Stranded - The Manor of Mystery

RoadsterDude

Really Really Experienced
Joined
May 11, 2013
Posts
300
PREFACE

It was your average Summer day in the suburbs; Families were outside playing together and enjoying the warm sunshine; kids were out of school for the next few months, and people all around town were finally taking the time to breathe after the stressful Winter and Spring they had just experienced.

The economy was terrible, and it was only getting worse with each passing day. People were having trouble making ends meet, and some could barely manage to feed themselves from week to week. Businesses had been forced to relocate because they weren't making enough profit.

Just when things were looking their darkest, a random act of fortune befell this charming suburban town. A wealthy billionaire decided that he would spend the remainder of his life here. He said he wanted to get away from all the chaos of the city and enjoy some peace and quiet around average people. He purchased about 10 acres of land on the outskirts of town and began building his house immediately.

Instead of hiring outside contractors, he put the people of Crescentview to work. Most of the men in town jumped at the chance to help with the construction, even if they knew little to nothing about carpentry. He commissioned the women of the town to take care of furnishing his mansion. His generosity not only affected the people, but the businesses as well. Because people were finally emerging from their homes and had something to look forward to everyday, sales had skyrocketed. Their sales numbers within one week were twice of what they had received within the past four months altogether!

Around the end of May, his mansion was finally finished. He gave every single person in town a tour, and as a token of his appreciation, handed every person in the town $40,000. When asked why by the local newspaper, he simply responded: "I'm old now. When I die, all this money will have gone to waste. I have no family members to take over my estate. Once I'm gone, my wealth is gone."

Aldous Tenefrey will forever be known as the man who saved Crescentview.

But strangely enough, Aldous had gone into hiding. No one had seen nor heard from him for several weeks now, and people were growing concerned. The police went to his house but because they had no search warrant or cause to believe that he was in danger, they couldn't enter the home.

Speculations abound, the town went into chaos. Why would a man so generous and caring suddenly disappear out of thin air?

"If only they knew...." He muttered to himself as he sat near a window on the third story of his manor. The secrets Aldous was holding would impact Crescentview and the people within it for years to come.

STORYLINE & INFORMATION

One by one, residents of Crescentview found themselves waking up in a mysterious place. The room each person woke up in was dark; the wallpaper was coming off the wall, cobwebs filled every corner, and a thick layer of dust sat over everything in the room. The one window was boarded up from the ouside, the only light in the room came from a dimly lit candle, whose flame was about to go out.

"Where am I?" they would ask themselves. That, along with many more questions will be asked and answered along the course of the story, but how they discover that is up to you!

This roleplay is open to a maximum eight people. The characters are of your own creation. Before you begin writing, please give us a basic synopsis of your character. Their name, age, basic appearance, sexuality, occupation, etc.

At various moments throughout the story, there will be plot twists to keep things fresh and interesting. Make sure your character is smart about their decisions, because you never know what could be in store for them!

This story is an adventure and mystery / murder mystery. What happens between the characters is up to the role players.

Will the characters find their way out of the labrynthian manor before it's too late? Is Aldous really behind all this? With hundreds of doors, rooms, secrets, and more to discover in this manor, you never know what is in store.
Remember, I'm looking for a maximum of EIGHT characters. New characters may be brought in at certain points of the story.

For your first and what I'm assuming will be one of very few prompts, you are to describe how your character reacts inside their room. Eventually they will discover that the lone door in the room leads to a grand hall of sorts. This is where the characters will meet up, and talk about all the how's, why's, where's, and what's. All doors in the grand hall are locked, so there will be no leaving... until someone - or someTHING, makes his presence known. You'll see what that is in time. Have fun!
 
Name: Alexa Tam
Age: 20
Sexuality: Straight/sub
Basic appearance: petite, short copper colored hair, hazel eyes, lightly tanned.
Occupation: Psychology major at big name university who's home for the summer/Works as a secretary for the local hospital during the summer
Personality: sarcastic, usually smiling, flirty, mischievous, not really afraid of anything.

Alexa Tam woke up in a dark room, covered in cobwebs, the windows boarded up. A single candle, the flame flickering as it is about to go out. Her hazel eyes rested on the candle, taking in her surroundings as she tried to mentally calm herself down.

Where am I? she wondered as the 20 year old psych major took in her predictament. She was slightly scared, but more confused. One, she was pretty sure she had never been in a room like this, and two, her head was throbbing.

"I need caffeine," she muttered in her low alto voice. She cast her eyes around the room and looked for an opening. A crack in the boarded window, a door, SOMETHING. . .

