Bite me

hello, Harry

sorry about your head

that whole 'head whirling with... ' stuff? sometimes it's like that without the alcohol :)

and hello, too :rose:

Hi Chipper

First off, we, mostly I, are/am burying Mr. G's fuckin' thread again. Secondly, thank you, to the first.

He states that this is a timing thread; I missed that. He refers to alliteration in relativly recent posts. Then you speak of descants and I feel close to an epipthany of gestalt/understanding that is like fumbling in the dark for an object that flees the fingers.

The examples of Old English alliteration, frame yours and his points succinctly, but what all this has to do with melons, or lemons escapes me. Perhaps it is the lack of emotion producing reactions to the menu on NP.

I found long ago that, to do something better, we must first see how it is done. They're writting, that's a good thing; give them something to read.

Bogus did with that vitriolic piece, Twelve Oh dropped a satirical bomb shell on a fucking duck, give us the snake, pretty please, drop 'VENOMOUSsssss' in NP. I've just noticed that you lost your nonexistent halo.

Building blocks, Haven't played with blocks in awhile; guess I'll go research prepositional phrases.

Bye little fish

honestly, though, there's much said here that flies over the top of my head, so i'm left relying on instinct and hoping just a little of the erudite conversation has left a small impression. as a most general point, i'd suggest a writer gets all up close and intimate with your basic building blocks and build organically. i'll leave the more complex autopsies to those who know the scientific names. :eek:

kind of like learning the melody off by heart, then realising you can counterpoint with descants and other harmonies of your own making to create ambiance? but bees and spiders seem to get to their perceived point of perfection then toss out the window any further development.
1.)erudite? more crude but sometimes you have to learn to talk to people
2.)sounds like a plan, what are you doing tonight? maybe we can interchange some blocks
3.) good point
First off, we, mostly I, are/am burying Mr. G's fuckin' thread again. Secondly, thank you, to the first.

He states that this is a timing thread; I missed that. He refers to alliteration in relativly recent posts. Then you speak of descants and I feel close to an epipthany of gestalt/understanding that is like fumbling in the dark for an object that flees the fingers.
timing, as in bomb, as in i'm pissed and ready to explode, not anymore, seen some good stuff in NP, seen some start to clean up their work. QQ leaving comments that address to poem. People beginning to think.
BTW, what did rhyme with duck?

Here is what I've been saying, again and again.
You make your own way, you pick and chose what is right for you, but you are a moron if you don't keep your eyes and ears open.
Recognize the fact that someone is doing something better than you, recognize the fact that someone is seeing something else than you, access their ideas, you get better.

This was a great place once, I am glad to have been a part of it, a very small part. If pressed I could probably name 50 people I learned something from, (anon wasn't one, but they amuse me) and still do.
When you see comments that start to disagree, you have getting there.

....Puck comes to mind ....as in horse puck

....Puck comes to mind ....as in horse puck

paying attention is 90% of the battle, there was something important that rhymed with duck, something also rhymed with ass
in the other thread were sounds repeated um,um,um
and sounds with in words, a vowel pattern ew,ew..ee,ee..O,O, ew

spend a lot more time absorbing than writing

paying attention is 90% of the battle, there was something important that rhymed with duck, something also rhymed with ass,
in the other thread were sounds repeated um,um,um
and sounds with in words, a vowel pattern ew,ew..ee,ee..O,O, ew

spend a lot more time absorbing than writing
Lost me, the only thing I could find was Duc. found nothing to rhyme to the other.

Lost me, the only thing I could find was Duc. found nothing to rhyme to the other.
truck
gas
oline
this was written two days before your caca poem feb 13?, revised four times, done about a week ago
parked on a special day
Ang called me mean spirited, putting it mildly, life's a bitch when you run afowl of me

the moral:
put all your ducks in a row,
they blow up better

on a totally non poetic matter

and unrelated to Ang's poem
Marc-Chagall-The-Bride-15351.jpg

am I the only guy to see a vagina in this picture?
or have I been doing advertising for the liquor industry too long
and it's my Freudian slippin?

and unrelated to Ang's poem
Marc-Chagall-The-Bride-15351.jpg

am I the only guy to see a vagina in this picture?
or have I been doing advertising for the liquor industry too long
and it's my Freudian slippin?

I see it. How about this for a phallus, Rodin's Balzac http://http://foolsgoldcoast.typepad.com/.a/6a00d834523e8e69e20120a4e3ea46970b-pi, a phallus which ejaculates creativity. It is quite surprising how often sexual content can be seen in visual art, whether by design or accident. Visual art is one of the arts which relies most on sex for its inspiration but unfortunately it tends to be censored by public museums until it is old enough to be acceptable.

