Story Related Reference Concept

LWulf

I am; gasoline, N matches
Joined
May 15, 2013
Posts
9,237
I always wanted to build an entire town... :devil:

Some people might look at this as a chain story. It's not.
Some people might say it seems like role play. It's not that either.
In a sense, this is doing a fan-fics. Is a fan-fic a "chain story"? In a sense, yes, in a sense, no.
Opposed to chain stories (never did one so I AM guessing about "how"), writers would get together and make an outline of activities or events they will focus around. This has no such outline (though I won't say you can't). Chaos rules! (beyond the following rules, of course) :p

In creating any story, it's important to create boundaries. In some instances, it takes time to create something detailed, if you are so inclined. Doubly hard to come up with names and such.

What I am proposing is creating a completely fabricated town that anybody can use, that provides those details and names.
Basically, it's coming up with a generic outline of details.

NOBODY needs permission to use it, if it is listed here, you can use it, within the boundaries of established rules and guidelines.

Purpose: A reference tool for writers to use jointly, amicably.

Premise:
Now, here's the trick...
  • You can create any part of the town, or interact with another part of a town that someone created**
  • You can't uncreate what someone else has created (for instance, you can't set fire to someone else's character's storefront)
  • You can't mock someone else's story - There's no way to enforce this, except the Lit rules. If in doubt, contact the creator to see if what you want to do is acceptable.
  • You can make secondary characters that others can use, or vice versa.
  • You can't handle someone else's main characters, without their expressed consent (this would be common for chain stories).
  • Any time a character leaves this area, to a "real world" place, then they have gone out of boundaries, and basically has left the story environment.
  • You can make as many areas, as you can create secondary characters. Though you can also make up floater characters.
  • You can only post new content only when you are posting a new story. (you can request an area be put on hold until the story posts) but if no story is posted within a set amount of time (3 months? 6 months?) then the held area (on my updated map) will be released for any to use as they wish.
  • A location, that someone creates, can be labeled as "Clean," "Soiled," or "Dirty." Which are basic rules for what erotically can go on.

How: People that have bits they want to contribute post it here. (secondary characters, locations, etc. Only original stuff, no modifications of other people's stuff. If you can work with the originator, then they will update their original stuff with your modifications. If they can't because they left the forum... well, I don't know what to do in that situation...



***********************************************************​

See this post for map and current locations.

Districts:
  • Residential - primarily residential though there are always quicky-marts and other such businesses in such a district
    • Upper Class
    • Middle Class
    • Lower Class
  • Business - likewise to residential, there are hotels and apartment buildings here it's just MOSTLY business here.
  • Warehouse - this is the rough area of town gangster activity most likely here.
  • Docks - similar to warehouse area
  • Donalton City University or college (?)

Note: Loquere has a story they are working on which they want in Nillaville which has a military base being closed down (no other military base would be needed anywhere else if they continue that story concept.

Each location within a town has 3 classifications or code for what the originator wants done there (I try to allow respect to what an originator might want to do with that location in their own stories).

Location codes:
  • Clean: Look at it like there is a cop in attendance who will arrest anybody doing anything sexual (like in a real life town).
  • Soiled: This is an area where you can get away with SOME things but watch it, a cop might walk around the corner and...
  • Dirty: This is pretty much an open market for sexual goings on. Try to remember that you don't want to have monsters constantly in attendance in "Nillaville" while I allow there is a slim chance of it going on.

***********************************************************​

I think a couple of towns might be necessary.
(Barring further updates based on better suggestions for names)
  • Nillaville - This is a "vanilla" town where it is more "traditional". You need to have a point to be able to counterpoint in any story. I figured it would be better to have a town to counterpoint the "anything goes" city of Donalton.
  • Donalton - An "anything goes" sort of town, with exception to Weirdsville.
  • Weirdsville - Focuses on strange happenings like UFO's, tentacle monsters, werewolves, unicorns ...and trekkies :)P).


