What little kindness did you today?

Awesome! Did he see you coming or, was this a random act of disco?

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad week. Best wishes for a happy Christmas and shine-y new year.

I was kind of standing there looking at the cakes and wiggling to the music a little then he came out to serve me and ... random act of disco!

Thanks, ppl, life has a way of pulling the rug out from under you sometimes. :rose:

A wiggling woman is a terrible thing to waste :D. Sorry life is treating you badly. Here's to blue skies ahead.

Last edited:
I went to buy a cake for work during the week and as I walked into the cake shop, which is actually a huge workshop where they bake and decorate etc as well as sell a small selection of cakes to the public, this music was blaring. I mean enveloped your whole body as you walked in blaring. Then out of nowhere my gorgeous store owner moves toward me as if on a dance floor, he takes my hands and we dance. Right there in the store until the music stops.

In a week full of tears and worries and awful news he gave me three minutes and sixteen seconds of absolute joy.

In case you’re wondering and feel the need to dance it all away - Viola Wills - Gonna Get Along Without You Now.

Kinda reminds me of when my boss took my hand last night and we danced on the dance floor at the Christmas party...wasn't expecting that.

What a nice story ! I could just see you dancing!

I went to buy a cake for work during the week and as I walked into the cake shop, which is actually a huge workshop where they bake and decorate etc as well as sell a small selection of cakes to the public, this music was blaring. I mean enveloped your whole body as you walked in blaring. Then out of nowhere my gorgeous store owner moves toward me as if on a dance floor, he takes my hands and we dance. Right there in the store until the music stops.

In a week full of tears and worries and awful news he gave me three minutes and sixteen seconds of absolute joy.

In case you’re wondering and feel the need to dance it all away - Viola Wills - Gonna Get Along Without You Now.

Lovely stuff, Lustrous One! Thanks for sharing, as I'm sure it brightened the day of many.

I'm going to print this off and draw a counter with some pretty cakes and delicious baked goods on it later.
You will get a tiara (obviously) and the fella is going to get an apron that says "They see me Rollin', they hatin'", but you won't be able to read it because of how he is standing.

Nobody puts Rainy in a corner.

tumblr_p12fpmOkIl1tho4fro1_1280.jpg

Yesterday a young lady at the customer service department of a store had given me the answer I needed to find something. I took the time to come back and say thank you. She was thankful and surprised I did that. She said in the job she has, she very rarely gets a thank you, just complaints, and she really needed that. I wished her a happy Valentine's Day, gave her a hug and put some of my roll on perfume (Flowerbomb) on her wrists and neck. That not only lifted her spirits but hopefully inspired her to keep that smile all day.

Last edited:
I struggle with answering this.

The little kindness I do day to day, I was taught that the only way to know I'd done them "for the right reason" was if "no one knows you did it". Granted, sometimes the person you helped knows, but at times, even they don't. The idea being, the kindness shouldn't be done for the sake of praise.

i didn't knock down and kick anyone who got in my way or stab anyone who annoyed me. but, the day isn't over.

The kindness shouldn't be done for the sake of praise.

No, kindness should not be done for the sake of praise but acts of kindness are inspiring and inspire kindness in others (IMO). We read the occasional viral news story about someone doing something nice, and maybe see something on the evening news but other than that kindness often goes unnoticed. We don't often hear people encouraging kindness. No one says "I saw a great act of kindness today!", let me tell you about it!

Kindness needs to be advertised if it is to be encouraged. So while kindness should be a pure gesture, it is important to let people know when you did something nice. Just my opinion, and the reason that I started this thread.

As for me, today I began searching for a book to help a friend through a problem.

Yesterday a young lady at the customer service department of a store had given me the answer I needed to find something. I took the time to come back and say thank you. She was thankful and surprised I did that. She said in the job she has, she very rarely gets a thank you, just complaints, and she really needed that. I wished her a happy Valentine's Day, gave her a hug and put some of my roll on perfume (Flowerbomb) on her wrists and neck. That not only lifted her spirits but hopefully inspired her to keep that smile all day.

This is awesome! We definitely need to compliment people more often when they do a good job. Especially in retail, but even less visible jobs can be made lighter with an encouraging word.

I helped someone get some things out the door, reminded him that he forgot to take his drink with him, then removed the key from the lock and reminded him to take that. Also made dinner for him which I would normally do but went to the store and bought his favorite meat and fruit.

I struggle with answering this.

The little kindness I do day to day, I was taught that the only way to know I'd done them "for the right reason" was if "no one knows you did it". Granted, sometimes the person you helped knows, but at times, even they don't. The idea being, the kindness shouldn't be done for the sake of praise.

I was brought up this way as well. Most things I do for someone will remain a mystery to them.

But if I had to share one it would be yesterday while running errands...... a homeless man came up to me asking for money. I was about to walk into a restaurant and asked him if he would like a meal instead. The restaurant manager would not allow him to enter the dining area at first but I threatened to take my business elsewhere and tell my friends and colleagues to do the same if he didn't treat this man with dignity.

He was allowed to order and I paid for his meal but he wouldn't stay and eat there. He took it and left after thanking me. I told that manager I would make sure to tell everyone I knew how he treated this poor soul. He was not dressed indecently or covered in grime and/or filth. He seemed to simply be a man down on his luck. It's pouring rain right now and I wonder if he found shelter and is okay. I wish I could do more for him.

I love this :):):):) What a blessing. :heart:

This didn’t happen today but it’s probably the sweetest kindness that I’ve ever encountered. I think it may have had a lifelong effect on me.

The sweetest thing happened to me today. It kinda restored my faith in humanity.

We ran into Wawa this morning to get gas and breakfast. While Jack pumped gas I went inside to try to find something that I could eat. An elderly little black gentleman held the first set of doors open for me and waited for me to go in. I’m not moving at my regular hair on fire pace these days but he waited patiently for me. I thanked him and commented as I always do that chivalry isn’t dead. I got to the second set of doors and reached out to open it. He spoke up from behind me and said, “Ma’am, please allow me.” I responded, “That’s so very sweet. Thank you!”

He replied, “It’s my honor.” I melted on the spot.

Just imagine what a much better world it would be if we all treated each other like that every day.

Last week I went to a restaurant in the neighborhood that is known for bad service. It was the waiter's 3rd day there. He was so nice, patient, generous and courteous that I gave him his tip early and it was a little bigger than I usually give because of the care and concern he'd given. I'm posting this not to brag, but kindness begets kindness. He did an awesome job and that should be rewarded, especially when he made time for me and anticipated my requests before I could ask. I gave him his tip early and shared, never change the kindness of your heart in what you do.

I like to keep a case or two of water in my trunk on hot days...and if I see lawn guys or construction workers...I stop and hand it out. Water is life!

I gathered up all the flowers in the lounge and office areas and gave them to patients as i made my rounds. They need them more than the staff does.

I have been helping a classmate to pass our class. It is taking more time than I expected to get the basics down, but with some persistence on her part I think that she should be able to pass the next exam.

My former mil is 98. I was her designated driver last week. I'm grateful for the opportunity.

Back