"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tzara said:
Thirty-one is the third Mersenne prime.
Not a crime, of course, it's just of interest
to number people. Did you know that in
Trenton, Tennessee, 31 is the proper speed?

Probably not. Or that thirty-one
is how many letters can be pronounced
in Russian? Or that it's the smallest prime
with an odd period length?

Of course not. Who would? The
Buddha, God rest his soul, preached
on the thirty-one levels of existence. The
Book of Proverbs is thirty-one chapters.

There are thirty-one ways, at least,
in which I can make you crazy. Thirty-one
ways, my dear. So why do you provoke me?
Lay thirty this one to rest.

Start over. Two dash and forever.
Somebody shake him. Hard.
 
TheRainMan said:
He can use my dribble cup in a little while . . .

. . . I'm not quite done with it yet.
This thread is like Absinthe-- it tastes so good until the brain damage sets in.
 
flyguy69 said:
This thread is like Absinthe-- it tastes so good until the brain damage sets in.

I'm with you on that.

But really, for me anyway (and it seems for many others), this thread has been startlingly productive. And not only in terms of writing, but also reading, as Salena pointed out above.

Of course, I find myself with nearly 50 poems to edit (!!) -- but that must be a good thing, no?

I don't know about anyone else, but after I breathe for a little while, and the drool stops, I am going to try it again -- If no one else has in a few days, I'm going to start a "Neo Redux" thread -- It was too fruitful to stop after only one.

And with threads like this, and the Poetry Discussion Circle ( and the passion and thin-skinned and construction and ten and not-sure-how-many-words), why, this may actually be turning into the real-life, quality poetry forum I have been pining and whining for for a year or more.

:rose: Bravo again, to Neo.
 
good idea RainPuppy (do you mind if I call you RainPuppy, or do you prefer RainDog?)

T. Rain Dogg

could you call is something other than Neo Redux?
that word always reminds me of Reflux and I made a promise to myself years ago to never click on a link that includes the word Reflux. Even if it has Neo in it.

oh my god the most beautiful girl in the world just walked by with a Black Lab. I think it is time to take the puppy for a walk.....
 
annaswirls said:
good idea RainPuppy (do you mind if I call you RainPuppy, or do you prefer RainDog?)

T. Rain Dogg

could you call is something other than Neo Redux?
that word always reminds me of Reflux and I made a promise to myself years ago to never click on a link that includes the word Reflux. Even if it has Neo in it.

oh my god the most beautiful girl in the world just walked by with a Black Lab. I think it is time to take the puppy for a walk.....
I thought it was something they did to the city parks after an avian flu epidemic.
 
flyguy69 said:
Somebody shake him. Hard.
W-w-w-what d-d-d-did I-I-I-I d-d-d-do????

[flipV]I think I'll just roll over and go back to sleep.[/flipV]
 
Tzara said:
W-w-w-what d-d-d-did I-I-I-I d-d-d-do????

[flipV]I think I'll just roll over and go back to sleep.[/flipV]
You've become the WWII Japanese soldier in the jungles of Micronesia.

It's over, Tzara! The treaty has been signed! Lower your weapon!
 
flyguy69 said:
You've become the WWII Japanese soldier in the jungles of Micronesia.

It's over, Tzara! The treaty has been signed! Lower your weapon!
Did we win?

It's WSO's fault. She started it.
 
neonurotic said:
This is a challenge.

Yes, a challenge to write 30 poems in 30 days to encourage you to get off your lazy poetic asses, out of your winter blahs and back to writing some poetry. Just so you all know, I totally ripped this idea off a community in Live Journal that I'm a part of, but since I like the people over here better I'd rather try it over here instead of there.

So these are the rules:

• The challenge is to write 30 poems in the course of 30 days.

• All poems written in the challenge must be posted here in this thread, but you can submit them too. You also can take poems you wrote on the other challenge threads for the 30 Poems In 30 Days challenge.

• If you take the challenge, start the title (subject line) of each entry with "(x-y)" where x is which is the attempt at the challenge it is part of (including those that were unsuccessful) and y is the number of poem in that attempt. You may also add a title to your poem as long as you have the attempt and poem number too.

• You may stop and restart the challenge at any time. For example, if you forget on the 17th day to write a poem you can restart at "1" on day 18, which would make it a second attempt of the challenge.

• The most important rule is to have fun!​

GOOD LUCK!






- First to complete the 30 Poems in 30 Days challenge
GREAT JOB!


