Spotlight on GooodGurrl

And I will always hear Harry Connick Jnr in my head: "Squirrel covers, you know, yer panties. You do wear 'em, dontchya?"

*shudder*
Yikes - no wonder you hate the word panties! I don't know that line at all. Is it from a Harry Connick movie/song?

Yikes - no wonder you hate the word panties! I don't know that line at all. Is it from a Harry Connick movie/song?

It's from the movie Copycat, starring Sigourney Weaver, Holly Hunter and Harry Connick Jr... the scene I'm thinking of, in bad quality, is this one.

It's a really good movie, I recommend it.

Just, you know, creepy in that bit.

It's from the movie Copycat, starring Sigourney Weaver, Holly Hunter and Harry Connick Jr... the scene I'm thinking of, in bad quality, is this one.

It's a really good movie, I recommend it.

Just, you know, creepy in that bit.
Yep, that was creepy alright! I can think of a few other alternatives, but I've never heard anyone describe panties as squirrel covers. That's just bizarre!

1. I think I said it above... people chewing loudly. Why would fitted sheets annoy me?

2. Erm... recently... I disassembled my laptop, completely gutted it, and rebuilt it. The cpu fan died and it was either pay the shop tech $150 base rate to replace it, or buy one online for $13 and install it myself. So... I got over my fear of completely killing the thing and managed to do quite well. That was scary.

I went to a wetlab for anatomy class. Though that was more creepy than scary. ..

3. Answered.

4. I have this memory, it's more a sense memory than a story... this feeling of sitting in a pram and being rolled, feeling the wheels roll, roll, click, roll, roll, click over the cracks in the path... and the sparkle of sunlight from above.

I can tell you right now, my mother is not the type to have a child in a pram if that child can walk competently, so I could not have been much older than 12-18 months old.

5. Not really, no. I've been in scrambles, mostly with my sisters/cousins when I was younger. But an actual all-in fist fight as an adult? No.

Hmmm, maybe I'd choose coitus if that was an option ;) still have no idea what quoits is. I'll have to google it.

My faves? I like Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly, Scrabble, most recently I like Cards Against Humanity... I have the Buffy and Angel board games and was pretty soon banned from playing them, because they're kind of strategy games and I tended to win over a certain person who couldn't handle not having a better strategy than me. They were fun. I have the Game of Life as well. Yahtzee is a big one.

Nice! Love board games, all those you mentioned...but really had loads of playing Risk when I was younger. Don't play them much any more, sadly.

That brings to mind a whole other thing for me. *looks around nervously*

:D

^^^
Filthy.

Okay... Back to your gaming question. Since you like strategy games, are you into any of the nerdy games like Settlers of Catan or Munchkin? Those games can cause fights pretty well. Everyone likes to gang up on poor pmann and tries to make sure he can't win. (Sort of like the arseholes here gang up on me, just for being so freakin' adorable) Luckily I am amazing at games so I often win. :D

I agree Cards Against Humanity is amazing. I have got it with the expansion packs and all. And even the 100 blank cards where you make you own.

Yep, that was creepy alright! I can think of a few other alternatives, but I've never heard anyone describe panties as squirrel covers. That's just bizarre!

Well, he *is* supposed to be a crazy as fuck serial killer there, so... kudos to them! ;)

That brings to mind a whole other thing for me. *looks around nervously*

:D

You have a dirty mind... I like you. :D

Do you have any crafts or hobbies or artistic endeavours?

I write. I spend a lot of free time writing. So there's that. I also like to bake/create goodies in the kitchen.

I'm also, apparently, a very boring person. :p

Okay... Back to your gaming question. Since you like strategy games, are you into any of the nerdy games like Settlers of Catan or Munchkin? Those games can cause fights pretty well. Everyone likes to gang up on poor pmann and tries to make sure he can't win. (Sort of like the arseholes here gang up on me, just for being so freakin' adorable) Luckily I am amazing at games so I often win. :D

I agree Cards Against Humanity is amazing. I have got it with the expansion packs and all. And even the 100 blank cards where you make you own.

I can't say as I've heard of those games. Sorry.

I haven't gotten the expansions, yet, but I plan to. It's a tad trickier here in Aust to get them shipped out. One day...