***********************************************************​
Something to know about me is that I make LOTS of suggestions. The following isn't a rule, it's a suggested concept. I am very into balance in and around stories. Very yin and yang. Donalton is the yang, to Nillaville's yin. Then each town is a yin and yang unto itself. but again, these are just suggestions for writers to use. What they actually do with it is another matter all together.

Figure it this way:
Nillaville isn't 100% vanillas, but about 80% vanillas and 15% anything goes, and 5% Weirdsville.
Donalton isn't 100% anything goes, but 75% anything, 20% vanillas and 5% Weirdsville
Weirdsville is only 50% weird happenings, 35% vanillas and 15% anything goes.

I figure it this way, What's the point of monsters if only monsters are in attendance? They need vanillas and anything goes people to chase and eat (whatever! :rolleyes: ). Likewise for the big city where anything goes. You sometimes need vanillas to counterpoint the point, or what's the point?

THIS IS WHAT I NEED HELP WITH:
(DISCUSS, Please!)
Location: America
State: ________
Weather/Season: whatever is current in real world time, for that location/state.
Nillaville town name: _______
Big City name: Donalton
Weirdsville town name: _______

So, what do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? Thoughts?

If writers want to post secondary characters as "floaters" for any one town, that's fine, but I'll ask to refrain from creating locations until a map is posted.
Thoughts on how these towns can evolve into a tool for everyone is freely being asked comment on.

PLEASE don't send me PMs. This is NOT meant to be a story development thread per say. It isn't meant to be a "how can I get from point A to point B" jam session, it is merely a resource of locations and characters from other people's stories.
Please use normal threads in story ideas to that ends.
 
Last edited:
Currently this is as much as I have for the city of Donalton.

To keep things in order, I had intended that the City, town and weirdsville town were to have their own separate post to keep things in order, but APPARENTLY *ahem* some moderator decided to delete those comments.

City Description: The city is rather bowl-like. The outer edges are starting to creep up into the low level mountains surrounding it. The center, is an island which is the lowest section. While there are residential areas to the right, you will still have food markets, quicky-marts, etc in there too. Likewise there are hotels and residential buildings in the business district.


Eventually, if this idea takes off, I'll put in street maps, etc for each district.

Shows the general proposed layout of the city


Shows a grid system for locating each location in the city


Locations in Donalton:
LOCATION NAME..|..DESCRIPTION..|.DISTRICT.|..GRID..|....RUN BY....|.LOCATION CODE.|....ORIGINATOR
The Bad Girl Bar...........stripbar.........Warehouse.....7A.......Reg (Reggie).........Soiled*....................Lwulf
Dino's Bar (Forthcoming)...bar............Business........4F ...... Spider/Sally..........Dirty.................MyGuiltySecret
 
Last edited:
Well written though. I was thinking of building a town for a story. Was coming up with street names and a origin story too. Then I gave up.
 
That was just

Smart ass.


Smart ass.

Information to read

Smart... okay, three times is just too much, now you're a dumb ass! :p

Well written though. I was thinking of building a town for a story. Was coming up with street names and a origin story too. Then I gave up.

Okay, you probably aren't serious, but if you weren't you could submit those street names to be used.

Understand, it's a jam session of creative thoughts that anybody can use as a reference.

Yeah, it's gonna be long winded until I fix it up and lean it out some, but I just thought I'd post some reference points where people can start making suggestions based on them or argue why it's a bad idea.

My "For later use" posts were for maps if this idea takes off. So... :p
 
This is an interesting concept and I like it. Sort of an erotic Sims or Second Life... If two or more authors were inclined, do you feel they could write a chain together? (On a side note, do you know how someone "petitions" Survivor to add a new chain?) Would this type of sharing allow an author to add their stories to the contest? Would each author involved need some kind of disclaimer stating they're part of a shared universe?

On another note, were you once LunaWolf? :)
 
Interesting concept. I like it, wish I'd thought of it since I've set up a lot of world and in hindsight wished I had more help.

Rubi, you are the one here who has actual weight though. Go kick something and figure out how we start a chain. I'm just LoudMouth McGee. Everybody knows me but you ignore me at will, people ignore you at their peril.
 
