Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Old 03-09-2017, 03:49 PM   #2851
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBee01 View Post
Fuck it, my Mum's cancer has come back. The stem cell treatment last year didn't...stick, apparently. So she starts chemo again this week.

I am sad. She is sad too. I can't imagine how Dad feels.

Fuck cancer.
I'm very sorry your family has to face this again! It just sucks! FUCK YOU CANCER!!!

Old 03-09-2017, 04:34 PM   #2852
LucyBee01
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotluvsoral View Post
I'm very sorry your family has to face this again! It just sucks! FUCK YOU CANCER!!!
Thank you Just trying to adjust to the new reality.

My Fetlife profile

Old 03-09-2017, 05:30 PM   #2853
Apple_of_Eden
In the gray matter

Quote:
All of the trials we face are not of cancer's doing. The point is...sometimes our luck runs good not bad and I am thankful for that! FUCK YOU CANCER!!!
***scot, I'm so happy you recognized the SOB as a problem and were able get things addressed quickly. No exercise for two weeks is much better than the other option! Please rest and take care of yourself.

We need and love having you right here with us. Be well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La damnee elle la licorne View Post
I feel ok helping some, but am not able to commit to full time help. I would go twice a week. I have to consider my health to, and my commitments here, and twice a week is feasible.
**This is being caught between the preverbial rock and a hard place. Do what you can to help if that is what you wish to do. If not, say no. It's not your obligation to fulfill and this person sounds as if they have close family who could care for him/her.

Good luck and best wishes for a not too painful experience. This person doesn't sound like a fun person to be around and being ill will only multiple that issue.

Quote:
Fuck it, my Mum's cancer has come back. The stem cell treatment last year didn't...stick, apparently. So she starts chemo again this week.

Fuck cancer.
**So very sorry for you and your family LucyB...that's painful to deal with in more ways than one. I wish you and your Mum the best of all possibilities. Thoughts and prayers being sent right now.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone dealing with health issues or caring for loved ones with health issues. Stay strong and enjoy each day as it comes. Peace.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:54 PM   #2854
cmslt2326
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
All of the trials we face are not of cancer's doing. A week ago, after climbing 3 flights of stairs (something I do several times daily) I found myself very short of breath. The long and the short of it is, that I had 3 coronary occlusions and ended having 3 stents put in, clearing the blockages. I feel great, but can't exercise (beyond walking) for two weeks. Even though it is all a huge pain in the derriere, if i hadn't gotten short of breath, they would not have discovered the three blockages (90%, 85% & 75%) and much worse things could have happened down the road. The point is...sometimes our luck runs good not bad and I am thankful for that! FUCK YOU CANCER!!!
So sorry you are recovering from heart surgery Babe...stay strong and keep moving forward. I am praying for you...

Old 03-14-2017, 04:05 PM   #2855
cookiecat
Literotica Guru

Quote:

Fuck cancer.
Lucy, my heart goes to you and your Dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La damnee elle la licorne View Post
I feel it's difficult to involve emotion in such health care
Boundaries are a tough thing when it comes to family and, especially illness.

On the ALS front - the creator of SpongeBob has ALS. It's estimated 30,000 people have ALS - so it's rare. It just doesn't feel that rare anymore.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2997426

On our personal front - am now dealing with issues of dementia / delusion. He had this in the fall, caused by a urinary tract infection. It took over a month to clear it up. Now, no UTI. They've checked other things - to no avail. The confusion and hallucinations continue. I've been told that this isn't an end of life issue. About 25% of people with ALS get a form of dementia. No one seems to be able to tell me why this is happening.

It's such a weird thing. He will think things like he spent the weekend in Las Vegas at the Trump show. Where everyone dressed like Trump and sang?? When I ask him about it, he'll say he knows he hasn't left his room but it was real and it was a great time.

While I'm happy - in an odd way - his brain is taking him away from the terrible reality of his day to day, because he forgets he's sick. But then it's this awful Groundhog Day several times a day. Why can't he get up? Why can't he move? Why won't I take him out of this place?? And then he remembers, for a brief moment, he's sick. And my heart breaks a little more every single time.

I cannot imagine dealing with dementia on a long-term basis. Blessings to all of you who are in that place.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:42 PM   #2856
TheOldWidow

You just are strong now. There will be a later when you don't have to be. You have to tell your heart, no breaking right now. I have this day; it may be good, it may be poor, but it is as it is and I will put aside the poor and rejoice in the good.
As a wife, you don't have the luxury of showing weakness to your husband.
Something in his life has to be steady and positive and totally loving. That is you.
It comes with the vows, and your word of honor.
It is not easy, and it will be much harder.
You can do this, you are strong enough. The strength is inside you, and you will be amazed and amazing at what you can do under adversity.
You have my heart with you.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #2857
LucyBee01
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecat View Post
Lucy, my heart goes to you and your Dad.

Boundaries are a tough thing when it comes to family and, especially illness.

On the ALS front - the creator of SpongeBob has ALS. It's estimated 30,000 people have ALS - so it's rare. It just doesn't feel that rare anymore.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2997426

On our personal front - am now dealing with issues of dementia / delusion. He had this in the fall, caused by a urinary tract infection. It took over a month to clear it up. Now, no UTI. They've checked other things - to no avail. The confusion and hallucinations continue. I've been told that this isn't an end of life issue. About 25% of people with ALS get a form of dementia. No one seems to be able to tell me why this is happening.

It's such a weird thing. He will think things like he spent the weekend in Las Vegas at the Trump show. Where everyone dressed like Trump and sang?? When I ask him about it, he'll say he knows he hasn't left his room but it was real and it was a great time.

