Game Breakdowns (Closed.)

JadeKnight

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 10, 2007
Posts
7,060
The most successful game company in the US was the Game Haven company based in Silicon Valley, CA. They hired only the best programmers, play testers, and staff to work at the company. In addition to designing award winning games of their own, they would often take low quality indies and be able to turn them into AAA games that sold like hot cakes.

They even began to take on a few government contracts to work on different types of simulators that were supposed to help further other aspects of society, such as the military. In addition, they had decided to move into the field of VR gaming. However with the help from a top secret research divison within the military, they would be testing out a new full-immersion style of VR gaming.

The setup that had been designed consisted of the player donning a VR helmet as one normally would. They would then get into a large vat of bio-gel naked. The walls of the vat were made of clear plastic so that the player couuld be watched carefully for problems. The bio-gel would have electrical currents, nothing life threatening, to harden and shift to simulate the game environment as needed. The rest of the actual workings was kept secret from the game company, as the research team was also around to monitor and do what was needed to be done.
 
Rebecca Hardin had been a game tester for the company since she graduated from High school at 18, ten years earlier. She had managed to secure her employment at the company because she had find a few bugs that had gotten overlooked in one of their block-buster games at the time. After that, it was a breeze to show off her playing skills and bug-squishing abilities in several other games before she was hired.

She had actually voluteered for the VR testing of the system, giddy with joy at doing it. She knew that most people would cringe at having to expose themselves like that just to play a game, but for her, it was all in fun. She had done well for herself, living a pretty cozy lifestyle, making wonderful friends at the company, and just plain enjoying playing games. She had recently developed a crush on one of her fellow game testers, but she had decided to keep it a secret so far. Though such relations weren't encourged, that were looked down upon as getting in the way of getting things done. Hopefully she could control herself as she learned she would be paired with her crush for this gamign run.

The game chosen for them to test was a new Pathfinder game called Call of the Dragon. The programmers had been working on it diligantly to make sure it would be up to the company's standards of play.

Rebecca took a few deep breathes as she sat nude on the platform that had been setup up between the two immersion tanks. The room was chill to help keep the machinery running smoothly, a little precaution taken by the team. She waited a moment before slipping the VR helmet onto her head. Once everything was adjusted, she slipped into the cool bio-gel, shivering as goosebumps covered her skin. The hardest part was going to be having to deal with the bio-gel filling her lungs, stomach, and the rest of her. She had been instructed to stay calm, as it was supposed to supply her with oxygen and other stuff for her to survive. She kept her eyes closed as the feeling was very much akin to being underwater and trying to breathe.

Her attention was quickly caught by the screen going from black to filling with a hovering image of a large red dragon, poised to attack her. This was soon cover by the Game title before both faded away. Next came a large box to begin setting up her character. As she had already arranged things with Mark, the head programmer, it didn't take long for her to find her premade character and hit start to begin the game. The company's logo appeared in front of her, spinning to show the game was loading. The logo flckered a couple of times, but Rebecca didn't think anything of it at the moment.

Name: Regina
Age: 19
Race: Catfolk
Gender: Female
Class: Gunslinger
Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength 14 (+2)
Dexterity 18 (+4) [Racial Trait +2] [Level increase +1]
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 16 (+3) [Racial Trait -2]
Charisma 16 (+3) [Racial Trait +2]

Size: Medium
Height: 5ft 5
Weight: 115lbs

Total Hit Points: 44

Speed: 30ft

Armor Class: 22

Touch AC: 19
Flat-footed: 19

Initiative modifier: + 4 = +4 [Dex]
Fortitude save: + 13 = +4 [Base] +2 [Con] +3 [Cloak] +4 [Kimono]
Reflex save: + 15 = +4 [Base] +4 [Dex] +3 [Cloak] +4 [Kimono]
Will save: + 11 = +1 [Base] +3 [Wis] +3 [Cloak] +4 [Kimono]
Attack (handheld): + 6 = +4 [Base] +2 [Str]
Attack (missile): + 8 = +4 [Base] +4 [Dex]
Combat Maneuver Bonus: + 6 = +4 [Base] +2 [Str]
Combat Maneuver Defense:+ 20 = 10 + 2 [Str] + 4 [Dex] +6 [CMB]

Languages:
Common
Catfolk
Elven
Sylvan


Traits:
.


