What did you dream? Tell it in five sentences or fewer.

DeepGreenEyes

Whittled
As someone more poetic than I once said, dreams are the mystical things that open — like doors or gates — to other places that reveal things we aren't even aware of.

And sometimes they're just fucking crazy.

In five sentences or fewer, what did you dream last night?

Last edited:
I was playing Jesus (!) in a play, with the beard, the robe, the sandals, everything. I suddenly realized I'd been too busy to memorize my lines, so I suggested to the director that I carry a worn scroll and "consult" it regularly. During a break at rehearsal, I strolled down in full garb to a book-sale that was going on to support the play.

There, intently deciding whether to purchase an old Nick Lowe CD, was Keroin.

I rarely can remember dreams much past when I wake up, but I'm pretty sure the last one that caused me to wake with cold sweat involved far too many cats, a late term paper, and not being able to find my way out of a 2,000-room classroom building. Oh, or maybe it was a golf course clubhouse with no exit. Sartre would be proud.

I rarely can remember dreams much past when I wake up, but I'm pretty sure the last one that caused me to wake with cold sweat involved far too many cats, a late term paper, and not being able to find my way out of a 2,000-room classroom building. Oh, or maybe it was a golf course clubhouse with no exit. Sartre would be proud.

Were the cats teaching or attending class? Or caddying?

It's okay. When you have a dream and need to spew it you can document it here.

Are you kidding....weird ?
This morning:
Was being chased by a crazed grocery shopper, i flew to escape her, hiding atop shelves filled with cocoa and bullion powder. I also moved through a school gym where sychronized dancing was blocking my way. Ended with me giving a SOCK to a child to comfort her after a dental extraction.
WTF ?

Everybody dreams, but I don't remember mine. I'm OK with that, because the rare time I do remember a dream, because it's so rare, I get it confused with reality.

OK, nothing to see here. Move on.

My leg quite suddenly, quite alarmingly, and rather inconveniently turned into a balloon. Just the one leg... :confused: I forced it down with my hands and walked on.

Last night I was drifting in a kelp forest. Whenever I tried to swim to the surface, the seaweed would tug me down a little deeper. Small segments of obnoxious pop songs began to repeat. I opened my mouth to protest, but only bubbles came out! I can't decide whether it was a good dream or not.

An odd one this morning...get-together with fellow SCA artisans and for some reason I was kneading different colors of clay together.

A nightmare from childhood woke me in the early hours today, complete with cold sweat and racing heart. A black and white affair, in old movie style, where a Frankenstein-like monster pursued me in a slow, methodical, and unrelenting pace. I ran and ran, but no matter how fast I fled or how far I traveled I couldn’t escape. Every time I slowed, or thought I’d put some distance between us, there he was, coming for me.

I used to have them quite regularly; not a particularly pleasant blast from the past. :(

A nightmare from childhood woke me in the early hours today, complete with cold sweat and racing heart. A black and white affair, in old movie style, where a Frankenstein-like monster pursued me in a slow, methodical, and unrelenting pace. I ran and ran, but no matter how fast I fled or how far I traveled I couldn’t escape. Every time I slowed, or thought I’d put some distance between us, there he was, coming for me.

I used to have them quite regularly; not a particularly pleasant blast from the past. :(

I had a recurring nightmare for years in my late teens and early twenties. Sorry to hear about yours coming back to haunt you!:(

I rarely remember what I dream and when I do, it's usually to comfused to describe.
This morning before waking up though, I had one so clear it almost seems like a memory of something that actually happened.

We spent time with friends of my mother who had a son my age or a bit older and very rude, to the point where I spoke up about it.
Later I find out that the son and I are supposed to host a charity function together.
I bump into the father of this man at a restaurant and he says I should be the bigger person, let the son behave like he wants and make sure the job gets done.
I found the father strangely attractive for some reason.
The alarm saved me from answering.

Here is how I have rid myself of recurring dreams...
Find something that represents the monster - a doll might be best if you can find one. If not, draw something, put together your own doll, use the cover of a CD or DVD, pic out of a magazine, anything that will represent in your head.
Take it outside and destroy it! Burn it, stomp it into the ground, tear it up, whatever you do, make it as physical as possible. You want to be out of breath when you are done! You will probably never have the dream again. But if you do, you will be able to defeat the monster this time, or evade him, or aliens will swoop in and destroy him :)
You're welcome! :rose:

I'm not sure I want to know!

