Feeling faint during spankings

inside_out

Experienced
I love spankings, but I tend to get very faint/pre-syncopal during them and once actually passed out for a couple seconds after sitting down. It's not that the pain is too much because I always want to continue and know I could take more. This has happened even when I'm appropriately fed and hydrated beforehand. If it's relevant, my arms are over my head during.

Any ideas on what the deal is and how I could prevent this? It's embarrassing and I hate having to sit down. I'm concerned Doms won't want to play with me because of it.

I love spankings, but I tend to get very faint/pre-syncopal during them and once actually passed out for a couple seconds after sitting down. It's not that the pain is too much because I always want to continue and know I could take more. This has happened even when I'm appropriately fed and hydrated beforehand. If it's relevant, my arms are over my head during.

Any ideas on what the deal is and how I could prevent this? It's embarrassing and I hate having to sit down. I'm concerned Doms won't want to play with me because of it.

If your head is lower than your body for any length of time (i.e. OTK) then it is perfectly natural to get a rush when you stand up again. Nothing to do with ability to endure pain. This could be prevented by having your torso and head flat on a sofa / bed and your legs draped over their knees. Alternatively, ensure you get up regularly and re-level.

If you're standing with your arms over your head then it could be that as you drop your arms the blood rushes to areas that gravity made it difficult to reach, causing a drop in pressure to other areas, such as brain.

Hope that helps.

It could also be a circulation issue. If you've got poor circulation even if it's in your legs or something and not somewhere where you'd think it would matter, it can cause this.

If you're using restraints, and you're dumb like me and like them too tight to be safe, make sure you and your dom talk about how subspace makes you stupid. That way they'll know they can't rely on your to report problems and will know to check the circulation themselves in case the restraints are too tight, so if that's what's causing it it's a pretty easy fix.

I passed out a couple times from the restraints being too tight, which I know should be on me. I should have said something, but I swear to god I can't think during sessions.

But you can also just have poor circulation as like, a body thing. And if you do and then you put your head down it can make you feel faint or pass out.

I am not standing abruptly because I am standing throughout. I think it might be related to either arms above my head or (more likely) locking my knees, or not breathing as much. I need to pay attention next time to those things and see if it helps.

breathing

not breathing normally, either too shallow/holding your breath or breathing to fast (hyperventilating) will give you a light headed/dizzy feeling.

If you're standing, you may be locking your knees. Make sure you're not doing this. As a dancer, I was trained not to do this. This can cause you to faint. Often, a dancer has to wait in the wings, standing up for long periods of time. We were taught to gently bend one knee slightly for a time, then the other. Keep going back and forth like that.

Sometimes people lock their knees when nervous. Ever seen a bride or groom faint at the altar? It's because they're trying to stand perfectly still so they lock their knees and *boom* down they go.

It could have to do with how you are restrained. You may need a little more slack in how you are restrained. You may be stuck in a position to where you simply have to lock your knees. If you are stuck to where you are on your toes, you may have to lift one foot up a little and keep switching feet. That could be difficult but do what you have to do so you don't have both knees locked at once.

Last edited:
not breathing normally, either too shallow/holding your breath or breathing to fast (hyperventilating) will give you a light headed/dizzy feeling.

Agreed. Through some extended solo play, especially when edging and seeking out p spot orgasms I've noticed similar for myself.

As I'm not in unduly stressful positions, nor am I physically out of breath the conclusion was breathing.

I'd been holding my breath, or shallow breathing as I hit p spot climax over and over again.

After 2 hours edging and 45 minutes playing... I'd pretty much collapse on the floor/bed/sofa and need 15-20 minutes to recover. Breathing normalising, cool down etc.

If you're standing, you may be locking your knees. Make sure you're not doing this. As a dancer, I was trained not to do this. This can cause you to faint. Often, a dancer has to wait in the wings, standing up for long periods of time. We were taught to gently bend one knee slightly for a time, then the other. Keep going back and forth like that.

Sometimes people lock their knees when nervous. Ever seen a bride or groom faint at the altar? It's because they're trying to stand perfectly still so they lock their knees and *boom* down they go.

It could have to do with how you are restrained. You may need a little more slack in how you are restrained. You may be stuck in a position to where you simply have to lock your knees. If you are stuck to where you are on your toes, you may have to lift one foot up a little and keep switching feet. That could be difficult but do what you have to do so you don't have both knees locked at once.