Feats:
Natural Spell [Cast spells during Wild shaped]
Improved Init [+4 Init]

Skill Name Key Ability Skill Modifier Ability Modifier Ranks Misc.Modifier
Acrobatics Dex +10 = +4 +3 +3
Bluff Cha +7 = +3 +1 +3
Climb Str +7 = +2 +2 +3
Craft Int +6 = +2 +1 +3
Handle Animal Cha +7 = +3 +1 +3
Intimidate Cha +6 = +0 +3 +3
Knowledge(Engineering) Int +8 = +2 +2 +3
Perception Wis +12 = +3 +6 +3
Ride Dex +9 = +4 +2 +3
Stealth Dex +6 = +4 +2 +0
Survival Wis +12 = +3 +6 +3
Swim +8 = +2 +3 +3


Favored class points:
Hit points 0
Skill points 6

Class Specials:
Gunsmith At 1st level, a gunslinger gains one of the following firearms of her choice: Pistol. The gunslinger also gains Gunsmithing as a bonus feat.

Grit [Ability to perform certain deeds with her firearm. Only gets a certain number of grit points per day based on Wisdom modifier, but can be replenished via daring acts and Dares.]
Nimble [+1 ac when wearing light or no armor]

Racial Traits:
+2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Wis
Low Light Vision
+2 Perception, Stealth, Survival
+2x Reflex Saving throw once a day
+10 foot speed when charging, running, or withdrawing

Equipment:
Leaf armour
Backpack
Bedroll
Winter Blanket
Explorer's Outfit
Flint and Steel
Trail Rations x12
Rope, hemp (50ft)
Ioun Torch
City Map
Bracers of Armor +3
Cloak of Resist +3
Ring of Protection +2
Pistol, double-barreled

Special –Everloaded Pistol, double-barreled +2
Special – Otherworldly Kimono
 
Last edited:
Chelle Burns stared wide eyed through the main viewing window at the new system, the Vat of gel, the helmet and the wall bank of computers required to operate and process the huge quantity of data that would be transmitted. It was awe inspiring. It was, in her words, next level shit. She'd had the brief of course but the written portfolio simply didn't do the system justice.

Chelle was a graphics designer by trade, and one of the youngest within the company at twenty-one. She was currently living the dream, having been headhunted by Game Haven after creating graphics for a small but popular Indie title four yeara ago back home in England. She'd since moved into their VR division where she helped create photo realistic models for Oculus, Vive and other existing titles. Within the year she'd moved into Game Haven's top secret research and development division, working with leading game designers and a team of testers.

She hadn't even been told what it was that they were working on but it was revolutionary tech. Then, perhaps due to the close work she'd done with the Tester Team, she'd been invited into the Alpha. She'd had to say yes, despite all the information about the project being hidden behind NDAs.

With a sigh, Chelle began to slip her clothes off. She hesitated, her fingers pausing at the straps to the bubblegum pink bra, here eyes unconsciously scanning for cameras. It was dumb of course, there would be people monitoring her every breath while she was in there. But she couldn't help the thought that some lonely scientist was going to get his eyeful at her expense.

With another sigh, knowinf she'd agreed to this, and desperate to experience the system, she finished stripping off. Naked, she passed through a decontamination room before entering the main chamber. She gasped at the chill, crossing her arms to hide the effects of the cold on her body.

"No fucking way!" She gasped, almost running up to the currently occupied Vat and grinning like a loon. She'd not known exactly who she would be paired with but they coudlnt have picked a better companion. She'd loved working with Rebecca, the two always got on and had often hung out. Damn the girl had assets... she chuckled to herself.

She hurried up to the platform and stood before her own vat. She was committed now, she refused to back down and so deliberately didn't pause. She grabbed the VR helmet and slipped it over her head, plunging her vision into darkness. Gingerly she dipped her foot into the Bio-gel, gasping again at how cold it was. What the hell was these guy's problem with heating?!

Gritting her teeth, she plunged herself in, forcing herself to breathe the stuff in. It was like drowning without the pain. She felt heavy and yet weightless. Certainly disorientating. Before she could think on it further, the screen went to character creation. She almost forgot about the vat, as it felt like she was suspended in nothingness in front of the large menu.

She selected her character from the dev menu and things began to load...

Name: Lexavier "Lexy"
Age: 110
Race: Elf
Gender: Female
Class: Druid
Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength 12 (+1)
Dexterity 16 (+3) [Racial Trait +2]
Constitution 12 (+1) [Racial Trait -2]
Intelligence 12 (+1) [Racial Trait +2]
Wisdom 18 (+4) [+1 Level increase]
Charisma 16 (+3)

Size: Medium
Height: 5ft 9
Weight: 105lbs

Total Hit Points: 36

Speed: 30ft

Armor Class: 22

Touch AC: 15
Flat-footed: 19

Initiative modifier: + 7 = +3 [Dex] +4 [Feat]
Fortitude save: + 8 = +4 [Base] +1 [Con] +3 [Cloak]
Reflex save: + 7 = +1 [Base] +3 [Dex] +3 [Cloak]
Will save: +11 = +4 [Base] +4 [Wis] +3 [Cloak]
Attack (handheld): + 4 = +3 [Base] +1 [Str]
Attack (missile): + 6 = +3 [Base] +3 [Dex]
Combat Maneuver Bonus: + 4 = +3 [Base] +1 [Str]
Combat Maneuver Defense:+ 18 = 10 + 1 [Str] + 3 [Dex] + 4 [CMB]

