Ankle Bracelets

hpycpl

Literotica Guru
My wife has worn an ankle bracelet for many years (30+).

now I'm finding out that there is a "hotwife" stigma associated with it.

Has this always been and we were just out of touch or is this a new thing?

I'll bet there has to be some interesting stories about women innocently wearing them and other men getting the wrong idea!

Hubby always likes when he sees a women wearing one. He has bought them for me and I wear them if he asks. Maybe I will surprise him and start wearing them more. Lets see if other men notice and make a move on this "hotwife".

I don't think wearing an anklet automatically means anything. There are versions of anklets that have specific hot wife symbols which may be worn as a way of communicating that status. People who are aware of this practice may do a double take or look closer at an anklet to see if it has any hot wife symbols. But more often than not it is just a regular piece of jewelry. No matter how much some of us enjoy this fetish we don't get to tell other people what their choice of jewelry means.

My wife wears her frequently and it appears that most people don't give it a second thought. And I can tell the ones that are aware of the connotation because they try to surreptitiously get enough of a glance to see if it is what they think/hope it will be.

I don't think wearing an anklet automatically means anything. There are versions of anklets that have specific hot wife symbols which may be worn as a way of communicating that status. People who are aware of this practice may do a double take or look closer at an anklet to see if it has any hot wife symbols. But more often than not it is just a regular piece of jewelry. No matter how much some of us enjoy this fetish we don't get to tell other people what their choice of jewelry means.

My wife wears her frequently and it appears that most people don't give it a second thought. And I can tell the ones that are aware of the connotation because they try to surreptitiously get enough of a glance to see if it is what they think/hope it will be.

Is there a dictionary?

This could be a culture thing but I wear them since I was young. I still wear them.

Yeah I don't think Joe and Jane Average knows the expression "hotwife" or the hotwifing concept. Much less any kind of jewellery connected to it. That said this thread is giving me an idea for my wife's next birthday present. Hey what woman doesn't like jewellery? lol

I wore them all the time since until I married... getting another one soon! There's no reason why except I want to!

I find them a real turn on but, if I saw a woman wearing one, would never assume they wanted to be seen as 'Hot' or available.

Oh, but I just Googled this... and it is an entire culture thing, especially for swingers, I think. It all depends of what charm is attached to the anklet... even Etsy has a section.

Just do an advanced search on 'ankle' here and you will find that there have been many threads regarding this subject.

The things I learn on Lit....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hubby always likes when he sees a women wearing one. He has bought them for me and I wear them if he asks. Maybe I will surprise him and start wearing them more. Lets see if other men notice and make a move on this "hotwife".

Hott!

I've worn anklets since I was a kid and I've never heard of a "hotwife" or noticed anyone checking out my foot.

I think I need to educate myself and maybe get better jewelry.

Ankle bracelets always seem to grab my attention no matter where I'm at of who I'm with. My wife has a lot of different ones. No many charms but different size chains ,gold or silver.
She really gets me hard when she wears one over her stockings along with her sexy heels. Bright, Shiny gold bracelet over sheer black stockings is hot. Really I like them over any color hosiery. She knows to leave it on as we are fucking so when I have her stocking encased foot on my shoulders I can see it, or when I suck her nylon covered toes...
Please lady don't stop wearing them, men like me love them.

so many responses.

I guess most feel the same way I do that there is no significant indication that the wearer of the anklet is a hotwife but if the charms are sexual the chances are greatly increased. And of course if the charm says "slut" or "Owned" etc etc it's a sure thing.

anyone have somebody come on to them by mistake while wearing a non-sexual anklet?

I've worn an ankle bracelet for years never heard that before, but men tend to get a strange lock on their faces when they notice my waist chain

waist chain

Jump to: navigation, search

English[edit]

Noun[edit]

waist chain ‎(plural waist chains)
1.An ornamental chain worn around the waist; seen by some as a symbol of slavery.

Synonyms[edit]
belly chain

Categories: English lemmas
English nouns
English countable nouns

I bought one for my now ex-wife Bev..It said "SLUT"..she wore it everyday..

I have heard that it COULD mean hot wife status, but I certainly hope not: my wife is forever wearing one of many she has and this includes going to church! I think in the last six months I cannot think of a time where we went to church and she did not wear one. We like to get dressed up when we go out no matter where it is; church, a restaurant or even just for pizza, and so it is dangling off her ankle. Always her left too, but only because she is married and wears her wedding band on her left ring finger.

As for catching men's attention, she is a very pretty woman and as such I like to watch as guys check her out. Granted part of it is that where we live; you just don't have a lot of woman in heels and short skirts about town, and that unto itself grabs attention, but so does the light glinting off jewelry on a woman's ankle. No one is forcing her to wear it; she put it on because she WANTS guys to look at her legs!

Does it get you excited? really stiff?

Oh you had to ask didn't you? :)

I am a firm believer in the truth and so you asked and so I would have to say yes if I was to be honest.

Yes, in that I like her in ankle bracelets which is why she wears them, and yes in that it intrigues me to watch men look at her. Again, I said I would be honest, and you would have to trust me on this, but she is a very pretty woman (and younger than me) so she is noticed a lot by men.

Last edited:
Symbols vary and can be embarrassing.

The Red Hat Society is an international women's organisation:

https://www.redhatsociety.com/

But in the county of Kent, UK, a woman wearing a red hat has for generations been seen as a signal that she is wearing no knickers. "Red Hat: No Knickers" or going commando. It is taken as a signal that she is willing to engage in extra-marital sex with a suitable partner.

Kent also has a village called Loose. Loose has a Women's Institute - The Loose Women's Institute. It also has a female Morris Dancing Team - The Loose Women. But the locals know that the village name is said "Lose" as in lose a bet, not "Loose".

Back