Through Darkest of Nights (Closed)

TirithIre

Literotica Guru
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Posts
22,439
" What do you mean you want to take the heart??"

Erys (pronounced Aeris) looked at the other demigods who were clustered around the camp. Through all his life he had known that he was a demigod... it wasn't something that one necessarily thought of. This most recent idea proposed by Helios though was one of the most contrived that he had ever heard.

" Exactly what I said... if we take the heart of the mountain we can have all that power for ourselves. If anything we can..."

Erys rolled his eyes as Helios went on and on... the others were listening of course... the children of the gods weren't so easily swayed, and while some were trouble makers, Eris had actually made a name in legends and rumors in the human world by bringing winds to the skies and warm days. He may be one of the sons of chaos, but he seemed dedicated to proving who your parents were would not dictate who you would become.

" Come on Erys, don't you ever get tired of the gods having ALL the power??"

Helios was still pushing it, and being the young demi god that Erys was after another few hours he found himself following the others. In the end the five of them were the only one's to actually take the journey to the mountaion of the gods. In the center rumors said was the heart, a gem which supposedly would gift the possessor with the power of creation.

" We should turn back..."

He spoke up again, trying to speak reason to the others... and yet as Helios was about to turn and tell Erys off once again for his doubting, they were hushed by the passage which they had been traveling opening into a massive cavernous like room. On the far side about fifty feet in the air the glowing heart sat nestled. Even Erys had to fall quiet at that.

" Go on... you're the best one to get it Erys..."

Helios goaded his brother and rolling his eyes Erys did call upon the wind... picking him up and carrying him up to the heart, as he flew up though he felt how wrong this was. He was about to take the heart but just as he was about to pull his hand back as well and turn to tell Helios that they didn't need this power... he hadn't seen how Helios had silently slid his dagger from his belt, ready to kill his brother. Unbeknownst to Erys this 'mission' wasn't actually about getting the heart... but rather getting rid of his pesky brother!

Erys barely saw the flash, but it was enough for him to dodge back, pushing away Helios was after him, cackling madly as the man seemed half mad with the prospect of getting rid of Erys. Erys, the favored son... Erys, the son who always did right... Helios was sick of it. Yet seeing that he wouldn't catch Erys, Helios snatched up a rock in his hand, imbuing it with godly power he shot it at Erys, who, turning just as it reached him felt his world go white as the rock made contact with his left temple. Staggering and bloody, Erys didn't realize how close to the edge of the mountain he was at all. He could feel his blood dripping down his face as another rock made contact in the same spot and then everything was black.

For Helios, he watched his brother fall from the edge with satisfaction. There was no way Erys would survive the fall, so Helios turned and passing the others with a wild and dangerous look, Helios stormed up and snatching the heart from it's place the entire mountain and world seemed to shake.

From the mortals world, it certainly did shake, but even more so in the night sky it looked like a falling star was crashing from the sky. Erys fell and fell... and Helios WOULD have been right had Erys not crashed down into the ocean. from there he wasn't far from the native tribal lands of the south. Lush, warm lands that were ripe with fruit and cattle, people there didn't leave very often.

A few weeks later though the rumors began of a strange man who had golden eyes and silver hair who wandered the forests. No one actually went near him, thinking that he was some kind of demon they all stayed away of course... but word did spread as well... the harvest was dying. The heart could create... but once taken from it's place unless focus on maintaining the lands from the gods was maintained the world's lush islands began to wither and die. Far off in the most remote islands first... but rumors were that the gods had forsaken the mortals... some even whispered that this was the end of all times!
 
“ARE YOU INSANE!!! You especially can't leave the island!”

Kyriea cried out to her best friend while slipping into the caverns behind the great waterfall. It is a place where the ships were hidden away to be forgotten and Myaleni had decided it was time to take one of the smaller ones out. There isn't a chance in hell she can use one of the big ships, she couldn't even get it out into the sea, let alone handle it on her own.

“Look, that falling star has something to do with this illness.. I know it does. No one else is going after it, or trying to find answers. I saw where it landed, it isn't that far from here, I promise I will be back before anyone noitces I'm gone..”

That was a lie of course, she had no idea where it landed nor how far out she truly needed to go. For all she knew it would lead her into the middle of the ocean that will swallow her whole. Yet, the earth and the wind told her to go, she has seen the trail of energy leading in the direction of that falling star. It has only been getting stronger as the days go on, with the land getting sicker... She knew that falling star had something to do with it.

“It is forbidden to leave, what will I tell your father if he asks? He will want to destroy these ships once he finds out you took one..”

Kyreia was doing everything in her power to convince her best friend to stay, even attempting to get in her way, pulling things out of her bag. Though, Myaleni just smirked and put the supplies back into the bag, grabbing away and stuffing into the space under the boats flooring. While her friend rambled on and on, giving reasons as to why she couldn't go, Myaleni thought about the day when she saw the falling star.

It was a very clear day and she saw it fall in the distance while she was sitting her favorite hiding place... Which isn't much of a secret since the island isn't that huge and the tribe knew every inch of it. She knew every inch of it, there was nothing left for her to explore and she wanted to explore beyond the bordering reef.

“Just tell him I went on an adventure... That isn't anything new to him and he'll know that I'll be gone for hours..”

Myaleni shrugged and pushed the boat out into the oceans water, finishing up with the little details of preparing it.

“Do you even know how to handle that thing? You've never been out in the waters with that thing, you are going to get yourself killed... You know that don't you?”

Kyreia sulked and gave in to help pack the rest of her supplies with tears threatening to break free.

“It can't be that difficult, there's nothing complicated on it, clearly made for a single person... Don't worry, I promise I will return. I just know that star is the answer... It is my responsibility to do something, to find a solution before our people die of starvation.”

Myaleni hugged her friend tightly and kissed her cheek before taking off into the wild oceans. Of course she was terrified and had no clue of how to work this boat, yet she had to try.... Her people depended on her.

It took her a few hours to learn how to control the boat properly, even then it still battled with her against the rougher waters. It was almost sundown by the time she reached one of the neighboring islands, which she was told would take weeks to get to. That made her wonder how many other lies her father told about the dangers of the sea.

All the same, she knew he told those lies for her protection and just wanted to keep her on the island. However, the island is sick and her father is certainly not going to do anything to save it.... Not that she knew how to save it... Only going off rumors of some heart of the earth and that something had to of happened to it. She wondered if that falling star was that heart, that perhaps that is what fell from the skies. If that is the case......

The sea guided her to an island that is bigger than hers, the strong waves making her crash onto the shore since she didn't know how to stop. The crash stunned her for several long moments and took some time for her to wake up, blurry vision taking in her surroundings. It didn't feel as though nothing was broken, from what she can tell, her boat wasn't totally damaged.