Languages:
Common
Elven
Druidic
Sylvan
Draconic

Traits:
Beast of the Society [Wild Shape lasts for 2 hours/level]
Charming [+1 Bluff/Diplomacy when someone is or could be sexually attracted to me]

Feats:
Natural Spell [Cast spells during Wild shaped]
Improved Init [+4 Init]

Skill Name Key Ability Skill Modifier Ability Modifier Ranks Misc.Modifier
Handle Animal Cha +10 = +3 +4 +3
Heal Wis +11 = +4 +4 +3
Knowledge(Nature) Int +10 = +1 +4 +5
Perception Wis +12 = +3 +4 +5
Spellcraft Int +10 = +1 +4 +5
Survival Wis +11 = +4 +4 +3

Spells
Domain [Weather]
Storm Burst
Obscuring Mist

0 level: 4+1
Create Water
Detect Magic
Know Direction
Light
Purify Food and Drink

1 level: 3+1
Cure Light Wounds
Entangle
Faerie Fire
Speak with Animals

2 level: 2+1
Barkskin
Flaming Sphere
Soften Earth and Stone

3 level: 1
Sleet Storm

4 level :1
Summon Nature's Ally IV

Favored class points:
Hit points 0
Skill points 4

Class Specials:
Nature Bond: [Weather Domain]
Nature Sense: [+2 Knowledge Nature/Survival]
Wild Empathy: [Improve animal attitude: 1d20+4+3]
Woodland Stride: [Move through undergrowth unimpaired]
Trackless Step: [Leave no trail]
Resist Nature's Lure: [+4 Saving Throw against Fey abilities and plant like spells/effects]
Wild Shape: [Change into a small/medium animal]

Racial Traits:
+2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Con
Low Light Vision
Immunities: Sleep effects
+2 Saving throw bonus against enchantment spells/effects
+2 bonus to overcome spell resistance.
+2 Spellcraft - identify magic items
+2 Perception

Equipment:
Leaf armour
Masterwork +1 Sickle 1d6+2
Wooden Buckler of Shielding Shield 1/day
10 Darts 1d4
Bag of Holding, Type 2
Bedroll
Winter Blanket
Explorer's Outfit
Flint and Steel
Trail Rations x12
Rope, hemp (50ft)
Replenishing skin
Ioun Torch
City Map
Bracers of Armor +3
Cloak of Resistance +3
Decoy Ring
Ring of Protection +2
Special – Wand of Healing – Cure Medium Wounds 50 Charges
Special – Starknife of the Void - The starknife of the void is a +2 returning starknife. If the wielder scores a critical hit against a foe with a starknife of the void, it discharges a blindness/deafness spell affecting the creature struck. The target must succeed at a DC 14 Fortitude save or be struck blind or deaf (as chosen by the wielder of the starknife of the void). If the starknife of the void deals more than one critical hit to the same target, the target can potentially become both blind and deaf.

Gold 350gp
 
Last edited:
It took a few seconds for the world to materialize around Regina, going from fuzzy pixels to crystal clear surroundings. She was standing on the top of a grass cliff, looking down at a quaint and busy little village a mile below. Stretching away from the top of the cliff in nearly every direction as far as the eye could see was a wide open grassy field. In the north, a large mountain range could be seen dominating the skyline from east to west.

"No fucking way..."

Instead of her surroundings, Regina was focused on her own character. She lifted her small hands up, looking them over. It was almost second nature for her to be able to extend and retract the small, sharp claws that catfolk had at the end of their fingers. Looking at her exposed arms, she was more built on the athletic rather than just being skinny. Her skin was flesh-toned, much lighter than the slightly bronze tan she tried to maintain in the real world.

Her outfit consisted of a short sleeve white button-down shirt, slightly loose fitting, but small enough to show she still had a pretty good size chest. Over that was a simple leather vest, the v cut neck stopping at mid-chest to show what would have been a good amount of cleavage if she wasn't wearing a shirt. Around her waist was a fitted leather skirt, extending down to mid-thigh. Curiosity got the better of her, as she reached down and lifted up the skirt a little to peek underneath. The graphics designer had given her a pair of red underwear, her favorite color. Giggling a little, she dropped the skirt back into place. Looking further down her legs, she noticed the red intricate tattoo designs on each of her legs, extending from the middle of her thighs and down into the mid-calf high leather boots she wore. She was so excited at everything, she was feeling like a kid in a candy store.

As soon as her partner materialized a couple of minutes later, the smaller Regina suddenly too her up in a hug.

