What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbor woman got bitten by a teeny-tiny lil snakie, not quite the diameter of a standard pencil and a little longer. Her son told another neighbor he thought it was poisonous; she was all shaky and throwing up. Second neighbor brought the wee little thing up to me to identify. Black with yellowish-white stripes that were fairly solid immediately behind the oval-shaped head, then broken up the rest of its body. Underside of the body yellowish-white, matching the stripes.

Google, google, google...

Garter/king snake. Completely not poisonous, can even be "tamed/trained" to some small degree. The size of the thing, it's probably only been out of the egg less than a week. I told neighbor #2 to tell boy to put it in his shirt pocket and carry it around as a pet. :rolleyes: (The kid's a pita anyway.)

If they didn't kill it, send it to me when it gets a bit bigger. We could use one at our barn. I think the one that was down there for a long time either died or moved on, and we're suddenly overrun with fucking copperheads. We've already had a barn cat and possibly a horse get bitten by one of the damned things this year. (Both are fine now, but it'd still be better if it didn't happen again!)

he should be barred ... for his immature, rude and idiotic behavior.
For which instance? It's not the first time.
said he knew he was wrong the moment he handed the microphone back to Swift, when he was bathed in boos.
Most of us would have known we'd fucked up the second we interrupted the acceptance speech, and it took boos before the light went on in this jackass' head :rolleyes:

"But I need to, after this, take some time off and just analyze how I’m going to make it through the rest of this life, how I’m going to improve.”​
Here's a good place to start:

STFU.jpg

The courtesy car the garage gave me for a few days while they work on my car. Same make, same model, but brand-spanking new (i.e. 6.5 years younger than mine) and top-of-the-range (unlike mine).

Good, sly marketing, but I'm enjoying it.

Planting sunflower seeds (saved from last year's giants). Being warm enough to dig in the garden with bare muddy feet.

My dog, being herself.

A pointless, whimsical, multi-lingual exchange with one of my editors (she won in the end, with "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch").

The taste of smoked bacon.

My dog, being herself.

A pointless, whimsical, multi-lingual exchange with one of my editors (she won in the end, with "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch").

The taste of smoked bacon.

*Puts up umbrella to deflect Welsh spittle* :D

My cat woke me up this morning right next to my bed, his face probably about one inch from mine, meowing as loudly and quickly as he could (you know, the short little "meow-meow-meow?"). Normally, that would make me a little angry, but he sensed I was already half awake and the look on his face was so cute. Apparently that set of meows means "roll over and make room on the bed for me, because I want to cuddle!" :cattail:

This made me laugh.

It was pretty entertaining. :D

My cat woke me up this morning right next to my bed, his face probably about one inch from mine, meowing as loudly and quickly as he could (you know, the short little "meow-meow-meow?"). Normally, that would make me a little angry, but he sensed I was already half awake and the look on his face was so cute. Apparently that set of meows means "roll over and make room on the bed for me, because I want to cuddle!" :cattail:

That's soooooo sweet. Mine always wants to cuddle when I'm on the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back