GG quoth:
it's a long, drawn out story... very wangsty... here, this is from two years ago and it goes into much more detail than i am ever going to go again, so if you really want the long, drawn out, angsty version of my coming to terms with my bisexuality, read this.
holy cow---livejournal? that thing is still around? ;>

seriously though: that's some powerful writing. thank you.

GG quoth:
is it really fence sitting if that is my answer, though?...i have no real preference.
well, i suppose not...giving you a hard time is fun though. :D

GG quoth:
you can't take the sky from me ;)
:>

you know it's funny, you kinda remind me of someone i knew a while back.

so some additional questions:

21. insofar as you could be said to have a totem animal, what would yours be?

22. who's the hottest female regular cast member to appear in a joss whedon show--and if relevant, which version of that character?

23. with what of your personality traits or quirks would you say you're happiest?

24. and with what are you least happy?

25. what do you write? and who has influenced your writing?

26. why do you write?

27. what angers you about the world?

28. what one language do you most wish you read/spoke fluently?

29. in the past few years, what film have you most enjoyed in the theater--that was not an adaptation?

30. what's your perfect breakfast?

ed

holy cow---livejournal? that thing is still around? ;>

seriously though: that's some powerful writing. thank you.

Well, it's still there, I haven't posted in it for a long time. It's been pretty dormant for nearly two years. But... I have a lot of stuff there that I am loathe to be rid of.

well, i suppose not...giving you a hard time is fun though. :D

:p

you know it's funny, you kinda remind me of someone i knew a while back.

Hmm... elaborate?

so some additional questions:

21. insofar as you could be said to have a totem animal, what would yours be?

22. who's the hottest female regular cast member to appear in a joss whedon show--and if relevant, which version of that character?

23. with what of your personality traits or quirks would you say you're happiest?

24. and with what are you least happy?

25. what do you write? and who has influenced your writing?

26. why do you write?

27. what angers you about the world?

28. what one language do you most wish you read/spoke fluently?

29. in the past few years, what film have you most enjoyed in the theater--that was not an adaptation?

30. what's your perfect breakfast?

ed

Your "so" in "so some additional questions" leads me to think you're now asking these questions to further suss out info for the statement above. I will qualify that any answers I give now will be different to those I would have given "a long time ago". Take that as you will ;)

21. I like dolphins. Or lions. But really dolphins, I love how they swim and move with ease and just glide through the water. Plus, they're happy and generally positive and intelligent creatures.

22. Yeah, but... noooo. You don't even understand. The choice! This is like taking me to a buffet and telling me to only eat one thing. I hate choosing. *pout*. Faith. Faith is and always will question everybody's sexuality. Alyson Hannigan was hot as Vamp!Willow, I have a soft spot for Kaylee, and Inara, Eliza Dushku in Dollhouse was very welcome... I could do this all day... Faith. Let's just say Faith.

23. None of them.

24. Ipso facto: all of them.

25. I write fanfic, really. I can't say any one person has influenced my writing. Other than myself. I write the stories that come into my head.

26. It's an emotional release and very cheap therapy. I write a lot of angst and it's very cathartic.

27. What *doesn't* anger me about the world? There are so many injustices that I can barely name just one and each of them lead to a million more. Poverty, the imbalance of the chosen privileged few while the rest of the world suffers. Rape culture. Misogyny. Heteronormativity. Bigotry. Violence. Ignorance. The way that some people are complete dicks and the world rewards them for it, and yet others get nothing but trampled on their entire lives and nothing will ever change for them.

Everything.

The entire world.

28. Not sure. I think either French or Italian would be good to know. But I have no discipline to actually learn them.

29. Every film in an adaptation. From something. I really enjoyed Frozen, but... that's an adaptation of the Snow Queen. Obviously the Hunger Games and Catching Fire is out... I can't recall seeing anything else much at the movies lately. I don't really get to the cinemas much... I save the few times I do for the movies I've been looking forward to.

30. But how is this even a fair question? My perfect breakfast today will be different to Saturday which is different to Monday which is different to next week and next month and... seriously.

But... hm.... crepes with lemon and sugar. A toasted ham and cheese sandwhich. A savoury muffin with feta and spinach. Cereal. Vegemite on toast. A banana smoothie.

