sex advice howlers

silverwhisper

just this guy, you know?
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Posts
11,319
there's a metric ass-load of lame sex advice out there, to be sure. 50 shades rip offs, what have you. but there's also some especially bad stuff: dangerous crap that can actually cause harm to folks.

i thought it might be helpful to identify the nonsense. so here's one to start.

there's a bunch of numbing substances for sale that are advertised as facilitating anal sex. these are fucking dangerous shit that should be banned. how many fucking hospital visits have these things spawned, do you suppose?

numbing products + anal sex = bad.

what rotten or outright dangerous advice or products have you encountered?

ed
 
I always cringe when the thread begins with..

I'm in a loving relationship. How do I talk my SO into doing something that we've already discussed a hundred times and is constantly declined. I'm sure if I could just get him/her to try it, it would be fantastic. I'm afraid I will have to leave my beloved SO if I can't get him/her to try ______________ .

and then... we have people who try to HELP the op to TRICK the beloved into the adventure.
 
Any "Mars and Venus" type advice that puts gender stereotypes ahead of treating your partner as a unique individual and finding out how they work.
 
anything that mentions going from ass to pussy. It even makes me cringe and turns me off in a fictional story, never mind anyone saying it's safe to do in real life.
 
numbing products + anal sex = bad.



ed


I thought this only happened accidentally, when the Anusol and the Anbesol got mixed up in the medicine cabinet.



I think some of the acts depicted in porn to be problematic. Not for their outrageousness or content, but for the way that viewers - young males mostly - take what they have seen and think this is what sex is all about in real life.

From ATM or ATP mentioned above, to the general treatment of women by their fellow male fap-artists as objects, and not living, sexual, beings worthy of seduction, arousal, or consideration.
 
Well there was a thread around the HT a while back about how to keep one's vagina clean. Pretty much everything contained within was fucking awful advice.

I remember that thread. The OP became quite upset when challenged about some of her suggestions. I think she talked about essentially sticking bars of Ivory soap inside herself, and that her partner thought her whoo-whoo tasted / smelled like hiking-boot feet soaked in old vegetable broth. Or something like that. She got quite hostile, if I remember correctly.
 
Well there was a thread around the HT a while back about how to keep one's vagina clean. Pretty much everything contained within was fucking awful advice.

I'm pretty sure I said to pressure wash it. That was good advice. Spot on.
 
Anything suggesting virginal women are somehow magical beasts that men should covet and savor. Virginity is not a prize! Anything explaining the vagina inaccurately as having some kind of "barrier" inside being proof of virginity. Or tightness... Seriously, tightness comes from a number of things and is not an indicator or having not had sex.
 
Using petroleum jelly as lube. It's very, very bad for a vagina. The stuff doesn't break down in there, it coats the tissues and creates a breeding ground for infection. Not to mention it breaks down latex so it's definitely unsafe for condom use.

Nonoxyl 9 (I believe) is still being used in some countries as a spermicide in condoms. The stuff causes irritations that can open up the tissues and leave you MORE at risk of infection and STI's than not using spermicide. Why it's still being used is beyond me.
 
I thought this only happened accidentally, when the Anusol and the Anbesol got mixed up in the medicine cabinet.



I think some of the acts depicted in porn to be problematic. Not for their outrageousness or content, but for the way that viewers - young males mostly - take what they have seen and think this is what sex is all about in real life.

From ATM or ATP mentioned above, to the general treatment of women by their fellow male fap-artists as objects, and not living, sexual, beings worthy of seduction, arousal, or consideration.

Though TBH, what non-porn movies teach about how relationships work can be every bit as bad as what porn teaches about sex. Starting with "stalk her hard enough and she'll love you!"
 
Bondage, choking or breathplay, electroplay, waxplay with the wrong candles... well, there are a bevy of topics in the BDSM category that people give terrible advice about.

When I first started collecting toys, I bought a blue hard plastic vibe that had a light in the tip. "Northern Lights" or some such name. :rolleyes: Hey, it was cheap and we had very little disposable income at the time! Anyway, after a couple of minutes, that lighted tip heated up enough to border on causing first degree burns.

Speaking of toys, that's a category with a lot of should-be-banned products and advice. Porous toys should come with advice on using them safely/hygienically, since they can't be cleaned sufficiently. A lot of people advocate using toys that are intended for vaginal use anally, which could lead the recipients of said advice down some very bad roads.

Nice to see you back, Ed; we really adore you and miss you when you take a break! :rose::kiss:
 
Though TBH, what non-porn movies teach about how relationships work can be every bit as bad as what porn teaches about sex. Starting with "stalk her hard enough and she'll love you!"

Oh yeah. And the "even it's uncomfortable/painful or she dislikes it...just keep fucking her even harder and she'll start loving it or it'll start feeling good." uhh. no.
 
Well there was a thread around the HT a while back about how to keep one's vagina clean. Pretty much everything contained within was fucking awful advice.

come on now.. it wasn't any worse than my other favorite:

Top 10 uses for you $1 bottle of shampoo.

(the first 7 uses didn't even require you to remove the cap!)
 
That was painful to read. I don't think that person quite understands how most vagina's operate enough to give advice.
 
what non-porn movies teach about how relationships work can be every bit as bad as what porn teaches about sex

Quoted for truth! It isn't just non-porn movies, it is MOST forms of TV and movie today that perpetuate bad stereotypes and roll models, like the Krapdipshittians are even remotely connected to reality! :eek::rolleyes:

Not saying that every show needs to be an episode of Leave It To Beaver or The Cosby Show, but there are absolutely no good roll models in today's media. Sanity and quality of content doesn't sell air time, apparently.:rolleyes:
 
Anything that advocates game-playing and a myriad of tricks to overcome 'problems' in a relationship.

Communicate, people!
 
the delightful GLG quoth:
i always cringe when the thread begins with..

i'm in a loving relationship. how do i talk my SO into doing something that we've already discussed a hundred times and is constantly declined. i'm sure if i could just get him/her to try it, it would be fantastic. i'm afraid i will have to leave my beloved SO if i can't get him/her to try _____________.
you know you've spent too much time on lit when...yeah, those always make me roll my eyes.

the delightful GLG quoth:
and then... we have people who try to help the op to trick the beloved into the adventure.
yeah, those are prime candidates for iggy.

ladyver quoth:
i still think the g spot is a myth.
there've been a few threads discussing g spots, some of which are even listed in the blank manual thread stickied at the top of the forum. i'm guessing these haven't been helpful for you?

ed
 
Not mentioned is keeping things clean!

Always wash hands and brush teeth and gargle before eating and I'm not talking about food!:eek:

Hot sauce, Cayenne pepper and such doesn't wipe of or even rinse off with only water.

Judging by the screaming and cursing over the running water I'm going to say it hurts a lot!:eek:
 
Hot sauce, Cayenne pepper and such doesn't wipe of or even rinse off with only water.

Judging by the screaming and cursing over the running water I'm going to say it hurts a lot!:eek:

hey, any pussy worth eating only gets better with hot sauce! ;):D

*totally kidding*
 
anything that mentions going from ass to pussy. It even makes me cringe and turns me off in a fictional story, never mind anyone saying it's safe to do in real life.

It isn't a good idea and accounts for most of the urinary tract infections people get.
 
Back
Top