The trail that she has been following all this time is strong in this area, glowing like a rooted vine in the ground leading into the depths of the forest. For now, she wasn't in any position to move just yet, closing her eyes again to rest for a few moments longer... only... she fell asleep again.
 
Through shadows rise and dusk does fall, a hero will rise to see evil fall...

The words of course were of an old tale... a song as old as time itself. For once many years prior there had been one of the elders of her tribe. Those who had known her had always thought that she was a bit crazy, and yet the tales of gods and men had been strung into tales and songs for remembrance.

Yet for Erys as the world had come back into view from the darkness, he found only confusion in his way. Silvery golden eyes blinked once, twice before he looked down at himself. He didn't recognize himself, which of course was incredibly frightening... and yet his inner being, the core of who he was came to recognize basic things after a few days. The rumors of the silver haired man on the island didn't only reach the mortals... but also to the heavens themselves.

The full gods ignored such things... After all men had their stories and even if they did wipe themselves out the balance of the world would have a new people rise within a few millenia... but when Helios heard of the silver haired man he frowned deeply.

" Come forth shadows, come forth..."

the demigod stalked into the summoning circle as he muttered the words, his right hand holding the heart as he called forth the shadows themselves. Five spectral beings swirled up and took form from the decay of the world... All were mindless in intent until given orders.

" Find Erys... if he lives, kill him."

The shadows' eyes seemed to flash with recognition before small tornado's of energy took off from the heavens and descended to the earth. Like Myaleni the shadows could see godly energy, though how a mere human would have been able to see such a path was certainly a mystery. As she managed to make it to the island, so too did three of the shadows. Having taken a day to track the energy, and having not yet found Erys the shadows glided over the water of the ocean and landed upon the beach

As Myaleni rested, an uneasy feeling entered into her mind as the shadows approached. Unlike the falling star's energy which seemed neutral and not meaning any harm the shadows' energy spoke of nothing but death. Myaleni was shaken awake by this feeling... and yet before she could settle herself that she was just being silly she could see a black form take shape.

Where is he?? There was no one else on this part of the island... and the shadow which formed was 'standing' about fifty paces away. Yet she could hear the things words just fine. Before she could answer a second shadow took shape to her left, closer to the shore. Even as she took up the bow and arrow which she had used to hunt before she could see the shadows were seemingly 'talking' between themselves.

Just as she was about to run the third one appeared in her path and charged towards her. Firing the arrow impacted the shadow and displaced it for a moment... opening a path for her to run but even as she ran through she could see the shadow re-forming as the other two were after her as well.

Kill her... no witnesses!

The shadows whispers seemed to reach into her very mind... and yet as she ran and ran, dodging and stumbling at first she was able to keep good distance. After all she was lighter and more nimble than the shadow conjurations, and yet her arrows of course did nothing to other worldly beings. As she turned her head to keep an eye on the chasing shadows she didn't see the vine which was crossing the path, just high enough to catch her ankle and with a shrill cry she skidded onto her side, crashing through the forest.

No witnesses... no one lives... his orders...

The words were echoed from the shadows as they closed in... each seeming to form a spear with their entire arm which just as she closed her eyes anticipating her impending death... there was nothing. As she would dare to open her eyes she would see a rags hunched on a man who had jumped between her and the shadows. Reflexively he had caught the shadows thrusted weapon with his arm... his eyes seeming to glow with some form of other worldly power.

It's him, he lives... inform the master...

Yet as the lead shadow was about to give further instructions it was literally blown apart by a thrusted palm which struck it, and unlike Myaleni's arrows the palm made full contact, seeming to disperse the summoned one back to it's plane of existence. The other two struck out, one catching Erys's arm and with a hissing growl of annoyance Ery's fought the shadows off until they were gone. With the threat gone though he turned, his palms glowing fading into the night as he looked to her.

" Are you all right??"

He didn't even seem to notice the wound on his arm and before she could even make mention of it she could see magically it was healing, the tattoes on him seeming to activate to heal and restore him. He looked to the young woman... she wasn't overly tall but was clearly used to living an active lifestyle. Her shoulder length brown hair seemed to whisper to the skies with a light bounce to it though parted atop her head for two fluffier cat like ears which were a darker red fur in color. Her features were beautiful, though he didn't seem all that interested in that, he seemed more interested in whether she was physically all right.

Of course the most interesting part about her was both the tribal markings on her face, and the long tail which extended from the base of her spine. She was clearly a cat person, but he didn't know anything other than his survival instincts... so well, he didn't recognize much about her other than that she had been in trouble AND his instincts had told him to save her from the shadows... so that was exactly what he had done. HOW he had done that... well that was a different mystery!
 
Myaleni didn't know the first thing about this islands terrain and went running in blindly at full speed. For lack of better judgement, she could have easily ran into more danger than what is chasing her. If those things were on this island, there's no telling what else is living here!! The fall did slow her down quite a bit and she thought for certain that her death is closer than it should be. Her first few moments on this new island isn't getting off on a good start.

Out of no where this male figure came leaping between her and the shadow demons, her eyes growing wide while she watched him..... kill? Is that the right word?.... the shadow hunters. Why were they after her? She didn't do anything wrong!! She certainly isn't a witness to anything that she knew of! What they were talking about? Master? Someone sent them? Did that someone live on this island too?..... Too many questions and not nearly enough answers.

His voice disrupted her thoughts and she stared at him blankly for a few seconds, then looking at the ground... the trail she's been following... it.. it leads right to his feet... the moment she realized that, the trail started to fade and she scrambled to stop it from vanishing. Though, she cried a little at the sudden motion of her ankle and fell back to her seat while pulling her leg forward. He would notice that her feet were actually paws with fur covering the lower portion of her legs.

“I-I... Don't think it is broken, but it does hurt.. I think I just twisted it is all.”

Her hands were mostly human as she reached down to examine her ankle more, only difference is her nails were long sharp claws with red fur from wrist to elbow. She didn't know what to do now since the trail ended here and there is no obvious signs of a falling star or heart... or.. or anything... Just this male... who looked an awful lot like the demigod in her childhood stories. But if it is him... Why is he here? It couldn't be him... The tattoos were just like the stories..

“Thank you for saving me... My name is Myaleni. What shall I call you? Also,Do you know what those things were? Where they came from?”

She tried to stand up while he gave a response, only to cry out from pain and land right back down on the ground cursing under her breath. Some great first impression, to make it worse, it is dark out and she hasn't found any real shelter for the night. With a sigh, she tried to stand again knowing she had to get a move on and couldn't remain out in the open like this. Not with some strange demons hunting her.... Or were they hunting him? Now that she thinks about it, they seemed to recognize him.

“Well, thank you again... I should get going.”

When she did manage to stand, holding onto a tree for support, she glanced around the darkness, clearly lost and having no clue of what direction to go in.
 