"Oh Thank you thank you."

She held the hug for a few moments, enjoying the closeness for a moment before pulling away with a smile.

"I love this design so much. So sexy and cute at the same time."
 
The sensation of weightlessness was unnerving, like falling except everything was black, so you had no context of either up or down. At one point, Chelle thought she was going to be sick, her inner ear was having fits and it was really messing with her equilibrium. She held on though and soon the programme finished loading and she materialised as Lexavier.

She had one brief look at the surroundings before she was engulfed in a huge embrace from a squealing Catfolk creature. Of course she knew who this was, in all the model and component testing that both Chelle and Rebecca had worked on, the two had always chosen an Elf and a Catfolk. She squealed along with her friend, throwing her arms around her in return.

She disentangled herself, wanting to get a better look at herself and the surrounding area. It was so much different to Oculus Rift. The textures, the graphics, even the way the ground felt beneath my feet. It all was perfect, it was all... real. Despite knowing she was laying in some tub of goo, she had no concept of that room anymore. Instead, she was looking out over a village, seeing smoke rising from chimneys, horses and carts moving about bustling streets, the sound of clamour and work drifting up even to this distance.

She looked down upon herself and smirked. While in her real body, Chelle was a petite girl, only a pair of 34As to look down upon... not that there was anything wrong with that, Chelle was proud of her body... but never the less, she'd taken the opportunity to choose one of the bustier models. The slender Elf was dressed in some kind of battle armour made up of hardened Leaves, striking in autumn colours. Beneath that she could see an impressive cleavage straining against the leathery armour. Her long blue hair was tied in a long braid that hung down one shoulder and the strangest of all, she was tall. Almost six foot. Compared to her real world mini five foot 4, it was quite the difference.

"Reb... Regina..." she said, remembering at the last moment to use her in-game name. "This is.... incredible!"
 
"I know, this is wonderful and strange at the same time."

She twirled around for a moment, that large fluffy tail following after. She was so close to Lexy that the velvety softness could be felt against the elf's arms for a brief few seconds. She stopped once more, facing the small village.

"The colors are so vivid, the feelings so real. I can feel a breeze and smell something good on the wind. Wait, were smells and taste supposed to be programmed in as well?"

She turned to face her partner as she suddenly heard a ding and a small mail icon popped up in front of her. She grinned for a moment, touching lightly on the icon. A large letter appeared in front of her, with four attachments on it.

"Oh yeah...I thought I would have Mark cook up something special for us. It's kinda cheaty, kinda not. Just some stuff to give an edge while we play test."

A long thin wand, intricately carving with runes, appearing in her left hand. In her other hand appearing a rather large looking starknife. She gave each one to Lexy carefully.

"The wand has fifty charges of cure medium, which should come in very handy. And that is a Starknife of the void. You can throw it, and yes your class can use it."

She grinned as she touched the third item. A rather pretty kimono appeared draped across her arms. She wanted to badly to try it on, as she really didn't like the outfit she currently had on. However that meant she would have to undress in front of her crush, which seemed to make her blush lightly for a moment. However she was quite sure that Celle had gotten quite the eyeful just getting in the tank. Deciding to hell with it, that explor's outfit was quickly left on the ground, leaving the kitsune nude except for thos lacey red panties. She took a deep breathe before pulling on the kimono and holding the sash up for Lexy.

"Can you give me a hand?"
 
Lexy couldn't help but giggle as the tail brushed past her, so soft and tickly, the minute detail being transmitted to her skin was astounding. She gently rubbed her arm where the feather touch had begun to goosebump as she realised her companion was right, she could smell something. The fresh meadow, the smell of cooking breads and other sweet treats coming from the village, and an intoxicating perfume that came from Regina herself.

"I didn't work on it... not my department. I wonder if we'll see any of my graphics though... god if I had known that this was what I was working on..." I say, taking a deep inhalation.

At the sound of the 'ding', she glanced over at the floating mail icon. It seemed to track Regina slightly, obviously intended for her. It looked like a glowing square, light a glass pane, between them. Lexy could see the inverse image of the letter as Regina opened it.

She accepted both items with wide eyes, twiddling the wand around in her fingers as she traced the intricate carvings. She also took the Starknife curiously, feeling that it was a good weight in her hands. With a glance over her body, she found that she could easily store both on her hip and they didn't intrude on her walking. She also found hanging down and resting just on the curve of her shapely behind, a rather cruel looking Sickle.

She briefly wondered about pain in this game, since everything else had been so real. She really didn't want to find out and resisted the urge to prick her finger. As she considered this, lost in her own thoughts, the flop of cloth against her green boots caused her to look up sharply. Regina had wasted no time in stripping off and Lexy's mouth dropped open slightly as she admired the model's figure.

