.

The Page serial has been the most fun to write. The variety of characters has give us more flexibility and the opportunity to introduce protagonists.

-MM
 
I’ve only written one story in the Sci-Fi category (The Third Revolution), but it’s easily my favorite story of those I’ve written. I have actually re-read this story a few times, and can’t believe I wrote it! I just didn’t think I had enough imagination to pull it off.

Of course, it’s among the least-viewed, scored, and commented-upon stories that I’ve posted to this site. Go figure!
 
Weirdly enough, this old chestnut from my early days; https://www.literotica.com/s/mistletoe-kringle

I want to change my answer. At the time I wrote that it was my fav. But, that's changed. Regardless of how well it is received, https://www.literotica.com/s/a-final-valentine cost me too much. I just don't see writing anything I'm so heavily emotionally invested in ever again.

Not saying it is my best. Because it may not be. And I hope I will continue to get better at this whole writing schtick and eventually turn out something really well done. But, it is the one I think will probably always mean the most to me.
 
Back
Top