Bandit's Blurt and Vent Thread

Just been looking through the Australian immigration website to find out what we need to do to get me permanent residency....god it's demoralising the amount of red tape that's needed :(

As a NZ citizen I'm able to live and work in Australia for as long as I like BUT if anything happens to Sir my carer's benefit will cease and I'll have no income. If I'm a permanent resident I'll be able to access other benefits until I can find work. Plus as a resident I can access other payments such as a carer allowance which is an extra $100/fortnight.

Downside is the fee to apply.....over $2500AU :eek: With no guarantee that the visa will be granted. I'll need a medical check and a criminal records check at my own expense. The medical needs to be done at a special office. The visa application forms need to be lodged in the city. I need all sorts of paperwork that will take ages to get....wondering if it's worth it really :rolleyes:

I hate the heat....it was 30C at 10.30 this morning and supposed to get even hotter later with maybe a storm this evening.
Not looking forward to speedway tomorrow :eek:

I'm going to boxing class tonight, haven't been for a couple of weeks and I need to punch something.....:eek:

Finally got a message from my daughter (after a couple of months, I only knew she was still alive by messages from Mum and my son!) - she has been promoted to 2IC on the dairy farm she works on ("with a raise" :D ) and she's moved out of the one room cottage she was in into a bigger house there. I'm hoping to catch her on the phone this week, she has a week off so maybe I'll get another message in the next few days *fingers crossed*

Otherwise all is ok, we have a 2 day break from dialysis because Sir has an appointment at the eye clinic tomorrow and we are going to a speedway dinner on Thursday night. Our schedule has been "up the wop" lately because of various appointments, I keep forgetting what day it is! :eek:

Haven't posted for a while so here goes :)

Just finished making a new venous buttonhole when the arterial one, which we have been using from day one of this fistula, decided to give up the ghost so I now have to make another one of those. I've done 3 sharps now and the machine pressures are better than they've been for a while so it might have been on its way out for longer than we thought - it was getting harder to put the blunt needle in. Seven more sharps and it will be ready for the blunt.

Sir and I have just celebrated 3 years of marriage, and on Jan 24 2010 I will have been with Him for 6 years. There have been many ups and downs, lots of changes in Sir's health care, and I am really grateful that I have the strength to take whatever life throws at us and cope with everything. Sir calls me His Wonder Woman *smile* :cattail:

I love you so very much Sir :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Haven't posted for a while so here goes :)

Just finished making a new venous buttonhole when the arterial one, which we have been using from day one of this fistula, decided to give up the ghost so I now have to make another one of those. I've done 3 sharps now and the machine pressures are better than they've been for a while so it might have been on its way out for longer than we thought - it was getting harder to put the blunt needle in. Seven more sharps and it will be ready for the blunt.

Sir and I have just celebrated 3 years of marriage, and on Jan 24 2010 I will have been with Him for 6 years. There have been many ups and downs, lots of changes in Sir's health care, and I am really grateful that I have the strength to take whatever life throws at us and cope with everything. Sir calls me His Wonder Woman *smile* :cattail:

I love you so very much Sir :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Congratulations, Wonder Woman!

Sir is finally on the machine despite a terrible time trying to get the arterial cannula in, third time lucky but not until after a bit of a bloody mess and a major stress out. Had to call on all my Wonder Woman powers :eek:

Now major relief all round - until next time! :eek:

We heard this morning that Sir's mother, who turns 79 in January, was trying to help her senile sister in law out of a recliner last night when she fell and is now in hospital with a broken pelvis, stitches in her head, a badly gashed leg and numerous other cuts and bruises.

We've been to see her, no idea when she'll get out of hospital yet. She lives alone, her daughter lives in Canada and we live 25 minutes drive away. What with Sir's health problems there is no way we will be able to move over there to look after her and we live in a unit with stairs so she won't be able to come here (there's no room anyway with all the dialysis supplies and junk in the spare room).

