Starspeaker IC (Closed for silvertongue217)

Jase shrugged thinking over her words

"We will lose the map then for now at least" jase said and patting his jacket "this will have to be good enough for both of our betters then"

"So let's dop this then" he said pumping the shot gun and letting the plasma coils warm up " get the escape pod prepped to these cordinates I'll cover you and we will get to the pod then we get on my ship and blast the hell out of dodge"

He looked at the greating before turning to her "in case we don't make it" he said grabbing hwer pulling her in.

Their lips !met and he kissed her passionately as if it may be their last kiss. He let her go winking at her before pushing her back up into the hanger. he followed after pushing himself in and leveling the shot gun as he nodded at her to get to work.
 
Vera was expecting more argument about saving Merian.

What she wasn't expecting was the kiss.

When Jase grabbed her and pulled her close her arms moved into a defensive position, ready to flip the bastard onto his backside. However, she froze when his lips slammed against her, shocked by the sudden intimacy. His kiss was passionate- what she would expect from a first kiss long awaited, or a last kiss delivered with all that a relationship had earned. Somewhere between the feeling of his body against hers and their lips pressed together, she wondered if he always kissed this well. Her body was reacting to his, despite her better wishes, and she suddenly found herself hoping it wasn't their last kiss.

It was ridiculous- illogical and full of false hope.

But she still enjoyed it.

When he pulled away she made a point of glaring at him.

"We'll make it," she promised, though she wasn't sure whether it was because she was looking forward to another kiss like that or because she wanted to throttle him for dredging up those repressed feelings.

When he pushed her back into the hanger Vera switched to business mode; distractions like this could get them killed. Instead she shimmied back to the CPU and plugged in, getting to work to make the escape pod viable. Into her programming she added the coordinates, removed their responder beacon, and also switched off the vital sign reading sensors. Hopefully it would be enough for the Blood Pack to think their reavers had accidently activated the pod. It was all she had time for as Jase's blasters fired behind her.

When she was done she disconnected from her ship and shimmied out from under it, taking stock of the damage Jase had wrought before getting into the pod and readying it for launch.
 
They went down easily

At first at least

His shot gun blasted them away sending them scattering down the deck as he took them down one by one. He gave no inch or quarter making sure each of them fell as he covered her.

Then things got more dicey

The alarm sounded and the guards rushed in clamoring as they fired their plasma riffles. He returned ducking and cursing as he used the shotgun to the best of his abilities.

He was close to being out when she signaled it was time to go.he covered her using covering fire to watch her as they reached the escape pod.

They were nearly there when the rocket blast hit

He was covering her as she got in and suddenly he was thrown back his kentic shield flaring as he slammed into the escape pod he groaned dazed blinking stars away.
 
Vera Starborn

Jase had come out to cover their rush to the escape pod as they ran. He was doing a fine job of protecting them from all of the firing until they were almost there. As Vera reached up and slammed her palm against the lock panel she heard a shot hit close to home. The sound of a kinetic shield firing up reached her ears and she looked down to see Jase slide down the side of the pod and onto the floor. Vera froze for a moment- wondering whether she would be able to leave him and commandeer his ship. That thought was quickly pushed from her mind- despite her own military training and needs as a Chancellor, she held her own weapon up and fired at the bastard that had hit Jase. She leaned over, jamming her weapon into the holster at her hip as she grabbed him and heaved him up.

"Come on cowboy,' Vera grunted "we have an escape pod to hatch."

With a grunt and a lot of effort she pushed Jase up into the escape pod, having to give the final unceremonious push by placing her hands on his backside. She looked at that as payback, although he probably would have enjoyed it and rendered it ineffective.

Then, a loud alarm sounded through the hangar.

"Fuck." Vera turned to see that the temporary launch code that Jase had activated had been reversed. The doors to the dock transition point were slowly closing.

Vera vaulted herself into the pod before slamming the door shut. She simultaneously spooled up the pod and buckled herself and Jase in.

