Why do people fall in love?

S

sweetjen35

Xxxxxxxx

Xxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it that you can talk to dozens of people and all or most can be quite friendly but then out of the blue, you talk to one that lights your soul on fire. If you are lucky, it turns out to be a mutual love. But if you're like me, that's a once in a lifetime thing--or at least so far. I had it and lost it... then I fell in love again eventually... but life got in the way for him and I find myself feeling numb after about a month of hoping things would turn around.

I feel like my life is the plot of a novel I need to write so I can have my my happy ending.

I doubt the love of my life is on literotica but I'm a firm believer that you can sometimes bring what you are looking for into your life by defining it. The universe is cool like that. I want to find the person who has been looking for someone just like me. Someone sweet, smart, caring, thoughtful, compassionate yet naughty. I want someone whose favorite sight is my smile; favorite sound is my voice; my laughter. Someone who seems to have a void in his life--whether he's married or not--that only I can fill.

Please no snarky comments about what a fool I Am. I know I am. But I miss the love I once knew. If nothing else I wanted to share here knowing I'm sure some women will understand.

Have a great Saturday.

What a wonderful passion you have.
What a great teacher your students have.
I wish I were that guy. I will be your friend...Bit I won't promise things I can't deliver.
You will find him.
Prayer is a wonderful thing.
God knows what you need. You just need to talk to him about it.
God Bless you and all of your needs.
PM me anytime you need someone to listen and chat đź’®

How is it that you can talk to dozens of people and all or most can be quite friendly but then out of the blue, you talk to one that lights your soul on fire. If you are lucky, it turns out to be a mutual love. But if you're like me, that's a once in a lifetime thing--or at least so far. I had it and lost it... then I fell in love again eventually... but life got in the way for him and I find myself feeling numb after about a month of hoping things would turn around.

I feel like my life is the plot of a novel I need to write so I can have my my happy ending.

I doubt the love of my life is on literotica but I'm a firm believer that you can sometimes bring what you are looking for into your life by defining it. The universe is cool like that. I want to find the person who has been looking for someone just like me. Someone sweet, smart, caring, thoughtful, compassionate yet naughty. I want someone whose favorite sight is my smile; favorite sound is my voice; my laughter. Someone who seems to have a void in his life--whether he's married or not--that only I can fill.

Please no snarky comments about what a fool I Am. I know I am. But I miss the love I once knew. If nothing else I wanted to share here knowing I'm sure some women will understand.

Have a great Saturday.

Those of us who were lucky or are lucky to have tasted love or our definition of it know what a rarity it truely is. Those of us who have had it are either not looking to get back into an emotionally invested situation like that at the current time, or are seeking to fill that time slot with short-term happiness while they search for someone or something that hits them that hard again.

Well I am glad you realize your love is not here. I think you need to look around where you are for him. Your a beautiful lady. Not sure what your looking for but I pray you find him. Can I ask a dumb question? Do you and all the rest of the people think this is lover hook up site? I always thought of this as a place to chat. Oh well I missed the point. We say a lot here to win your heart but 90% of us are ugly stupid an asshole or something thing like that in person. You can find anything you want close by you if you look and listen. Sweet lady you are better than all of us. I wish you all the best.

Have a great Saturday.
You can most definitely fall in love and meet your soulmate at lit.
Love is a funny thing. It can be the reason you get up in the morning or the reason you sleep for days because it has crushed you.
Lit has a way of letting you let your guard down. Letting you open up more. I wont lie this is definitely like salt in an open wound. Because when it hurts..it hurts like no other. And nothing can fix heartache. Passion runs deep in our souls. And when you hit that passion and connection with the right person its like an earthquake in your heart when its broken.
This too shall pass. And you will always love that person. But you will find someone to replace the heartache and the missing pieces eventually. It may take awhile. But when you least expect it love will find you again.
Thats what i keep telling myself.
Hugs to you and enjoy your journey

I don't know if you wll find what you are looking for here or not but I truly hope you do find it. You seem like a sweet, open-hearted woman with lots of love to give. May you find someone who will give to you as well.

((hugs))

Last edited by a moderator:

Have a great Saturday.

You are very articulate. I can relate to what you have said.
Have a great Saturday as well.

Have a great Saturday.

sweetjen, thank you for posting these lovely words, I enjoy my single life but there are some days that I really want to be someones favorite, someones happiness. I do think, or really really hope!, that I will eventually find this man I want in my life but it's just taking so dang long! I am patient though. Please be patient yourself, you seem like a great woman and you will find what you are seeking.

Can you find a soulmate in a place like Lit? Now there's an interesting question. Some will say never, some will laugh, some will roll their eyes while others will nod quietly as they know it can happen. Love turns up in the strangest places so keep an open mind and a clear head for any warning bells.

I once met an amazing man online, and we spent ten years laughing, loving, caring, sometimes crying, and always supporting one another. Would we have been a success offline? Who knows, and it doesn't actually matter as we were happy here.

What are the chances of meeting that one special person to fill that void, probably as good as meeting him at the local supermarket. At least online you can get to know one another before meeting, if that is what you choose. In any relationship it's about honesty. You're not saying you want to meet the love of your life, but someone to help you get through this next tough time.

There are some shits here, male and female I'm told, but there are also some genuinely good people, and I've met some of them. I think often when you stop looking someone special seems to land at your feet. It might not work out because you have different needs, but each is a learning curve in your journey. My only concern for you is you are vulnerable, so do keep that in mind. and avoid falling for someone who is as free as a bird, except that bird is a caged canary.

Take care and be kind to yourself and good luck

J

I understand your yearning, how you have so much love to give and it hurts not to have someone to give it to. I used to feel that too when I was monogamous.

I think it is a lot harder for monogamous people to find a partner as they have to find someone perfect, well as close too, so they will be satisfied. I’m not monogamous, I’m poly, so it means I can be a lot more open to the imperfect. I feel satisfied by loving many imperfect people. It also gives me a sense of freedom - I don’t fear falling out of love with someone or them falling out of love with me. I might be sad about it, but I see it as part of an organic life. It is natural for relationships to pass in and out, while others keep for the duration of a lifetime. At the moment I have a few relationships at several stages of development and it’s fantastic - the friendship, the honeymoon, the first years, and the endurance to the end. All of them make me a better person, and a better lover for each. They are helping me become the person I’ve always wanted to be. It’s an exciting time…

:heart:

Have a great Saturday.
Hi, Jen,

What a thoughtful and positive post. Thank you for sharing. Keep hoping, keep believing. Keep being you!

First, these threads that are mainly populated by infrequent PG posters are fascinating; it is usually on philosophical threads like this where it happens. As to the question about love, I tend to ascribe to the "when you least expect it" school. Why not Lit? Why not checkout at the grocery store? Why not work? There's no template for how it happens, or what if means to an individual. If it happens on Lit, just remember, there are PMs, Skype, Kik, email, etc., for expressing affection. Just sayin'

I hope you find what you're looking for Jen. You sound like a kind soul who deserves a nice man in your life.
I'm thinking more in real life rather than on here. On line is one dimensional, but I guess it works for some people. I need touch, to look into someone's eyes & cyber is just bad masturbation.
I'm sure some will disagree but that's the way it is for me & yes everyone is different

L:rose:

Jen, is your bio out of date? If not, I fear the fact is ...

That sweet caring guy you are hoping will fall in love with you will steer clear, however strongly he feels, until you are out of your marriage. Meanwhile, the guys who get flirty with you are out for a no strings attached fuck, I'm afraid.

If I've missed something here and have posted out of order, my apologies.

What you posted in the OP is truly beautiful.

Simon

Back