I see it. How about this for a phallus, Rodin's Balzac http://http://foolsgoldcoast.typepad.com/.a/6a00d834523e8e69e20120a4e3ea46970b-pi, a phallus which ejaculates creativity. It is quite surprising how often sexual content can be seen in visual art, whether by design or accident. Visual art is one of the arts which relies most on sex for its inspiration but unfortunately it tends to be censored by public museums until it is old enough to be acceptable.
maybe we should start a thread
Why your non-erotic art often is

maybe we should start a thread
Why your non-erotic art often is

Probably the best erotic none erotic art is Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel. Panels of homo-erotica. Rather ironic considering the Church's position on homosexuality and what the favourite sexual passtime of the Cardinals is.

I'll never look at a potato with a straight face again

Back to Bite me, Big time
to the anon, put a face on it
to the weepy one, no I don't have to, neither as a person nor as a poet, come prepared, i.e. read, and contribute, you do neither, you take up shelf space with inferior product, so in my eyes you are a parasite, as are too many others
to Mr. A, merely, your argument doesn't hold water. Good luck.

Jaws jumped the shark
Comes twilight and vampires
grown long of tooth elude
mirrors watery sheen
(high stakes gone stale).

Chattering chops feral mythic
beasts great spiders blind
bats that little girl had a mouth
like a moray eel on her
and she knew how to use it.

I'll never look at a potato with a straight face again

Back to Bite me, Big time
to the anon, put a face on it
to the weepy one, no I don't have to, neither as a person nor as a poet, come prepared, i.e. read, and contribute, you do neither, you take up shelf space with inferior product, so in my eyes you are a parasite, as are too many others
to Mr. A, merely, your argument doesn't hold water. Good luck.

Could you just name names - "anon" is understandable bur "weepy one" could be me and it bothers me and, I might be missing something, but who is "Mr A"?

Thank you.

Could you just name names - "anon" is understandable bur "weepy one" could be me and it bothers me and, I might be missing something, but who is "Mr A"?

Thank you.
I will not, they are responses to emails, some asshole called me a troll; various complaints and excuses. Actually the anon identified themselves. Mr. A may have inadvertently identified himself also.
Now why the fuck would you be the "weepy one"?
But let's talk about you for a second, you have your tastes, likes, dislikes, same as everyone else, you did catch the last part - same as everyone else. Same as everyone else, hmm, what does he mean by that?
I never had a problem with consistency, I think you are consistent. And frankly, one of the better poets here, but that is just my opinion.

Needless to say, I am tired of the shelf stuffers, and self absorbed assholes. And I do have a problem sometimes, I really don't know how to sugar coat a foot.

Respect

Respect

Why do you think you deserve it? The message I get most often is "Let's talk about me, my material, but let's message my ego in the process." Let's address the ego part first. Stick your hand up your ass and message it yourself, and I am not particularly interested in you either. Your material. I do address other people's material much more than you may think. You might not have caught it, because you are interested in yours and your alone. That is very easy to tell, submissions vs comments, lack of thought in the comments.
Let's face facts, the average poem is basically written in 15-20 minutes, isn't it? The above average poem maybe 30. Some of you don't know that. The edit time should at least take as much time, I think it should be four times that amount. Now the amount of thought behind it, that's tough to measure, on the back burner it takes me a week. The amount of time to get to the point of really thinking about it, years.
Like I said, how much respect do you think you deserve?
Now the better poets have spent those years, they can write a decent product in about 30 minutes, do they tell you that? Do they tell you most of it is templated? A template is a short cut to a product and is a rote process and it does takes time to learn these things. But that is no substitute for thought.
Now how much time did you spend? Your time is much better spent removing your collective heads from your own collective assholes massaging your egos and looking around.
Now what part of Fucking Read, Fucking Edit, and Fucking Think do you not understand?
For those that are only getting the first part, Fuck OFF.
My lack of manners sometime, to whom am I talking too?
Now I can be a real asshole sometimes, but that is just me knowing how to talk to all kinds of people.
Think about it, you are probably getting a lot more respect than you deserve.

Respect, show some for your craft, for others, you will get it from me.

I will not, they are responses to emails, some asshole called me a troll; various complaints and excuses. Actually the anon identified themselves. Mr. A may have inadvertently identified himself also.
Now why the fuck would you be the "weepy one"?
But let's talk about you for a second, you have your tastes, likes, dislikes, same as everyone else, you did catch the last part - same as everyone else. Same as everyone else, hmm, what does he mean by that?
I never had a problem with consistency, I think you are consistent. And frankly, one of the better poets here, but that is just my opinion.

Needless to say, I am tired of the shelf stuffers, and self absorbed assholes. And I do have a problem sometimes, I really don't know how to sugar coat a foot.

My nickname means sad - weepy. Thank you for flattering comments but I still don't see why you do your replying here rather than one on one, do you really believe those folk read this forum?