With gritted teeth and a lot of foolish hope, she shoved the thrusters into go position and watched as they zoomed through the dock. The lock doors were closing and it would be a narrow fit for them to get out. If they got out.
 
"Fuck" jase groaned blinking and shaking his head "you get the number of the astriod that hit me?" He asked groaning as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Oh damn it" he said watching the doors beginning to slide shut "punch it"

They made it out

Barely

But they made it

The pod rocketed into the astroid belt and soon they were out of sight. Jase sighed and pushed against his temple again rebooting samantha.

"Samantha be a dear and get the ship" jase said sighing and hearing the affirmative. Seconds later his ship flew out the door opening as they glided into the somewhat cramped cargo bay.
 
"An asteroid belt?" Vera exclaimed as they drew closer to the plethora of space rocks before them. No wonder PEACe never detected him. It was smart,but dangerous. "You really are a space cowboy." She laughed, relaxing in her seat for the first time.

Thankfully it looked as though cutting the vital monitor had worked. The Blood Pack hadn't bothered following them. In a few minutes they would be too close to the asteroid belt for them to notice anyway.

Jase reactivated his AI and requested the ship. Moments later it sped towards them, the cargo bay opening up as they sped towards it. Vera sat up straight once more and piloted the pod into the bay of Jase's ship at a more respectable speed. When they landed she sat back once more, allowing her body to ride the end of her adrenaline wave and letting out a long breath she hadn't known she'd been holding.

This was much more exciting than being Chancellor.

She looked around, trying to get a better measure of the make and class of his vessel.
 
"She's a class B falcon" jase said noting her curiosity and grinning "fast and sturdy"

"You brought an imperial aboard?" Samantha asked appearing beside him "are you crazy?!"

"Think that's been established" jase said grinning "view mode please"

"This is samantha my better half" jase said nodding at Samantha who nodded politely "now princess where do you want tpo go princess" he did turning to her
 
Class B... Not bad. But Vera guessed it was more than just a Class B. She had a suspicion that Jase would have added some non-council approved bells and whistles as well. She was about to say something to him when a woman appeared beside him and chastised him for bringer her aboard. Samantha, he introduced her as, his faithful AI.

"Ah, your AI is certainly intelligent." She said, approving of its caution. "Tell me Samantha, does Jase usually whisk imperial women's board his ship after kissing them? Even when he doesn't even know their name?"

Vera unbuckled her harness and opened the pod door, stepping into Jase's cargo bay and wondering what sort of illegal booty his ship would carry.

"First, we need to look at that translation."
 
"Ah right" jase said cutting Samantha off before she could retort "meets take a look at that translation"

He took out the note book flicking through it as he found the page with the translations. He placed it on the scanner letting the green light play over it as he turned to her.

"So while we are waiting..." He trai!ex off winking at her "sure you won't stay"
 
"I would like to stay until we get this translation sorted," Vera said, explaining rather than asking permission. "That is, of course, unless you have plans to throw me into the vacuum of space before I get a chance."

Vera watched with fascination as he put the translation onto the scanner. She was desperate to see what Merian had translated, and was attempting to see through the pages as the light ran past them. Her impatience was illogical though- she would see it in due course.

"You can call me Avery, by the way," she added, distracted as she watched the loading screen above the scanner running through a loading screen.

"Also, we should probably get your ship well clear of Aridia. The Blood Pack may have ignored the rogue escape pod, but your Falcon will surely warrant a second look."
 
"I don't want to move just yet" he said shaking his head " the blood pack are going to be all over this place the heats going to take a while to die down"

"Scan complete" sa!antha announced waving her hands. The hologreaphiv interface sprang into existence revealing a myriad of words and illustration all done by her hand.

"Seems the doc didn't let us down" jase murmured walking around and taking a look at it. He came over to her side and bumped her hip pointing at the display.

"Any of this mean any thing to you Avery?" He asked raising an eyebrow
 
As Vera's eyes scanned the information she frowned. It was less a set of coordinated and more a jumbled bunch on unfinished riddles.

