Marijuana Majority: Americans Now Back Legalization

For many of the reasons stated in this thread, I am pleased California is strictly medical for the time being and not recreational. Recreational to me means Big Tobacco will take over and we all know that they have been waiting to jump on this, since the 60s, when they bought up all that land in Mexico.

As a medical marijuana patient in California, I will wait and see how Washington and Colorado handle the situation. Until then, I will continue to farm my own and pray that I will always be able to do so.

Royce, I am very sorry to hear that Canada has changed so radically as of late. I sincerely hope the voters get the issue straightened out and you all feel free to toke again in peace.

For many of the reasons stated in this thread, I am pleased California is strictly medical for the time being and not recreational. Recreational to me means Big Tobacco will take over and we all know that they have been waiting to jump on this, since the 60s, when they bought up all that land in Mexico.

Big Tabacco conspiracy aside :)

The lack of legislation on a federal level actually interferes with interstate commerce.

What if a business in say, Idaho, wants to grow pot to sell in California or Colorado? By the crrent system, the business would have to move to those states.

Or what about basing a corporation in one state but functioning in another?

Sucks the Amendment system is being ignored, because we, as a country, could vote on it, rather than leaving it up to politicians and activists.

PayDay, those are all excellent questions with no answers at this point. I wonder whether I should try and create a brand name for possible marketing in the future, but am reluctant to draw that kind of attention to myself at this point. Straddling the fence, I guess you could say. Wait and see is what I am going to do for now.

You are right, though, we should be able to vote on this issue and not just leave it up to the moneygrubbers.

Big Tabacco conspiracy aside :)

The lack of legislation on a federal level actually interferes with interstate commerce.

What if a business in say, Idaho, wants to grow pot to sell in California or Colorado? By the crrent system, the business would have to move to those states.

Or what about basing a corporation in one state but functioning in another?

Sucks the Amendment system is being ignored, because we, as a country, could vote on it, rather than leaving it up to politicians and activists.

In the same vein, hemp is legal to buy in the States, if it comes from somewhere else outside of the country. The law prohibits the growth of it, but allows the manufacture of it into commercial uses, like clothing, pulp, and other uses. That is such a tax grab it isn't funny. Look who's making the money in that one.

Tobacco should be banned from growth and sale and convert it all to marijuana. The cost basis alone outweighs marijuana in production and manufacture against tobacco. Factor in no health related costs to marijuana, compared to tobacco deaths and illnesses and the cost to the GDP is phenomenally lower for marijuana.

Addiction rates are extremely low and show the ones who are, have highly addictive personalities, regardless of what substance they take. It's them, not the herb.

It's all coming down to how the buck gets passed from hand to hand and who's hands it makes it in. Not one business, or agricultural enterprise would be affected by the switchover, as everything is already in place and just need the go on it.

As much as we wait for our own countries to do something about it, the international community has to come to a resolution to be in accord with policies. Countries are gearing up for the new commodity to come on line and it's a race for money.

None of them care about the avg. Joe or Jane and what they want, it's all about what they can control and subsequently, us as well.

My take on weed:

2 reasons why it's illegal: 1) The drug dealers want it semi illegal and spend lots of bribe money to keep it that way. It's illegal enough to raise prices, but not so illegal as to deter people who want it. 2) Cheech and Chong dipshit potheads. Because of a bunch of morons publicly being stoned and stupid on weed, it has delayed medicinal legalization because legislators think all the potheads are going to fake glaucoma.

How and why it should be legal: weed has a lot of well documented medicinal properties and should be legalized and dispensed just like any other medicinal narcotic.

How and why it shouldn't be legal: if you drink, the law has clear standards with BAC on breathalyzer and blood test to determine level of intoxication. Weed, not so much. Having a clear threshold to determine if someone is over a given limit is almost impossible with current technology. As long as the law is written with intoxication having a seperate category for offense, then intoxication needs to be easily definable. If the concept if intoxication was removed from the law so that someone was just as legally responsible high as sober, then weed could be reasonably legalized for recreation. Until then, sourcing (growing of plants) needs to be controlled like other narcotics.

