Texas people

Howdy all from the great state of Texas and the even greater city of Houston!

If any Texans feel like chatting it up, send me a PM! Doesn't have to be sexual, just whatever to pass the time. Let's talk about how goddamned cold it was today. :)

Haha. It wasn't THAT cold. But pretty chilly.

don't lie it has been balls retreating cold...

I just realized I should have probably read previous posts to ensure that the weather was the topic of discuss.... meh that would take effort. drunk posting is way easier than drunk reading. so i'm going with that.

BTW howdy y'all.

60s male greater Houston area. My nationality is Texan! Hi Y'all. Stay warm!

If you've never lived where there's snow, it's not that cold.
I've lived in Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois, as well as Delaware. This is nothing.

He'll, let me throw my sword into this sausage fest. 42 (today) from South Houston area. Enjoying this unusually cold weather. Lived in Colorado for ten years and pretty much every state from the Mississippi to Hawaii in my time. Gotta say though, like Texas the best.

He'll, let me throw my sword into this sausage fest. 42 (today) from South Houston area. Enjoying this unusually cold weather. Lived in Colorado for ten years and pretty much every state from the Mississippi to Hawaii in my time. Gotta say though, like Texas the best.

Howdy, good to have you! And hey, it's Houston... I imagine the demographics naturally sway toward male because the oil and gas industry, so a sausage fest is probably to be expected. But you've just gotta make the most of it, right? :p

I wouldn't mind the cold as much if it would actually snow. But for some reason Houston always seems to be just below the snow line. Every year I hear about some big snowstorm in Dallas or Austin or something, and here in Houston we get jack shit. Come on nature, we aren't that much farther south. Throw us a bone!

Howdy, good to have you! And hey, it's Houston... I imagine the demographics naturally sway toward male because the oil and gas industry, so a sausage fest is probably to be expected. But you've just gotta make the most of it, right? :p

I wouldn't mind the cold as much if it would actually snow. But for some reason Houston always seems to be just below the snow line. Every year I hear about some big snowstorm in Dallas or Austin or something, and here in Houston we get jack shit. Come on nature, we aren't that much farther south. Throw us a bone!

I've lived in Austin since 2011 and have *yet* to see a snow storm. They're lying to you, mang. lol.

If you've never lived where there's snow, it's not that cold.
I've lived in Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois, as well as Delaware. This is nothing.

lol I grew up in the panhandle... I know cold, and ice, and wind... but then I lived on the coast for a number of years.. now... boarder line freezing elicits a "ODIN'S BEARD" it is cold.

but though it be chilly I live in the hill country now so there is booze galore to keep me warm.

I've lived in Austin since 2011 and have *yet* to see a snow storm. They're lying to you, mang. lol.

Haha, okay you're right, maybe not Austin. But I know Dallas has gotten some pretty regularly over the past few years.

I actually lived in Detroit for about three years earlier in my career, so I have been through a few rough winters. But that's why I moved back to Texas. It ain't supposed to get this cold here!

Agree on both sentiments. I love seeing the snow, and do miss it a lot. Watching the snow fall freely outside my window while curled up in front of a fire is one of life's greatest pleasures.

But when you then have to get up the next morning and shovel it, you remember why it also sucks so much. It's also not that pretty after it's been plowed to the side of the road for a few days and turns black and icy. No fun.

Agree on both sentiments. I love seeing the snow, and do miss it a lot. Watching the snow fall freely outside my window while curled up in front of a fire is one of life's greatest pleasures.

But when you then have to get up the next morning and shovel it, you remember why it also sucks so much. It's also not that pretty after it's been plowed to the side of the road for a few days and turns black and icy. No fun.

Oh yeah, black ice was *never* fun. It sucked.

Kitten, are you in Houston? I'm trying to remember the last time if snowed here and I'm honestly drawing a blank. Do you remember?

Snow is great. Black ice is deadly.
Cold is cold.
When I was a youngun' in WI, we saw 20 below fairly often.
Moved to far northern MN (to what used to be a town) and lived in REAL cold: came in one night at 7:00 pm on my dogsled after being on the trail for 6.5 hours (true fact, I've dogsledded for thousands of miles) and it was 34 below. Had to keep wiggling my fingers and toes constantly even though I had top notch cold weather gear. The next morning it was 44 below and that's the coldest I know I've been in.

Was just in Houston area around Christmas. 37 degrees, overcast and 100% humidity will make you cold.

Trying to get back to TX but:
- Doesn't agree with my desire to have a 6 dog team.
- want to live from Brenham wast but the fam is around Houston.
Need hills and Country Living (oh, and a professional/technical manufacturing job) not too far from Houston. Then I'm set!!

San Antonio and Austin aren't too far. Offers anyone?

Kitten, are you in Houston? I'm trying to remember the last time if snowed here and I'm honestly drawing a blank. Do you remember?
It snowed in Houston in December in 2008 or 2009.
It snowed in Galveston about 3 years before that. You can still get postcards with pics of statues on the seawall covered in snow.

It snowed in Houston in December in 2008 or 2009.
It snowed in Galveston about 3 years before that. You can still get postcards with pics of statues on the seawall covered in snow.

That's right, yes, 2009! I remember now because everyone at work freaked out and we all left to go home. And that was barely anything. I hope we get something like that here again. I need to build another erotic snowman.

So do you guys ever hook up in here or what? This IS the personals after all...

Basically, my life is boring and I need some good stories of stuff actually going on around here. Makes me feel less isolated or something.

Hi Texans. I'm sorry about the cold. I'm in Vegas and have 60 degree weather. I do miss the sane people of Texas. crazies here

Back