Marrying the wife of the guy who cuckolded you

soulspice

Virgin
Joined
Apr 20, 2012
Posts
2
Could someone explain to me why so many LW stories have the cheated husband hook up with the wife of the guy who is screwing his wife? I would never want to dip my wick into the same well an asshole like that has been using for years, and to be with someone who would be a constant reminder of the guy my wife cheating on me with. Yet it seems that half of the cheating wife stories have the guy end up with the ex-wife of the asshole who cuckolded him. I just don't get it.
 
They've both been cheated on and hurt by the same assholes (both her cheating husband and his cheating wife are equally assholes). Having seen the dirty side of infidelity theoretically they would both be prepared to be loyal, and wise to people who are persuasive, insensitive slimeballs. You are totally denigrating the female character by thinking of her as a "well to dip a wick in". Do you think of all non-virgin women as used or dirty? :mad:
 
Could someone explain to me why so many LW stories have the cheated husband hook up with the wife of the guy who is screwing his wife? I would never want to dip my wick into the same well an asshole like that has been using for years,

Answer is simple: not all guys think of women as "wells" to be "used" by men, nor do they all believe that a woman's worth is so tied up with her sexual purity that even second-hand adultery spoils her.

I do find one aspect of your post intriguing: a woman becomes undesirable if her husband was a cheat, but there's no suggestion that a man becomes undesirable if his wife was a cheat.
 
Some people would call that poetic justice. Whether or not it would actually hurt the original offender, is another question. It is a symbolic gesture of revenge. The wife of the “asshole,” is presumably an innocent. Not technically her fault for marrying a cheater. She’s not dirty goods, nor simply an object. No reason to project your hang-ups on the woman.

A second aspect would be the husband’s impotent rage towards his wife. Some men take revenge, some men forgive, and some men walk away as the better man looking for a better partner.
 
<deleted>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No, you missed the point

It is not that she is tainted and the man is not. That is your misogyny speaking, not mine. It is that she is a constant reminder of the guy who cuckolded you, as I said explicitly in my comment. If some guy slept with my wife I would not want to spend the rest of my life with his, to be with a woman whose life was so bound up with the guy who cuckolded me, who may have children with him, who will in some sense keep him in my life. To sleep with someone he slept with for years, to be friends with her friends who knew him as a partner to her for years. I do not see it as revenge on him, I see it as a constant reminder of my own wife's infidelity.
 
This happens in real life

They get together for mutual support, fall in love and get married.

Wait! You didn't think all those stories in LW were 100% fictional, did you?!
 
It is not that she is tainted and the man is not. That is your misogyny speaking, not mine. It is that she is a constant reminder of the guy who cuckolded you, as I said explicitly in my comment.

You also said "I would never want to dip my wick into the same well an asshole like that has been using for years". If you didn't intend to imply 'tainted', you picked a bad metaphor there.
 
Back
Top