The Right Way to Steer

Anything other than ten to two can be disastrous if the power steering fails.

Anything other than ten to two can be disastrous if the power steering fails.
If you have an airbag in the steering wheel, ten-and-two will get you two broken arms and two black eyes when the bag deploys.

I drive with my hands in the 8 and 4 position precisely because of the airbag. I can easily drive with either hand and often do on jaunts around town.

Elderly people around here drive hunched close to the wheel, hands at 11 and 1, just asking for a broken neck and two broken arms.:rolleyes:

I drive with my hands in the 8 and 4 position precisely because of the airbag. I can easily drive with either hand and often do on jaunts around town.

Elderly people around here drive hunched close to the wheel, hands at 11 and 1, just asking for a broken neck and two broken arms.:rolleyes:

I call them "squirrels".
squirrel-gray.jpg

My preferred position is left knee at 6, freeing both hands for the essential tasks of cellphone operation and changing CDs.

I call them "squirrels".
squirrel-gray.jpg

OMG that is so funny. They look just like that. :D

The ones that really creep me out are the ones looking through the steering wheel while driving. They're probably sitting on a pillow and can barely reach the pedals. Combine that with the reaction time of a Three Toed Sloth and the depth perception of a Wall Eyed Pike and they're an accident waiting to happen and it does, frequently. :eek:

Back