Ok, I admit. I don't know, and I just wanted to fuck with you a little :p I couldn't restrain myself on that one, sorry! :D

Last edited:
Here is how I have rid myself of recurring dreams...
Find something that represents the monster - a doll might be best if you can find one. If not, draw something, put together your own doll, use the cover of a CD or DVD, pic out of a magazine, anything that will represent in your head.
Take it outside and destroy it! Burn it, stomp it into the ground, tear it up, whatever you do, make it as physical as possible. You want to be out of breath when you are done! You will probably never have the dream again. But if you do, you will be able to defeat the monster this time, or evade him, or aliens will swoop in and destroy him :)
You're welcome! :rose:

Ok, I admit. I don't know, and I just wanted to fuck with you a little :p I couldn't restrain myself on that one, sorry! :D

What, with the Collar and the Cuffs and you still can't restrain yourself!:eek:

I was arranging many different lush and vibrant bouquets of flowers in glass vases on a huge glossy rosewood table. I kept shifting them around to find the way to display them all so that none of the flowers were hidden or lost in the shadows of another. One was a completely dried dozen of red roses that were without water, but somehow still held their color and unique beauty. That one was maybe different, but somehow still completely belonged to the table of flowers. All of a sudden, I was done and stepped back as a sense of satisfaction washed over me knowing that the table was just right.

I was arranging many different lush and vibrant bouquets of flowers in glass vases on a huge glossy rosewood table. I kept shifting them around to find the way to display them all so that none of the flowers were hidden or lost in the shadows of another. One was a completely dried dozen of red roses that were without water, but somehow still held their color and unique beauty. That one was maybe different, but somehow still completely belonged to the table of flowers. All of a sudden, I was done and stepped back as a sense of satisfaction washed over me knowing that the table was just right.

Wait... no aliens? No morphing vases or flowers, no floors that collapse, no sudden celestial events? :confused: I didn't know dreams like that were possible... :D

Wait... no aliens? No morphing vases or flowers, no floors that collapse, no sudden celestial events? :confused: I didn't know dreams like that were possible... :D

Right? What was most odd about it was how simple and quiet it was. Maybe aliens and celestial events are more of a Wednesday night gig for my brain? *shrug*

I was driving a car when I realized that I don't know how to drive, so I simply let go of the steering wheel, because clearly someone else must have been driving for me all along. The car kept on going and took me to an abandoned gold mine, the cartoonish old west kind with wooden carts and sticks of dynamite. I walked towards the mine because I wanted to see what's in there and a huge marching band of clowns came out. It was supposed to be a secret and I shouldn't have seen the clown marching band, so when the clowns noticed me, they started to throw chunks of gold at me. I started to run back to my car and woke up.

Why I didn't pick up the chunks of gold I'll never understand.

I was driving a car when I realized that I don't know how to drive, so I simply let go of the steering wheel, because clearly someone else must have been driving for me all along. The car kept on going and took me to an abandoned gold mine, the cartoonish old west kind with wooden carts and sticks of dynamite. I walked towards the mine because I wanted to see what's in there and a huge marching band of clowns came out. It was supposed to be a secret and I shouldn't have seen the clown marching band, so when the clowns noticed me, they started to throw chunks of gold at me. I started to run back to my car and woke up.

Why I didn't pick up the chunks of gold I'll never understand.

Really? That's the part you wonder about? :confused:
So a marching band of clowns, and a car that can drive you to the old west by itself are unremarkable. Ok! :p
I do love the way everything seems normal in a dream...

Really? That's the part you wonder about? :confused:
So a marching band of clowns, and a car that can drive you to the old west by itself are unremarkable. Ok! :p
I do love the way everything seems normal in a dream...

Clowns, cars, gold mines, it's all business as usual. Large chunks of gold are less common. :)

I was an apple last night ( with my own head). People were nibbling at me but no one would take a damn big bite. It was erotic, but I knew the big bite would bring both orgasm and death ( i was dreaming this 'in French' I think so linguistic jump smaller. I just wanted the big bite.

I don't think it requires much complicated analysis; I love apples.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have never had a dream where I was literally being eaten! Ummm :eek:...as in people taking actual bites out of me....

Back