I guess we will have to wait and see what the doctors have to say over the next few days.....:(

We heard this morning that Sir's mother, who turns 79 in January, was trying to help her senile sister in law out of a recliner last night when she fell and is now in hospital with a broken pelvis, stitches in her head, a badly gashed leg and numerous other cuts and bruises.

We've been to see her, no idea when she'll get out of hospital yet. She lives alone, her daughter lives in Canada and we live 25 minutes drive away. What with Sir's health problems there is no way we will be able to move over there to look after her and we live in a unit with stairs so she won't be able to come here (there's no room anyway with all the dialysis supplies and junk in the spare room).

I guess we will have to wait and see what the doctors have to say over the next few days.....:(

Just so the casual on looker dosen't get the wrong idea BANDIT:heart: & I do have a lot of fun & good times.

I'm so sorry.

*hugs*

:rose::rose:

Oh I hope things start going better for you soon. It is said we are not given more to cope with than we are capable of, but for F & I in recent weeks, we are exhausted physically and emotionally and more than wishing whoever sends things our way would not keep thinking we can handle more. I am guessing you both feel a little that way at times like this too.:rose:

Catalina

Thanks for the hugs Fury, they are much needed at times :rose:

Catalina I read about your daughter I do hope you get some good news in January :rose:

It seems like there is always something sent to try us but despite all that we are together for the long haul and we mean the world to each other and are each other's strength.

Sir is finally on the machine despite a terrible time trying to get the arterial cannula in, third time lucky but not until after a bit of a bloody mess and a major stress out. Had to call on all my Wonder Woman powers :eek:

Now major relief all round - until next time! :eek:

Wow...surprised myself both cannulas went in first go :eek: Why can't it be like this every time....:rolleyes:

Sir is very tired and sore from speedway last night so I'm hoping He will sleep a lot today, He didn't get much sleep came in about 5am and up again for breakfast/dialysis at 8.30. Nanna nap time for me this afternoon because it was after midnight when I got to bed and I was up again at 7.30.

The weather is crap again so not much will be happening at our place today :eek:

Catalina I read about your daughter I do hope you get some good news in January :rose:

It seems like there is always something sent to try us but despite all that we are together for the long haul and we mean the world to each other and are each other's strength.

I hear you. My daughter's cancer has been just one of many major stressors thrown our way in the past few weeks. Once again though, as difficult and exhausting as it has all been, it has again shown us how much we mean to each other and how we form a united and supportive front when trouble hits us in regular life. It is reassuring in a way.

Catalina

Sir is booked in late tomorrow morning for another fistulagram. We had some trouble with the arterial pressure being too high early on in dialysis today but (as usual) after we panicked and rang the hospital and got Him booked in things settled back to normal :rolleyes:

He seems to need this done every 5-6 months due to stenosis (narrowing) of the arterial end of the fistula. The last one was on 3rd August last year so we are about due to go through it again. The doctor we go to is very good, Sir does not have to stop any of His blood thinners which makes things easier with no waiting around.

For all those complaining of the cold - come to Sydney where the sweat was running off me when I went out early this afternoon for about 40 minutes. Sir is on dialysis with the portable aircon in the bedroom. Our unit is closed up trying to keep it cool but not really working too well although it is bearable. Currently it's around 30C but seems hotter because it's so sticky :rolleyes:

Sir is booked in late tomorrow morning for another fistulagram. We had some trouble with the arterial pressure being too high early on in dialysis today but (as usual) after we panicked and rang the hospital and got Him booked in things settled back to normal :rolleyes:

He seems to need this done every 5-6 months due to stenosis (narrowing) of the arterial end of the fistula. The last one was on 3rd August last year so we are about due to go through it again. The doctor we go to is very good, Sir does not have to stop any of His blood thinners which makes things easier with no waiting around.