Taxes: the idea that weed should be legalized for taxes doesn't wash. Simply put, states with higher taxes also have higher state debt. California has legal weed with increasing users/customers and yet it gets more into debt every year.

Irony: 95%+ of impotence patients are over 40 and smoke. Tobacco causes plaque buildup in small blood vessels, like the ones that cause erections. Either too many of the vessels get blocked by plaque, or a man suffers a minor groin injury and the plaque buildup with scarring causes blockage so his junk doesn't work any more. Weed causes as much or more plaque build up than tobacco. Good news and bad news guys: you probably don't need a shrink if you're impotent, just a good urologist. Bad news, keep toking up and when your junk quits working, the wife will hire a good looking pool boy, even though you don't own a pool.

My take on weed:

2 reasons why it's illegal: 1) The drug dealers want it semi illegal and spend lots of bribe money to keep it that way. It's illegal enough to raise prices, but not so illegal as to deter people who want it. 2) Cheech and Chong dipshit potheads. Because of a bunch of morons publicly being stoned and stupid on weed, it has delayed medicinal legalization because legislators think all the potheads are going to fake glaucoma.

I'll buy that for a dollar. Seems perfectly reasonable.

How and why it should be legal: weed has a lot of well documented medicinal properties and should be legalized and dispensed just like any other medicinal narcotic.

Truthbomb.

How and why it shouldn't be legal: if you drink, the law has clear standards with BAC on breathalyzer and blood test to determine level of intoxication. Weed, not so much. Having a clear threshold to determine if someone is over a given limit is almost impossible with current technology. As long as the law is written with intoxication having a seperate category for offense, then intoxication needs to be easily definable. If the concept if intoxication was removed from the law so that someone was just as legally responsible high as sober, then weed could be reasonably legalized for recreation.

Not so @true.
Here in Joisy they actually have substance intoxication training, so if an officer supects you of being on anything other than booze, like pot or pills, they have the ability to determine it via a properly trained officer. So... there's that

Taxes: the idea that weed should be legalized for taxes doesn't wash. Simply put, states with higher taxes also have higher state debt. California has legal weed with increasing users/customers and yet it gets more into debt every year.

Another Truthbomb. 2 in 1 post... Smart is sexy :)

Irony: 95%+ of impotence patients are over 40 and smoke. Tobacco causes plaque buildup in small blood vessels, like the ones that cause erections. Either too many of the vessels get blocked by plaque, or a man suffers a minor groin injury and the plaque buildup with scarring causes blockage so his junk doesn't work any more. Weed causes as much or more plaque build up than tobacco. Good news and bad news guys: you probably don't need a shrink if you're impotent, just a good urologist. Bad news, keep toking up and when your junk quits working, the wife will hire a good looking pool boy, even though you don't own a pool.

pro. A+

California's finances are now under control. Please get your facts straight before being silly on the 'Net.

My take on weed:

How and why it shouldn't be legal: if you drink, the law has clear standards with BAC on breathalyzer and blood test to determine level of intoxication. Weed, not so much. Having a clear threshold to determine if someone is over a given limit is almost impossible with current technology. As long as the law is written with intoxication having a seperate category for offense, then intoxication needs to be easily definable. If the concept if intoxication was removed from the law so that someone was just as legally responsible high as sober, then weed could be reasonably legalized for recreation. Until then, sourcing (growing of plants) needs to be controlled like other narcotics.

Now this is total bullshit. Pot does not cause plaque build up, or cause ED. Get some facts before making statements like that. I have my proof. I've smoked it for over 40 yrs and the hydraulics are in great shape. My doctor assured me it showed no signs of affecting a man's erection and he speaks from fact and research.

Most ED is stress and alcohol related issues, as well as tobacco. Nothing has pointed to marijuana as having any significant adverse health effects, in any medical field, including urology.

California's finances are now under control. Please get your facts straight before being silly on the 'Net.

Sorry, but this is a lie----^

“When you add the $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare, the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year,” Antonovich said in a statement. “These costs do not even include the hundreds of millions of dollars spent annually for education.”

