Immortal Love

She walked around pulling some old cloth of of various things as well curious about it all.

I can not imagine why snow would cause it there is no real road dust to worry about here.
 
Deacon Frost

"Well with the coverings over the furniture we don't have a lot of work. Maybe Karma is smiling on us for once."

He went to work to clean the furniture that needed cleaning, before long the room was clean, not really spotless, but clean enough. He nodded his approval,

"Seems like we will be finished faster than I have thought."
 
She smiled to him nodding.

Yes this will be very good I think for us. Safe for now I hope and away from snow.
 
Deacon Frost

"Time to get the heat going, you do seem to be turning a bit blue."

He chuckled and slipped his jacket back on, the elder told him that the previous owner had lefy some wood behind and that it would start them off, but he would need more wood before the end of the week. He went outside, found the stack of wood hidden in an outer building at the back of the house. Using an axe he found stuck in a chopping block he chopped the logs into finer pieces. He carried two arms full of wood into the house as he reminded himself to get a new axe handle, the old one was splintering. Soon he had a fire going and the heat started to warm the room.

"There you go my dear, a cozy fire for you."
 
She smiled to him and moved over closer to the fire reaching to pull him with her.

Much better

She smiled to him kissing his cheek at how wonderful he was to her.
 
Deacon Frost

He smiled at her and hugged her with one arm, this was a new beggining for them and whatever dark powers looked after them, actually did a good job of it.

"So first tonight we both rest and tomorrow we finish cleaning and then see if you still have those nible feet. Sounds like a plan?"
 
Agreed that sounds best.

She stared at the flames curious as to what was happening really but said nothing else just smiled till sleep tried to overtake her.
 
Deacon Frost

He watched again as she started to nod off and found that he liked watching her sleep and it did not bother him that she fell asleep against him. Usually it would trouble him, but this just felt right and of course she was not bad looking either. He smiled and shifted slightly to make her more comfortable.
 
She glanced around trying to fight sleep she wanted to enjoy time around him but she was so comfortable around him that if she was tired she felt safe enough to sleep but it was growing tiresome and she wanted to remain awake.

Slowly moving to stand she glanced to him... What should we do next?
 
Deacon Frost

"Eat perhaps, then get settled in for the night. The day is drawing to a close."

He remained where he was for now, he was actually very comfortable
 
She went and got her pack moving quickly back to the fire even heavily dressed it was far colder than she ever could have imagined any place being.

Eating would probably be good.
 
Deacon Frost

He nodded at her,

"You have a bite, I'll get our bedding ready."

He got to his feet and ambled off to fetch their bedrolls. On returning he started to make their beds close enough to the fire to keep them comfortable. He sat down with his cleaning kit and started to clean and sharpen his sword and dagger.
 
Deacon Frost

He nodded at her,

"You have a bite, I'll get our bedding ready."

He got to his feet and ambled off to fetch their bedrolls. On returning he started to make their beds close enough to the fire to keep them comfortable. He sat down with his cleaning kit and started to clean and sharpen his sword and dagger.
 
She curled up quickly on the bed roll watching the fire.

You are sure this will work?
 
Deacon Frost

For a while he said nothing as the wetstone slid over the blade of the sword, then he nodded slowly.

"I believe so yes, if not we still have the property. Propert always makes money, don't forget that, at times it may look to you like I will be wasting my money on buying ground, but you will understand in time I believe."

He grinned,

"And what hot-blooded man can withstand your dancing Samira?"
 
You seem quite able to.

She watched him for a moment thinking on his words about land. It made a little sense to her.
 
Deacon Frost

He chuckled,

"Aye, so it seems...perhaps I am not hot-blooded? Maybe a reptile?"

He smiled at his own jest as he started to clean his now sharp sword.

"Well then, time to have a bite and then sleeping time should be upon us."
 
She became bold and determined moving over to him her bare hand cupping his cheek.

No not reptile. So why?
 
Deacon Frost

He chuckled softly at her bold move, reached up and patted one of her hands with his,

"Then I must be looking at the art and grace in your movements? Try to find your inner rhythm to find your music?"
 
What good is that to our cursed life? I have shown I can dance to nearly any music played.

She stared into his eyes curious if she could still see that change.
 
Deacon Frost

He gave her a soft smile,

"In my life music is the purest form of happiness, anger, sorrow. You can dance to any music, but what I am looking for is your very own music, the music of your soul."
 
She did not fully understand but she returned the smile and thought about it for a long moment. He certainly was a strange one but a comfort to have near and she knew would keep her safe.
 
He finished sharpening and cleaning his weapons, then placing them aside he settled down in his bedding and stretched out.

"Tomorrow we add the finishing touches and then it will be time to settle ourselves into the community."
 
She whispered the word tomorrow as sleep quickly overtook her. Eyes falling closed as she smiled softly curling towards the warmth of the fire. Her mind drifting over everything that has happened to her since she had met this strange pale man. Her mind then found its way to the changes she felt in him for a time and pondered on that change till she fell even deeper into sleep feeling safe and in a strange way loved in this situation she now found herself in.
 
Deacon Frost

He woke the next morning, rekindled the fire and waited for it to start heating up the room. Then he started fixing coffee and breakfast. He sat on his bedding when he was done and stared at the fire
 
Back
Top