What is happening here?

LoveLooking99

Virgin
This question is more properly for a "Site Discussion" forum, but in the absence of......
Are the owners of Literotica still alive?
I signed up well over a month ago, and after three unsuccessful attempts to upload a story, sent them three emails asking for assistance. None have been answered.
I posted a message for them in the message section of this forum; it has not been answered.
I appreciate that it's a very busy website, and Member Forum, but after a month or more I think it's not unreasonable to expect some sort of response?

This question is more properly for a "Site Discussion" forum, but in the absence of......
Are the owners of Literotica still alive?
I signed up well over a month ago, and after three unsuccessful attempts to upload a story, sent them three emails asking for assistance. None have been answered.
I posted a message for them in the message section of this forum; it has not been answered.
I appreciate that it's a very busy website, and Member Forum, but after a month or more I think it's not unreasonable to expect some sort of response?

Emails don't work on Literotica and haven't done for years.

Send a PM (Private Message) to Laurel. She usually responds quickly. You might have to go into User CP to enable Private Messages first.

Answers:

Never email the site, they get so much spam that they ignore emails.

To contact the owners, use Private Messages, upper right corner under your name.

Send a PM to Laurel for story questions. And to Manu for site questions or to report a bug.

If you published a story did you submit it on the story side of the site?

There are two sides to this site...the story side and the Forums. The forums are used to discuss a multitude of things from poetry to story writing and politics.

The story side is where you publish your work. At the main menu click on Stories & Pics. Then if you are all signed up, login at the top where it says login / sign up. Once your name appears, click on that to go to your story profile area. If you haven't created a profile on the story side, do so. If you have then you're cool.

If you submitted your story on the story side and it was rejected, what was the reason for rejection?

If you didn't submit it in the form provided, then where did you submit it?

Confused?

Thanks for the feedback folk, I was not aware that emails weren't working because the email address is currently displayed.
Now, as to PMs, I DID message, in which I included the text of my emails,

Hi
I have sent three emails regarding problems with uploading a story, etc, and have received no response, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

This;
Hi Laurel
Thank you for your wonderful site.
After years of reading I have bitten the bullet and written a story. I have joined up as a member, and have had three attempts at uploading it, with complete lack of success.
I work in IT so I'm sure I've 'ticked all the boxes' in terms of the technical side, but there despite that, I've had no luck.
The first time I tried I got a browser message saying that the file had failed to upload, so I tried to submit it again, only to be told that a story by that name HAD been uploaded, and to try another name. I did that, but still it failed to upload.
Then I read more; your submissions page said that it couldn't accept the file in the format I was using (Microsoft Office 2007), despite the instructions above the submissions box saying it could. So, I converted the Word document to text, and tried again, still no success.
This morning i changed the name of my submission, although not the name of the file, slightly, and tried again, and yet again the process failed when I tried to submit the file. I tried, again, both with the Word file and with the same document in text format.
What am I doing wrong?
Hopefully yours
Paul

was on the 21st of june

I then sent;
Hi folks
I tried to upload a story, but had no success
I sent in a request for help over a week ago, and still haven't heard anything?
Can you get me up to date with what's happening?
Paul

on the 29th

and finally this;

Hi folks, I'm starting to wonder if anyone is alive there, this is the third time I'm trying to contact you, my last two emails have not been acknowledged, and my questions have not been answered??
Paul Hall

on the 5th of July.

I'm quite prepared to believe I've made a mistake somewhere, but I'm pretty familiar with internet forums and stuff, and I'm an IT professional in my job so what I did seemed straightforward, but it didn't work.

I hope you can sort out what's happening for me

Paul

lovelooking99

Again, as I say, I know it's a busy site, but that message hasn't been responded to either.

After years of reading I have bitten the bullet and written a story. I have joined up as a member, and have had three attempts at uploading it, with complete lack of success.
I work in IT so I'm sure I've 'ticked all the boxes' in terms of the technical side, but there despite that, I've had no luck.
The first time I tried I got a browser message saying that the file had failed to upload, so I tried to submit it again, only to be told that a story by that name HAD been uploaded, and to try another name. I did that, but still it failed to upload.

When you visit https://www.literotica.com/members/submissions_view.php do your submitted stories show up at all?

Per the submission guidelines here, .doc is supported but I don't know whether .docx is.

Ok, apparently it was rejected, although I wasn't advised, I guess I had to go and look
it's a long story, very well written, if I say so myself, and I do not have the time, or the inclination to edit it so I'll just forget the whole idea
thanks folks for your help
Paul :)

Ok, apparently it was rejected, although I wasn't advised, I guess I had to go and look
it's a long story, very well written, if I say so myself, and I do not have the time, or the inclination to edit it so I'll just forget the whole idea

You took the time to write, might as well edit and resubmit. The site administrators do seem to try hard at editing and reviewing stories, even if they are not capable of reviewing and fixing their website design. Keep an open mind, read their comments, and perhaps they have a point, and there are areas you can learn from and improve as a writer.