This is an interesting concept and I like it. Sort of an erotic Sims or Second Life... If two or more authors were inclined, do you feel they could write a chain together? (On a side note, do you know how someone "petitions" Survivor to add a new chain?) Would this type of sharing allow an author to add their stories to the contest? Would each author involved need some kind of disclaimer stating they're part of a shared universe?

On another note, were you once LunaWolf? :)

in that order;
I wasn't thinking of that, but yes, exactly! (Second thought, no. I think you are saying that because of the clean/soiled/dirty concept. The reason I mentioned that was because some writers want to keep some form of control of their characters or locations used. Maybe they have plans on using the location later on and don't want mass orgies in that location)
I don't see why not.
No, I'm afraid I don't. I think you submit your story at the same time as the other author, and in that side note thingy when posting a story, tell Laurel or Manu about the other author you are chain writing with.
I have no affiliation to the website besides being a fellow writer, but I believe contests are supposed to be stand alone stories that are completely original. You'd have to consult the contest rules to validate that. It might be argued that using this concept for a contest would be cheating.
I don't see why a disclaimer is necessary. It is merely a gimmick and reference that would allow an author to flesh out a story line a little easier by using preset references. Again, simply using a "tag" stating the town name for instance, would allow a reader to explore familiar characters written by other authors.

heh Never. Maybe it's a Harry Potter thing but I've seen the name here and thought "Luna" was a girl.

Note: the reason I don't think this is a chain story concept is because people that have chain stories, I imagine, jam with a couple of writers and they make up some form of outline of where the story will go. This has no outline. Chaos rules, baring the few outlined rules I mentioned initially.
 
Last edited:
Great idea!

I think this is a fantastic idea!

Think you can get a sticky posting at the top of this thread explaining the concept, and then another sticky posting containing a constantly updated list of locations (with their descriptions and any associated secondary characters) directly below it? Perhaps each one should also include the name of the person who created it so you could drop them a PM when you use it.

Damn, I've got a story I really should be working on, but I've had an idea for a location I want to write up...
 
This is a great idea...possibly needs it's own sub-forum to work well.

thwy do that sort of thing well over on houseeros
com where there is a forum for each "world" and it has moderator and off-topic threads were people cam discuss plotlijes.

For example there is one with a Starfleet spaceship and people can join up as various crewmembers
 
Example

I think I got the town and big city backwards. I think the Big City will be called "Donalton" and the Small City will need a new name, Fantasyville/Weirdsville likewise.

Here is a sample of how I see the information being posted:

LOCATION NAME The Bad Girl Bar
LOCATED IN Donalton
DISTRICT Warehouse district
RUN BY Reg (Reggie)*
LOCATION CODE Soiled (exceptions noted in "features")
ORIGINATING STORY Here
STORIES USING THIS LOCATION Here

Description: The Bad Girl Bar is an old, two story, brick faced, large, converted warehouse for a strip bar/adult entertainment in the warehouse district of Donalton. It is open for business from (about) 3PM until 2AM. It is run by Reg (aka Reggie). A door man usually on hand is Vinnie. All the bartenders on staff are named Jake (This is a running gag based on the phrase "Everything's Jake"). There is a DJ booth located on the 2nd floor right after Reg's office. Just passed the DJ booth is the stripper's changing room/lockers. The bar itself is long, with rounded ends in the middle of the floor. To one side is the main stage, and nearby are two round mini stages, large enough for one girl with a stripper pole. A lap dance area is under the dancer changing rooms.​

(As I said, you cant open a location without having a character to run it. Though I imagine some exceptions will pop up.

The description of a location doesn't have to be lengthy and can just be copy/pasted what is described in your story but it should have some example of "size (number of floors), shape or condition (new/old/etc)." You don't have to describe features, I did because it helped me develop my story.)