One tended not to think too clearly at the logic of things when strange shadow beings said that they were going to kill you. Of course the forest could have been more dangerous, but it was clear that she didn't have much choice at that moment. Even as her cry rang out from both the fall and the twisting of her ankle it seemed to carry over the wind to his ears, which is why he had come. There was a settlement of people on the far side of the island, but he didn't go there. He didn't know anyone... hell he didn't even know himself!

As she suddenly jerked towards him he jumped back slightly, and as he did she could see that the aura appeared again for a moment before it dissapeared with the trail. As she said that she didn't think it was broken he nodded, though he seemed to look blankly towards her. Instinct seemed to once again take over though as she seemed to be hurt.

"Easy now... I'm not going to hurt you."

He mused as he carefully settled down onto a knee. Carefully he reached out and touched her shin, carefully inspecting her foot before he shook his head.

" It's not broken."

He said it matter of factly, though as she pulled her foot back and introduced herself, he looked to her blankly for a moment, though seeming to consider himself, he shook his head.

" I don't know... you can call me whatever you like..."

It was clear that he was lost just as she was, and yet the aura didn't lie... whatever path had lead her here also lead her to him. As he turned though to survey the woods, his silvery hair shifted just enough for her to be able to see a scar on his left temple. Normally hidden by his hair it was jagged and yet like the wound on his arm it had healed physically. Unlike his arm though the strike to his mind had affected him more.

As she had made her way to her feet though he glanced back to her and making a decision he went to her.

" Here, put an arm around me... I have some food and a fire... I have been lost on this island for the last while..."

As he got her to put her arm over his shoulder he wrapped an arm around her waist and without really thinking about it he gave her a squeeze, letting her feel supported as he helped her up and about. Making sure that she didn't use her injured foot too much he helped her through the woods until they came to exactly what he had described it, a small fire with a skinned and fillet'd rabbit cooking over it. Helping her to sit down onto a log he moved and pulled the rabbit off the fire, making sure it wasn't burned.

" Myaleni... that's a pretty name... what brings you to this island?"

He clearly had no idea what was going on or even who he was, so he was more curious about her than anything else.
 
Her ears lowered with pain and confusion, unsure of why this male is helping her or where he came from. Though, she is glad and did appreciate the help and is in no way going to complain about it either!

"What do you mean you don't know? How can you not know your own name?"

When he explained that he couldn't remember it, she couldn't tell if he was trying to trick her or speaking the truth. Whatever the reasons, he didn't act like it was a lie and his expression is just as lost. Glancing around his small camp, he had nothing with him. No bedding, or shelter, clothes... None of the items that one should have when traveling. She didn't even see a pack anywhere in the general area, frowning slightly thinking that he could very well be telling the truth.

"Well.... You do kind of remind me of someone in a story my grams used to tell me. You mostly fit her descriptions at least.. So, I suppose I will call you Erys.."


She took the offered food and thought about his question, the answer made her giggle to herself. Which caused him to give a puzzled look in her direction, yet, truthfully.... She had no other answer, not even a lie would seriously work in this situation.

"I-I suppose you can say that I am chasing... a star.... It's most likely with false hope, but my island is sick and I think it has something to do with it. I saw it fall in this direction a few days ago, shortly, the sickness came."

Glancing around again, then up to get a really good look at him, wondering why he isn't with his people. The fires light made the scar on his head pretty clear and instantly thought that perhaps his people did that to him. Maybe he was an exile or someone she shouldn't be around. And yet, the trail led her right to him, though she didn't understand why.

He may be a good looking male, however, she couldn't see anything to extremely off about him.... Other than his ability to instantly heal and kill shadow demons with his bare hands.... no, nothing off about him at all...

"Perhaps whatever created that scar on your head is why you can't remember. Can you remember anything at all? Like possibly fighting with someone, or falling somehow?"

Seeing him shaking his head and saying no, Mayleni frowned and picked at the food in her hand. It is clear that he had no where to go, doesn't seem like anyone is looking for him.. other than those shadow demons. Judging from his small camp, he's been hanging around here for a couple days at least.

"If you wish to.... y-.... you can travel with me... I can hunt really good, I've been told I can cook too. I have no idea what it is I am searching for exactly... But maybe along the way, something will trigger your memories. What do you say?"

Of course she left out the part of being self taught on controlling her boat, he didn't need to know that much!!
 
Erys sighed slightly as she asked him that... though he gave an almost defeated shrug as well.

" I can't remember... I woke up on the beach of this island... my few clothes were soaking wet and I had no idea how I got there. I found I knew how to hunt and survive... but I have no idea who I am."

As they settled down though and she said that she was going to call him Erys his hands on the food paused. Unbeknownst to her the name did evoke a singular memory... in his mind he saw his mother calling to him. Running across the fields to a place he called home. He was young then... and was just a boy or so he thought.

Seemingly lost within his own mind for a moment, he came back to himself as the memory faded into a sea of the unknown.

" that sounds fine with me... the name seems familiar..."

As she giggled to his own question though he certainly was confused by it. He had been all over this island for the last week it seemed and no one had left the village on the far side of the island... so he was curious why she would leave her home. As she mentioned the scar though he reached up and touched it... though as she asked if he remembered anything or fighting with someone he once again shook his head... though as she mentioned falling he froze again... a flash of memory splintering in his mind once again.

" I remember... falling... but from where I don't know."

He paused for a moment though added gently.

" There were flashes of brilliance and darkness... and then the sea..."

He shook his head no at that point... nothing else was coming to him. As she spoke up about him going with her... he considered it for a moment.

" All right... I will go with you. Your ship seemed to be in good shape, though it looked like you crashed it into the beach."

He spoke even as he served the food up for them both and eating quietly... there was nothing else here. He had landed in the ocean with nothing but the sparse clothing on his back and no idea what was going on. He was curious about her though...

" You said your island was sick... how do you mean?"

He didn't have any idea of what was going on after all, so he didn't know how bad things were getting. The stores of Erys were clear... He was a son of the god of chaos, and though he had tried for decades to earn the trust of humans no one ever did because of his father. The tattoos this man bore were identical to the stories, the elongated ears told her he wasn't human for sure but other than that there wasn't much off about him other than the supernatural abilities!
 
She gave a faint smile as he agreed to join her, although now that meant she is leading the way and needed to figure out where to go next. However, she had an idea for that while she glanced up to the sky, seeking out the position of the stars to map out where she is now.

"The water got a little rough towards the end there, I'll have to double check on the boat in the morning. And I am glad to hear that the name at least sounds familiar to you. That is better than nothing at all.. As for falling... It could explain how you injured you head."