On the other hand: Regarding all the technical errors and amateurish web design, there's just no excuse for a site of this visibility. I suppose maybe they don't have the money, and we should commend them for not having a bunch of sleazy advertisers, but it's a major website, it should at least function correctly.

What other erotica sites do people publish to? You know, just in case a person were to get tired of dealing with the problems here?

Last edited:

Have you clicked on the 'rejected' button to find WHY it was rejected?

How would you liked to be notified? By eMail? By Phone? By carrier pigeon?

It's your submission, go check it. Most authors here check their submission once a day until it's rejected or approved.

As for things not working here...I haven't found anything really broke, yet. There are glitches here and there and if you report them to Manu, they are usually fixed fairly quickly.

Don't forget this site is 19 years old. When it was brand spanking new it was the height of style. Today, it still works well enough that it has the highest readership in the world. To revamp/redesign the site would cost an arm and a leg. Would you donate to do that?

It's real easy to criticize.

If you don't like it here, go build your own site, make it perfect. Then see how many readers you get without any content. Many have tried, many have failed.

Zeb_Carter;69567579....If you don't like it here said:
You seen to be saying that it's unreasonable to think email notifications should work?

They're actually quite close to a perfectly acceptable site, but the basic errors need to go. They just need to acknowledge that they need a little help, and hire a good consultant to show them what to do. The mentoring consultant can be very affordable. Hire them to advise and instruct, not necessarily to do the work. They are out there.

You seen to be saying that it's unreasonable to think email notifications should work?

They're actually quite close to a perfectly acceptable site, but the basic errors need to go. They just need to acknowledge that they need a little help, and hire a good consultant to show them what to do. The mentoring consultant can be very affordable. Hire them to advise and instruct, not necessarily to do the work. They are out there.

And you, who have been here since 2003 but only have 155 posts are...what?

How do you know they don't have experts working on the site? There are changes being made daily, but you haven't been around very much to see them. Unless of course you're an alt troll or a trolls alt.

Of course they should work! But when they aren't there? There are a lot of hooks in the site which haven't been implemented yet. Then again, beggar's can't be choosers.

You want email notification, go create your own site. When Literotica gets around to implementing email notifications it will probably work, except...

How many members have use an email that they remember using here?

Did you use an email you check everyday? Once a week? Once a month? Never?

A lot of things could be coded and implemented, but would it be worth it?

I have been a software engineer for most of my adult life...there were a lot of things that sounded good, looked good in mock up, but just didn't work in real life.

But, it's their site, there money, I don't have a problem with what they are doing.

And to think, they offer you a place to complain for free.

And you, who have been here since 2003 but only have 155 posts are...what?

How do you know they don't have experts working on the site? There are changes being made daily, but you haven't been around very much to see them. Unless of course you're an alt troll or a trolls alt.

Of course they should work! But when they aren't there? There are a lot of hooks in the site which haven't been implemented yet. Then again, beggar's can't be choosers.

You want email notification, go create your own site. When Literotica gets around to implementing email notifications it will probably work, except...

How many members have use an email that they remember using here?

Did you use an email you check everyday? Once a week? Once a month? Never?

A lot of things could be coded and implemented, but would it be worth it?

I have been a software engineer for most of my adult life...there were a lot of things that sounded good, looked good in mock up, but just didn't work in real life.

But, it's their site, there money, I don't have a problem with what they are doing.

And to think, they offer you a place to complain for free.

Question- Who was the first person to cast a personal insult in this thread? Second? Third? Hint: You, you, and you.

So who is the troll here?

Question- Who was the first person to cast a personal insult in this thread? Second? Third? Hint: You, you, and you.

So who is the troll here?

Hmm...so my analysis of your criticism is a personal insult. A little thinned skin aren't we?

Troll? Hardly. I'm not the one complaining about a site that has worked just fine and met the needs of most of its participants for almost two decades.

It seems there are a lot of johnny-come-latelies who complain about something they are getting for free...kind of reminds me of some other people.

If you want to troll about the way the place is run, I suggest you take it to the GB.

Last edited:
The site administrators do seem to try hard at editing and reviewing stories,

The site administrators don't do any editing--and their "reviewing" is limited to scanning and sort of guessing what doesn't follow their guidelines.

And, LoveLooking99, you have every right to be frustrated by the site not working or responding as advertised. It's the best place to reach the greatest number of readers, but it doesn't operate as promised and you have to figure out how to get stuff done here--usually by asking for help on navigation from other users.

Last edited:
Back