NFL Players kneeling for the anthem

Actually it is. They are paid to be there. Management expects them to stand up. If you want to protest do it on your own time. As Colin has learned that you cannot defy your employer and then no one else wants to deal with you.

In actuality I agree with him but you don't spit in the boss's face and expect no reaction.

Perhaps Colin and others need to pull a Hobby Lobby, and assert that the NFL is violating their religious freedom.

After all, a person's religion may prevent them from ritualistically worshipping a false idol, and false idols can be determined by the religious practitioner. It may turn out that the flag would be considered a false idol until the justice it represents is actually delivered.;)

Actually, no. There's nothing about this in the NFL rule book or operations manual. That there is is just a rumor going around social media. If the NFL wants there to be such a rule that players on contractually required to follow, they need to establish one.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/must-nfl-players-stand/

If you don't like Snopes as a source on this, you can find Fox News reports saying the same thing.

I'm sure team owners have some privileges, it's all about that contract and how it's written.

At the end of the day though it's best to do what the boss says if you want that contract re-upped.

Actually, no. There's nothing about this in the NFL rule book or operations manual. That there is is just a rumor going around social media. If the NFL wants there to be such a rule that players on contractually required to follow, they need to establish one.

If you don't like Snopes as a source on this, you can find Fox News reports saying the same thing.

Excellent reply.

I'd also point out that the players are all belong to the player's union and "work rules" are clearly negotiated between management and workers under a collective bargaining agreement. There is NO work rule requiring players to stand, and anyone who believes differently is not grounded factually (*waves* Hi Botany Boy!)

The bottom line is there's nothing in the rules yet and no comprehensive plan from the NFL franchise owners, so there's no "rule" being infringed yet. Put the horse back in front of the cart. It's all "Hey look over there, not at who I am and I am doing" technique by Trump anyway. And those of you falling for that are just Trump Chumps.

I am unaware of specifics of the contract but I suspect that you are correct that under the present contract players do have a contractual obligation to comply but that ignores the larger issue of this being an unfair labor practice.

My posts, to which you responded concern the true motivation that you, Trump and others have for insisting that players stand. You responded to my post but failed to address my point that the underlying motivation is racism.

What would be accomplished by forcing someone to appear to show allegiance?

Colin Kaepernick started this whole thing by asserting that America was oppressing black people, which is 100% horse shit. America used to oppress black people until the Republicans freed them from Democrat slavery in 1865 and passed laws protecting their civil rights from such oppression.

At any rate a job action against his place of employment and their national sporting events are the wrong places to find solutions to grievances revolving around his personal false interpretations of reality.

It isn't about showing allegiances, it's about not showing disrespect for one's fans, their sport, their country, and those who make it all possible. It's about not engaging in activity destructive to brand of the enterprise you work for and management rights to control the behavior of its employees.

There is NO work rule requiring players to stand, and anyone who believes differently is not grounded factually (*waves* Hi Botany Boy!)

Never said there was, and anyone who believes differently must not have learned how to read (*waves* Hi RacistDownSouth).

Colin Kaepernick started this whole thing by asserting that America was oppressing black people, which is 100% horse shit. America used to oppress black people until the Republicans freed them from Democrat slavery in 1865 and passed laws protecting their civil rights from such oppression.

At any rate a job action against his place of employment and their national sporting events are the wrong places to find solutions to grievances revolving around his personal false interpretations of reality.

It isn't about showing allegiances, it's about not showing disrespect for one's fans, their sport, their country, and those who make it all possible. It's about not engaging in activity destructive to brand of the enterprise you work for and management rights to control the behavior of its employees.

Your first sentence is totally wrong so there's no need to bother with the rest.

^^^BotBoy wants you to take the bait. Debating lies somehow gives him a sense of legitimacy.

I notice you can't answer the question.......just shit talk around it.

Speaks a lot more about you than me. ;)

I didn't think you had anything......keep that tail tucked as you talk past me, it's all you've got and all you'll ever have. ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0e8975069aeb41d5a222629197ae087f_front.jpg
    0e8975069aeb41d5a222629197ae087f_front.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 0
Excellent reply.

I'd also point out that the players are all belong to the player's union and "work rules" are clearly negotiated between management and workers under a collective bargaining agreement. There is NO work rule requiring players to stand, and anyone who believes differently is not grounded factually (*waves* Hi Botany Boy!)

There is a rule against insubordination and failure to do what you're told. Standard management rights clause.

There is a rule against insubordination and failure to do what you're told. Standard management rights clause.

Elle, Oh Elle.

"Lick my boots boy! If you don't that's 'insubordination'!"

That dog don't hunt, Gunny Gutless.

Let me see if I understand the random thoughts rattling around in your brain. Democrats are racist, invented slavery and Jim Crow, but the spiritually guided members of the GOP understand that all men are brothers and beat back those racist Dems who now create fake news?

Are you also suggesting that there are no racist white police officers who abuse their authority and abuse black people? Right now, I’m thinking of a vid I saw of a black man on his knees, hands on head saying I surrender before that police car even stops and dogs are released to attack the guy surrendering to police. Insult of disgusting proportion was added to injury when police tell him to stop resisting the dogs attacking.

