The Mansion

Who you calling a "coot", Mr. Crazy?

*grin*

:heart:

Flowers, a bundle of yellows and whites and blues. These come from above the tree-line, in the later thousands of feet where most plants cannot sustain. They are small. They are beautiful. They endure.

Flowers, a bundle of yellows and whites and blues. These come from above the tree-line, in the later thousands of feet where most plants cannot sustain. They are small. They are beautiful. They endure.

They came out of nowhere, but then, most times they do, but she knows who left them. The very fact that he can disarm her, has her shaking her head and her shoulders rise and fall gently with silent laughter. The rogue!

Gathering up his offering, she headed for the kitchen and a clean vase to put them in. They will reside on her desk where she can look at them and draw inspiration.

"You be careful out there, you hear?!"

Take your time Cait. You're worth the wait. :rose:
Lord knows I took forever myself...*chuckle*

Awww... thank you, Fr33k! I promise, life should be slowing down a bit between now and July ( i have a wedding to attend in July and Independence Day parades to attend then).

I also think the same about you, Hun.

Consider briefly the brevity and intensity of each moment in your life. Every hard choice. Every laugh, every sob, every ache, and every moment in which all seemed perfectly and exactly right. And understand that all of those moments are exactly the same and that the direness or levity of the situation was a product entirely of you and your perceptions.

This world doesn't and can't present to you a wholly unique experience. It simply is. And you are bound to the same laws and same instances as every other creature here. If it hurts - that's because you're letting it hurt. If you're smiling. That's a choice that you have made.

Blaming others, or this place, for your experience is the single weakest choice you can make. The reality is that in the end the only one that is accountable for your experience is yourself. The blame lies with you and only and always with you.

The good news is that means that we all have the opportunity to make a different choice. We are not bound to the hurts of the past, or our mistakes, because that moment is gone and we are all living collectively in a new one.

You are more than the sum of your hardships and mistakes.

Today is different and so are you.

Once you understand that, once it fills you up and the understanding is absolute, you won't be bothered as much by your could haves and should haves. You'll be too focused on your I wills and I ams. Climb a mountain. Dive a wreck. Travel the world. Appreciate the beauty and wonder all around you. Meet a friend out. Embrace your family. Live. You're the only one that can for you.

A small step...another...until there remains naught but the merest inches between inside and outside, a door that bars the way.

In one small hand is held a single flower~ a daisy...simplicity...

She doesn't knock. She doesn't intrude. Instead...the flower is left just to the right of the door, a small placard holding the faintest imprint of a Wolf's print.

And then she turns and is gone again....

Consider briefly the brevity and intensity of each moment in your life. Every hard choice. Every laugh, every sob, every ache, and every moment in which all seemed perfectly and exactly right. And understand that all of those moments are exactly the same and that the direness or levity of the situation was a product entirely of you and your perceptions.

This world doesn't and can't present to you a wholly unique experience. It simply is. And you are bound to the same laws and same instances as every other creature here. If it hurts - that's because you're letting it hurt. If you're smiling. That's a choice that you have made.

Blaming others, or this place, for your experience is the single weakest choice you can make. The reality is that in the end the only one that is accountable for your experience is yourself. The blame lies with you and only and always with you.

The good news is that means that we all have the opportunity to make a different choice. We are not bound to the hurts of the past, or our mistakes, because that moment is gone and we are all living collectively in a new one.

You are more than the sum of your hardships and mistakes.

Today is different and so are you.

Once you understand that, once it fills you up and the understanding is absolute, you won't be bothered as much by your could haves and should haves. You'll be too focused on your I wills and I ams. Climb a mountain. Dive a wreck. Travel the world. Appreciate the beauty and wonder all around you. Meet a friend out. Embrace your family. Live. You're the only one that can for you.

His voice, his words, whispered through her mind. It wasn't harsh nor was it gentle. It simply was, him and like everything about him, he made her smile. Ice always left her something. Words. Flowers. Something. His way, perhaps, of reminding her that he was/is, still around. Looking in on her to make sure she was still okay and letting her know she wasn't forgotten. Not by him. At least, that's what she kept telling herself. With Ice, nothing was a surety. He was not predictable. He certainly wasn't stable. By that she meant that he couldn't be counted on for anything, most of all his presence. Ice was a busy man. Busy living his life as fully as he could. A wry grin tilted the corner of her her lips. Heaven only knew, as did those that followed him or her, the countless stories they had started or he had started with others and nary a one completed. That was just him. Something grabbed him and he was off chasing it until his attention waned. That was just, Ice. He could be an ass but he was always a truthful one. He could be a tease and a seducer. He could charm a person, especially if they were female. Blunt to the point of annoying or pain, depending on whether or not you were the object of whatever point he was trying to make. But there was something about him. Women flocked to him. Scurrying about to hold his attention. For a moment. No more. Again she smiled. Maybe at some point in her history, she envied those women. The ones who got his attention for however long it lasted. In early days she had been there. Been one of them. Now, she was his friend. Truly. Honestly. He brought her flowers. He made her smile. Now and then, his voice was in her ear, in reality, telling her about what he has been up to. She had always gone her way. He came. He went. She continued on. He picked her up when she was down. She, the same for him when he needed a safe zone. He didn't need it often but he always knows it's there if/when he needs it again.

His words echoed through her mind.

He was right.

This time.

:heart:

A small step...another...until there remains naught but the merest inches between inside and outside, a door that bars the way.

In one small hand is held a single flower~ a daisy...simplicity...

She doesn't knock. She doesn't intrude. Instead...the flower is left just to the right of the door, a small placard holding the faintest imprint of a Wolf's print.