Able to recover just in time for Regina to look over at her, she smirked coyly and moved behind her to tie the sash.

"Not exactly inconspicuous I suppose..." She laughed, "But pretty..."
 
Regina smiled and nodded, waiting patiently as Lexy went to work on her sash. Once it was done, she moved forward a few steps to test out the movement. Unlike other kimonos
she had seen, this one seemed to let her have full range of motion. It even parted along her side side from just above her mid-thigh, showing off her shapely leg.

"That's kinda why I choose it. The leaf armor is nice, but not quite my color. I'll just wear the armor under this beautiful thing after we get settled in. Plus it lets me capture things within it for a short period time. For quick get aways."

She finally pulled out the final item in the mail, a double-barreled pistol identical to the one sitting on top of her discarded clothing, except for the slightly blueish hue to the barrels.

"This baby has a spell on it for unlimited ammo, so I don't have to reload. Just in case."

She winked for a moment before bending over in front of Lexy, her shapely rear in the air, along with her tail waving back and forth. She picked up her regular pistol, sliding into the front of her sash while the magical one was slipped into the bag of it. She tied her bag of holding to her right side before standing back up and turning around.

"Shall we get this party started?"
 
Nodding slowly, Lexy pulled a "Not Bad" face, her eyes unintentionally lingering on the display of leg flesh. When she realised what she was doing her cheeks flushed a little and she glanced away. She thought about making a comment regarding her own outfit, knowing the Leaf armour wasnt as flashy but at least it hugged her torso like a corset. She felt more protected as well, unlike Rebecca gaming didnt quite come quite as naturally, usually more suited to designing the graphics than playing with them.

Lexy was in awe of the gun though, having never played Pathfinder before she hadn't even realised it existed. There was probably lots she didnt know and would be excited to find out.

She found herself blushing again as her friend's prosterior waggled in the air, tail and all. A slight frown graced the Elf's pretty visage for a fleeting second. Was Regina being deliberately flirtatious? While their friendship had had moments, usually while under the influence of some beverage, where the girls had been giggly and cheeky to one another, usually boob grabs and ass slaps, Chelle hadnt realised the girl was gay. Was it just her over active imagination as she stared at that beautiful bottom?

She shook her head to clear those thoughts. Likely it was the case anyway. Instead she turned to gaze down the path winding towards the town.

"I guess we look for a quest giver? You ready now?" She asked with a laugh, ensuring her friend had packed everything she wanted and was ready to begin.
 
"Yup, I'm all set."

She turned to look down towards the town for a moment before looking down the winding path.

"Our main questgiver is most likely going to be the innkeeper or tavern keeper. Which ever style of lodgings this town has."

She twisted from side to side for a moment, still amazed at the feeling of the silk kimono against her skin. She gave a wicked smile for a moment at the thought of wondering how far the programmers would actually go with the game rating and what they would be able to do. A sly glance was given to Lexy before she gave a little motion for her to come on.

Heading down the path, she took her time for a little bit as she walked. Perhaps it was something about the animation style, but Regina seemed to have a slight sway of her hips and ass as she moved. The whisking of her tail back and forth could have also added to the seemingly seductive sway as she walked ahead of Lexy. With a laugh, she picked up speed as she broke into a run to test her movement in the kimono, her hair wavering behind her some.
 
"Seems like a sensible suggestion" she replied, beginning to follow her companion down the path that spaghettied down thr hillside. The top of the hill must have been an often travelled route, perhaps for the scenic view or the fact that danger could be spotted for miles in most directions... Except that wasn't true, someone had designed the hill path, and had created it as a way for the players to travel. Already they were five minutes in and she had almost forgot this was a simulation.

She chuckled to herself about that as her friend took off. After a moment of indecision, Lexy also began to run. It was invigorating, the body she now occupied was so much fitter than her real one. She felt like she could run for hours. The leathery leaves made a swishing, creaking sound as her muscles tensed and flexed. She couldn't quite keep up with Regina though but was content enough to stay behind her and admire her form.

As they reached the bottom of the hill, Lexy slid to a halt, finding herself barely our of breath. Despite it being a game, she wanted to present the npcs with a more... stern appearance. Running happily through town didnt quite set that tone.

The outskirts of town saw a steady stream of wagons and horses coming and going, with traders setting up makeshift stalls to capture the business of visitors before their competitors. Lexy resisted the urge to pause at them to look. There would be time for shopping later she hoped.
 
She finally stops running as they reach the edge of the town, feeling a little winded. She takes a few moments to take in the busyness of the town, stepping aside to let a wagon pass her by. She finally stops a young woman carrying a basket full of flowers.

"Excuse me me, but where is the tavern?"

The young woman smiles, pointing further down the street.

"It would be the Galloping Horseman, just a little further down the road at the edge of the market square."