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...rojected-to-receive-650m-in-welfare-benefits/

Last edited:
Now this is total bullshit. Pot does not cause plaque build up, or cause ED. Get some facts before making statements like that. I have my proof. I've smoked it for over 40 yrs and the hydraulics are in great shape. My doctor assured me it showed no signs of affecting a man's erection and he speaks from fact and research.

Most ED is stress and alcohol related issues, as well as tobacco. Nothing has pointed to marijuana as having any significant adverse health effects, in any medical field, including urology.

1 is not ALL.

This is the equiv of saying "Well no one I know disagrees with me."

1 is not ALL.

This is the equiv of saying "Well no one I know disagrees with me."

I, have done my own research on it, not just relying on what others find out.I,am making statements based on facts that have been verified, as well as personal observations.

The statement of herb causing those problems is heresay and no evidence is shown. Research is based on testing individuals and comparing the results to a group. How the group is made up can determine numerous different results.

Smoking tobacco is proven to cause cancer, fact. Smoking marijuana doesn't cause cancer, fact. To equate the two is like night and day. The only similarity is the smoking part.

Well, pot use and ED is a new one for me. Is someone going to say pot causes men to become effeminate and grow breasts, too?

The misinformation often outweighs the truth. Plague has more to do with diet than marijuana use.

Regardless of whether it should be legal or not, it is going to be, and we are all going to witness how it's going to go down. Let's hope our officials don't try to do what they pulled off in Canada. $5 a gram is not unreasonable, but when you have been growing your own, that is excessive. If I had to pay even that much for my high-quality organic outdoor medicine, I would be hard-pressed to buy organic food.

It is a weed, and it grows naturally, so why not let the people grow it? Thomas Jefferson and George Washington both did.

The hemp issue is another sore subject for me. That one deserves its own thread, not that I will start it.

I, have done my own research on it, not just relying on what others find out.I,am making statements based on facts that have been verified, as well as personal observations.

The statement of herb causing those problems is heresay and no evidence is shown. Research is based on testing individuals and comparing the results to a group. How the group is made up can determine numerous different results.

Smoking tobacco is proven to cause cancer, fact. Smoking marijuana doesn't cause cancer, fact. To equate the two is like night and day. The only similarity is the smoking part.

Here's a newsflash for you:::

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT CAUSES CANCER, NOT EVEN THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY

>.<

It is a weed, and it grows naturally, so why not let the people grow it? Thomas Jefferson and George Washington both did.

/end thread

The hemp issue is another sore subject for me. That one deserves its own thread, not that I will start it.

There are plenty of great documentaries available from the H channel, the hemp debate actually bleeds into why pot is illegal. You're right, it would need it's own thread, but I don't want to get into that one either.

Last edited:
Here's a newsflash for you:::

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT CAUSES CANCER, NOT EVEN THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY

>.<

They know what causes it, they haven't figured out how yet, big difference. They know it gets triggered to mutate and it grows from there, that they know. What the trigger is, is still being decided, but stress is coming up as the prime candidate. Stress releases a toxic blend of the chemicals we produce in glands and that's one of the new focuses they're studying in depth.

Besides, who wants a cure for such an amazing cash cow like cancer societies? :confused:

They know what causes it, they haven't figured out how yet, big difference. They know it gets triggered to mutate and it grows from there, that they know. What the trigger is, is still being decided, but stress is coming up as the prime candidate. Stress releases a toxic blend of the chemicals we produce in glands and that's one of the new focuses they're studying in depth.

Besides, who wants a cure for such an amazing cash cow like cancer societies? :confused:

WHAT? No serioisly. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?

Does your brain even work? Do you have ANY smidgeon of evidence?

WHAT? No serioisly. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?

Does your brain even work? Do you have ANY smidgeon of evidence?

No, WTF? Really, you're that far behind in what's happening? Get on the wagon and catch up to things. Did you know they have already found that marijuana attacks cancer cells? Do you know that the body is regulated by glands and that they produce some very nasty shit?
You must get all your information from FoxNews or something. This is common knowledge my friend, nothing new. I have reason to stay abreast of what's happening, so I'm on top of whatever they're doing and coming up with.