And then she turns and is gone again....

I almost missed this. To the right of the door. The petals of the daisy slightly wilted, propped up by the small placard. it was brought to my nose, the placard, that is. A soft sniff and though the scent was faint, it was one I recognized and would never forget.

The daisy was gathered up and even though it was slightly wilted, it was tucked behind my ear. The card softly tapped against my fingers while memories filled my mind. Many good. A few bad. The bad were nothing more than a learning curve.

The Wolfling. This woman had come through a lot. Did much. Loved hard and though there was pride, as each wolf possess, she found her strength and apologized for her part in any wrong doing. That trait, among many others, earned her respect.

My arm lifted. Fingertips softly touched the petals of the daisy and the woman who left it for me, made me smile.

I shall have to find this woman again. Some day.

Then again.....

Maybe she'll find me.

After all...

She is a wolf.

Tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear, she opened the door and was met with a blast of stale air. There was a pause on her part. For just a moment.

Had it been that long since she had been here?

There was continued silence. There was momentary thought. Obviously so. This house had been a refuge for a bad time in her life. The people here she had known and do know, had mostly become friends and some even lovers.

A smile gently crossed her lips. So much had come and gone. Lovers had come and gone. Friends had dropped by and when she could find the time, no seriously, when she could make the time, there had been replies.

Dryfter and she were building a life together. Had a year already gone by? Odd, how things had happened and somehow, miraculously, things have worked out. Drfyter had faith in her and she had given him, hers. Now, they didn't have time to sit and write. Life consumed them both, happily so.

Yet, this place will remain. As a refuge. As a brief stop over for friends to pop in and say hello. There would always be Ice. Luna. Rain. A few others as well, she was sure.

:rose: :heart: :kiss:

The flowers were left as they'd always been. The Maids, having been trained to some extent by this point, knew to leave them. So it was. He'd still haunt the place as time allowed. It'd been a home for him, as much as anything, and he'd never been one to embrace change.

They were roses. A tight bundle. Whites and reds, tangled, with thornless stems carefully woven together and the blossoms trimmed neatly and sharply by knowing hands. This time, unlike others, there was a small note.

Cait,
I'm thankful for your happiness and love you, dearly.

The flowers were left as they'd always been. The Maids, having been trained to some extent by this point, knew to leave them. So it was. He'd still haunt the place as time allowed. It'd been a home for him, as much as anything, and he'd never been one to embrace change.

They were roses. A tight bundle. Whites and reds, tangled, with thornless stems carefully woven together and the blossoms trimmed neatly and sharply by knowing hands. This time, unlike others, there was a small note.

Cait,
I'm thankful for your happiness and love you, dearly.

Usually, she found them herself, but this time the maids alerted her to them. Roses. Amongst the blooms was a small note. Odd, that but not unwelcome. The roses, thornless, she noted, were beautiful. As always. She knew who they were from. Who, they were always from. She read the note, smiling the whole time. The note was tucked inside her shirt, the roses were admired for their beauty, his choice and the time and thoughtfulness he put into his gift. He was a busy man, yet he checked up on her from time to time as he could.

As she headed off to the kitchen for a crystal vase to show case their beauty in, her softly spoken words trailed after her.

"Thank you, Ice. Love you too and I wish you all the happiness in the world. You deserve some."

She sat at her computer, cup of coffee in hand, as she browsed through the news of this community. Life was such a precious thing. Two people she knew that lived in the community had had experienced a loss. Each loss was at different ends of the spectrum. A soft sigh left her. She really should make the effort to be here more. It was hard to find time for everything. Her life had swung in a complete one eighty from what it had been before. Now, she lived each and every single day. Before? She lived out each day, reconciled to the fact that she simply had lived, waiting to die. Now her life had meaning again. She rose each day, thanking that Divine for giving her another day. Each night, came the prayer of thanks for the day had just passed.

The Divine had a plan for her. She was convinced of that. Wisdom to receive and pass on. Lives to touch and influence in whatever way she was meant to. She had been given another chance, kicking and fighting, loving and laughing through it all.

Shaking off her thoughts, she stared down at her desk top, littered with photos of the concert she had just been to with Dryfter and a friend.

Ashes to New, In the Moment, Papa Roach and Five Finger Death Punch.

Damn it had been a friggin' awesome concert.

Now to take the photos and do something with them but first.....

More coffee!!!!!

A friend in need of an ear. A friggin' wooden sliver of wood from her living room floor, embedded deep into her foot (ouch!), how rearrange her living room to accommodate two shiny black new desks AND how to make the most use of her living space... God, what she wouldn't give for the mansion's space in the RW. *sigh* Alas. She had what she had to work with.... the friend she was still talking with, the sliver had festered up to the surface and she was able to pluck it out and she had made her living space work!!

Life was good.

Until the next challenge eyed her for battle.

For now? Another cup of coffee. Then put out a S.O.S for her creativity.

Windows were thrown open even though the maids looked at her like she had lost her ever friggin' mind.

It's Fall! The earthy smells that rise up and surround after a good rain. Air that smells so damn fresh and clean again. Leaves that crunch under foot that makes her think about crackling fires in the fireplace. Warmth. Fuzzies!!! Must have fuzzies. *nodnodnodnod*

So.....

My private world just got tossed into a spin and it took a couple of days for me to not only catch my breath and find my balance again. A few sleepless nights but I've got it now. WE'VE got it. Dryfter and I.

On another note.... my ex sucks. Just sayin'.

b1df7b73738f6d987e83d46bfa588b34.gif

Back