Final Fantasy: Shadowrun (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Posts
8,365
Midgar is the largest city in the world, and more technologically advanced than anywhere else. Dominated by skyscrapers and holographic lights and advertisements, it is home to about thirty million residents (Imagine a fusion of Tokyo, New York, Hong Kong, and Los Angeles in the year 2060).

The city is considered the capital of the civilized world, sitting on a large island in the middle of the Sea of Caelum, which connects all three major continents -- Spira, Ivalice, and Eorzea. On a clear day, you can see the northern coast of Ivalice, the southern coast of Spira, and the northwestern coast of Eorzea all from the Lookout, the tallest building in Midgar and the fanciest club for miles around.

Most of the city is owned by a large group of corporate giants, including Shinra Enterprises, Magitek Industries, Machina Technologies, and Cocoon BioTech Solutions. These companies work together on many projects, and their owners are the most powerful families in the world, known publicly as the Twelve Great Houses. But these men and women have another name used on the streets and alleys and sewers -- the Court of Whispers.

To most of the populace, the Court of Whispers is an urban legend, a myth created by conspiracy theorists to defame the Great Houses. But that is a clever lie. In reality, the Court of Whispers is indeed controlled by the Twelve Houses, a secret society manned by the Heads of Houses and their top associates. Between their legitimate corporations and their underground cartels, the Houses dominate both legal and illegal markets around the world.

The world government is officially the Federation of United Districts, currently led by President Gavin Shinra and the Senate, which is comprised of a single Senator from each of the three hundred Districts across Federation lands. There are elections for all offices every five years, but they are rigged so that the President is always someone in league with the Court of Whispers. A majority of the Senate is also loyal to the Twelve Houses.

Small rebel groups have popped up here and there, often labeled as terrorists by the media. One such group is Avalanche, led by Barret Wallace and Laguna Laphaire.

That second character is actually a fusion of Laguna Loire and Zack Fair. He formerly served in the Federation Army Special Forces, and Barret was his commanding officer. Now they have discovered first hand the true nature of the Twelve Houses and created Avalanche to fight them.

Just like the tabletop game Shadowrun, our characters go on a variety of missions as operatives in Avalanche, from corporate espionage to theft to sabotage to bombings, all in the name of liberty and freedom from the Great Houses. From here we can explore the world and the story can be molded to go whatever direction our actions take it :D.
 
Back
Top