HA! A door! She made her way toward the door, and hesitated before laying a hand on the brass knob. . .

LOCKED!

"Shun-sheng duh gao wahn,*" she grumbled as she leaned up against the door and thought about how worried her work would be when she didn't show up. . .
*shung-sheng duh gao wahn- Holy Testicle Tuesday
 
Last edited:
Name: Durcet
Age: 40
Sexuality: Straight, deviant
Basic Appearance: short, pale and effeminate
Occupation: Data entry clerk
Personality: weak, silent, observant and mild mannered

He wakes up to find him self in the urine soaked sheets. There was no bed, there was just sheets.
He was dry so he figured that the urine wasn't his. He was in his work clothes. Looking at the room he couldn't see anything. He had trouble seeing when there was no light so he just woke to the corner and sat there in fetal position.

He took out a cigarette but there was no lighter so he just puts it his mouth. He started banging a head at the wall because of sudden rush of desperation. He lays on the floor in fetal position and breathes heavily.
 
Alexa heard banging on the opposite wall, but she was sure her ears were playing tricks on her, especially after they stopped. . . .

Okay, I need to figure out how to open that door. . .
 
After half an hour of lying motionlessly it was time to see if there is anything out there.
"Please let it not be any thing out there."
If there was something it couldn't be a pleasant thing.
He started dragging himself by the wall in order to find anything. He was touching walls and floors.
At one point he came across a key. He taught it might be a way to go out, but figured it was his apartment key so he just put it back in the pocket.
"Since there was my key, my lighter must be somewhere near."
At one point he came across a gun. He was shocked at first but then started to remember.
He wanted to kill himself, but the gun was no use for him. He could hardly hit himself. He couldn't defend himself with it. Person who put him here must have known that and it was a sick joke he played on him.

In the spur of the moment he tossed the gun at the wall and it broke through.
It turns out walls are really weak. If his toss could make a dent they were really weak. He just stayed there. If it was anything there it will find it's way to him. No need to waste energy.
 
Alexa had just dozed off a bit when she heard the walls tear and a gun come near her feet. She stared at it, then looked at the whole in the wall.

Walls are that thin? Oi she thought as she slowly unfolded herself and walked towards the opening. "Hello?" she called out hestitantly. "Is someone there?"
 
He hears a voice. Since it came from the wall it was probably another stranded person.
They couldn't do much harm to him. But they had his gun, and they could use it to torture him.
If that was the case so let it be.
"Here! I'm on the floor! Try not to step on me!"
 
She heard a voice reply to her. Her heart leapt. Another person!

Kicking the hole big enough for her slender frame to get through, she looked at the guy on the floor, curled in fetal position. "Hey, are you okay?" she asked, concern lacing her voice.
 
He stared at the silhouette. He couldn't exactly tell what it was.
It was a person. that he knew. Voice seemed comforting. He felt a bit at ease.
"Who are you? I can't really see that well. Sorry If I startled you. I hope you... sorry."
He sat, put cigarette into his mouth and tried to light it but there were still no lighter so he left it dangling there in his mouth.
 
"I'm Alexa," she said soothingly, kneeling down beside him. "You didn't startle me too badly, I was actually dozing. Thanks for bringing me back into reality. It's okay."

She sighed, noticing that he was pale and slight, not very tall, around her height.

"Do you need anything?" she asked him gently.
 
"A lighter. I was looking for it. My stuff are scattered around. There is bound to be a lighter somewhere. Probably few other things but I don't know what. I don't need anything else."
He looked at her.
"You are a girl. Why would they put a girl here. This isn't place for a girl."
He looked at the floor and started sobbing.
"Are you okay? What did they do to you?"
 
"Shhhh, it's okay," she whispered. Her eyes, used to the dark, quickly spotted the lighter and gave it to him. "I'm fine, just a small bump on the head and some sore muscles. I'll be okay. As for this is no place for a girl," she said then, a little sarcasm creeping into her voice. She hated sexist comments like thaat, "I'm doing pretty well, all things considering."
 
He lit the cigarette and with the light that sparked he saw her face.
"You are so full of life. Someone is probably worried about you."
He looked at her and his face filled with tears.
"They shouldn't do that you know."
He gazed at the floor again.
"When you're nothing, nothing to no one, nothing at all, it's completely fine."
He was trying to process everything she said. She was hurt. She had some bruising, and for once he knew that something could be done.
"If my possessions are all here, you should find some painkillers."
 