It changes! :p

GG quoth:
well, it's still there, i haven't posted in it for a long time. it's been pretty dormant for nearly two years. but... i have a lot of stuff there that i am loathe to be rid of.
i have a fondness for folks who use the word "loathe" as a verb. :>

GG quoth:
hmm... elaborae?
it's someone i used to know from another site. i know you aren't the same person; she isn't from australia, among other things. :>

GG quoth:
your "so" in "so some additional questions" leads me to think you're now asking these questions to further suss out info for the statement above.
like i said, you aren't that person. if i genuinely thought you were her, i would have PMed you about it. :> but in retrospect, that's probably a bit creepy. sorry!

GG quoth:
22. yeah, but... noooo. you don't even understand. the choice! this is like taking me to a buffet and telling me to only eat one thing. i hate choosing. *pout*. faith. faith is and always will question everybody's sexuality. alyson hannigan was hot as vamp!willow, i have a soft spot for kaylee, and inara, eliza dushku in dollhouse was very welcome...i could do this all day...faith. let's just say faith.
fair enough. as someone who often crushes on jewel staite (holy crap yeah!) i totally get that. FWIW, i also crush heavily on charisma carpenter.

GG quoth:
23. none of them.
i don't want you to feel like you're being attacked or judged. :>

GG quoth:
25. i write fanfic, really. i can't say any one person has influenced my writing. other than myself. i write the stories that come into my head.
i'm curious about what kind of fan fic: ?

GG quoth:
26. it's an emotional release and very cheap therapy. i write a lot of angst and it's very cathartic.
many do: ain't nothing wrong about that.

GG quoth:
27. what *doesn't* anger me about the world? there are so many injustices that i can barely name just one and each of them lead to a million more. poverty, the imbalance of the chosen privileged few while the rest of the world suffers. rape culture. misogyny. heteronormativity. bigotry. violence. ignorance. the way that some people are complete dicks and the world rewards them for it, and yet others get nothing but trampled on their entire lives and nothing will ever change for them.
that was cool as hell to read. i love a good rant.

GG quoth:
29. every film in an adaptation. from something. i really enjoyed frozen, but... that's an adaptation of the snow queen. obviously the hunger games and catching fire is out...i can't recall seeing anything else much at the movies lately. i don't really get to the cinemas much...i save the few times i do for the movies i've been looking forward to.
that's fair & i get that. so what are you looking forward to next?

GG quoth:
30. but how is this even a fair question? my perfect breakfast today will be different to saturday which is different to monday which is different to next week and next month and... seriously.

but... hm.... crepes with lemon and sugar. a toasted ham and cheese sandwhich. a savoury muffin with feta and spinach. cereal. vegemite on toast. a banana smoothie.

it changes! :p
i had a feeling it might. :D

a few more questions:

31. who's hotter, jennifer lawrence or emma watson? :D

32. what do non-australians just not get about australia?

33. p!nk: awesome or way overrated? cuz who the hell has a neutral opinion about her?

34. to paraphrase the beatles: what was the best trip you've ever been on?

35. what musical act would you most like seeing live (again if appropriate)?

ed

i'm curious about what kind of fan fic: ?

a few more questions:

31. who's hotter, jennifer lawrence or emma watson? :D

32. what do non-australians just not get about australia?

33. p!nk: awesome or way overrated? cuz who the hell has a neutral opinion about her?

34. to paraphrase the beatles: what was the best trip you've ever been on?

35. what musical act would you most like seeing live (again if appropriate)?

ed

Fanfic: I was pretty prolific in the Firefly and Veronica Mars fandoms, but now it's mostly Once Upon A Time. That's all I'm admitting to ;)

31. Emma Watson. But it's a very close call.

32. That we don't keep kangaroos as pets? :p No, seriously... we sometimes have a very dry, sarcastic sense of humour and it is often lost on people not really from Australia.

33. She's cool. I'm not a big fan of her music, but I like her as a person and the things she stands for.

34. Parenthood ;)

35. I would adore to see Sheryl Crow again, but I haven't seen her doing many Australian tours lately... TISM and Machine Gun Fellatio do pretty good live shows, but again I think their time has passed a while ago (I did get to see them in their prime, though, so it's all good).

powermanp3

These are not questions for all users but are asked of a willing participant, in this case GooodGurrl who seems to have taken a AOL.

Check with this thread to understand the Spotlight On... threads
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=659278

Then perhaps go to the last page to volunteer your name

Back