The Bad Apple ~ A traditional British pub... with a few kinks.

I don't think my presence constitutes a party.... but if you say so...

She pulls up a seat to warm up by the fire, letting out a soft purr of contentment as she curls up on the chair.

Yes, it will be good. When all else fails, fall back on what works. I like this place though, its good to be Me playing Me and you playing you as opposed to being ships that pass in the night.

It's good to see you acting like yourself again. I hope this means the New Year brought you out from under impending Armageddon.

Well Armageddon hasn't got me yet but there's more snow forecast which is not good for me at all. I'm a bit more balanced about things now I think. All I can do is do what I can and if it all falls on its arse, so be it. There's really no point beating myself up over what just isn't possible.

But it is good to interact with you without hiding behind a character. Until things calm down I have no clue when I'll next catch you on yahoo. :(

Welcome VT, glad to see you making yourself at home x

I smile at Litshark's words but I am content to merely sit and listen to the ebb and flow of conversation as I contentedly sip my drink.

any sloe gin in this gaff? :)

If my gran wasn't more than a bit senile, it would have been made by her own fair hands. I think sloe gin was probably the first alcohol I ever tried.

pours a generous measure

I'm actually not doing much this evening so I'll be online but if I leave my laptop idle for more than about 10mins, Lit rather irritatingly signs me out and so my online status fluctuates. I'm hoping to get some posts up tonight too as I got nothing creative done over the weekend.

If my gran wasn't more than a bit senile, it would have been made by her own fair hands. I think sloe gin was probably the first alcohol I ever tried.

pours a generous measure

I'm actually not doing much this evening so I'll be online but if I leave my laptop idle for more than about 10mins, Lit rather irritatingly signs me out and so my online status fluctuates. I'm hoping to get some posts up tonight too as I got nothing creative done over the weekend.

only discovered it recently - in my 45th year. spirits tend to turn me into an axe weilding maniac, so ...

but the old sloe gin just makes me dopey - or should i say more dopey?

i only picked this up now, but, since i've been out sweeping snow, i reckon i've earned a snifter. ;)

morning all, btw. :)

cheers.

Hm, how does that song go? I need a lover with a sloe....gin...

Too toxic for me though. Pfffff. Another Stella if you will.

I finish my drink smiling and slip back out into the night........

I finish my drink smiling and slip back out into the night........

here, it's chilly out there:

Knitted_scarf_and_hat_sets.jpg

Slips in aimlessly and drops something on the bar. Turns without a word and wanders back into the night.

reads through the new material and then puts it down, flushed and smiling conspiratorially. I lean on the bar and ponder the new thread.

I saw from that thread you're doing with Lily that you're veering towards more and more unpalatable protagonists... or maybe you just want to finally make me beg you to tone it down?

Lucky for you I'm a stubborn little bitch who hates to safeword. ;)

reads through the new material and then puts it down, flushed and smiling conspiratorially. I lean on the bar and ponder the new thread.

I saw from that thread you're doing with Lily that you're veering towards more and more unpalatable protagonists... or maybe you just want to finally make me beg you to tone it down?

Lucky for you I'm a stubborn little bitch who hates to safeword. ;)

Actually, I was partially inspired by this song as well as my own questionable encounter with a homeless crackhead in S.F.

By the sixth time I heard that damn song on the radio in the same day, I thought about the nature of "Hitting the city", when more and more people are dying slow miserable deaths on the street. I pondered how it would go down if Keisha happened to find herself confronted by one of those strung out, agressive panhandlers. I used that she might find that the city hits back (hence the title).

Rodney is only the introductory character. When he trades her for drugs, she'll land with a much more "palatable" protagonist. Promise! I'm pondering naming him 'Finesse'.

And the other one was Lily's idea! :D

Goes back to sipping his ale.

Actually, I was partially inspired by this song as well as my own questionable encounter with a homeless crackhead in S.F.

By the sixth time I heard that damn song on the radio in the same day, I thought about the nature of "Hitting the city", when more and more people are dying slow miserable deaths on the street. I pondered how it would go down if Keisha happened to find herself confronted by one of those strung out, agressive panhandlers. I used that she might find that the city hits back (hence the title).

Rodney is only the introductory character. When he trades her for drugs, she'll land with a much more "palatable" protagonist. Promise! I'm pondering naming him 'Finesse'.

And the other one was Lily's idea! :D

Goes back to sipping his ale.

Fair enough.

Part of me is interested in how much of a kick I can get from abject degradation and humiliation. Even when 99% of me is squicked out, there's always the 1% that's compelled and can't look away. This will be interesting.

pours another gin

Aren't we the charmer?

nods and smiles at Sally Welcome.

Best of British geronimo.

*snerk* :D charmer? me? def. not one of them. ask around the UK threads; i'm known as a bit of a nobber.

may i have a rioja please? got a bit of a taste for the old vino lately. :)

*snerk* :D charmer? me? def. not one of them. ask around the UK threads; i'm known as a bit of a nobber.

may i have a rioja please? got a bit of a taste for the old vino lately. :)

Sloe gin with a rioja chaser? Well it's original, I'll definitely give you that.

pours a large glass of rioja and as an afterthought, fills another for myself

It's practically mid afternoon, right? Time the poor snowed in landlady devoted some time to quality control methinks. :D

hangs a large pot of spiced wine to mull over the fire, hoping the aroma will attract some fresh custom from the snowy streets

We got a special on mulled wine today... mainly because the beer delivery hasn't showed up and I'm in danger of sitting here with a row of dry taps.

sigh

Three cheers for the commission whore at Majestic who really wanted to make a sale.

raises wine glass

Last edited:
dumps some hot, home made crisps on the bar, sprinkled with salt, black pepper and malt vinegar

12319864891952_potatochips.JPG

Who's hungry? Cold weather makes me snack.

Stomps in shaking the snow out of his mane of hair.

"Poxy snow all over the bloody place. Can you get me a rum? Actually, make it a large, and none of that bacardi crap ... mmm, nice crisps"

Stomps in shaking the snow out of his mane of hair.

"Poxy snow all over the bloody place. Can you get me a rum? Actually, make it a large, and none of that bacardi crap ... mmm, nice crisps"

pours BFHUG a large measure of dark navy rum

Afternoon hon, glad you found the place ok. Whereabouts in the UK do you hail from?

Back