You think this really happens as much as dance teachers say it does? I was always skeptical that this was as big of a deal as it was made out to be. Like I've never actually seen anyone pass out from it. I'm sure it happens, but my little-kid rebellion is kicking in. :D

I'm not saying that it's not a thing I just wonder if it's as BIG of a thing as it's made out to be. Because of that, having to have specific classes that teach you how to stand and circulation poses and all that shit. Like even me, the guy with low blood pressure, was over there like, "Bitch I know how to stand do not come over here and touch me, I swear to god."

She hit HARD too, like she was trying to knock your kneecap out.

You know how you can tell that someone took dance classes/danced in their youth. No one knows how to sit in a goddamn chair. I didn't even notice it but I'm sitting here, in a computer chair with my legs doing that thing where they're criss-crossed with my feet on top like why am I doing that? Why are my feet not on the floor like an adult? I've not sat in a studio in like six years this should not be a thing.

Yeah, she's right, though, don't lock your knees. Apparently one time a whole choir passed out on one of my teachers because that totally sounds like a realistic thing that would happen. That is good advice, I'm not knocking it I'm just being catty because I so rarely meet people who know what I'm talking about when I bitch about dance class. I wonder if being screamed at that "I'LL TELL YOU WHEN TO BREATH" and other shit like that has anything to do with developing sub tendencies...

Probably not.

Do you absolutely have to be standing during your spanking? Can you try it laying dawn on a bed?

You think this really happens as much as dance teachers say it does? I was always skeptical that this was as big of a deal as it was made out to be. Like I've never actually seen anyone pass out from it. I'm sure it happens, but my little-kid rebellion is kicking in. :D

I'm not saying that it's not a thing I just wonder if it's as BIG of a thing as it's made out to be. Because of that, having to have specific classes that teach you how to stand and circulation poses and all that shit. Like even me, the guy with low blood pressure, was over there like, "Bitch I know how to stand do not come over here and touch me, I swear to god."

She hit HARD too, like she was trying to knock your kneecap out.

You know how you can tell that someone took dance classes/danced in their youth. No one knows how to sit in a goddamn chair. I didn't even notice it but I'm sitting here, in a computer chair with my legs doing that thing where they're criss-crossed with my feet on top like why am I doing that? Why are my feet not on the floor like an adult? I've not sat in a studio in like six years this should not be a thing.

Yeah, she's right, though, don't lock your knees. Apparently one time a whole choir passed out on one of my teachers because that totally sounds like a realistic thing that would happen. That is good advice, I'm not knocking it I'm just being catty because I so rarely meet people who know what I'm talking about when I bitch about dance class. I wonder if being screamed at that "I'LL TELL YOU WHEN TO BREATH" and other shit like that has anything to do with developing sub tendencies...

Probably not.

Ha! I'm sitting just like you!

could also be related to subspace. Maybe a combination of low blood pressure and sub space, because subspace can also lower blood pressure. You can end up breathing fast and that will cause hyperventilation, too. This can also happen after the spanking is over, because it takes a while to recover from hyperventilation...as well as subspace.

could also be related to subspace. Maybe a combination of low blood pressure and sub space, because subspace can also lower blood pressure. You can end up breathing fast and that will cause hyperventilation, too. This can also happen after the spanking is over, because it takes a while to recover from hyperventilation...as well as subspace.

I was thinking this as well. I know sometimes in my subspace the “melting” feeling is a bit like a syncopal episode... especially if I’m standing and my knees are locked (I know I shouldn’t, but sometimes it just happens) when the action that sends me over is happening.

Wait is that what that is? Low blood pressure? I always get the weird tingly head thing when I'm in subspace and that makes so much sense. That's a good thing to know.

Wait is that what that is? Low blood pressure? I always get the weird tingly head thing when I'm in subspace and that makes so much sense. That's a good thing to know.

Several things can be involved in subspace, one can be low blood pressure. It doesn't have to be included, but with the other aspects of sub space such as light headiness, shivering with cold and weakness can be related to low blood pressure. Some submissives even pass out from subspace, which would also maybe be connected to low blood pressure.

Some submissives tend to breathe fast and that can cause hyperventilation, which might involve a lack of sufficient oxygen. That can seem like low blood pressure, but I doubt it's related. Tingling in the head could be connected to a lack of oxygen, too, but I guess it could also be connected to low blood pressure. Many submissives feel woozy, which could be related to light headiness from low oxygen levels and/or low blood pressure.
I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on TV. Your mileage may and probably will vary.

Thanks for the ideas. I'm gonna make sure I'm breathing and not locking my knees, and if that doesn't work I'll ask to use a different position, which should be fine. It's not like he WANTS me to pass out.

Back