Myaleni fell silent for a moment pondering over the things he said, he fell into the ocean and ended up here... That falling star would put him about that same time... Shaking her head, it couldn't possibly be him, mortals don't create a falling star when they fall.Though, his question brought her attention back to him and oddly found herself admiring him. She hasn't seen another race before, not many travel to her particular island because it is so far out. so to actually meet a different race was a nice reward for venturing out on her own.

"My island is starving.. The sea life has vanished, leaving the fish traps empty and a couple of days ago we found that the trees were dying. If I don't find a solution, my island and my people will starve."

Looking down at the fire and then the ground again in hopes that the trail will show itself again, however, there was nothing glowing now. For a brief moment she felt the swelling in her throat and threatening tears filling her eyes... Though she took a deep shaky breath to hold it all in, refusing to cry in front of a complete stranger.

"Anyway... Stories of the past have mentioned that these lands have some kind of heart stone that provides the earth with life. I thought maybe perhaps that falling star was that heart... But, I have a feeling it isn't on this island. I think I will head towards the mother island that the heart is suppose to be on, to see if it is still there.. At the very least, see of the sickness has hit the mother island too."
 
He noticed her looking up to the sky and was curious about it as well. Yet he chose not to ask her about everything that she was doing. As she said the waters got a bit rough on the end of her journey, Erys nodded slightly.

" The ocean has been upset since I got here."

He said it so matter of factly, which made sense, though when Myaleni mentioned his injured head he did reach up and parting his hair slightly he gently touched the rough scar. Her words made sense... if he had been struck he wouldn't remember... but who struck him and why... those things didn't make much sense.

As she explained that her island was starving though he nodded to her. While she had admired him she could see he was truly the epitomy of fitness and masculinity. Strength seemed to literally ooze from him and even though he didn't know who he was... well that didn't change that Erys was extremely handsome.

Noticing that she was getting upset though he reached over and gently picked up her hand, giving it a squeeze. It was reflex... he didn't even think about doing it though he nodded to her.

"The heart of the mountain... buried deep within the earth."

He chuckled in a frustrated sort of way though he gently let her hand go as he stared into the fire. For some reason he thought that he was connected with all that was going on with her... but the stories were easily clear especially with her grams telling them to her. The heart was on the island of the sun, but the heart could only be reached from the skies. In order for a mortal to reach the heart they needed the favor of a god... but that was where the story ended. After all which god was needed... or if it was any god, those things weren't known.

Erys fell quiet again for a small time, though he did get up and going over to a nearby tree he pulled down a thick bedroll.

" I... took this from the village on the other side of the island when I first landed here... I tried to reach out to them but they were frightened of me.. I don't look like them or you."

He mused though shrugged and offered it awkkwardly to her.

" We should get some sleep... otherwise the morning will come much more harshly... and from the sounds of it we have a journey to go on."

He had only the black shirt and a matching pair of pants on, the belt he had for the pants seemed almost like a woven and braided length of silvery hide which worked quite well, but other than that he didn't have anything to his name... though then again his name didn't mean much even to him right then!
 
For a moment she hated the idea of taking his bedding and she glanced back towards the path leading to her boat. For what it is worth, she could have easily just made the boat into her bed, but that wasn't in the cards at the moment. Although her ankle is feeling a little better, she still couldn't walk on it very easily, glancing back to him and the bedroll... She reluctantly took it from him.

"Thank you..."

Myaleni spoke softly and held the bedroll in her lap for a few moments before setting it up at her feet. All the sudden she felt this tinge of guilt while laying down and covering up. For a while she laid there watching the fire, thinking about her new found mysterious friend. He said that he recalls brightness and darkness, then falling.... Brightness... followed by the darkness... It almost sounded like he did end up in a fight.. Or did something he shouldn't have. Perhaps that is why those shadow demons are after him... He did something wrong.

"I hear that some villages are picky about who they invite into their homes.... Mine included.. However, I do not fear you... if anything, I owe you my life now. I do not know too many others that would put themselves in front demons like you did."

Though he probably couldn't see it, she did blush deeply after saying she owes him. He could take that to mean a million other things, yet if she was to clarify any of it, it most likely would make her look like a fool. Which is something she'll end up doing anyway when he realizes she still struggles with the boat in the open waters. That is something she'll have to deal with when that time comes, she has made it this far and like he said, the ocean has been upset since the falling star.... Again, that made her thoughts wander and she looked up at him.

"Thank you for being so kind to me though... I- I really do appreciate it. Even if I do not find help for my island... I at least hope to help you find your memories again... Good or bad.. It is the least I can do for your kindness.."

Giving a faint smile she turned to stare at the fire again, for awhile just thinking about everything.. what little she has learned today. The falling star is clearly not on this island, if it was, her trail would still be showing her the way... Yet it led to him... Is she meant to find him? Is this what her gods wanted? If so.. then why?

She barely knew where she is going herself, basing her directions on childhood bedtime stories... She had no idea or clue if the mother island truly exists or not. It could be nothing but ocean out there.. Or just another island like this one or her own island. At least she did know how to read the stars, if worse comes to worse, she'll just head home and do what she can there.

Curling up more into the bedroll, realizing that it had his scent all over it. At first it was an obvious observation, of course it would have his scent, he has been using it.... However, what wasn't so obvious is the effect it had on her. Myaleni couldn't stop breathing in his scent, almost as if she's trying to lock it away into memory. Although, she didn't make it obvious as she closed her eyes to sleep, yet, his scent had a calming effect on her.

"... See you in the morning... Erys"

She didn't realize the almost lustful tone that came with whispering his name. Shortly afterwards, Myaleni eventually drifted off to sleep with his scent creating certain sweet dreams of him.
 
He offered the bedroll with no consideration to the fact that he would sleep on the bare ground. After all for the first few days after awakening on the beach he had done just that. In between wandering and being lost... Erys hadn't been able to piece anything together. When he needed to eat he had seemed to remember how to hunt, when he needed to, his body reacted in the trained way it was. His mind may be fragmented into a thousand pieces, but his body remembered what needed to be done.

He nodded slightly when she thanked him for standing up and protecting her he gave a slight shrug. The night was clear so she could make out his eyes as he seemed to stare into the fire.

" They weren't demons..."

He corrected, though he added without thought, because thinking about it would cause him to question how he knew that.

" They were literal shadows, conjured. Sons and daughters of shadow can do so... demons of the underworld are much more dangerous than shadows..."

He sighed slightly, though looked to her.

" It doesn't matter really... the wind carried your call for help... and the next thing I know I'm banishing the shadows... I have not seen them before, at least not that I know of."

He mused thoughtfully at that, though as she said that she would help him recover his memories he was quiet on that. What if he was the cause of this sickness that she spoke of... or what if he had done something so terrible that his memories had been stricken from him on purpose? Would he really want to recover them... he didn't know. That seemed to be about the extent of their conversation, and even as he picked up another log and added it to the fire, she could see him nod to her, bidding her good night.