"I'm not sure," she murmured with a frown swiping the screen up and down to gather some sort of information.

She read over it again and wondered if the answers to the riddles would lead to coordinates. She also wondered if their placing on the ord would give her any further clue. Either way her head began to ache as the adrenaline fled her body and she needed a break.

"Falcon class, right?" She asked, looking around the cargo bay. "These do come equipped with bathrooms don't they?" She joked.

She didn't really need to go to the bathroom, but sue did need a bit of space and a chance to reset herself before committing more brainpower to the riddles. She wasn't an expert on these ancient devices or maps, but she had been with her translators and historians for very moment of their work, so she had a good working knowledge that should be able to get her through.
 
He noddeds watching her gp before turning to samantha

"Don't start" he said shaking head and pulling off his duster

"Don't you tell me not to start jase!" Samantha hissed folding her arms "what in the hell do you think your doing! Bringing an imperial woman on board the ship if the rebels find-"

"Need I remind you we aren't rebels?" Jase snapped back shaking his head "they hired us that makes this my ship"

"She's still an enemy" Samantha snapped "she could shoot you right now"

"She won't" jase said pulling out the scan of the notebook and placing her copy on the table "I'm going to fo check the coast"

He clambered up into the canopy checking the scanners for traffic. There was a host of ships moving into the base but he couldn't tell who or what allegiance they belonged to.
 
Once Vera located the bathroom she shut the door behind her and collapsed against it, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. What had she gotten herself into? She had hoped the map would be easy to interpret, but after seeing it she knew she would need time and help to get it done. She also knew that the longer she stayed away from the PEACe mothership, the more disconnected she would e with the current state of the galaxy.

That said, she knew what she faced if she returned. She would spend days and weeks arguing with a number of people to get the resources set to hunt down the orb, or work on the translation. She could easily just pull rank, but that would mess with her pretense of diplomacy and possibly turn some of her constituents against her. Using pooled resources on the Lexicon was already risky.

Her position here with Jase, however, provided promise. He appeared to be accepting, even if he wouldn't ally with them, and he also seemed to be interested in her. If not for any purpose other than rutting, she was sure that would be enough to keep him interested even if for a little while. Vera had used many methods to gain and maintain her leadership; using her feminine wiles on a handsome captain would probably be the most pleasurable of them all...

Vera used the amenities and then exited the bathroom. The cargo bay was empty, but the hatch for the canopy was open so she decided to join Jase.

"Are we in the clear?" She asked, looking at his control system.
 
"Nah not yet" jase said tapping the scanners and leaning back "the ships area coming so either they won or they lost he murmured watching the asteroids for a few seconds. He finally turned to her raising an eyebrow and leaning nback to regard here.

" so now we have reached our impasse" jase said chuckling softlyt " you helped me get off of that rock even saved my skin I'd say you Moore than earned my share of the loot"

"You get a copy and I get a copy" he said leaning in his eyes locking on hers "I'll even drop you off at thee nearestr imperial station if that's where you want to go"

"Or you can stay on see if we can not stab reach other in the back long enough to work together or fall in bed tofether " he purred winking at her "but the choice is yours"
 
The information Jase revealed was interesting- the ships were already departing. She wondered if PEACe were in their way. Was it possible that Merian have chased off the Blood Pack? Or were they mobilising their force before PEACe had a chance to intervene. either way, the orb was on one of those ships. And they may need it in the future. She took the translation he offered and considered it, feeling herself at a crossroads.

"Please," she laughed, "the council would fry your Falcon for lunch if you tried to dock. Even with me aboard."

Instead, with a suggestive grin she put the info pack back on the console and grinned.

"You seem lonely in this big ship all alone," she teased "How about you keep me aboard and see if you can't find anywhere more pleasurable to stab me than in my back?" She raised her eyebrow suggestively.
 
Last edited:
"I would like to see them try" he said patting his beloved ship fondly and watching as she seemed to consider her options. Jase hadn't expected for her to treat him seriously. She was after all part of some task force (one would think) and there was the whole sworn enemy things so he was surprised when she seemed to think it over for a few seconds before putting the copy back on the console.

