Weekly artistic challenge

Sign on a Bus door in Aix-en-Provemce, France

01Aix012_zpsf561e65b.jpg

Love the umbrellas!

I've been hoping to get out and snap some pix, but it's been dreary or hazy here all weekend and today.

I did a good, artistic deed, though. Mom has an older Fuji camera that wants some slightly obscure film and had a dead battery. I tracked down the film and batteries today and ordered some of both for her. She's a good artist (when she isn't making excuses, which has always bewildered me) and uses photos to "feed" her compositions. I'm hoping I can get her out and shooting so she'll make a few more paintings.

What's the current theme? I've not been out much lately. Won't be much this week either, most likely, but will pull from old photos if I have to :)

We had a blizzard last night, lots and lots of snow :) Can next theme be snow related? :p

What's the current theme? I've not been out much lately. Won't be much this week either, most likely, but will pull from old photos if I have to :)

We had a blizzard last night, lots and lots of snow :) Can next theme be snow related? :p

The current theme is "fun"...:D

A new one for the next fortnight...mmm...we could consider snow, although the southern hemisphere may have problems!!:rolleyes::D

Challenge for two weeks commencing 7 December

Nice and easy - Christmas lights!!!:)

Oh this sounds fun ... this means I may have to put mine up darn LOL...it's -38 around here...

BB

Christmas lights ... a few from a couple trees that I have.

And a special ornament...with some lights too.

Excited to see what other lights get put up. There is a city block in, Edmonton the closest big city to me, that has a big light show every year. I will try to get some pics from their awesome displays...http://candycanelane.trav-graphics.com/

Best, BB.

And a special ornament...with some lights too.

Excited to see what other lights get put up. There is a city block in, Edmonton the closest big city to me, that has a big light show every year. I will try to get some pics from their awesome displays...http://candycanelane.trav-graphics.com/

Best, BB.

fabulous shots - and love the snowman!!:):rose:

Beautiful and very interesting Christmas lights BonBon.

I'm still experimenting. It's hard to get dark enough to show the lights well and light enough to show the skin well. I shot this with a small light off to the side and no flash. Anyone have any suggestions for a better balance with less noise?

I'll have to go back to work now, but I'll check back in later.

12-11-13me_zpsc50fa540.jpg

12-11-13mebw_zps3c42af35.jpg

Beautiful and very interesting Christmas lights BonBon.

I'm still experimenting. It's hard to get dark enough to show the lights well and light enough to show the skin well. I shot this with a small light off to the side and no flash. Anyone have any suggestions for a better balance with less noise?

I'll have to go back to work now, but I'll check back in later.

12-11-13me_zpsc50fa540.jpg

12-11-13mebw_zps3c42af35.jpg

Yes, let me shoot it for you ;)

Last edited:
Back