For all those complaining of the cold - come to Sydney where the sweat was running off me when I went out early this afternoon for about 40 minutes. Sir is on dialysis with the portable aircon in the bedroom. Our unit is closed up trying to keep it cool but not really working too well although it is bearable. Currently it's around 30C but seems hotter because it's so sticky :rolleyes:

MY WONDER WOMAN !!!!!!!
Fistulagram op went well & BANDIT:heart: was a bundle of nerves before canulating today but as usual she was fantastic & we had a trouble free day with me on dialysis.

PFFFFT it's not that not here it's just a little warm. :D

MY WONDER WOMAN !!!!!!!
Fistulagram op went well & BANDIT:heart: was a bundle of nerves before canulating today but as usual she was fantastic & we had a trouble free day with me on dialysis.

PFFFFT it's not that not here it's just a little warm. :D

:heart: :kiss: :D

I was a bundle of nerves today as well but both cannulas went in easily, pressures are good and all that stress was for nothing :rolleyes:
I know I am going to stress every time though how much all depends on what happened the previous time.

Hopefully this week we can find some time for US which has been sadly lacking lately.

Also from the What Pissed You Off Today thread:

After getting rid of one cold sore, I wake up this morning with another :mad:
I've been out and bought some L-lysine which is supposed to shorten and prevent future outbreaks, we'll see how that goes.

I suspect I have been under more stress than usual, and my period is due in a couple of days as well :eek:

Poor Sir....this is affecting His sex life....
:(

:heart: :kiss: :D

I was a bundle of nerves today as well but both cannulas went in easily, pressures are good and all that stress was for nothing :rolleyes:
I know I am going to stress every time though how much all depends on what happened the previous time.

Hopefully this week we can find some time for US which has been sadly lacking lately.

Also from the What Pissed You Off Today thread:

After getting rid of one cold sore, I wake up this morning with another :mad:
I've been out and bought some L-lysine which is supposed to shorten and prevent future outbreaks, we'll see how that goes.

I suspect I have been under more stress than usual, and my period is due in a couple of days as well :eek:

Poor Sir....this is affecting His sex life....
:(

What not a word about missing out on your girl girl fun tomorrow? only about Me missing out. :rolleyes:

What not a word about missing out on your girl girl fun tomorrow? only about Me missing out. :rolleyes:

LOL when I posted I didn't know she wasn't coming but all booked in for next week ;)

Tomorrow after the doctor's appointment, lunch and shopping it's our turn....:devil: :eek:

LOL when I posted I didn't know she wasn't coming but all booked in for next week ;)

Tomorrow after the doctor's appointment, lunch and shopping it's our turn....:devil: :eek:

My WONDER WOMAN !

Attachments

• WW4rayne.jpg
    WW4rayne.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 45
I'm wearing Sir's reading glasses. Very sexy! :rolleyes:
Lost one of the screws holding the lens in the frame of mine so have to get that fixed today as well as everything else.

I can't read a thing without my glasses....getting older sucks! :mad:

Whew after 2 days of searing heat in Sydney (up to 40C yesterday :eek: ) it is MUCH cooler today.
We got to the speedway yesterday and didn't even get our bags out of the car before a storm came over with very heavy rain which washed out the night. They are hoping to hold the meeting tonight starting at 5pm but the weather is grey and showery (it's just past 9am right now). Will be keeping an eye on their website in case it's called off again!

I was in bed before 10pm last night, the heat is making me tired and headachy these days.

Today marks 6 years since I moved to be with Sir. If anything the love has grown over time and is still growing :) I now know what it's like to be loved for ME. He loves me despite my imperfections (and lack of housework lol) :D

Hoo boy can I relate, being an expat Kiwi ;)

DIARY OF A NEW ZEALANDER IN QUEENSLAND .

August 31- Just transferred to our new home in Brisbane Queensland . Now this is a town that knows how to live! Beautiful, sunny days and warm, balmy evenings. I watched the sunset from a deckchair by the pool yesterday. It was beautiful. I've finally found my new home. I love it here.

