Workable blackmail scheme

astuffedshirt_perv

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 22, 2002
Posts
1,312
While I generally like blackmail stories, the blackmail hooks are either weak (I have nudie picts of you...) or involves a criminal (I know you stole $$$...).

I have hit on a blackmail scheme that is frighteningly realistic for a perfectly innocent victim. Someone RATs into the victim's windows computer. Read

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...e-men-who-spy-on-women-through-their-webcams/

if you want to get freaked out.

Rather than taking undressed pictures of the victim (or better, in addition), the blackmailer opens the mail program and surreptitiously sends emails without the victim's knowledge. Emails come back and are automatically marked read and sent to the trash. Months later, the victim is blackmailed that she has been sexting or seducing an "underage boy" for months, and the proof is in her mail box. The fact that the "boy" is fictional is irrelevant, since the victim won't know that. If she deletes the emails, the blackmailer will point out that they are all on the "boy's" computer also.

Actions like that could easily lead one to fear prosecution, and the victim can be perfectly innocent! This is a blackmail hook that is strong.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to update my firewall.
 
Honestly this is less realistic than nudie pics. People's email accounts get hacked so often that a lot of us have secondary emails so we can email all our friends and tell them we've been hacked and not to open that email. At least the pictures are extremely hard to fake.
 
Yeah. If someone knows that they are innocent they should be smart enough to know that when the police investigate the truth will be known.
 
But there are three things working against the victim: the length of the exchanges, the depth of the blackmailer's knowledge, and the severity of the alleged crime. The exchanges have been going on for months (and you really never knew?). Depth wise, once RATing in, the blackmailer to drop an encrypted file and claim it contains further incriminating evidence (victim would claim not to know the password, but so would someone who is guilty). While the victim may eventually be cleared, the reputation damage would almost certainly be done.

You really think nudie picts are stronger? Interesting. Guess I need to re-evaluate...
 
Nude pics are much much stronger. It takes a certain amount of expertise to fake a photo (Now ultimately an innocent person whould be able to trust the system) but everybody with an email has been hacked at least once if not more than that.

More to the point pictures also have a few other advantages. You might be able to convince the victim that she did take these pictures that one time she was out with the girls and she doesn't really remember it all that well. Good luck convincing the average person though that they didn't remember months and months of messages back and forth. (It's also quite easy to believe that you didn't notice someone hacked you if they weren't spamming your entire mailing list)

A better question at the moment becomes what is so special about this girl that someone put that kind of time into blackmailing her?
 
I agree that nude pics would be stronger material than a hacked account. I think if someone is innocent they would be more likely to fight the accusation versus if you have nude pics (or incrimination pics) of them, they would be more likely to go along with the blackmail for fear of others finding out.
 
Sean, I think the key point is missed--it's not about the email account being hacked. If someone were to RAT into a computer, they're not hacking the email, they're as in control of the computer as they can be without physically being present.

In this case when the emails are sent, not only is it not hacked, but traces by ISP/email host will actually show that it came from the victims computer. So let's say the victim sends a normal email to a friend at 3:20, the RATter could send one at 4:00, and the victim could come back at 5 and send another email to someone else. All 3 emails will show the same point of origin--and even the cache files on the victims computer will show that the email client was opened and used at 4:00. This isn't hacking an email, this is hacking the whole computer. Most of the people who do this also have scripts that can remove the traces they've done anything later, so if the victim freaks out--it'd probably take a specialized computer forensics team to find--and let's face it, in our country authorities would be less likely to use expensive teams to search for something like that without reasonable suspicion there's something there.

The pictures taken and sent via the emails would come from the victims camera in the victims house, so it'd be hard to say, "Someone hacked my email" when the photos taken are time stamped or with images that could help timestamp them.

Also, considering that this crime is on the rise (there was recently a story on CNN abouit it (where I first heard of it)), all that most people need to start getting into blackmail for these victims is a means to get away with it, and that they find the victim attractive enough to do blackmail.
 
Last edited:
Sean, I think the key point is missed--....

Blackmail is a credible plot with nude pics, theft, or a hacked computer or whatever based on the apparent supporting evidence. That's what makes the threat believable in the victim's mind.

As to whether a victim would fight the accusation or not, in many cases if they start to fight it they've already lost. Consider certain job positions, (picking one out of the blue) a school system superintendant.

Yes some have integrity and would fight it even to great personal loss, but then you don't have a sexy story.

A truly evil person forcing others to their knees through blackmail can be a great plot, ideally you want the good person to win in the end.
 
I think one thing that makes so many blackmail stories improbable is that what they're being blackmailed into is so much worse than what they're being blackmailed over. "I saw you steal an orange. Now fuck your daughter or I'll tell everyone!" "Well, okay..."
 
"what they're being blackmailed into is so much worse than what they're being blackmailed over."

My thoughts exactly. Although, I'm learning that nudie picts are apparently pretty bad. I certainly understand the nudie picts threat for a high schooler, but not so much for an adult.
 
There's a story that once the Soviets took pictures of a high-ranking diplomat engaged in sex acts for blackmail. But when they showed him the pictures he was like, "Oh nice, can I get copies?"

Being shameless is a virtue.
 
I think one thing that makes so many blackmail stories improbable is that what they're being blackmailed into is so much worse than what they're being blackmailed over. "I saw you steal an orange. Now fuck your daughter or I'll tell everyone!" "Well, okay..."
Historically, enticing or drugging and then having the target in gay sex was routinely used for blackmail.

But the goal of the blackmail would be secrets, money etc, seldom sexual favors.
 
Had an idea for a blackmail story i don't really have the time to write( nor the interest at the moment)

high school teacher has a girl in his senior grade class that is constantly being flirty with him. The little tease lets it slip in his hearing one time that she's doing it as a joke. She likes that she's getting him hot when he can't do anything about it.

final days of school he tells them to leave their books on top of their desks. When he gathers them up a piece of paper falls out hers. Its a little cheat sheet with the answers to the last big test. If she hadn't passed that test she would have failed his class and not had the credits to walk.

He start to turn her in then stops. He realizes that she will lose her college scholarship when it comes out she cheated to pass.

well, well, well.

lose college or get fucked by the teacher you've been cock teasing?

I think she might just give in.
 
It depends on the job you want or are close to. Good luck with your career as a lawyer or politician or any highly visible professional (celebrities don't count) if you have nude pics you can't explain away. The emails are explained away as easily as one of my coworkers must have hopped on when I wasn't paying attention.

I agree that often times what they are being blackmailed into doing is debatably worse but this is where EVIDENCE comes into play. Cheating on your wife is a lot less troublesome than nude pics, if someone can PROVE it. Otherwise one is a non-crime and one is a major smudge.
 
Back
Top