Pictures:
Reg's office (While the club is very clean and colorful, Reg's office is faded fellow, smells like a cross between stake sweat and fish, and looks like a 1950's office)

The front of the Bad Girl Bar
(for reference, the windows on the second floor to the right is where Reg's office is)​

(IF any. Don't post any photographs of real places. Again, this isn't necessary to be done by everyone, I did it to give myself a better reference to develop my story)

Features:
  • Parking is down an alley.
  • There is a "spanking machine" in the reception area with the receptionist in it (usually for being late to work/etc (I imagine there are times when someone hasn't been late, so it wouldn't always be in use))
  • There are "simulacrums" (fembots sticking out of the wall) in the hallway leading into the club from the reception area, that can be used by patrons to get off on (for a price) - see story for further detail
  • Spanking themed stage shows/plays are only 5 nights a week and only run for about 20 minutes each (twice nightly) Otherwise regular stripper atmosphere
  • Dark purple decor on walls and rug floor.
  • Dark red carpet and wall coverings in reception area.

(as a guest writer, if someone wanted to use this stripper bar as a setting in their story, do they HAVE to use all the features or descriptions? Not if they don't want to, but they can't rewrite what is existing.)

Secondary characters:
  • Reg - (while he is actually a primary character, I'll allow him to serve as a secondary character) Manager of the Bad Girl Bar. Thin and of average height. Balding, 40's to 50's. A real letch of a guy. A real smooth talker. Tries to get blowjobs from any stripper he can "negotiate" with. "By the book" kind of guy (when it suits him). Usually wearing a wrinkled white shirt and thin tie. His face is lightly pock marked and oily. Hates to be called "Reggie." Talks like a used car salesman. "pencil neck"
  • Vinnie - Bouncer/door man. VERY tall, and looking like an upside down pyramid (very muscular). Black hair, olive complexion. About 30 years old. He is very "Guido." He is secretly sleeping with 3 of the strippers which are his "one true love" until he finds someone new to fuck. He likes smoking cigars. He "tawks like a New Yawka." A street punk with ambitions to work for the mob one day in "enforcement."
  • DJ - 25ish male - nondescript otherwise
  • Jake - the Bartender(s) (all four of them), varying from 20 something to 30 something. male - nondescript . Easy going and likeable guys that keep the bar running.

(the descriptions of secondary characters can be copy/pasted from your story or can be your own notes for the character. It can be one sentence or a series of paragraphs)
 
Last edited:
This is a great idea...possibly needs it's own sub-forum to work well.

thwy do that sort of thing well over on (another website) where there is a forum for each "world" and it has moderator and off-topic threads were people cam discuss plotlijes.

I think it could be handled with a two thread system. One to discuss requests for areas to be used and the other just the neat information alone, though initially I thought it could all be done in one thread. I hate making numerous threads just for the fun of it.

Discussing plot lines sounds like chain story stuff. Again, maybe chain story people can use this too, but my purpose is that people can develop their own independent story that uses this as a reference.

Have you ever wanted to write a story about a strip bar but didn't want to fuss over the details, though you know you needed them? Boom! I just posted a description of a strip bar that other people can use, complete with people that run the place, if needed for secondary characters.

Could they be used for main characters? I suppose, but I'd like to hear some discussion what other people feel about such things.

Would you want to make up a location and secondary characters only so someone else could make them primary characters??
 
Smart ass.



Smart ass.



Smart... okay, three times is just too much, now you're a dumb ass! :p



Okay, you probably aren't serious, but if you weren't you could submit those street names to be used.

Understand, it's a jam session of creative thoughts that anybody can use as a reference.

Yeah, it's gonna be long winded until I fix it up and lean it out some, but I just thought I'd post some reference points where people can start making suggestions based on them or argue why it's a bad idea.

My "For later use" posts were for maps if this idea takes off. So... :p


-I had a story idea about a guy who recently graduated from the Ivey leagues, heads back to his small town, where he finds that the towns main employer has gone bankrupt & the military base is closing.
-He makes deals saves the town becomes mayor
-A sex component was hard to come about adding.
 
Yeah, my guess is Rubi did that.

Okay, remember this is just meant to be a jamb session for references (Places and people), not story line development.