He picked up on the difference in her tone but he didn't really know what to make of it, so instead he stayed up a bit, keeping watch for more shadows. No more came that night and when she woke in the morning, she could see that he had already prepared a simple breakfast of rabbit meat, berries and some vegetables, they held in a wooden bowl. The fire had been put out and he wasn't there... instead once she returned to the ship she was greeted with the sight of him preparing the ship for launch.

" Morning! You had the main mast held too tight, that's why you couldn't slow down even in rougher waters..."

She could see that he was right... just as he had survived before on his own by instinct, he seemed to know quite a bit about handling a boat. He had actually removed his shirt since the morning sun was nice and warm promising a hot day, and so she was treated to the sight of Erys. His handsome strong physique was in like with a tribal warrior, and yet he was lithe as well. The tattoes continued down his right side to his waist before they ended, just like the tales from her grandmother.

He took a moment to push a stray hair aside, though smiled slightly to her.

" Are we going? we need to save your island after all..."

He mused questioningly, after all she was the captain of this hero voyage.
 
She woke up startled by the nightmare of the shadows surrounding her, giving her that trapped and helpless sensation. Come to find out, she was wrapped pretty tightly within the bedroll and for some reason her hand was between her legs. Instantly the heat rose to her cheeks as she peeked out from under the blanket, to see that he was gone. In a lot of ways, that was a relief to her, praying that she didn't do something embarrassing in her sleep. Not that he would have seen much with her being covered, but she had no doubts that she did quite a bit of moving around at least.

She laid there for a few moments longer, mainly just trying to wake up and get her bearings straight. That's pretty much when reality hit kicked..... Did she honestly just invite a complete stranger to travel with her? Why the hell would she do that? Yea, sure she might owe him for saving her life... but... what if.. this journey fails? Waht if it ends in death? That just means that she is bringing him down an unknown path with her!

"What on earth was I thinking last night?!?"

Scolded herself while finally getting out of the blanket and stretched, slowly testing her ankle and ate the food he had left. He still hadn't returned yet and she grew curious, wondering if he decided to take her boat and leave her stranded. It would deserve her right for trusting a stranger... One that has possibly been lying to her from the start just to take her boat and run. From that point, concern and almost anger weaseled into her thoughts as she got up to head towards the water. The need to see for herself if the boat is where she left it, or if he....

Standing with a blank look while seeing him shirtless and preparing the boat.... He didn't leave... That's good... However.... It will be the two of them.. alone... on that tiny boat of hers. After some of the dreams she had, his scent still fresh in her mind...

Shaking her head, trying desperately to get those crazy thoughts to vanish "What is wrong with me?!?". Finding a mate is the last thing on her mind, besides, he doesn't know who he is, chances are he has no room in his life for her. With a heavy sigh, giving up on trying to remove those childish thoughts since the last one didn't help much...

"Yes... Yes we are heading out now.. To the island of the sun..."

Silently she added "I hope..." as she went towards him and the boat, looking it over to see that it really didn't take too much damage at all. What damage there might have been, it looks like he fixed, with that, she helped him push the boat out into the water... Not that he really needed the help. The whole time her ankle was throbbing and if she stepped on it just right, it would tweak out. However, she'll be sitting on a boat for however long, plenty of time to let it heal.

"You know, for someone who can't remember anything... you certainly know a lot of things."

She giggled while they got settled on the boat and she looked over things, clearly pretending like she knew what she's doing. The first rushing wave they met however, proved she knew nothing about sailing this boat and she almost went flying off it. The direction she was aiming is towards the rising sun since the stories all said that is where you'll find the mother island... Whether that is true or not is unknown... In either case, she wasn't doing a very good job as keeping the boat in that direction.

"See what I mean? The ocean doesn't seem to like me out here..."

Though she tried to make it sound like a joke, another harsh wave cut off her weak laugh as she held onto the rope, attempting to keep the boat from tipping over. To make it all worse... The waves were seriously that horrible, at least in his eyes they weren't. Yet, with how she's steering the boat, she made it them seem worse than they really were.
 
Erys had no idea where he would go if he DID have a boat to take... so it didn't make sense that he'd take it and just take off without her. Of course there was the possibility that he was lying, making up everything just to get off the island, but then again if he was that kind of stranger he didn't have need to wait for her. After all the far village had hunting boats as well, they weren't that large but he could have made it work.

As she said the island of the sun though he had a flash of memory... a winding path from the shore seemed to weave here and there often times to nowhere or even back where one began... and then it opened... but to where, that part of his memory seemed frazzled and hard to recall, he even actually putting his hand to his head as he groaned slightly.

" You can't reach the island of the sun... you can reach the island of the mother which leads to a portal."

He mused thoughtfully, though as they headed out onto the water he of course deferred to her. It was her journey and her ship... he had just figured that she would want to take over. Settling himself onto the center of the ship with his back to the central mast though when they hit the first wave at the wrong angle he nodded to her.

" Seems like the ocean's been weaving here and there since I woke... I am simply thankful I didn't drown."

He mused, though as the second wave was hit wrong again, she could see him look up to the mast... and then to her.

Seeing the way she held the rudder and on what angle though he frowned slightly. Considering she was the captain he did bite his tongue for a moment, though as she didn't steer them into the wave and in nonjunction with the lack of direction being maintained he added.

" You don't know what you're doing on a boat... do you."

It wasn't even a question... it was posed as a statement because they both knew it was true. He had simply shrugged as she had said he knew a lot of things, making mention that when he encountered something new if he knew it he recalled it... if he didn't he was lost as anyone. Yet he got up and seemed to look from the ocean to her. Yes the sea was uppity... but she wasn't sailing right. That much was clear even to him!
 
Myaleni looked around her, watching the island they were on get further and further away.... It wasn't too late to turn back... Hell, it wasn't too late to return home altogether... She didn't belong out here, despite what her grammy says and other stories.... The ocean isn't for her.. Lowering her ears and sitting back on her heels while slowly letting go of the rope.

"N-No.... I haven't been this far out in the ocean before yesterday... I figured I made it this far, that I could just keep going.. Learn as I go."

She practically was on the verge of crying after admitting that, then to hear she couldn't get to the island of the sun... The idea that this already a failed journey kept growing more and more, increasing the idea of returning home. However, she'll be just as helpless there as she is out here.... making herself look like a fool in front of this very good looking stranger.

"I apologize for not telling you earlier. It's just that... My father has forbidden my people to leave the island, so I never had a chance to learn.... this. It didn't look that hard to do and I thought I could do it..."

