Vanilla Wife and kinky best friend

agedmac

Literotica Guru
So, the basic idea is simple..... Alice is a vanilla wife...never fooled around, never been tempted (or so she says). Her husband adores her but wants her to 'break out' of the way she sees things sexually......he can barely get her to have sex, much less any kink, even as a married couple.

But for the last 10 years or so, she has a best friend that is a very sexual woman. We'll call her Karen. She vaguely implies to Bill, Alice's husband, that she would love to bed him. She also seems to have a hot wife lifestyle and her own husband seems to support it.

So, here's the question. First, I'm thinking everybody is late 40s or early 50s and that the story is told from Bill, Alice's perspective. He's trying to find out more about Karen's sexuality but his wife Alice won't hear of it. Somehow Karen's sexual nature is 'known' by Alice but not discussed. So, but I need more than "Alice finally lets Bill have Karen" or "Karen seduces Bill" or even Alice gets 'converted' by Karen.

I don't have a conflict or clearly discover that 'opens up the possibilities'? Maybe Alice has always known about Karen and secretly wants to become like her? Or Karen seduces both Bill and Alice? Or maybe Karen seduces Alice? Or even wilder, that Alice ends up seducing Karen, but how does that work?

The other possibility would be telling the story from Alice's point of view..... maybe she begins to suspect Karen wants to seduce Bill and she ends up deciding she wants to set it up and watch?

I'm stumped...... ideas? (remember, the key is that there has to be some sort of 'story/conflict' that sets this ablaze, right?)

Maybe the catalyst is a type of man she’d never even considered: maybe her kinky friend discovered she loves black men? Or she walks in on her with a black man, or a well-endowed man, something shocking that “flips a switch” in her brain? Although I suppose they’d need to be a bit younger for those whims to have the power to bring such an adventure to its crisis....

There have to be a history

So, the problem is Alice, right? She is the one that have to get past herself for the fun to unfold. Therefore, by picking her as the POV you can have her internal conflict.

Now, what that conflict might be? Alice can't be just asexual, and simply prude upbringing won't cut it also. That can be part of it, but on it's own that's too simplistic, boring, and apply better for college kids than the age group you aim for. She has to have secrets to guard.

She knows Karen, because they were good friends in college, and back then she was instrumental for Alice's short wild streak, but that ended badly, somehow. So bad, she didn't speak with Karen for next 10 years. Now she is afraid of genuine intimacy, and self convinced that by keeping distance to even her husband she keeps things in check.

Basically, she is badly afraid from herself inner wanton slut she knows she can become if spinning out of control.

Alice can't resolve that without getting resolution of those twenty years old events, and Karen is part of that problem. Maybe even Karen's husband is involved? Had Alice meet Bill at about the same time? Wasn't he her white knight who saved her from some situation, real or imagined, she definitely didn't want to be in? May she be afraid history can repeat itself and that same situation arise with her husband?

Maybe she was tried out or even forced into a submissive role she definitely didn't accept? Now she needs to prove to herself she can take control, most of all, over Karen. She has to, because Karen seems set to destroy her life, again, or so Alice see the situation. Will she succeed, or fail and fall?

Whatever your answer, Alice's sex life have to become much more interesting, and long before the ultimate resolution is reached.

Last edited:
Maybe the catalyst is a type of man she’d never even considered: maybe her kinky friend discovered she loves black men? Or she walks in on her with a black man, or a well-endowed man, something shocking that “flips a switch” in her brain? Although I suppose they’d need to be a bit younger for those whims to have the power to bring such an adventure to its crisis....

Honestly OP if I were you I would tend to avoid this as its a trope here on literotica. The trope that Black Men somehow make things magical and super exciting. Maybe use a man who is normal in all appearance but has a certain magnetic charisma that draws the wife out of her shell?

Honestly OP if I were you I would tend to avoid this as its a trope here on literotica. The trope that Black Men somehow make things magical and super exciting. Maybe use a man who is normal in all appearance but has a certain magnetic charisma that draws the wife out of her shell?

Good point about the trope----- maybe it's an old high school or college crush. Someone she thought was out of her league.

Good point about the trope----- maybe it's an old high school or college crush. Someone she thought was out of her league.

That would probably be best and more believable. Women who cheat tend to do it with someone they once formed a strong emotional connection too. an old boyfriend from High School for example. Someone she knows and is familiar and comfortable with.

So, the problem is Alice, right? She is the one that have to get past herself for the fun to unfold. Therefore, by picking her as the POV you can have her internal conflict.

Now, what that conflict might be? Alice can't be just asexual, and simply prude upbringing won't cut it also. That can be part of it, but on it's own that's too simplistic, boring, and apply better for college kids than the age group you aim for. She has to have secrets to guard.

She knows Karen, because they were good friends in college, and back then she was instrumental for Alice's short wild streak, but that ended badly, somehow. So bad, she didn't speak with Karen for next 10 years. Now she is afraid of genuine intimacy, and self convinced that by keeping distance to even her husband she keeps things in check.

Basically, she is badly afraid from herself inner wanton slut she knows she can become if spinning out of control.

