Looking for a true connection

Bump! There has to be a nice fellow NYer (tall ideally) that can buy this lady a drink!

I suggest chatting with folks in The Playground. A, it's fun. B, you'll meet people with whom you can process this stuff. C, who knows you might even meet someone special, but it's been my experience that if you want emotional connection, the personals are a hard place to find it...

Hi MetroNYGirl,

I won't throw my own hat into the ring - wrong country and wrong gender - I don't see a future for us.

I do have a suggestion for you though. Go geek! I'm not trying to be funny. I know its counter intuitive, but guys with poor communication skills - once you get past their barriers - can be the sweetest and most attentive companions. They also excel at beginning a relationship in writing before physically meeting.

I'll probably get this deleted by directing you off-site, but Reddit has the highest density of geeks in the civilized world. Try placing your orig post in /r/personals.

Good luck with your search.

I do have a suggestion for you though. Go geek! I'm not trying to be funny. I know its counter intuitive, but guys with poor communication skills - once you get past their barriers - can be the sweetest and most attentive companions. They also excel at beginning a relationship in writing before physically meeting.

I'll probably get this deleted by directing you off-site, but Reddit has the highest density of geeks in the civilized world. Try placing your orig post in /r/personals.

No, do NOT take that advice.

Uhh... I'm a geek and I promise you that I can sense it when somebody is faking it just as easily as a woman can smell fear and insecurity. OP, just be you. Don't try to appeal to a certain group of guys and act like you're something you're not. In hurts both parties in the long-run.

Wow that actually offended me. like wtf?

I think it is wonderful hun that you are married and looking for a relationship on the side. I wish you the best of luck.

No, do NOT take that advice.

Uhh... I'm a geek and I promise you that I can sense it when somebody is faking it just as easily as a woman can smell fear and insecurity. OP, just be you. Don't try to appeal to a certain group of guys and act like you're something you're not. In hurts both parties in the long-run.

Wow that actually offended me. like wtf?

I think you misunderstood me Christopher. At no point did I ever suggest the OP be anything but herself. In fact, I think I suggested repeating her post verbatim, which I think you'll agree lays her feelings and intentions bare.

At the risk of repeating myself, what I'm suggesting is that there is a class of worthy men who are often overlooked because women are not prepared to do the work to get past their barriers.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like you think geeks are unworthy companions. I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree, and so would my bf, I think.

I think you misunderstood me Christopher. At no point did I ever suggest the OP be anything but herself. In fact, I think I suggested repeating her post verbatim, which I think you'll agree lays her feelings and intentions bare.

At the risk of repeating myself, what I'm suggesting is that there is a class of worthy men who are often overlooked because women are not prepared to do the work to get past their barriers.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like you think geeks are unworthy companions. I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree, and so would my bf, I think.

The term geek has lost all meaning. You are using it to suggest a shrinking violet wimp. Someone who cannot come out of the basement and talk to women in an assertive manner. There is nothing wrong with any human being on the planet being an acceptable mate for any other person that finds them attractive.

Not being able to assert one's self to approach and interact with women is not a winning mating strategy for these geeks of which you speak.

To suggest she is going to be happier with some fellow she dug out of a cave than sorting through the many with courage to approach her is not a productive mating strategy for her, either.

You having found a guy that you like who was perhaps less than outgoing is great for the two of you. To suggest she do likewise is like saying, my boyfriend has blond hair and size 10 sneakers, I would look for that if I were you!

Lostbabygirl, the post is 2 yrs old. Pretty sure the OP is no longer an active member.

Last edited:
Send me an outline. :) I haven't had a good freelance writing assignment in a while. ;) But be warned, my ad got me nowhere. :(

Back