Looking out into the open water again towards the suns horizon, it just made reality of things kick her in the gut even harder. Even if she did find out the heart stone is real and is in trouble... what can she do to help? Then there's the promise she made to him, the debt that she owes him... What can she do to help him? Taking him from place to place is an option, however she wouldn't know where to begin on that journey. All the sudden she felt more helpless than she wanted to admit, coming out here took courage and strength... yet, that is slipping through her fingers by the second.

"If.... If you don't wish to continue with me, I will understand... I can return home and you can have the boat."
 
Erys didn't realize what he said was about the harshest thing that he could have said to her at that moment. Yet seeing how she was clearly getting more and more upset he frowned as she did. That hadn't been his intention at all. Yet she was getting more and more upset and he may not know who he was, but Erys did know that he didn't like making women cry.

" I didn't say you couldn't reach the island of the mother to discourage you... and besides, you're the one who has this great idea to save the world."

He said it without a hint of sarcasm, being completely serious with her and letting her know that he didn't think her plan was a bad one, but there WAS a difference between fable and reality, and when she had laid out the plan the truth had spilled from his lips faster than he could have considered. As she explained about her father though Erys nodded, though as she seemed to be offering up the boat he shook his head.

" You're not giving up that easily..."

He growled slightly, though taking a few steps he gauged the wave and she could see how he did know what to do as the wave hit the boat. Unleashing the sails to give them more power on the seas, he went around to the rudder and stepping behind her, his scent enveloped her as his hands covered hers.

" You want to gauge the boat into the waves as they come. The more off center you are to the waves, the more the boat jars."

He guided her to turn the boat into the right direction he explained about the shadows and direction, though even as they set off, he looked to her as he let her steer since she seemed to have a better idea. It would take much more practice, but some basic concepts and rules were in order.

" There... that's better. The island of the mother is where most people think that the island of the sun is... but the island of the sun is actually in the godly realm."

He said it so matter of factly that it was easy to believe him. The knowledge he held only re-enforced that she traveled with a demi god for sure, though what had happened and why he was here NOT to mention why the aura's had lead her to him...well there WERE many more questions than answers right then!
 
Truthfully she really didn't want to cry and did everything in her power to bottle it all up while he gave his answer. What really caught her off guard is having him sit behind her with his arms circling around hers. For the briefest of moments, her breath had gotten caught her throat while his hands held onto hers. He was speaking, giving clear instructions on what to do..... However, the first few moments.... She couldn't hear a single word with him sitting close to her like this... His scent, the heat from his body, she could practically feel each and every muscle against her back.... his scent kept drowning her senses the most though.

Eventually the moment caught up and she started to really pay attention to the instructions, wanting to learn and be serious about this. Like he said this is her adventure....

"Thank you for teaching me.. This maybe my plan.... But what if it ends up being a foolish plan? Like I said before, I don't even know exactly what it is I am looking for... The earth and ocean guided me to..."

She quickly fell silent when realizing that she must of sounded crazy just now... the earth and ocean guided her... yea, that is crazy talk to most people. Then again.. There is a lot to this situation that is crazy right now.

"Well... they guided me to you... it seems.."

Biting her lip as the flush kissed her cheeks once more, knowing full well that had of sounded like the craziest thing he's probably ever heard. What's said is said though and there's no taking it back now. However, she did start to consider his story and the direction of the fallen star, not to mention the trail that brought her in the first place.

"When you got to the island.... What direction did you come in from?"

The wheels were turning in her head while he gave his answer, she also kept noticing the way he spoke sometimes. He knew things that weren't all that obvious... Like for example those shadow demons. He also spoke of some kind of portal, something that the stories never spoke of.. in truth, she didn't know what a portal is. Then there's his appearance. All except for the new scars were exactly how grammy described the demigod.... The tattoos were even exact...

"That is the same direction of the fallin star I was after... Sounds like it was about the same too... What if... What if you were that falling star I saw? I know that sounds unlikely... but... You fell from somewhere and there is nothing else around that island... It doesn't make sense I know.. yet... There's too many things that.. it's hard to not at least consider."

Shaking her head at the idea of it all... Again, mortals can't create that kind of falling star appearance when falling. She should know, she has fallin many, many times in her life!! At the same time, he didn't have the same aura as her people did. His is stronger and more powerful... As if he could actually be the demigod in those stories. Though, she didn't want to believe that.. not just yet. She needed to keep watching and learning more about him first.
 
He didn't really notice that she wasn't able to pay much attention for those first few minutes. He was first correcting their course before he even bothered to try and explain. Yet as he did he noticed that she was trying to make sense of it at least. He did notice her own scent then... it was quite feminine and on a very primal level called to him to do more to her, though truth be told to do what he didn't know just yet. He had to give a chuckle when she asked that though.

" From what you have said the world is in danger. I would think that even foolish plans can bring fortune. After all only the brave seek the gods."

As she said that the earth and ocean had guided her to him though he gave her a very curious look. Unlike normal men who would have thought that she was crazy, he didn't have THAT look. Sure he looked a bit disbelieving, but he simply shrugged.

" Perhaps the earth and ocean knew that you would need someone to help with the boat."

He mused with a chuckle, though he added gently. He noticed the flush to her cheeks and didn't say anything about it, instead he remained right there with her, she almost sitting in his lap as he guided her and the ship in the direction she wanted to go. He quirked an eyebrow as she mentioned him possibly being the falling star... though he shrugged slightly.

" Perhaps... if I fell from the godly realm... I don't know about that one, but you're right it's something to consider."

He certainly didn't seem like he was fully mortal... the race he was was said to be extinct, his eyes were the color of silver and gold and the tattoos... there were many things he certainly fit the bill on. Unbeknownst to her though her own scent was causing him to harden slightly... he didn't even know why... she was his host and partner in this wild adventure, it wasn't really appropriate to be considering anything, and yet he leaned a bit closer and breathed onto her neck slightly, taking in her own scent slightly as he smiled ever so slightly.

His strong thick arms rubbed hers as he was right there, close and calling to her in a silently sinful way!
 
She was trying really, really hard to remain focused on the boat and the waters. There was a sudden need to prove that she is actually stronger than she appears, already she's shown far too much weakness. Granted she has just only met him, but still, her first impression is falling down and hurting herself. Now lacking with knowledge... There's no telling what he really thought of her.

And yet.... The heated breath on her neck and the subtle motion of his arms against hers.. Focusing wasn't easy and that is putting it lightly. A soft whimper managed to escape from her lips when he inhaled her scent. It caused other sensations that she's experienced only twice in her life, each time she hid from all the males on her island.

There is no way she can be going into heat though, it is way too soon for that! Also, her father would be furious if she mated with anyone other than the male he chose for her. There is no denying this sensation though, to make it more difficult is that she's never had another male quite this close.

"I-... I think.. the earth and ocean... had other reasons for seeking you out. They do not care if I can work a boat or not... If they did, the waters would have been nicer to me."