Jase blinked shaking his head before laughing "well we can both stab each other in bed then!" He said laughing some more before turning to the console "but do it after we have sex please i would rather die in bed with a beautiful woman then getting shot in the head"

He shook his head getting up "come on were going to be here for a while to much traffic for us to slip away and since we cant be sure which side they are on might as well take you on a tour of the ship and get some grub"

"Samantha watch the scanner" He said watching as the AI materialized inside of the cockpit. She nodded rolling her eyes at Jase and "sliding" into the cockpit seat.

"come on" Jase said opening the doors and turnign to her "I might have some clothes that fit you if you want to get out of the armor" he said eyeing her body up and down.
 
Vera laughed as Jase spoke.

"Your preference is noted," Vera said as she watched the AI hologram take the Captain's swarm it was interesting hat he had chosen an AI with a personality. Vera had banned them from Council Operated vessels. Once they'd had a chace to settle and evolve they could develop am attitude. It was the job of an AI to provide fact and calculations, not attitude and judgement. Still, she found the interaction between Jase and Samantha interesting. She certainly had a pretty holographic presence.

"I would appreciate something to get changed into. And a shower of your water supplies allow it." Vera said, looking down at her armour. It was covered in ash and debris from their escape, and the cotton clothing beneath it would have been wet with sweat

"So," Vera asked, looking around Jase's ship with interest "What convinced a fun-loving cassanova like yourself to heel in the Rebellion?"

His ship, Vera realised, was actually his home. Every part of the ship he showed her seemed to hold some non-factory enhancement, some tough of his showing his very personal investment in the craft.
 
"hang on i got just the thing" He said ignoring her questions for now and moving over to a spare cupboard. He rooted around inside of it for a few seconds before finding a simpel t shirt and matching cargo pants. He tossed them over to her winking at her before leading her over to the crew quarters.

"As for your question" He said pointing at the showering stall which wasnt very big and had a simple frosted curtain for privacy "they pay well and I dont mind fighting for a good cause every once in a while i dont work with them much though" he said turning to give her some privacy as he leaned against the bulk head.

"I guess some ground rules would be a good idea" He said not looking at her giving her some respect "we shouldn't talk shop lets just treat this as two adventurers going after the same thing who at one point will need to betray the other" he said laughing "but until then theres no reason not to get close very close" he said saying it in a purr
 
So he was less of a rebel and more of a mercenary. Vera was pleased with that, it would give her more room to manoeuvre. His second joke about betrayal was interesting- he was well aware od the situation. She was glad of that; despite his cassanova nature he was intelligent. After showing her to the shower he chose to turn rather than leave her. She had a feeling he would grant her privacy if she requested it, but she decided not to. She would normally be left well alone for this process, but considering her intentions towards Jase, perhaps allowing him to remain in the room would be advantageous.
Instead she stripped off her armour ans put it up against the shower curtain. She then shucked her cotton undershirt and pants and jumped into the stall. When she switched on the warm water and it coursed over her body she let out a sigh of relief. As Chancellor she rarely got sweaty or sooty, and despite the adventure she had to get that was she found she didn't appreciate it.

The shower curtain, while not much good for privacy, meant she was able to see the shadow of Hase outside the stall. She kept a close eye also on the bulge of fabric at the base of the shower, where she had leaned her armour against the curtain. She wondered if he would try and go through it.

"No shop talk hey? What I am interested in is Samantha. She's got a bit of spunk. I'm not used to AIs with personality. You two been together long?"

Vera stepped under the stream for a moment and let the water drench her hair. Her hands ran over her naked body as she indulged in the warmth and familiarity of the shower.
 
