Tolyk's Gallery

Yeah, wood bison, at my local zoo. Had a 450mm lens, so figured I may as well look up his nostrils

We have some locally, but I have not had the opportunity to take pics, and currently do not have a long lens for my better camera.

I Do need to get to the Detroit and Toledo Zoos again, I have not been to either in a l-o-n-g time.
 
Screw it, I'll post one of them for a short duration:

And gone
 
Last edited:
Well, I just realized I've barely posted any photos at all, so here's a few more.

Some shots from my trip to Halifax

I like them all but #1 and #3 are my favorites. They remind me paintings.

You are an extraordinary talent.
 
Here's one I realized I never shared:

29086720374_2625053056_b.jpg

Oh this one is fantastic.
 
The previous shot was captured right before I did a large panoramic image:

24073440216_fc5fd33139_b.jpg

This one ^^ just grabbed me. All your photos are very good. Excellent perspective you have.

And that wood bison...stellar.

Thanks for sharing! :)
 
This one ^^ just grabbed me. All your photos are very good. Excellent perspective you have.

And that wood bison...stellar.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Thanks very much for stopping in :) hoping to get out and do some new images soon
 
I'm in awe! You are exceptionally talented, Sir.

You're ability to evoke emotions in others by conveying a story with your camera is extraordinary. The scenery is breathtakingly majestic and it's simply amazing how you capture every minute detail in your close up photos.

Hopefully, your work is hanging in a gallery.

Thank you so much for sharing your work here.
 
I'm in awe! You are exceptionally talented, Sir.

You're ability to evoke emotions in others by conveying a story with your camera is extraordinary. The scenery is breathtakingly majestic and it's simply amazing how you capture every minute detail in your close up photos.

Hopefully, your work is hanging in a gallery.

Thank you so much for sharing your work here.
Thank you for the extraordinary praise! My work is not in a gallery, but in a few homes :p
 
You're more than welcome. You should seriously consider having a showing.

I've contemplated it, but I haven't shot enough new content for my liking. My photography skill has improved and I don't really want to do a showing with my older work at this point.

If you have any interest in action shots, I shoot some boxing that I don't share here. Can send you a link.
 
I've contemplated it, but I haven't shot enough new content for my liking. My photography skill has improved and I don't really want to do a showing with my older work at this point.

If you have any interest in action shots, I shoot some boxing that I don't share here. Can send you a link.


Boxing is one of my favorite sports and I'd love to see your action shots. Please feel free to send the link.
 
Wow!!!

I haven't looked through all 25 pages but what I did see is amazing my friend!!!

Thanks sexy! :) I've grown a lot in the last few years, I feel. Quite happy with my skills, but always room to keep growing :)
 
I think I commented on that panorama shot of the mountain range, but the stream/river shot is quite lovely. And that bison up close and personal shot is something else. I don't know how domesticated (zoo) bison act, but I imagine you used a telephoto lens. I believe bison are similar to a bull as the easiest place to hide from a bull is point blank in front of them (they cant see whats directly ahead of them).
 
Here's one I realized I never shared:

29086720374_2625053056_b.jpg

I thought I had commented before on this fine image. I visited a Bison Farm in the South of England a few years ago. They had a Bison head on the wall in their reception, it's amazing how thick their hair is on their forehead. You can bury your hand in it.
 
Wow, amazing Tolyk! I never saw the bison one before.

I go to Yellowstone and other National Parks a lot and they run free there. I've camped beside a bison herd (didn't know it until they were breathing next to my tent). I wouldn't want to get too close! What lens did you use?
 
Back
Top