"Thank you. Well, shall we?"

Regina looked back to see Lexy coming up behind her, taking a moment to offer a hand to her. It would be helpful to keep them from being seperated in the crowd, but Regina also just wanted to do it for the sake of doing it.
 
"Galloping Horseman... Sounds intriguing." She smirked, taking Regina's hand. Despite the weirdness of the situation, walking through town dressed in armour with a variety of weapons hanging from her and generally looking fierce, hand in hand with a cute Catfolk also well armed, no-one seemed to notice. They went about their jobs, or hawked their wares without barely a glance at the two 'heroines'. She gathered that it was supposed to replicate other Multiplayer Online Games where the players could do anything like jump around or scream at the top of their lungs and the non-player characters would always ignore them.

She briefly wondered what would happen if she randomly attacked someone, but then she figured it would be like other roleplaying games where the whole town turned against you and she didn't relish spending any time in a cell.

The tavern's sign swung in the light breeze, a rearing stallion and a handsome rider waving his hat as if he were about to burst into... well, a gallop. The establishment looked fairly well maintained, and this was true for the inside as well. As the two women stepped inside, she almost expected an old style saloon entrance where everyone stopped what they were doing to look at the strangers. Lexy was slightly disappointed when no-one seemed to notice. A bard continued to strum his lute in one corner to the eyes of the assembled patrons seated at tables before him. The bar was occupied by a portly Dwarf, currently serving a few customers, his gruff voice floating over the din of general conversation.

A winding staircase in each corner wound up to a second level balcony that was lined with doors. The whole open feeling seemed to be designed to ease hostilities and allow the staff to keep tabs on everyone coming and going.

As she scanned through the crowd of randomly assorted townsfolk, she spied a man dishevelled and bruised, pouring over his drink. The most curious thing about him was the golden exclamation mark that seemed to float over his head. Looking closer, a number of other patrons had silver exclamation marks, each seemingly tracking with the movements of their owner.

She threw a glance at Regina, grinning foolishly as once again they were reminded at the awesomeness of the game. "Shall we?" she said softly, mimicking the cute tone of her companion from moments before.
 
Once they were inside, Regina smiled for a moment. She was liking the game setup more and more as they continued to play. The feeling of immersion was just beyond what she imagined things to be. She had even notied that ther was a smokey smell in the air, migled with the scent of various cooking foods. She was still very curious if the smells were supposed to be programmed in, and if that was true, was taste as well.

She smiled and nodded in reply to Lexy's question.

"Sure, I'm ready to start. I know you haven't played much, so I'll give you some basics. That one golden question mark will get us started on the main quest line, while the silver ones are side quests. Judging by the number, there are quite a few to tackle. They could include quests to kill stuff, fetch things, or escort. I dunno how long the game is supposed to be. So what you wanna do first, start with the main story or dig in with the side quests?"

She reluctantly let go of Lexy's had to make her way over to the bar. She was very curious about how the food was going to be handled. She leaned against the bar, tapping lightly on the bartop. A grey haired old man looked up from cleaning a glass to smile at her.

"What can I get you m'lady?"

"I'll take an ale and a leg of lamb."

She pulled out a few gold coins and laid them on the bartop. He picked up the correct amount before heading into the arched doorway with swinging half doors. It was through this door the smell of food was coming from.
 
"Lets kick off the main story. I'm dying to get my teeth stuck into something. We can always come back and sweep through the smaller stuff" Lexy replied, her gaze still scanning the crowd. Her eyes snapped back to the fore as she heard her companion order food. With wide eyes, she came to stand next to her friend.

"You're... ordering food?" To be honest she hadn't even considered the thought of requiring food and drink. They'd been told that the bio-gel they were currently immersed in would provide all of that for them, but the idea of being able to eat and drink and taste was incredibly exciting, though the idea of drinking home brewed ale from a random tavern didn't exactly thrill her.

"Are you sure this is a good idea I mean... will that even do anything to us... intoxicate us?" She asked her friend, knowing that Regina would have about as much an idea as she did.
 
Regina grabbed a stool and sat down on it, crossing her legs at her ankles. She giggled for a moment as the old man returning with a large wooden mug of some dark brown liquid and a white plate with a steaming leg of lamb on it. He placed it on the counter as she patted the seat next to her.

"Of course, silly. It's all part of play-testing. Especially in these new system. We may not have to actually eat or drink, but there are players who really incorporate into their playing. Trying to be hardcore and all."

She picked the mug of ale, swirling it for a few moments.

"Getting drunk in games has usually just involved messages of going through the stages of intoxication through text and screen effects. Who knows what effects they have programmed for us. That's part of the fun."

She grinned for a moment before gulping down the ale and slamming the mug on the counter.

"Whoa, that certainly has a kick to it. Damn, you should try some Lexy."
 
