Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone recently said I look like a librarian. (until I had my glasses off and was, well, you know. )

So, why was I rejected from two under-paid library positions last week? :(

I once received a letter from a library telling me to stop applying for jobs that I was overqualified for because they wouldn't hire me for them. I just wanted a full-time job. :rolleyes:

I once received a letter from a library telling me to stop applying for jobs that I was overqualified for because they wouldn't hire me for them. I just wanted a full-time job. :rolleyes:

It seems strange that "management" fears an "over-qualified" person who simply wants a job. Is it that they fear being shown up by the newbie or otherwise shamed into demonstrating their own inadequacies ? Or maybe they reckon that the pay scale isn't brilliant for such a qualified person.

Been there, done that.
Good Luck, MP.
:rose:

It seems strange that "management" fears an "over-qualified" person who simply wants a job. Is it that they fear being shown up by the newbie or otherwise shamed into demonstrating their own inadequacies ? Or maybe they reckon that the pay scale isn't brilliant for such a qualified person.

Been there, done that.
Good Luck, MP.
:rose:
When I was in management, I learned to be leery of hiring over-qualified people. Such people are likely to jump ship as soon as they find a position they are more qualified for. It's actually better to hire an under-qualified person, and help them to grow into the job.

When I was in management, I learned to be leery of hiring over-qualified people. Such people are likely to jump ship as soon as they find a position they are more qualified for. It's actually better to hire an under-qualified person, and help them to grow into the job.

As well as being cheaper ?

My father woke me up to give him a ride to work this holiday morning. He couldn't walk 1/4 mile because it is barely raining and his muffler isn't fully attached. I would have driven that fucking Saturn until the muffler did fall off...

Got one in school today! The other one, tomorrow.

At last, I'll get the iPad all to myself...

Do you know what is NOT a good feeling? When you are at your 4th doctor's visit and 3rd doctor, and you know she is taking a best guess. And when you ask her, "What about the fever? What could be causing that?" And she looks you dead in the eye and say, "I don't know."

Awesome. If what's been causing me to feel this ill for a month really turns out to be acid reflux, I am going to ... post a picture here of myself nude and leave it up for ... 30 minutes! :rolleyes:

I don't like how this last scene transitions into the next one.

I don't like how many characters I have to introduce, let alone keep track of (close to 90).

I might be trying to squeeze too much action into a 12 hour period of time... (the whole story takes place over 24 hours, but the first night is mostly wasted)

I could easily change any of these variables at any time, seeing as how I am only two sex scenes in (two sex scenes plus some oral and fooling around, ok, maybe it's five sex scenes in ;) ), and have only introduced around 30 characters so far.

Do you know what is NOT a good feeling? When you are at your 4th doctor's visit and 3rd doctor, and you know she is taking a best guess. And when you ask her, "What about the fever? What could be causing that?" And she looks you dead in the eye and say, "I don't know."

Awesome. If what's been causing me to feel this ill for a month really turns out to be acid reflux, I am going to ... post a picture here of myself nude and leave it up for ... 30 minutes! :rolleyes:

well do it at a time convenient for all of us, please.
Acid Reflux ? Try Gaviscon.

I have enjoyed a kid-free morning, with both PennKids now in school. Wow. But it will be time to pick up PennGirl soon.

Shea -- I hope you feel better soon. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back