Plot development is what the threads are for in "story ideas."

However, If you are saying you want to use this concept to develop the small town. that's fine, but do you want to submit your main character(s) as secondary characters for others to use??

I'd think you'd want to keep control of them.

Otherwise, you're saying you need a military base that is being decommissioned.

Any preference for branch of the military? How much detail do you need for that location?

Not sure what you mean about "A sex component was hard to come about adding"
 
Absolutely love the idea. You'll need a dedicated group of people to get this going though. This concept was done decently by some tumblr porn caption blogs on a small scale. I had a blog like that once, but I took it down because I wanted to focus on other NSFW tumblr pursuits - but back to the point, awesome idea.
 
The Bad Girl Bar

LOCATION NAME The Bad Girl Bar
LOCATED IN Donalton
DISTRICT Warehouse district
RUN BY Reg (Reggie)*
LOCATION CODE Soiled (exceptions noted in "features")
ORIGINATING STORY Here
STORIES USING THIS LOCATION Here

Description: The Bad Girl Bar is an old, two story, brick faced, large, converted warehouse for a strip bar/adult entertainment in the warehouse district of Donalton. It is open for business from (about) 3PM until 2AM. It is run by Reg (aka Reggie). A door man usually on hand is Vinnie. All the bartenders on staff are named Jake (This is a running gag based on the phrase "Everything's Jake"). There is a DJ booth located on the 2nd floor right after Reg's office. Just passed the DJ booth is the stripper's changing room/lockers. The bar itself is long, with rounded ends in the middle of the floor. To one side is the main stage, and nearby are two round mini stages, large enough for one girl with a stripper pole. A lap dance area is under the dancer changing rooms.

Pictures:
Reg's office (While the club is very clean and colorful, Reg's office is faded fellow, smells like a cross between stake sweat and fish, and looks like a 1950's office)

The front of the Bad Girl Bar
(for reference, the windows on the second floor to the right is where Reg's office is)
The Bar (proper) To the left you see the stairs going up to Reg's office/DJ booth/dancer changing rooms Below that is the door to the hallway. In the corner to the left of the main stage is the "lapdance room" in the corner to the right is the "Champagne Room"
Hallway between reception and the club proper. (In this initial drawing, Vinnie wasn't as tall. I eventually made him to be about 6'-6" to 6'-8" tall.) Simulacrums sticking out from the wall on the right (I was toying with ideas at this point - thus the men's room partitions between simulacrums)

Features:
  • Parking is down an alley.
  • There is a "spanking machine" in the reception area with the receptionist in it (usually for being late to work/etc (I imagine there are times when someone hasn't been late, so it wouldn't always be in use))
  • There are "simulacrums" (fembots sticking out of the wall) in the hallway leading into the club from the reception area, that can be used by patrons to get off on (for a price) - This area is "dirty" but only with the simulacrums. see story for further detail
  • Spanking themed stage shows/plays are only 5 nights a week and only run for about 20 minutes each (twice nightly) Otherwise regular stripper atmosphere
  • Lapdance area is soiled, though you can try to push "dirty" (with risk of being found out by the bouncer)
  • there is a alley along the side of the building which is less often used and is considered "dirty"
  • Dark purple decor on walls and rug floor.
  • Dark red carpet and wall coverings in reception area.

Secondary characters:
  • Reg - (while he is actually a primary character, I'll allow him to serve as a secondary character) Manager of the Bad Girl Bar. Thin and of average height. Balding, 40's to 50's. A real letch of a guy. A real smooth talker. Tries to get blowjobs from any stripper he can "negotiate" with. "By the book" kind of guy (when it suits him). Usually wearing a wrinkled white shirt and thin tie. His face is lightly pock marked and oily. Hates to be called "Reggie." Talks like a used car salesman. "pencil neck"
  • Vinnie - Bouncer/door man. VERY tall, and looking like an upside down pyramid (very muscular). Black hair, olive complexion. About 30 years old. He is very "Guido." He is secretly sleeping with 3 of the strippers which are his "one true love" until he finds someone new to fuck. He likes smoking cigars. He "tawks like a New Yawka." A street punk with ambitions to work for the mob one day in "enforcement."
  • DJ - 25ish male - nondescript otherwise
  • Jake - the Bartender(s) (all four of them), varying from 20 something to 30 something. male - nondescript . Easy going and likeable guys that keep the bar running.
 