She smiled at Regina but threw a look of longing at the distressed man with the golden exclamation mark over his head. But regardless, she came and sat down beside her friend. It was more habit that was getting in the way. Whenever she did actually play a game, she more often than not just spammed the main quest line until she was done. She supposed though that Rebecca would know her stuff on how to properly play test a game. And there was something to be said for the deliciously meaty aroma coming from her companion's meal.

She watched Regina down the mug with a giggle. It wasn't the first time she'd seen Rebecca do that. The girl knew how to handle her drink, unlike herself who usually sipped on a glass of rose and made it last most of the evening.

She nodded her acceptance and after a few more exchanges of gold, two mugs of the frothy brown beverage were placed before them. Encouraged by Regina, she tried to swallow the strong stuff in a big gulp... and choked on it. She sputtered and coughed as the powerful kick hit the back of her throat like a spirit.

"...Uck sake!" She swore, wiping the trickle of ale from her front and rubbing her eyes to stop them from watering. "That was bloody weird. Like I thought I was going to choke... but... I knew that I wouldnt... fuck though that's strong..." I threw a laughing, playful shove at you. "Trust you to make me drink that. If I didn't know better, I'd think you wanted to get me drunk!"
 
Regina just smirked as her companion gave in to her suggestion and sat down at the bar. She had learned early on that Celle, or Lexy in this case, was never one to turn down a good drink before. She giggled for a moment as the elf downed her ale before giving a slight shove on her shoulder.

"Would it be a bad thing to let your hair down, oh wait, mine already is..." She winked playfully for continuing, "We don't have a time limit on when to get this done. Well, Mark did say we have two weeks, but that's besides the point."

She motioned for a refill on her drink, which the old man gladly brought out for her. She grabbed the mug, picking it up with a smile. Getting drunk in a video game would definately be a new experience for her.

"What's wrong with seeing if we can't shit-faced in-game? All part of the job." She grinned, trying to imagine what anyone watching the progress would think.
 
She laughed at her friend's audacity and considered the fact that many players would do just this given the chance. It was also the quickest way to see how status effects actually affected the player and would give them an idea on poison and daze without actually having to go through that. Plus two weeks would be more than enough time to explore the world and quests lines.

"My hair's down..." she chuckled, forcing herself to gulp the heavy ale again, this time expected the kick at the back of her throat. The warm liquid filled her, sending heat through her body. She slammed the mug down again like her companion had, grinning foolishly. She threw a glance to the sky, as if to 'look' back at the people watching, but she only saw the wooden ceiling.

"You think they'll watch all the time? Have teams analysing everything we say or do?" Lexy mused, wondering if Mark was watching her right now. She didn't know the team as well as Rebecca did, she hadn't really socialised with many others from the development team, and had only met Mark a handful of times. He was cute though, and she was trying really hard not to think about how naked she was to him and the others.

In fact this was the perfect time for another drink, which the barman happily provided. This time she held it up to Regina. "To new beginnings..." she toasted with a smirk. As they clunked mugs, she downed it in one.
 
"Oh, I'm sure that we'll be watched every second by someone. If not our own staff, then some of those pervy scientists."

She picked up her mug and clunked it against Lexy's, downing her third mug of ale.

(Strong Ale Dc 13 Regina rolled 8 + 2 con = 10 failed, Stage 1 Inebriation.)

She slammed her mug down, gasping a little. The effects of the alcohol were beginning to be seen as her skin seemed to redden a little. She grinned as she pointed in a random direction.

"That's right, I said pervy scientists."

She grinned as she saw the still warm leg of lamb. She picked it up, laughing.

"I almost forgot to try this."

She sunk her teeth into the juicy meat, some of the juices dripping down as she held it towards her companion to try. She mmed as she chewed, savoring the juicy and tender morsel.
 
Regina's outlandish behaviour was unbelievable. She knew the girl had a little bit of crazy in her, she'd hung out with her enough to have enjoyed that side of her company, but at work, with professionals and bosses no doubt watching... she wouldn't have expected that from her. Lexy wondered whether it was something about the game, how free it made them both feel, how liberating. That would be what draws in the crowds, yet another thing to report back she guessed.

Enough thinking, more doing. She wouldn't be the downer on Regina's party and if the developers really had a problem with it, they'd have pulled the plug by now. Besides, she had some catching up to do. She'd only had two while Regina and finished her third. She'd need something stronger than ale, something a little more concentrated. She scanned the bottles behind the barman, not recognising any names and giggling at some of the weirder ones. She pointed at one that had Elvish script and as the barman poured it, he told them that it was a sweet Elvish wine. The liquid that glugged into a smeared glass was dark and vicious looking. He poured out a glass and left the bottle, to which Lexy paid him for.