She giggled while trying to distract those wandering thought. She did consider scooting forward to make a gap between them. However, she didn't move an inch as she is actually enjoying sitting like this with him. Despite the effects it had on her physically.

"You said the name sounded familiar... Does seem familiar as in you heard it from stories.. Or familiar like.. I don't know... on a more personal.. intimate nature?"

The word intimate slipped out and she bit her lip again while looking straight ahead. She meant it in a different way, though with their current position, her mind instantly went in another direction.

"You do fit the descriptions of the demigod Erys... I find it difficult to believe that you are him though. They have no reason to be here.. Yet, if my grammy saw you, she would swear to the world that you were him. In fact she would prbably try and convince you that you are him."
 
Erys didn't seem to perceive her as weak... at least not how he showed. In fact he had already told her that he thought that her journey was worthwhile and had willingly gone with her. Granted of course she had told him that she would help him remember who he was but he had chosen to go with her in the end after all.

He didn't intentionally rub up against her or anything like that. At least not at first. When she whimpered though he glanced to her, wondering if she was all right, though really now that they were heading in the right direction made it much easier on the waves. As she asked him about the name though he thought about it.

" It sounds as though it belongs."

He chuckled though when she mentioned that her grand mother would probably be trying to convince him that he was a demi god. He didn't believe in such things really but hey, if people wanted to believe in demi gods all the power to them. As she refused to look at him though he sighed slightly.

" I don't know what happened... but I don't remember who I am... so for now I will focus on seeing you through this journey, and I have a feeling that along the way I will re-discover who I am."

He made sure that she was fully in control of the ship then before he shifted a bit and let go of her hands, his strong warm arms leaving hers. He didn't consider that she may enter heat... he didn't know how that would work anyway right then, after all he didn't know her race well.
 
She didn't quite know what to think about having him so close, which did kind of bring an inside giggle when thinking of her home. Grammy would be pushing them together while her father would be stepping in between, Myaleni could already see the war between them. Shaking her head, thinking if he does turn out to be a demigod, then there is no point in going in that direction. He isn't a part of her world, nor is she a part of his. For now, it is just focusing on the task at hand and so far, that task is simply going forward...

"I am glad to hear that at least a few small things are familiar. Even if they don't make sense, familiarity is a good sign."


Glancing back over her shoulder when he shifted around behind her, feeling the loss of comfort that came with having his arms around her. At least she didn't feel overwhelmed by having him against her back anymore, even though he didn't move too far away. It was the gap that she would have created if she were to move, in the end.... his scent is what really triggered her and it carried in the wind that surrounded her. The whole time her thick, fluffy tail has been unknowingly caressing his leg and once in a while wrap around behind him.

"I do appreciate you coming with me. It's always nice to have an extra helping hand and a different perspective on things. Not to mention having someone around in case those shadow things come out to play again. I have no chance of fighting them.."

Sighing a little when thinking about the shadows attack again and looking forward out into nothing but blue ocean all around them. The island they left was long gone in the distance, her island even further than that, which in turn had her thoughts wondering towards her family, hoping they are doing okay. Deep down knowing her father is furious with her by now... Probably her best friend too.. furious and worried sick since Myaleni didn't come home.

"How long do you think it might take us to reach the mother island? None of the stories actually say how long it takes to get there, only to follow the horizon of the rising sun... Not really much to go on seriously."

She laughed softly when thinking of how little planned out this adventure really is. There are the stars for her to follow at least, go in the direction of the rising sun and a set of stars that follows the suns path... That's is where the mother island is suppose to be. However, that is all she knew about it... It isn't like many of her people traveled so she had no way of knowing.

"You mentioned a.... portal?.... If there is one there.... Do you know if I will be able to use it?... Not that... I know what that is.. or how to use it... But if it suppose to lead to the island of the sun in the realms of gods... Then.. well... how would something like that help me on this quest?"

In truth she didn't expect him to answer as most of her questions were thinking out loud mostly. However, he has been answering things with a strange amount of knowledge, so she figured he would answer what he could. If he chose to answer at all that is.
 
Erys had to silently wonder about himself. As he had said something had to have happened that had caused the loss of memory. She had mentioned a scar which he had thought was just a part of him before so he figured that he had been struck in the head somehow.

As they separated he found he didn't really like leaving her, he didn't know why, but he had liked holding her. Thinking himself silly he had moved away, though even as she asked about the island though he chuckled slightly at her admission of how little this whole thing was planned.

" Well you know that most don't actually have a clear idea when they decide to be heroes."

He mused, though as he considered where they were, the answer on length of time seemed to come right to him.

" We'll be there in a few days. There's a few islands on the way that have fruits to eat."

He mused though as she laughed he found that he liked that sound, her fluffy tail was in range so he gently scooped it into his lap and pet it as he smiled faintly. He didn't really consider the logistics of what a demigod and a furry catgirl might have in common but it wasn't completely unheard of for mortals and godly beings to mix in a physical way.

After all how else would he have come to be? As she asked him those thing though he fell quiet for a few minutes. Flashes of memories came to him... a winding path... a stone portal which had to be activated in the right way. These things brought more questions to his mind of how he knew them, but if it would help her quest he'd tell her.

" Once you reach the portal there's a riddle to it... I don't remember what it says or the answer, but if answered correctly the way will open. Once through it leads to the mother island where you have to survive the pitfalls and traps to the heart..."

He looked to her, though quietly added.

" I think I have been there... I don't know why I do, but it feels familiar, like my name."

He didn't know what it meant, but his unique scent certainly did continue to envelop her, and his petting her tail unknowingly tantilized her!
 
"A few days?...."

Her ears lowered while listening to the rest of what he had to say and glanced in the general direction of where her island is. Truthfully she didn't expect to be gone this long, all her hope had been on that trail she followed... Going any further than that ended up being a different plan altogether.

The petting of her tail didn't go unnoticed, in fact it surprised her at first until he started speaking. Then her thoughts kind of wondered off thinking about this portal, riddles and trials.... Granted it didn't make her lose the hope she carries, however it did make it falter some. Having no idea what on earth possessed her to think this would be easy.

"Riddles? I have never been all that great with riddles... My best friend on other hand.. if she loves em."

Her tone ended up being a bit shakier than even she expected, the mixture of his scent and the stimulation of her tail started to affect her. As casual as possible, she shifted her legs slightly to hopefully hide her own scent that seemed to be growing stronger. Also, the petting made her feel strange, similar to when she is in heat... only more intense with him close and touching her.

"As for the pitfalls and traps... Those should be easy enough for me. I did train with my father and a few of the warriors. Surviving is what I do best. Otherwise I wouldn't be out here."

