Wheel of the Year Challenge

HarryHill

Hairy fucker
Alright poets, you are getting fat and lazy, time to cobble together something to draw all y'all scattered word slingers and celebrate our passion. I'm running out the door in just a few moments to bring butters home from work feel free to suggest any topic that you desire and we'll hammer out the details shortly.

I put one up a few months back and it was totally ignored, not a soul answered :(
Looks like it's just you and me for the nonce. I challenge you to 10 lines of a title of your choosing since the rest of the pobo are scared.

Looks like it's just you and me for the nonce. I challenge you to 10 lines of a title of your choosing since the rest of the pobo are scared.

Lolol I'l think about it tomorrow and what I can challenge you to do, it's the wee small hours here.

I think they are preferring 'another place' where they are praised to the high heavens whatever they write :D

Lolol I'l think about it tomorrow and what I can challenge you to do, it's the wee small hours here.
yeah, was surprised to see you post at this hour. If nano is anywhere in the title count me out. :D
I think they are preferring 'another place' where they are praised to the high heavens whatever they write :D
there are some decent poets lurking. I figure they just cant be arsed or summat

Challenge accepted....

You mentioned Wheel of the Year.....

First thing that came to my mind was car racing. Let's see what you got under the hood ;)

Challenge accepted....

You mentioned Wheel of the Year.....

First thing that came to my mind was car racing. Let's see what you got under the hood ;)
Four cylinders, redline 6k
Wheel of the year?

I am in too.
great!
...but I will try to write one too.
It'll be fun
Well that goaded a few :eek:

So we're all in
Ten lines minimum, Twenty max, no new players until this one is finished, todays Thuursday, drop poems by midnight Sunday, last poet to post picks next challenge conditions as well as new title... Go!

So we're all in
Ten lines minimum, Twenty max, no new players until this one is finished, todays Thuursday, drop poems by midnight Sunday, last poet to post picks next challenge conditions as well as new title... Go!

Where do we send/post submissions? Here? Ok without rhyming? Hope so. And the theme is Wheel of the Year, as an aspect of seasons? Or is it anything goes? :)

Where do we send/post submissions? Here? Ok without rhyming? Hope so. And the theme is Wheel of the Year, as an aspect of seasons? Or is it anything goes? :)
post here, it doesn't have to rhyme, it's your poem, also I believe Wheel of the Year could have quite a few ;) flat tyres around our short track, so anything goes in this first race, Start your engines!

Harry I challenge you to write a form poem, rhymed or not, on your chosen subject but not a love poem unless it's sexy :)

Harry I challenge you to write a form poem, rhymed or not, on your chosen subject but not a love poem unless it's sexy :)
accepted
Wheel of the Year: Dragstrip

Gathered here where broken wheels halting turn,
Limp away into the future, oh hell,
Spinning tyres did falter, engine burst, burn;
New vehicle in the forecast, ah well.

Back to the shop, a fresh Junker on rack,
Torn apart, rebuilt, a ton of new parts,
Some weeks later we're again at the track,
Waiting for a green light, eager to start.

Down the quarter mile, wide open, no fear,
A good chance of winning wheel of the year.

Wheel of the Year: Asphalt

The last days of Summer
Asphalt fumes and burning rubber
Fill the air with a rumble from hell

Shrieking tires and a terrifying roar
The racers fly down city streets
Feel the road, feel the engine's rage

Now we enter the blur of tunnel vision
Fiercely into the distance we go
The cars shriek with the kiss of steel

Andrenaline rivers fill my soul
As the checkered flag falls