A question for you baby boomers

Mike_Yates

Literotica's Anti-Hero
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Posts
15,449
This is a question to all you baby boomers.

Which decade was your favorite and why?..
 
BBhYrqR.img
 
I'm older than baby boomers.

For me the 1960s was the decade to be in 'Swinging' London. I spent much of my spare time around Soho and Chelsea and met many of the musicians making the 1960s special.

I remember the time, because my drug of choice was draught beer, not other substances.
 
I enjoyed the 1950s when we kept the niggers in the slums and prisons. That part hasn't changed, of course. But in the 50s they weren't under foot and in the way.
 
I'm older than baby boomers.

For me the 1960s was the decade to be in 'Swinging' London. I spent much of my spare time around Soho and Chelsea and met many of the musicians making the 1960s special.

I remember the time, because my drug of choice was draught beer, not other substances.

Yes it was a great time and place before everything became too commercial .
 
I've been remembering the late 1970s.

My high school years.

Beer and weed.

Girls in jean cut off short shorts and bikini tops.

Great music on vinyl.

No HIV. VDs were treated with a shot.

Summers were warm and sunny.

No mortgage.

No responsibility.
 
While I certainly have fond memories of the seventies for all the drink, drugs, and pussy, I must say that I have enjoyed the past 10 years the most.

I am successful in my endeavors.
I have the resources to live a good life.
I enjoy working 5 months a year and with some really great people.
Small amounts of whiskey and wine are part of a daily routine.
5 months of the year I am passionate about golf.
Most importantly, I have the love of an astounding woman and 2 dogs.

And I am looking forward to life only getting better.
 
That's hard, because some of it is about age, responsibility, etc. Nostalgia colors things. Politics colors things. Vietnam, protests becoming riots, and mutually assured destruction weren't exactly fun times. I liked the men's long hairstyles in the 70s, but hated all of the polyester clothing. The switch to unleaded gas and fleet MPG standards made cars suck for a while.

The best answer I can give you is this- Being a leg man, I particularly loved the mini-skirts. It was the greatest time to be alive until yoga pants. Enjoy them while they last!
 
Mine was the 60's. The music was great, a lot better than the rap crap plus we got acid rock. Bikinis were really coming on and birth control pills meant you get might get lucky easier. Really sexy fast cars were coming out of Detroit such as the Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, Road Runner, and Charger. We also had bra burning and the topless bathing suit.
 
The 80's and 90's were a blast to grow up in because of all the video game systems and arcades.
 
Making a living in the 80s and making interest payments on a mortgage were a real fucking hoot...


:(
 
Back
Top