Truthfully she didn't know how true that is though, the trials and training on her island were mostly for status reasons, sometimes out of boredom. The trials and tests from the gods.... that is entirely different and he said something about it being 'of the heart' and she had no clue what that meant.

"What happens if I fail.. these tests? I can't really afford to fail at this point.. Yet, I'm not perfect either. I have a little power, mostly healing and making the plant life grow. Some enhancing spells for my arrows.. that's it though.."

With that, she looked out onto the water seeing some whales in the distance splashing around. For as much as she started to see this as a bad idea, she did rather enjoy being out here in the open like this. Her entire life the ocean has been calling to her and now she is finally answering that call.

Staring out into the water also help a little .... very little... to distract these urges that her body is creating. She didn't want to give into these urges, certainly didn't want him to think of her as easy either. The last two times she had to fight very hard to make it through her heat cycles... Doing that right now... That is the last thing she wanted to do. The last thing she needed! There were more important things than having to deal with being in heat again!! Sadly, there is no place for her hide this time either, she had to fight this and pretend like nothing is wrong.
 
He kind of glanced over to her though didn't he kind of wanted to chuckle.

" Well yes, the ocean is a very large place and it takes time..."

He didn't really know what she expected... the world was a very large place, the fact that it would only take a few days was a blessing in itself. He didn't mean to make the journey before her sound impossible, he was only going off of the few fragments of his shattered memories that would come to him.

" " Yes... well I don't think it's meant to be confusing, I think it's more to ensure mortals go through the portal... I don't know why, but that's something that's important."

He mused, though even as she said that she was resilient, he nodded slightly.

" I know the people from the tribe on the last island would never have left the land even for the sickness of which you speak. You are very brave Myaleni..."

He didn't know how he could tell that she was upset, but he could, though as she asked what would happen if she failed, Erys shrugged.

" I don't know what will happen, I know something happened on the mother island to the heart, but I don't know what happens if it is not replaced."

He didn't know of her plight with her bodily urges, though even as they both fell quiet after that, his fingers gently traveled over her tail. Strangely he found petting it calming, though helping to keep them on track he finally did get up and release her tail to unfurl some of the sails as the wind had picked up. Working with the ropes he was quiet, though of course incredibly handsome as he smiled to her.

" Look, the earth must know of our journey, it is giving us the winds to carry us more quickly.
"


He was just trying to be supportive of her, and hoped that it worked to lift her spirits!
 
It took her a few good moments to calm herself down and simply enjoy having her tail being petted. Normally it is just her that pets it when she is frustrated or down right bored. A few boys from childhood would grab it and fool around out of jest. which boils down to this being the first time any other has touched her tail so intimately before, in the end, she did find it enjoyable. Oh, it still heighten those urges, yet she managed to make them a bit more manageable and less obvious.

"My people are the same way. Father is the leader so his word is law. I never learned why he doesn't let us out into the oceans. But I know that our people used to sail the seas, there is a huge cave on my island that is filled with big, beautiful boats. Yet, they are meant to be hidden away and not used."

She smiled briefly when he called her brave and blushed at the idea that anyone would think that way of her. Right now her father and the others are most likely calling her anything but brave. Although at this point, they all might think that she is dead considering her lack in experience. However, ther eis no real way for her to let her people know she is fine... for now.

Thinking about all the other things he was saying, she barely noticed when he stopped petting her tail until she saw him moving around. From that point she watched carefully on how he handled the sails, learning from what she can see from her position. The warm wind did feel really good and she lifted her face towards the wind, smelling the freshness of the ocean.

"Let us just hope it isn't too fast... Wouldn't want to run into any bad storms out here."

Smirking a little while turning her attention back to him, admiring how the sun reflected off his skin. The way the shadows played on him, she could have sworn his tattoos shifted a little. Shaking her head thinking that it is impossible, claiming that it's just the sunlight playing tricks on her eyes. She has been staring out into the reflective waters for a while now, the light and shadows can play many tricks on a person if they are not used to it.

Deciding to tie off the steering to keep the boat going in the direction, she stretched her legs out and realized that her ankle is still very sore. It was tolerable now though and the swelling did seem to going down and when she examined it, she found a light bruise on the top of her foot where the branch hit her.

After a moment or two she hung her foot off the side and dipped into the cool water hoping it'll help out more. All the while, she thought about him and the way he was petting her tail, though it did make her smile, she wondered if she should say something. If she did say something, then it came down to how will take it? Pretty much anything she could say about such things could easily be taken in the wrong way.

Instead what came out ended up just being another question....

"Will... Do you think... you will be able to in with me? To help me if I need it? At this point I have little doubt that you can enter there... But, will it ... I don't know... separate us?"

Draping her tail over her lap and started combing through the fur with nothing else to do in that moment. She didn't want to stand up just yet with her foot still sore, if she lost her balance it could just make it worse on herself. Biting her lip for a moment and deciding to finally say something...

"Ya know... you are lucky....

She did smirk lightly, though couldn't look up at him too see his expression to the comment as the shyness hit her pretty hard.

"You are the first to ever pet my tail like that.... I don't typically like being touched at all.. But.... I-.... I liked what you were doing..."
 
When Eris had moved to adjust the sails and ensure that they would make the best time possible, there was a slight bulge in his pants which hadn't been there before. After all he had spent some time with her now and being so close to a young, nubile and sexually 'active' young woman would arouse any man.

As she said that he nodded, though he clearly was listening to her describe her people he shrugged.

" People want to live in peace... at least most do."

He mused with a smile, though he did add.

" I mean... if people don't live forever, then I could see why if you were a leader you'd want to keep your people safe, and the ocean isn't really the best place for that."

He mused with a shrug. He himself liked to explore, so he didn't see the harm, though as he had said he could understand why others wouldn't share that view. Glancing back at one point he 'caught' her looking at him, he didn't really think he was this demi god that she thought he was, but perhaps he was. IF he was then what could he do? her mind wasn't the only one's swimming with questions... enough so that at first he didn't catch her question.

When he did though he smiled and nodded.

" I don't remember there being anything stopping demi gods or supposed demi gods from going there... so I would imaging I'll be able to."

He mused, though as she said that he looked to her VERY curiously, though seeing that she was looking mighty shy he looked to her and smiled gently.

" "well then let's go to the next island and when we camp I will pet you some more."

He remarked, though afterwards they both fell quiet for the next few hours. It was about an hour before dusk that they reached the next island. Since it was getting closer to the island of the gates the island was still lively as could be. There were no tribes of people on the island, so it was just them. As they climbed from the boat he helped her down and gave her an affectionate squeeze before hauling the ship onto the beach, muscles flexing the entire way.

" Why don't you get started on a fire and camp and I will do some hunting? give your ankle more time to heal..."

He mused, thinking that made the most sense in their situation.
 
Back
Top