Forcing citizens to do things that you believe is politically correct when you guys are in power is fine, but the nature of matter is change. It’s a round world.

Man. This thread is still going on. Like on some Energizer Bunny shit. And it ain't even an original thread on the subject!

giphy.gif

Who woulda thought a red-blooded American black man kneeling before a gott-damn motherfucking ding-donged football game could cause so many white people to continuously shit their diapers? Second year in a row, even!

Land o' goshen! If it was this simple to make y'all lose your marbles, we shoulda done this a long time ago! MLK might even still be alive! :D

welp, as has been said before:

FLGiMbV.jpg

fuck your feelings, snowflakes! This is the world you wanted and now y'all got it! Deal or peel! ;)

Man. This thread is still going on. Like on some Energizer Bunny shit. And it ain't even an original thread on the subject!

Yeah, Colin really hit the jackpot with this method of protest. Right wingers continue to whine about that uppity black man.

just some inconvenient facts to help out

The NFL rulebook makes no mention of the national anthem. But the game operations manual does.

Here’s what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

the acid truth - though

it is really not about the rules or not rules
it is not about what color whoever kneeling is
it is not about which teams are supposed to be more patriotic

what it IS about is that we all live under an umbrella of freedom and privilege bought and paid for over and over in the price of ultimate sacrifice

if you do not know or understand the value of your life here in America....take a quick trip to Juarez or Tijuana......or Haiti or hundreds of other places.....

learn what it means to have been BLESSED to be an American.....show some respect for this country...…

If, on the other hand you feel that America sucks and that you should be free to protest or denigrate the flag and the country......pack up your shit and get the fuck out.....go where you think it is so great.....see how you fare there....see who there coddles your ideas and protests......find out what it feels like to be treated exactly the way your behavior warrants

I know this has been hashed quite a bit here but with pre season starting, I just had a few thoughts on this. I am a veteran, I stand for the anthem because I believe I live in the greatest nation on earth, otherwise I'd just move instead of protesting it. Sure it has it's faults, I don't care for some of the leadership and I think it can always be improved if we all respect each others values and beliefs of our country and leadership. That being said...

Where are these players after the game or during the off season? Why aren't they out trying to improve the situation that they are protesting during the anthem? Is it just a, "look at me, I am kneeling to cause a division during the anthem but now that it's over, I have a great life that this country affords me to get back to." Personally, I don't care if a player takes a knee or not, I think they are showing their ignorance by doing so especially if they don't take the cause further. Also, why are they protesting the anthem when this country has given them so much?

There are so many other ways to protest than kneeling for the anthem, and it would be nice to see these players actually take part in the solution to help with what they are protesting for.

I think everyone has the right to protest if they want but it needs to be at the right time and place. During a game when they are working I don't think that is the right place. I guess ultimately it falls to the team they play for if they support it but I think if I was an owner I'd tell them to stand and to protest on their own time but maybe that is just me.

If, on the other hand you feel that America sucks and that you should be free to protest or denigrate the flag and the country......pack up your shit and get the fuck out.....go where you think it is so great.....see how you fare there....see who there coddles your ideas and protests......find out what it feels like to be treated exactly the way your behavior warrants

Nobody is going to follow your sanctimonious admonitions. Keep on whining, though. It makes the protest much more effective in the long run.

Yeah, Colin really hit the jackpot with this method of protest. Right wingers continue to whine about that uppity black man.

Ahhh...the uppity blacks. From having barbecues in the park...to standing under a building stoop during a rainstorm to wait for an Uber...to just wanting to swim in a community swimming pool during the summer without having the fuzz called on us by "concerned" blancos. Causin' more revolutions than a hundred Tea Parties all along the eastern seaboard!

1768766835_dea4374f47_b.jpg

Gonna find this t-shirt and wear it to the next Lit-together.

oh maybe I shouldn't because then the marketed uppityness would trigger the whites:

650x366

"Hallo, constables? There's a Negro being UPPITY WITH HIS T-SHIRT!!! Arrive with haste! My white privileges to infringe on his comfortable existence as a human being are getting all violated and shit!"

tumblr_lxpj6grFIe1qcaomb.gif

I think everyone has the right to protest if they want but it needs to be at the right time and place. During a game when they are working I don't think that is the right place. I guess ultimately it falls to the team they play for if they support it but I think if I was an owner I'd tell them to stand and to protest on their own time but maybe that is just me.

Yeah, it's just you and others who don't understand why people sometimes practice civil disobedience. I heard the same sort of crap back in the 1960s when uppity black people were criticized for similar acts of civil disobedience or when gay people took their protests to the streets.

Oh please, don't make me uncomfortable with your non-violent method of conveying a message! I can't handle it! Get back in your place!

The NFL rulebook makes no mention of the national anthem. But the game operations manual does.

Here’s what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

the "But...but...teh Game Operations Manual!" talking point seems to have originated in the right wing fever swamp. The snopes article linked earlier says nobody can seem to produce this particular manual.

Back