What Are You Listening To Now? 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have done all that covering people, right?

According to This Site

He wrote/co-wrote 94 songs, performed 129 originals, covered 385 songs and was covered close to or just over 700 times by other artists on songs he wrote (I lost count).

I rest my case. Ask anyone what song they know by Johnny Cash and it'll be a cover. Hurt by NIN or Ring of Fire by that other broad who he cheated on his wife with in the movie.

I rest my case. Ask anyone what song they know by Johnny Cash and it'll be a cover. Hurt by NIN or Ring of Fire by that other broad who he cheated on his wife with in the movie.

He still wore black decades before that Bono bloke, and has probably got a bigger back catalogue than most of your more recent cover bands.

You're forgetting the old 78s on your gramma's Victrola.

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/99642210478100805/

Hard to find a band that doesn't cover at least once (or more) in their career or have their songs written by other people while they sing and dance and not play an instrument.

Depending on the generation you ask, you'll get a different answer.

I actually like his rendition of Hurt better than Nine Inch Nails, but without being a fan of Cash, or angry at him, I don't think other professionals said anything because they cover, and Johnny Cash earned it with a lucrative career.

That being said, I'm going to listen to Hurt, by Johnny Cash this is a 'what are you listening to thread. Let's toss up a song after each reply to Mr. Cash's career.

Hard to find a band that doesn't cover at least once (or more) in their career or have their songs written by other people while they sing and dance and not play an instrument.

Depending on the generation you ask, you'll get a different answer.

I actually like his rendition of Hurt better than Nine Inch Nails, but without being a fan of Cash, or angry at him, I don't think other professionals said anything because they cover, and Johnny Cash earned it with a lucrative career.

That being said, I'm going to listen to Hurt, by Johnny Cash this is a 'what are you listening to thread. Let's toss up a song after each reply to Mr. Cash's career.

LoL. I'm just stirring tbh.

Currently listening to: https://youtu.be/f5CcOq8UzkI

(Stay Awake by Example)

B.B. King, Lucille. Gonna have to slip into something more comfortable and less and get to dancing!

To alleviate server load, we're slowly closing down any threads with over 5,000 posts.

The new thread is here (clickie!).

As annoying as this may be, phasing out all or most of the active super-long/never-ending threads will increase the forum speed substantially. If you see a thread that's active with more than 5,000 posts, please feel free to PM me with the link.

Please note that these threads are not being removed - just closed to new posts.

Thank you for your patience and kind understanding! :rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back