"been together longer than most would think" Jase said noting the armor but making no move to touch it "she was an invention of my dads highly advanced AI been with me since i was a teenager to help keep me out of trouble"

He chuckled at that "I know what your thinking and yes she is highly highly illegal and probably a bit deranged but she would do any thign to protect me and shes got the most cutting edge cybernetics even more so than you council spooks would see"

"it helps that we are paired together as well" Jase remarked "she exists through me and I guess to a lesser extent i do through her as well" He said whistling softly

"I'm thinking we head to centerpoint station since its neutral we can get some supplies there and you can get some actual clothing i have some cash you can borrow"
 
"You don't need to worry, reporting AI infringement and smuggled goods isn't my life's calling." Vera's assurances came as she switched the shower from water to fry. The warm air tickled her skin as it evaporated the water droplets. Her hair would take longer than the rest of her to dry, but turned the air stream off before it dried fully, it would dry on its own well enough.

"CenterPoint should suit my needs too," Vera said, pulling the curtain aside and bending down to pick up the clothes Jase had provided. "Thanks for your offer, but I do have some cash with me."

Vera stepped out of the stall and onto the dry floor beyond. She pulled the pants on and then the shirt, noting that while they weren't a perfect fit they were more than servicible. Much more comfortable than her normal body conforming gear she wore as Chancellor.

"What's our ETA? There is someone there who may be able to help me decipher the translation if I'm having trouble... Speaking of which, I should probably get back to that."
 
"i would be a poor date if i didnt pay for it" Jase said laughing and winking at her and turning once he was sure she was properly dressed.

"As for ETA" Jase said winking at her before raising his voice "Samantha we good to leave?"

"Yes Captain" Samantha said her voice coming over the loud speaker "im going to go ahead and plot a course to Centerpoint we should arrive within eight hours"

"Eights hours eh" Jase said turning to her eyeing her up and down and giving another wink as he stepped int until there lips were inches apart.

"we could go get some grub or i could show you where i bunk at which you have an open invitation to" He said not kissing her but looking into her eyes.
 
Eight hours was good. That gave her plenty of time to think.
When Jase stepped in she took a deep breath, inhaling the masculine scent of him and the heat radiating off his body. He was close, very close, if she leaned just the slightest bit forward their lips would br pressed together.

Vera reached up and put her hand on Jase's chest, her palm flat against his pectoral muscle. She inched forward closing the gap between him so that their lips brushed.

"Now you mention it, I am feeling kind of hungry." Vera's sultry tone warmed the space between them before she pulled away with a grin. "Surely what you have here is better than the junk the council ships serve?" Vera asked, pushing past Jase and sashaying off towards the living quarters they walked through to get to the shower, adding a little extra bounce into her hips.

"I might grab the translation so we have something to look at during dinner. Entertainment while we eat?"

Vera made her way to the canopy, entering to see Samantha still seated at the controls. Unlike another holographic AI, she fidgeted every now and again, and actually made the physical gestures to show she was watching the controls. Vera grabbed her copy and tucked it under her arm, wondering at the extent and realistic nature of Samantha. From Jase's words, he sounded quite attached to the construct. He seemed to think of it as a guardian and friend. Vera made a mental note to treat it, her, with a level of respect. She assumed Jase would not think fondly pf her if she was rude to the AI, real or not. She shimmied back down the ladder and joined Jase once more.
 
Jase watched her go blinking and trying to clear the stars out of his head. The minute she was gone he touched his lips groaning when he did. He wasn't one to be "smitten" by any stretch of the imagination yet here he was his entire body tingling from the girls touch. He watched her sashay out of the room gulping and then shaking his head when she finally disappeared.

"im in trouble" he murmrued ot himself moving otu fo the shower room and going into the kitchen/mess. He grabbed some of his usual favorite foods fresh and actually hand cooekd at a local market and made her a plate before making his own.

"Just so you know im watching her and you" Samantha said her voice coming in through his ear lobe

"Go get a room mom" he said rolling his eyes before spying her coming down the stairs

"I bet you they dont serve fresh food on the council ships" He said handing her a plate before pulling out a chair for her. He had changed as well into a pair of flight pants and a simple fitted t shirt.

"so ready to look into it" he said sliding in and pushing around his own food.
 
Back
Top