Maybe we get more told to us up here, than you do down there, I don't know, but what I said is true, it's all in the research papers that are documented.
Surprise!!!:D

No, WTF? Really, you're that far behind in what's happening? Get on the wagon and catch up to things. Did you know they have already found that marijuana attacks cancer cells? Do you know that the body is regulated by glands and that they produce some very nasty shit?
You must get all your information from FoxNews or something. This is common knowledge my friend, nothing new. I have reason to stay abreast of what's happening, so I'm on top of whatever they're doing and coming up with.

Maybe we get more told to us up here, than you do down there, I don't know, but what I said is true, it's all in the research papers that are documented.
Surprise!!!:D

Proof or STFU & GTFO.

Saying you're the pope doesn't make you the pope.

Proof or STFU & GTFO.

Saying you're the pope doesn't make you the pope.

I don't need to STFU, or GTFO. You need to educate yourself and stop being a pompous 'I know everything' asshole.

You want to disagree, go find some proof and prove me wrong, because I have the proof that says I 'm right. I don't argue with armchair morons on issues. I posted what I know is fact and if you disagree, that's your choice.
Calling me out like you are just makes you look idiotic.

No one argues with me, because they know it's fact, or you wouldn't be the only one blowing smoke up everyone's ass. Nuff said.

From legal pot to cancer is justifiable. My late husband had brain cancer, most likely genetic because many of his pure-bred Italian relatives also are riddled with it, and he used marijuana to relieve several symptoms. His radiologist said the only difference between marijuana and opium was that he could prescribe the opium, but not good old Mary Jane. Since Jim was a patient, he was good to go. The amazing discoveries happening in the cancer world are so rapid, it would be difficult for anyone to stay up on all of it, unless personally affected, of course. Thank goodness, marijuana does help the cancer patients and that is proven.

I forgot to add that is exactly how the Pope became Pope, by saying so. There were many Popes from different city/states, until the Pope of Rome declared himself the most Pope, just so you know. Look it up, I did, long ago, now.

Last edited:
I don't need to STFU, or GTFO. You need to educate yourself and stop being a pompous 'I know everything' asshole.

You want to disagree, go find some proof and prove me wrong, because I have the proof that says I 'm right. I don't argue with armchair morons on issues. I posted what I know is fact and if you disagree, that's your choice.
Calling me out like you are just makes you look idiotic.

No one argues with me, because they know it's fact, or you wouldn't be the only one blowing smoke up everyone's ass. Nuff said.

That's it? Telling me I have to look up your outrageous claims? I'm not a police detective, nor have I ever claimed to know anything.

That's the point.

Happy Canadians seem a lot like people who do not listen to common sense.

also:: Hypocritical much?

That's it? Telling me I have to look up your outrageous claims? I'm not a police detective, nor have I ever claimed to know anything.

That's the point.

Happy Canadians seem a lot like people who do not listen to common sense.

also:: Hypocritical much?

That's it. No more. You claim to no nothing and yet you argue my statements. Ignorant much?

Face it, marijuana is a miracle plant and the informed and wise are catching on to that FACT.

That's it. No more. You claim to no nothing and yet you argue my statements. Ignorant much?

Face it, marijuana is a miracle plant and the informed and wise are catching on to that FACT.

Acting like you are right doesn't make it so.

Go back and read what you wrote while I wait for an apology

It would be wonderful if everyone checked their facts before posting, but then it would no longer be LITEROTICA, aka FREE FOR ALL, in more ways than one.

I thoroughly enjoy a good discussion, and try not to spout too much knowledge on here for that very reason. Someone always takes offense.

Luckily, I have developed a thick skin for this site, and do not let the jabs get me riled up, because that just makes the naysayers feel important, which they are not. I have no need to be agreed with, but if in disagreement, it is nice to back it up with something more than smoke and mirrors.

THANKS to everyone, who posted intelligent remarks here.

Back