Simply catching up and bumping. :)
 
Sabina_Tolchovsky said:
it seemed right to do this in Haiku...I should have thought of that yesterday. :rolleyes:
That is an incredible shot! I look at that and wonder "where in the world was the photographer standing?"
 
Welcome, 4dCurt! Thanks for doing a great job on the reviews.
4degrees said:
morning, poet-type people. today i'll bust outta my anti-social agorophobic shell and attempt to do some reviews. fortunatly i have not posted one today, or you'd have to put up with me plugging my own stuff. shameless, i know.

there are 17 today, and i liked several.

Sibilance by SelenaKittyn got to me with all the sss going on...i love that type of letter repetition in the right context. her poem made me want to pet my sssnake.

three submissions today from RedHairedandFriendly, the last of which really appealed to me. in Whispered Wind Blows to Me i can really see her growing as a poet and broadening her wordish horizons. its a lovely write.

mizz MistressJett has 2 today, In Dreams provokes me to go pull on some chaps, commando-style, and the prosey Superhero the 2nd makes me want to take them off. both good, sexy writes.

ode to a twenty car pileup from lobomao has some strong visuals and made me sit back and think, in a good way. i liked it much. and dcpoet made me think as well with his Spine-Tingling statement of how our poetry morphs, from one week, one season to the next. least that's how i took it. regardless, its a great write, too.

so, there are my uneducated and arrogant opinions. go read and enjoy this phenomenom we call poetry!

werd to yor mutha.
 
Happy Pie Day. ;)
Lauren Hynde said:
Hello, Poets-

I thought it would be nice (well, it wouldn't hurt) to add my own recommendations to those made by 4degrees. Purposefully, I haven't read his post and have no idea of which poems he thought were the best. You can cross-check the references and then go read all the poems for yourselves and tell us that we're both idiots for forgetting your favourite. ;)

It had been a while since I last had the opportunity to read all the offerings on the new poetry list, and so I was extremely (and pleasantly) surprised to find so many poems worthy of reference and more. I wish I had the time to leave detailed comments on all of them.

These are only some of those that caught my attention. Do yourselves a favour and at least scan the rest. You won't regret it.

Sibilance is a graphically erotic little poem that redeems itself with a consistent and consistently fresh use of alliteration.

A similar technique, albeit with a much more sophisticated usage, can be found in an early frost. The result is admirable. A must read (aloud). The same poet also brings us ode to a twenty car pile up.

Imprinted and Halo are two poems by another poet I wasn't familiar with, but the fresh approach and the careful language that are evident in these will keep me coming back for more.

Finally, The language - unvoiced caught my attention in a special manner; it felt from the start as something I could have (should have? wish I had?) written, in form and style if not always in content, and coming from a poet that hadn't posted anything to Literotica prior to today, I hope you all have the opportunity to read it.
 
Thank you 4degrees ~ Curt ~ for your mention of my poem in the thread this morning. I appreciate your words and comments, I'm glad to have sparked a notice. . :)
 
flyguy69 said:
That is an incredible shot! I look at that and wonder "where in the world was the photographer standing?"

Mt. Baker is famous for it's rolling steep terrain and amazing photographers with great lenses. This particular shot is off of Hemispheres, ...it's a sweat filled lung exploding hike but worth your very life on a good powder day.
 
Sabina - WOW!

I think this last post of yours may be my all time favorite.

The words speak with such clarity and force and, juxtaposed with the picture, create an impact that I found to be profound. Objectification happens in an instant, but true knowing takes time. We all want to be known...

Anyway, thank you.

BTW, I looked at the pix you posted on Deviant and was blown away. I especially love 'Pensive.'

xoxo

srw
 
I really like this one RM. :rose:




TheRainMan said:
going around once more, or trying to . . .


Homecoming

Isn’t it what we are, this longing in dark places
when we hurt and don’t know why.
Isn’t it us, our autophobia, this bending

to a more luxurious solitude as we move within,
as we close our eyes to see, to reach
the company of some new, imperfect stranger.

Isn’t it what we do, rely on unknowns, imagine
a delicacy of angels so our tender spots
seem small. Isn’t it our way to invent something

more fragile than ourselves, to dream them
this close. Isn’t it the child in us
who has not learned to be alone, who needs

one more story in bed, not a doused lamplight,
not footsteps moving away, fainter and fainter
to leave him newly widowed in the night. Isn’t it

the dry mouth of our condition, wanting drops
of water, anything but desert, anything
but desolation, a wasteland vast and silent.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top