She took a sip and her eyes lit up. It was smooth yet punchy, coating her mouth and sending warmth right down to her toes.

(Elven Wine Dc 13 Lexavier rolled 7 + 1 con = 8 failed, Stage 1 Inebriation.)

She felt the wooziness in her head, the invigoration and the feeling of strength in her limbs despite the slight lack of co-ordination. It was so much more... distinguishable then in real life. It replicated the feeling of tipsiness perfectly. She giggled girlishly, putting her hand over lips already stained darker with the wine like lipstick.

"You're making a mess!" she exclaimed, but never the less leaned forward and let herself be fed. It was a little awkward but she managed to get a bite of the lamb, smearing juices on her face in the process. She wiped herself to clean and moaned with the deliciousness. The flavour was so... real. How had they managed to do all this. Was her brain tricking her into thinking this tasted like lamb? The possibilities and applications for this were endless.

She poured herself some more of the wine as well as pouring a glass out for Regina.
 
She giggled in return, watching how Lexy ate the lamb.

"You are making just as big of a mess."

She ate a couple more bites of lamb as she watched a glass of the elvish wine get poured for her. Still holding the leg of lamb, she picked up the glass of wine in her free hand. She brought the wine up, inhaling the sweet scent.

"Isn't wine supposed to be sipped and enjoyed, not inhaled? No matter, bottoms up."

She grinned and tipped the glass up, swallowing the wine in four gulps. As she put the glass down, she shivered a little as the smooth, but punchy taste coated her mouth and throat, warming her up to her toes as well.

(Elven wine doc 13 Regina rolled 8 + 13 Fort = 21 passed, Inebriation stage 1)

"That is some sweet wine, just like you I bet."

She grinned teasingly for a moment before finishing off the leg of lamb, dropping it on the plate. She gave a little burp before looking towards a window. She blinked for a moment that it has gotten a little darken, possibly about sunset.

"I wonder what the time scale is in here.Hey old man, we need a couple of rooms."

She slapped more gold on the bar, watching the amount needed be taken away. Two keys were placed on the counter before Regina grinned as she stood up.

"Let's dance."
 
Lexy looked at the wine as if realising how fast she was drinking it for the first time, then looked back at Regina and laughed. Without another word she tipped back the wine, trying not to cough as the spirity sting hit her throat. She had to close her eyes for a second, her mouth open as she took the hit, like someone hitting her head with a soft mallet.

(Elven wine DC 13 Lexavier rolled 6 + 8 Fort (-2 morale penalty for Inebriation Stage 1) = 12 passed, Inebriation stage 2)

"Dancing..." she murmured. Her inner voice screamed at her. She wasnt a good dancer at the best of times and wheb she was drunk... well... lets just say things got Slutty...

But the alcohol was just settling nicely and with a grin she nodded, standing much too quickly and almost falling head first into the floor if it hadn't been for the bar she'd grabbed onto. "Woah.."

Finding her feet, she found she was able to move, despite the unsteadiness. "Hey! Lute guy! Play something up beat!" The man to his credit simply nodded and changed up from his tale about some depressing hero to a fast beat twang.

Lexy turned to Regina grinning as they found some space.
 
Regina stifled a giggle as she watched her companion try to move from the bar and nearly fall over. She knew she shouldn't laugh, but it was funny to watch her. She almost moved to catch the elf, but Lexy recovered quick enough.

She tapped her foot a few times to get a hold of the beat, well at best as she could. She slipped a hand around Lexy's waist and took her hand in the other before prancing her back and forth in a drunken waltz. A couple of chairs got knocked aside in the endevour before Regina stopped and lifted Lexy's hand into the air as she spun her around in a circle before stopping her.

"Show me what you got pretty elf."
 
Laughing all the while, she spun in Regina's arms and "waltz" to the music if that's what you could call it. There were a few shouts of annoyance as we disturbed the patrons, bumping tables and knocking over chairs as we cleared the dance floor. All eyes were on us as spun and rocked back and forth.

As Regina issued the challenge, Drunk Lexy was fully in charge. She grinned in an attempt to look sly and sultry, flicking back her long braid and beginning to roll her hips in time with the music. She turned quickly, sliding backwards to begin grinding on Regina with a loud giggle, dropping down and rising fast, pushing out her ass to rub up against the girl in a rough estimation of a 'slutdrop'. Running a hand through her hair she looked over her shoulder and winked at her, pulling Regina's hand onto her waist as she bounced her hips back and forth in a rhythmic grind.

It was surprisingly difficult to dance sexy in armour, but somehow she was managing to pull it off. The tight leather trousers were certainly helping as they formed around her shapely ass. Very briefly, she wondered if once she was sober again she would regret this, wondering if the Developers would record her dance and play it back to her when she got out... but right at this moment she decided she didn't care...
 
Back
Top