What Are You Listening To Now? 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Clash is playing in my head right now.
That's nice because I seldom get to choose the voices in my head.
 
I love that one. She's just great!

"Hit Me With Your Best Shot," was the first song I danced to with the woman I later married, 35+ years ago.

My favorite from Benatar has always been 'Hell is for Children.' I had it on 8-track, but I had to stop listening to it while I drove because I couldn't keep my foot off the gas when the guitar solo kicked in.

I saw them do a benefit a few years ago. Pat still sounds like Pat, but without much stamina. Neil Giraldo is still a guitar god. Their grandkids were doing the stage work.
 
"Hit Me With Your Best Shot," was the first song I danced to with the woman I later married, 35+ years ago.

My favorite from Benatar has always been 'Hell is for Children.' I had it on 8-track, but I had to stop listening to it while I drove because I couldn't keep my foot off the gas when the guitar solo kicked in.

I saw them do a benefit a few years ago. Pat still sounds like Pat, but without much stamina. Neil Giraldo is still a guitar god. Their grandkids were doing the stage work.

Dating myself but I saw Pat Benatar play at the old Palladium in NYC and even though I was practically in the last row she still sounded incredible, hitting every high note. Of course that place had the best acoustics of any venue I've been in. Also saw the Clash play there though the acoustics weren't as important for that show.

Mony Mony

Tommy James and the Shondells
 
Pat Benatar...

You Better Run
Fire and Ice
Little Too Late
We Belong
Invincible
Sex as a Weapon
Heartbreaker
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Hell Is for Children
 
A lot of great tunes, you guys, girls and grandpas. (Hey Zeb, how are you?)

Two recent discoveries:

Voyager - Ghost Mile (album)

https://youtu.be/oIlMNkW_YrQ

That one's modern, technical progressive metal, many weird time signatures and chord progressions, but amidst all the instrumental Olympics, there are wonderful vocal and keyboard melodies. One for the headphones and my current writing soundtrack.

Cyhra - Letters to Myself (album)

https://youtu.be/uvBjQ543l84

That's almost the complete opposite to Voyager. Straight, poppy, with hooks bordering on cheese. And to be frank, a mild disappointment. The two songs they released ahead of the album suggested an even mix between the melodious twin guitar style of the early In Flames albums and the pop metal of Amaranthe, but the finished album has too many slow, melancholic pop numbers and not enough rockets up its ass. Still, a competently played rock album with catchy hooks and two genuine killer tracks, but a lot of unobtrusive bubblegum besides.
 
According to the last couple of people I have dated this is my theme song.....

Bad Girlfriend by Theory of a Deadman......
 
Lobo - got this old Lobo CD I picked up from my grandmother. Really like it so she gave it to last time we visited.

- Afterglow
- How Can I Tell Her About You
- Where were you when I was falling in love
- You're all I'll ever need
 
A lot of great tunes, you guys, girls and grandpas. (Hey Zeb, how are you?)
...

Doing just fine BJ, just fine. Recovering quit nicely from bypass surgery. If you didn't read about it, back in July I had quintuple bypass surgery. Spent 2 weeks in the hospital and 10 day in inpatient rehab. I now go to outpatient rehab 4 times a week. Feeling very good now. Lost 40 pounds, working on the last 10.

How are you and your wife doing? Good I hope.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top