Last edited:
Not to be an editor

Respect

Why do you think you deserve it? The message I get most often is "Let's talk about me, my material, but let's message my ego in the process." Let's address the ego part first. Stick your hand up your ass and message it yourself, and I am not particularly interested in you either. Your material. I do address other people's material much more than you may think. You might not have caught it, because you are interested in yours and your alone. That is very easy to tell, submissions vs comments, lack of thought in the comments.
Let's face facts, the average poem is basically written in 15-20 minutes, isn't it? The above average poem maybe 30. Some of you don't know that. The edit time should at least take as much time, I think it should be four times that amount. Now the amount of thought behind it, that's tough to measure, on the back burner it takes me a week. The amount of time to get to the point of really thinking about it, years.
Now the better poets have spent those years, they can write a decent product in about 30 minutes, do they tell you that? Do they tell you most of it is templated? A template is a short cut to a product and is a rote process and it does takes time to learn these things. But that is no substitute for thought.
Now how much time did you spend? Your time is much better spent removing your collective heads from your own collective assholes massaging your egos and looking around.
Now what part of Fucking Read, Fucking Edit, and Fucking Think do you not understand?
For those that are only getting the first part, Fuck OFF.
My lack of manners sometime, to whom am I talking too?
Now I can be a real asshole sometimes, but that is just me knowing how to talk to all kinds of people.
Think about it, you are probably getting a lot more respect than you deserve.

Respect, show some for your craft, for others, you will get it from me.

You mean massage, not message.

You mean massage, not message.
anger impacts the vowels, but thanks and you do have my respect

for what it's worth

oh let us speak of Kentish things
Kentish kings, Horse Ass and Horst Wessel
clue they were Jutes, which means German too
along with Angle, Sax, and Dane.
The Celts found them a pain.

Myth means shithead ironsuited.
Fuck Joseph Campbell too.

Tess, Yes I believe they do.
I'm sorry if you found my comments flattering, I do try to call'em as I see'em.

Back to Myth

Amerika

Paul Bunyan chainsawed the land
from sea to shining sea
John Henry railroad bedded it back
and Col. Saunders after winning the war
feed the starving masses in a line
chicken.

Paul and John are now out of jobs
so says a Mr. Patel in IT
who is being outsourced next week
thanks to people like Mitt Romney

Oh, asshole people make asshole laws
asshole kings rule asshole countries
asshole CEO's run asshole companies
But Lady Macbeth said it best
when she said
out, out, brown spots
and when you get shipped off
for your political views
remember your best advice came from me
-your prison advice-

Keep a tight asshole

this thread and level three are sort of my yin-yang thing

Literotica has had some of the best poets I've seen, some very unique, and at times the mix has been extraordinary.

but it has more than its share of litterrunticans -

ignorance is no crime, we are all ignorant of something, and it can be remedied

insistence on ignorance is a crime and it's not victimless

Litterrunticans. That is one of the funniest things I have read here.

How about Lite-eroticans (the aspertame version) ? Or litre-roticans (writing while sauced)? Literuptians?

How about Lite-eroticans (the aspertame version) ? Or litre-roticans (writing while sauced)? Literuptians?
Literuptians
gasp!
although google says "do you mean
littereruptions?"

Lite-eroticans (the aspertame version)
I'll have to try that one, have been getting rather
phat!

I'm gravitating towards the litre-roticans. Best make mine a double.

The Affect Heuristic

Myth means shithead ironsuited.

Now Wtf, is this number guy on about now, and wtf does it have to do with poetry?

The Affect Heuristic

I'm tempted to just drop it and say Think, but what you are doing as a writer is manipulating words to create an effect. And what you are doing as a reader (or should be) is trying to figure out how you where fooled.

excerpt

Then how about this? Yamagishi (1997) showed that subjects judged a disease as more dangerous when it was described as killing 1,286 people out of every 10,000, versus a disease that was 24.14% likely to be fatal. Apparently the mental image of a thousand dead bodies is much more alarming, compared to a single person who's more likely to survive than not.

Now how many times have you been lectured about concrete images?

but it gets worse, by extrapolation, suppose you see two poems over in New Poems, one a sonnet, one not. The easy and quick course is judge the sonnet writer as a better poet than the non sonnet writer, not necessarily true. That requires some thinking, doesn't it?

Now suppose x,y,and z, say that A is a better poet than B and x,y,and z all are good poets, is A better? Quick think - yes.
But it is not necessarily true, my first question would be are x,y, and z similar to A and B is not and that is the basis for the judgement?
Not to mention x,y, and z may actually be A (or their girlfriend). This judgement may have a degree of validity only if x,y, and z are actually quite dissimilar people.

Now do you want to write or wallow in your ignorance? To write actually requires thinking. Hard thinking.

I am reminded of a statement "this is just beautiful writing" said by a person I once respected, my question would be why? when I see another example of "this is just beautiful writing" by another that affects me more.

Think
and Think for yourself, eh?

Back