Story wrongfully denied?

SamNightly

Virgin
Good afternoon all,

New to the site so still learning the rules and how things worked. I wrote a story and was so proud of it I wanted to share, thus here I is. So posted my story and wait nearly two days to find out it was denied. Okay fine I knew it might happen. However I was denied because of a minor involved in a relationship? One, there is none of that in my stories, two there is a minor in my story that had an infatuation with the main character, but nothing happened and nothing will happen. Literally that's all my story says minor had infatuation with main character.. why was I denied? Please help? :confused:

Infatuation is sexual involvement, but if you think the story should pass, you can return it with comments in the notes box. I've done that several times with stories that the submissions editor, in a quick scan, thought there was something in the story that wasn't, and all I had to do was to note what it was being rejected for wasn't in the story, she reviewed more closely, and the stories got posted as written and originally submitted.

The only thing 'wrongful' here is you trying to put a minor in any situation like that.

I'm an editor and I receive maybe two stories every week that have been denied for similar reasons. The safest thing to do is simply make no mention of minors at all in your stories. Is it legitimate to discuss minors in a peripheral way in such stories? Sometimes, maybe. Is it ever actually necessary? Almost never. Make it easy for the site editor.

Bottom line, minor. Not to be in stories at all. Sorry.

Bottom line, minor. Not to be in stories at all. Sorry.
Ah, no. Bottom line, no sexual activity involving minors at all, but there is no blanket ban - you just need to separate the story telling content from the erotic content.

At last count I've had three babies born, a six year old with her grandmother, and several mentions of children in my story file - nearly sixty stories. Also several mentions of teenagers losing their virginity aged whatever, with just a one liner.

The rejections come when there is any sexualisation of minors or when people try to bend the rules. It's not hard to stay within the rules.

Ah, no. Bottom line, no sexual activity involving minors at all, but there is no blanket ban - you just need to separate the story telling content from the erotic content.

At last count I've had three babies born, a six year old with her grandmother, and several mentions of children in my story file - nearly sixty stories. Also several mentions of teenagers losing their virginity aged whatever, with just a one liner.

The rejections come when there is any sexualisation of minors or when people try to bend the rules. It's not hard to stay within the rules.

I stand corrected then. I try to keep all minors out of my stories just in case.

I stand corrected then. I try to keep all minors out of my stories just in case.
It's sensible to do that unless a plot calls for it (mine did). The site does allow minors to be described, just no sexual detail at all. "She lost her virginity at fifteen" will fly, description of the event will get bounced back.

It's sensible to do that unless a plot calls for it (mine did). The site does allow minors to be described, just no sexual detail at all. "She lost her virginity at fifteen" will fly, description of the event will get bounced back.

Thanks for the clarification.

The only reference to minors I've ever made was to explain that there were none in the community; that they were sent away to be raised elsewhere and taught was what was expected of them when they returned at 18. No mention of how they were raised or what they were taught.

I find it amusing that Pride and Prejudice would not be allowed at Literotica, in view of the activities of Miss Lydia Bennet (age 15). :)

I find it amusing that Pride and Prejudice would not be allowed at Literotica, in view of the activities of Miss Lydia Bennet (age 15). :)

At the level that P&P describes it, it would probably be OK. The relationship is mentioned, but not described in erotic detail.

miner details...

I've had a story rejected after posting because of a mention of being "sexually active" at a pre-18 age. No details at all, it wasn't even an integral part of the story. It seems quite subjective. Clearly the first person(s) to preview it didn't see an issue with it, but someone must have complained after it posted.

There are certainly a lot of stories that infer sex with "minors". Keep in mind that minors in Lit are under 18. Minors in some of the United States are under 16 for sexual matters. And over fifty percent of Americans are sexually active before 18 years of age. But, we shouldn't talk about that!

And remember that miners in Galaxy Quest are probably over eighteen even if they look like children.

I've had a story rejected after posting because of a mention of being "sexually active" at a pre-18 age. No details at all, it wasn't even an integral part of the story. It seems quite subjective. Clearly the first person(s) to preview it didn't see an issue with it, but someone must have complained after it posted.
If a submitted story has been reported, it still goes back to the same person (Laurel) who would then read it more closely. Did you then review your own story to find the offending content? For a story to be reported by another reader, there must have been something more than you say - you've hinted that you know what it was by saying it wasn't integral to the story. If that was the case, it would be easy enough to remove the unnecessary content and resubmit your story.

yes it was easy enough to remove

One paragraph out of 5,300 words.

But now I'm absolutely perplexed! Are you serious? One person proofs everything posted on this site?! Holy crap! That is absolutely amazing! Salute Laurel! You turned around my last 12 page (lit page, not word) chapter in what? 2 days? You are incredible!

But now I'm absolutely perplexed! Are you serious? One person proofs everything posted on this site?! Holy crap! That is absolutely amazing! Salute Laurel! You turned around my last 12 page (lit page, not word) chapter in what? 2 days? You are incredible!

Yes, her site, her rules, her job to police the huge amount of content - she must be the world's fastest skim reader.

That's why, I think, there's a host of writers who support the platform by posting information in these threads, reinforcing the content policies wherever we can, and generally trying to help, as she provides a publishing platform with huge reader exposure that we wouldn't otherwise have.

I for one am hugely grateful for the platform (where else would people read my scribbles?), and we can all help police it by being clear on the rules, and reporting any stories that slip through when we see them. It's especially important, I think, with the current climate of moral crusaders, to help keep Literotica a self-regulating site for responsible adult content.

One paragraph out of 5,300 words.

No, which is the point. Only one person reviews and either accepts/or rejects all submissions. But the point is that she isn't able to read, let alone proof, all of the submissions. At best she scans them and makes a decision based on an incomplete read and supposition.

Omg it really is just ONE person!?
I feel so bad for her now.....there's so many categories I would never want to read. Lol

Back