Alexa smiled softly. "Many people are probably worried about me, sir, and I'm sure that there are people who miss you as well," she replied, her voice light and soothing. "I don't need any painkillers right now, but thank you," she added.

Alexa decided to keep an eye on him. She's heard that tone of voice before, and knew that it was dangerous for this man to be left alone. She's heard that voice many times, and it typically didn't end well. . .
 
Girl stood near by and he could see she kept an eye on him. It seemed as she was on a suicide watch. Couple of years back he did that same thing, but he wasn't any good at it.
"When someone wants to die, he will die."
It was too dark for him to see the girl that well, but her soothing voice gave him tingling sensation.
He imagined what she looked like, but he could only see the face of a girl he buried.
He tossed her his key.
"If a person who built this is as sick as it seems... this will probably have some use for you."
 
She caught the key. "Some use to us," she gently corrected him. She examined the key.

"This might fit into the lock on my door," she said thoughtfully. "I'll have kick the wall in more so you could get through more easily. There's a candle in my room, not very bright but it'll do."

She offered him her hand. "Allons-y*" she said, quoting the Tenth Doctor.

*allons-y- let's go
 
With the candle light he had a better look at the girl.
She looked like a rejuvenated version of a girl that was once alive.
His breathing became heavy, his feet began to tremble. It wasn't possible that it was her.
If it was, it meant that by some strange circumstances she was alive. But she showed no sign of remembering him.
If nothing, this might be a way for a redemption. Girl he couldn't stop from killing herself might stop him. He couldn't bring himself to look her directly, he was too frightened.

He took her hand, stood up, straighten his back, took a deep breath, held his head up and took off with her.
This was first time he felt any kind of comfort.
 
She felt his hand wrap around hers, and she led him through the hole in the wall, kicking it some so he can fit through a bit better.

In the pale candlelight, she was able to confirm her suspicions- this was someone she had seen in the psych ward a couple of years ago. . . back when she was going through some rough times. . .

Shaking the thoughts from her head she put the key into the lock. Or tried to anyways. For some reason, it wasn't fitting.

"Son of a. . . " she grumbled as she thrusted the key into the lock to no avail. "I'm half tempted to break down the door with SOMETHING!"
 
It was her. His defense mechanisms worked a lot better than he taught. She got better. His brain probably figured it was better for him to think she's dead.
She tried the key but it didn't work. She got furious.
He didn't know what to do. Every time she got upset on the psych ward he never knew how to help her. It was time for him to step up. This time there were no one around. He took her in his arms and caressed her gently. Thinking of some words of comfort he finally broke the silence.
"Always look on the bright side of life."
A cliche like that is hardly enough to bring people back, but this was better than nothing.
 
Being with her in that room, opening the door was the least of his concerns.
He held her tight knowing this wouldn't last and the doors would find a way to get open one way or another, with him or without. He could sense she wasn't all that familiar with him.
Things were starting to get cold. All that sensation settled and the two people were practically strangers. One was eager to find a way out of this, the other was fine with the way things were.
This was his hell he taught he deserved.
 
Last edited:
Alexa watched with wry amusement as the man- oh, what was his name? threw the gun again to hit the wall.

"Since the key's being a piece of go-se*" she grumbled as she motioned for him to step back. A roundhouse kick to the wall and a few snap kicks later, she was able to break through.
*go-se- shit
 
Last edited:
Sorry. Don't know how to delete this. Pretend it's not there.
 
Last edited:
OOC:

I'm new to this forum, so forgive me, but the introduction suggests that we're locked in separately and there's no suggestion that the walls can be kicked through.
The room my character described certainly seemed more solid that you're suggestion.

As my character hasn't heard you two shouting then it's safe to assume that we're not located that closely. I'd prefer to remain 'in solitary' until I can follow what's happening, especially between you two.

I thought the premise was that we wouldn't interact until we got to the Grand Hall.
Eventually they will discover that the lone door in the room leads to a grand hall of sorts. This is where the characters will meet up, and talk about all the how's, why's, where's, and what's.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but breaking through walls doesn't conform to the way this RP is set up?

DM :rose:

OOC:

Sorry about that. It was my fault. It's my first time also. And I apologize if i'm coming off as too weird and that the story doesn't add up or something.
But as the wall between Alex and Durcet are now broken and you are somewhere far away we should stick to this if it's okay with the rest of you(Two of the people in the same place and the second girl somewhere else.)
If you want we can start all over. I apologize again.
 
Back
Top