Alice can't resolve that without getting resolution of those twenty years old events, and Karen is part of that problem. Maybe even Karen's husband is involved? Had Alice meet Bill at about the same time? Wasn't he her white knight who saved her from some situation, real or imagined, she definitely didn't want to be in? May she be afraid history can repeat itself and that same situation arise with her husband?

Maybe she was tried out or even forced into a submissive role she definitely didn't accept? Now she needs to prove to herself she can take control, most of all, over Karen. She has to, because Karen seems set to destroy her life, again, or so Alice see the situation. Will she succeed, or fail and fall?

Whatever your answer, Alice's sex life have to become much more interesting, and long before the ultimate resolution is reached.

I like this idea.....so something must have gone wrong....maybe it is someone she met thru Karen but is connected to Alice's husband? Got to be a mutual connection w/ Karen and Alice and was left unresolved.....like a hot night that Alice ran away from and yet.....still desperately feeds her desires all these years later?

One of the questions is, why is Alice a bit of a prude? Is it her idea that women aren't supposed to enjoy sex? Is she very religious and sees all sex beyond reproduction as sin? Is it that when younger she was raped and never recovered from the trauma? Is it that Bill never pushed her buttons right, the sex for her was never that good and just got boring, resigning herself to a sexless marriage?

Depending on what makes her a bit of a prude will then define the inner conflict that she has to struggle with. As with so many marriages, I'd opt for the last - the sex was just never that good, both got a little bored, but both are committed to their monogamous, sexless marriage. That is, until Karen reveals her desire for Bill to him. Now he is beginning to wake up to the prospects of some hot sex. Only, there is no way Alice would ever accept it.

Given Karen is in an open marriage, maybe they have her husband try and seduce Alice? A drunken dinner party, time in the hot tub, or on vacation together and just he approaches her, setting the seed of her own reawakening.

Another scenario is now that Karen has her eyes set on Bill and knows it can only be realized if Alice gives her ok, she actually tries to seduce him in front of her eyes, constantly looking at her, wondering how she will respond. She begins by dropping hints of how desirable Bill is when they are out together. Then when the 3 of them are together, she flirts with him, slowly progressing. Karen constantly looks at Alice, trying to read her response, seeing if she is ok with it all. She stops. But continues another evening. Or perhaps, in response, Alice becomes so upset, she cuts off contact with Karen, creating a whole new challenge to opening her up to the prospects...

Good points

One of the questions is, why is Alice a bit of a prude? Is it her idea that women aren't supposed to enjoy sex? Is she very religious and sees all sex beyond reproduction as sin? Is it that when younger she was raped and never recovered from the trauma? Is it that Bill never pushed her buttons right, the sex for her was never that good and just got boring, resigning herself to a sexless marriage?

Depending on what makes her a bit of a prude will then define the inner conflict that she has to struggle with. As with so many marriages, I'd opt for the last - the sex was just never that good, both got a little bored, but both are committed to their monogamous, sexless marriage. That is, until Karen reveals her desire for Bill to him. Now he is beginning to wake up to the prospects of some hot sex. Only, there is no way Alice would ever accept it.

Given Karen is in an open marriage, maybe they have her husband try and seduce Alice? A drunken dinner party, time in the hot tub, or on vacation together and just he approaches her, setting the seed of her own reawakening.

Another scenario is now that Karen has her eyes set on Bill and knows it can only be realized if Alice gives her ok, she actually tries to seduce him in front of her eyes, constantly looking at her, wondering how she will respond. She begins by dropping hints of how desirable Bill is when they are out together. Then when the 3 of them are together, she flirts with him, slowly progressing. Karen constantly looks at Alice, trying to read her response, seeing if she is ok with it all. She stops. But continues another evening. Or perhaps, in response, Alice becomes so upset, she cuts off contact with Karen, creating a whole new challenge to opening her up to the prospects...

Excellent points. Two things: a). I think the issue is just 'vanilla'-- the idea is that she has never 'experienced' something hotter---or has she? Maybe she has back 20 years back and maybe it involved Karen too....maybe Alice was about to do something really 'hot' w/ someone and she suddenly did not. b) if the story is told from Alice's perspective....something needs to 'trigger' the idea of doing something new. She's had a long friendship with Karen, whom Alice has 'accepted' as being 'out there' and yet.... So, I don't buy that Karen suddenly decides to seduce Alice's husband....no, something 'triggers' Alice....she sees something or experiences something that makes the memory come back about why she is 'vanilla'...and thus, she 'decides' to try again.

And what is that? To be honest, all the conventional stories here just seem to be that suddenly she is seduced/or seduces someone...I want something that says, 'oh fuck, that reminds me of 20 years ago when.......

A couple of ideas are shaping my thinking---1) she is vanilla because she almost did something 'so wrong' and yet it continues to fuel her erotic dreams; 2) she has kept her friendship with her hot friend Karen-- why has KAREN kept her friendship with her vanilla friend? Because something 20 years ago turned Karen on as it did Alice but the latter didn't 'see it through'.....there's the 'conflict' but what the hell IS it?

Keep offering ideas guys. (and by the way, this is what I thought 'story ideas' was about)

Back