September 13- Really heating up now. It got to 31 today. No problem though. Living in air-conditioned home, driving air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a sun-worshipper.

September 30th - Had the back yard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of palms and rocks. No more mowing lawns for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

October 10th - The temperature hasn't been below 35 all week. How do
people get used to this kind of heat? At least today it's windy though. Keeps the flies off a bit. Acclimatizing is taking longer than I expected.

October 15th - Fell asleep by the pool yesterday. Got third degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed three days of work. What a dumb thing to do! Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

October 20th - Didn't notice Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the Mazda before I left for work this morning. By the time I got back to the car after work, Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stuck to the upholstery. The car now smells like Whiskettes and cat shit. I've earned my lesson though: no more pets in this heat.

October 25 - This wind is a bastard. It feels like a giant fuckin' blow dryer. And it's hot as hell! The home air conditioner is on the blink and the repair man charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needs to order parts from fuckin' Sydney ....

October 30th - The temperature's up around 40 and the parts still haven't arrived for the fuckin' aircon. Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. Bloody $600,000 house and we can't even go inside. Why the hell did I ever come here?

November 4 - Finally got the ol' aircon fixed. It cost $1,500 and gets the temperature down to around 25 degrees, but the humidity makes it feel about 30. Stupid repairman.

November 8 - If one more smart arse says 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to fuckin' throttle him. Fuckin' heat! By the time I get to work, the car's radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking fuckin' wet and I smell like baked cat!

November 9 Tried to run some errands after work, wore shorts, and sat on the black leather upholstery in the ol' car. I thought my fuckin' arse was on fire. I lost two layers of flesh, all the hair on the backs of my legs and my fuckin' arse. Now the car smells like burnt hair, fried arse and baked cat!

November 10 - Weather report! It might as well be a fuckin' recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny, Hot and fuckin' sunny! It's been too hot to do anything for two fuckin' months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week.

November 15 - Doesn't it ever rain in this damn fuckin' place? Water restrictions will be next, so my $5,000 worth of palms might just dry up and blow into the fuckin' pool. The only things that thrive in this hell-hole are the fuckin' flies. You don't dare open your mouth for fear of swallowing half a dozen of the fuckers!

November 20th - Welcome to HELL! It got to 45 fuckin' degrees today. Now the air conditioner's gone in my car. The repair man came to fix it and said, 'Hot enough for you today?' I had to spend the $2,500 mortgage payment to bail me out of jail for assaulting the stupid fucker. Fuckin' Brisbane! What kind of sick, demented fuckin' idiot would want to live here!

December 1 - WHAT!!!!

The first day of Summer!!!!

You are fuckin' kidding!

:D

Whew after 2 days of searing heat in Sydney (up to 40C yesterday :eek: ) it is MUCH cooler today.
We got to the speedway yesterday and didn't even get our bags out of the car before a storm came over with very heavy rain which washed out the night. They are hoping to hold the meeting tonight starting at 5pm but the weather is grey and showery (it's just past 9am right now). Will be keeping an eye on their website in case it's called off again!

I was in bed before 10pm last night, the heat is making me tired and headachy these days.

Today marks 6 years since I moved to be with Sir. If anything the love has grown over time and is still growing :) I now know what it's like to be loved for ME. He loves me despite my imperfections (and lack of housework lol) :D

The last 6 years have been the best of my life even with my poor health, you have stepped up every time there has been a problem & helped conquer them all & again make the point you are my WONDER WOMAN !!!!!

May our love keep growing for the next 6years & beyond, I love you. :heart:

Hoo boy can I relate, being an expat Kiwi ;)

DIARY OF A NEW ZEALANDER IN QUEENSLAND .

August 31- Just transferred to our new home in Brisbane Queensland . Now this is a town that knows how to live! Beautiful, sunny days and warm, balmy evenings. I watched the sunset from a deckchair by the pool yesterday. It was beautiful. I've finally found my new home. I love it here.