Last edited:
I deleted what?

There was 3 comments by Loquere preceding my (now) comment 4 that were deleted and there were 2 of my postings following my post 2 (but previous to Loquere's now deleted post) that were also deleted.

My 2 posts were basically empty (for later use 1, 2 and 3). The first "for later use 1" remained (which now is in use showing maps for Donalton). The other two were going to post maps for Nillaville and Weirdsville, each showing locations from stories people created, respectively.

Now I have to create a new thread all over or put maps and locations all in post 2.
 
Last edited:
When I saw "duplicate", etc, I thought that was a booboo on your part. Like when someone has a double post and then edits one out. So, I thought I was helping you by cleaning it up. My bad! :eek:

Loquere's removed posts were not story ideas or brainstorming.
 
When I saw "duplicate", etc, I thought that was a booboo on your part. Like when someone has a double post and then edits one out. So, I thought I was helping you by cleaning it up. My bad! :eek:

Loquere's removed posts were not story ideas or brainstorming.

Roles reversed, I would have made the same call. I have no malice. I tried to repeat the same text (for later use) in each post but the system wouldn't let me with the clock ticking, I opted to just say "duplicate" instead of "for later use 2&3."

No argument about loqueres posts :D
 
I had an idea like this once that I never used for a story.

City Districts
Greenfeild- Suburbs, university, and mall. Streets named after trees (Pine, Maple)
Whiteshore- Beach, Marina, and upper class living community.
Brownwood – Industrial district, Projects and docks.
Graystone- Historical district / shopping district, river front, and city hall.
Bluewater- Downtown Business district.
Redrock- Entertainment district. Porn studio, adult toy store, strip club, bars, night clubs.
 
I had an idea like this once that I never used for a story.

City Districts
Greenfeild- Suburbs, university, and mall. Streets named after trees (Pine, Maple)
Whiteshore- Beach, Marina, and upper class living community.
Brownwood – Industrial district, Projects and docks.
Graystone- Historical district / shopping district, river front, and city hall.
Bluewater- Downtown Business district.
Redrock- Entertainment district. Porn studio, adult toy store, strip club, bars, night clubs.

Hmm. Sorry, I somehow missed your comment. Are you offering those names for these districts?

If so, that's cool! I might have to tweak some around, but I like the idea of an entertainment district. I had a hole that I wasn't sure what it was but knew there was a purpose at one time XD
 
If someone wants to reserve a location in one of the towns, but they don't want to post details until their story posts, again, all you have to do is post a general description.

Example:

LOCATION NAME: DeSoto's News and Confections
LOCATED IN: Donalton
DISTRICT: Warehouse district
RUN BY: Desoto
LOCATION CODE: Clean
ORIGINATING STORY: Forthcoming
STORIES USING THIS LOCATION: Forthcoming

Description:
An old style newsstand and candy shop. Down the alley from the Bad Girl Bar

Pictures:
(None)

Features:
(None)


Secondary characters:
Desoto - an old guy in his 50's gruff, because the area his shop is in isn't such a nice area, but nice enough to folks that BUY stuff.

edit: Then after your story posts, you can edit your description filling out the greater details.
 
Last edited:
Please folks, I'm not trying to push anybody away from this concept, but I have to insist writers to not PM me asking for help developing their story.

The idea of this concept is when you write up a story, that you post a place and/or secondary characters that others can use. In that respect, other people will be helping you to develop your stories, by allowing you to use their locations and secondary characters.

If you want help developing your story, please make a thread in "story ideas" and ask for such.

I don't know if people are just playing me as a fool or if they just don't get it...
:confused:
 
Back
Top