September 13- Really heating up now. It got to 31 today. No problem though. Living in air-conditioned home, driving air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a sun-worshipper.

September 30th - Had the back yard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of palms and rocks. No more mowing lawns for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

October 10th - The temperature hasn't been below 35 all week. How do
people get used to this kind of heat? At least today it's windy though. Keeps the flies off a bit. Acclimatizing is taking longer than I expected.

October 15th - Fell asleep by the pool yesterday. Got third degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed three days of work. What a dumb thing to do! Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

October 20th - Didn't notice Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the Mazda before I left for work this morning. By the time I got back to the car after work, Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stuck to the upholstery. The car now smells like Whiskettes and cat shit. I've earned my lesson though: no more pets in this heat.

October 25 - This wind is a bastard. It feels like a giant fuckin' blow dryer. And it's hot as hell! The home air conditioner is on the blink and the repair man charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needs to order parts from fuckin' Sydney ....

October 30th - The temperature's up around 40 and the parts still haven't arrived for the fuckin' aircon. Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. Bloody $600,000 house and we can't even go inside. Why the hell did I ever come here?

November 4 - Finally got the ol' aircon fixed. It cost $1,500 and gets the temperature down to around 25 degrees, but the humidity makes it feel about 30. Stupid repairman.

November 8 - If one more smart arse says 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to fuckin' throttle him. Fuckin' heat! By the time I get to work, the car's radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking fuckin' wet and I smell like baked cat!

November 9 Tried to run some errands after work, wore shorts, and sat on the black leather upholstery in the ol' car. I thought my fuckin' arse was on fire. I lost two layers of flesh, all the hair on the backs of my legs and my fuckin' arse. Now the car smells like burnt hair, fried arse and baked cat!

November 10 - Weather report! It might as well be a fuckin' recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny, Hot and fuckin' sunny! It's been too hot to do anything for two fuckin' months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week.

November 15 - Doesn't it ever rain in this damn fuckin' place? Water restrictions will be next, so my $5,000 worth of palms might just dry up and blow into the fuckin' pool. The only things that thrive in this hell-hole are the fuckin' flies. You don't dare open your mouth for fear of swallowing half a dozen of the fuckers!

November 20th - Welcome to HELL! It got to 45 fuckin' degrees today. Now the air conditioner's gone in my car. The repair man came to fix it and said, 'Hot enough for you today?' I had to spend the $2,500 mortgage payment to bail me out of jail for assaulting the stupid fucker. Fuckin' Brisbane! What kind of sick, demented fuckin' idiot would want to live here!

December 1 - WHAT!!!!

The first day of Summer!!!!

You are fuckin' kidding!

:D

LOL, see this is just what I am trying to explain to everyone here who looks at me strange when I smile in delight at the cold and snow. They cannot understand why I would leave sunny Queensland, and why even more, I tell F he is crazy when he starts on about how we should move back there!! I tell them pictures and documentaries look wonderful, but they cannot the heat (and humidity combo) that is fairly average 24/7 in Oz. Sheesh, we usually get about 3-5 weeks of coming close to it here, and after the first 2 weeks the locals are all tired of it and complaining constantly...and they can't understand why I am glad to be out of it when it was nearly year round?!!

Catalina

Well....I'm now officially menopausal :mad:

After 3 months or more of horrible hot flashes and dripping sweat, I went to the doctor and am going to start HRT (Angeliq 1/2). The pill I am on doesn't seem to have enough estrogen to stop the hot flashes (30 micrograms as opposed to 1mg for the HRT pill).

This new pill is one which is taken continuously so I may end up having NO periods at all (yay for that!) but could also have irregular spotting/bleeding until my body gets used to it (which will be a pain in the bum for a while :rolleyes: ). However I'll do anything and put up with anything just so I can get rid of the horrible sweats.

Back