While I'm happy - in an odd way - his brain is taking him away from the terrible reality of his day to day, because he forgets he's sick. But then it's this awful Groundhog Day several times a day. Why can't he get up? Why can't he move? Why won't I take him out of this place?? And then he remembers, for a brief moment, he's sick. And my heart breaks a little more every single time.

I cannot imagine dealing with dementia on a long-term basis. Blessings to all of you who are in that place.
Bless you cookie.

And my thoughts are with you.
My parents had to cope with one of my grandmothers getting dementia and the gradual deterioration. It was heart breaking sometimes. Tough times.

My Fetlife profile

Old 03-22-2017, 10:25 AM   #2858
Apple_of_Eden
In the gray matter

EDITED:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldWidow View Post
You just are strong now. There will be a later when you don't have to be. You have to tell your heart, no breaking right now. I have this day; it may be good, it may be poor, but it is as it is and I will put aside the poor and rejoice in the good.

You can do this, you are strong enough. The strength is inside you, and you will be amazed and amazing at what you can do under adversity.

*What a perfect summary "TheOldWidow" has shared. It is what it is and it can always be worse. NEVER doubt that. I've had the thought "it can't get worse" and I've been proved VERY wrong!

cookie, cumslt, Elle, Lucy, and everyone,

Be strong, stay strong, and live for the moment...it's all we really have. There are no promises of tomorrow. There are no promises of later. We have now and that needs to be the best now we can make it. Embrace what it brings, as TheOldWidow said, "rejoice in the good."

I received horribly sad news today. Cancer is winning it's battle with a friend of mine. I hurt for him. I truly hurt...again...or still...or more.

Lit is like a band aid at these times.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:02 AM   #2859
Shankara20
Better....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple_of_Eden View Post

My heart just breaks that I can not reach out and hug you dear ones as you deal with what life has presented you with right now...

Quote:
I hope for you a little healing time you that may find here...

“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.”
― Jack Kerouac

Old 03-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #2860
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldWidow View Post
As a wife, you don't have the luxury of showing weakness to your husband.
Something in his life has to be steady and positive and totally loving. That is you.
It comes with the vows, and your word of honor.
It is not easy, and it will be much harder.
Eloquently stated....and true!

Old 03-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #2861
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru

Quote:
EDITED:

*What a perfect summary "TheOldWidow" has shared. It is what it is and it can always be worse. NEVER doubt that. I've had the thought "it can't get worse" and I've been proved VERY wrong!

Be strong, stay strong, and live for the moment...it's all we really have. There are no promises of tomorrow. There are no promises of later. We have now and that needs to be the best now we can make it. Embrace what it brings, as TheOldWidow said, "rejoice in the good."

I received horribly sad news today. Cancer is winning it's battle with a friend of mine. I hurt for him. I truly hurt...again...or still...or more.

It seems that it is a neverending battle. We get to an age (and i am definitely there) where we deal with our cancer, a family member's cancer or a friend's and it just goes on...and on! Sorry for your pain Apple *big hug*

Old 03-23-2017, 08:58 AM   #2862
cmslt2326

Quote:
EDITED:

Thanks Apple...I agree life is short and we should enjoy each and every day to the fullest. This is what causes me to push myself even on "bad" days to just go and do...My children are grown but they are my life and they keep me young...lol.

I am so sorry to hear that this cellfucker is winning again and I will keep your friend in my prayers...

Sorry that you hurt again sweet girl...You can always pm me if you need to talk or vent...or anything else...
Stay strong my friend.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:15 PM   #2863
Oldenburg
Really Experienced

No even going to go there... You've made my dad into a shell of a man I fucking HATE you.. I want my dad back 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

Fuck fuck fuck argghh

G X

96% Submissive
73% Experimentalist
70% Rope bunny

Old 03-30-2017, 09:15 PM   #2864
Curious_in_Cali
Terribly Human

To all the loves and lives here on this thread and those rippled out from the stories shared here, huge hugs and gentle comforts to you. In a more selfish voice, it seems my heart can't travel in any direction these days without being impacted by the battle with the big C, so I just needed to pop in and say it~

FYC!!!

Old 04-04-2017, 10:42 AM   #2865
emmy_christina
^^^Just Emm

My sweet wonderful friends.
For all the ones that are affected by the Big C, hugs and all my love.
I have been doing so great, till horrible pain started a few days ago. The left breast side is so painful, under my arm, under my breast. Its to the point that i m in pain every breath i take. So this afternoon, a talk with my breast surgeon and oncologist.
I so hope its chronic pain from the surgeries, chemo, radiation. But honestly for the first time I m scarred to death....just hoping I m wrong.
Right now my positive thoughts are far away, and thats so not me.
Writing this helps, because I know that so many of you are far worse off than me.
I know one thing, FYC, what ever happens I won't ever stop fighting YOU.
You won't get me, you won't get me down, I will keep silly, and loving life, whatever is in store for me.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:48 AM   #2866
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy_christina View Post
I have been doing so great, till horrible pain started a few days ago. The left breast side is so painful, under my arm, under my breast. Its to the point that i m in pain every breath i take. So this afternoon, a talk with my breast surgeon and oncologist.
I so hope its chronic pain from the surgeries, chemo, radiation. But honestly for the first time I m scarred to death....just hoping I m wrong.
Writing this helps, because I know that so many of you are far worse off than me.
You won't get me, you won't get me down, I will keep silly, and loving life, whatever is in store for me.
You are in my thoughts and prayers, dear Emmy! And I know that nasty c cannot get you!!! FYC!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #2867
Shankara20
Better....

Quote:
(((hugs)))

“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.”
― Jack Kerouac

Old 04-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #2868
Apple_of_Eden
In the gray matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmslt2326 View Post
Thanks Apple...I agree life is short and we should enjoy each and every day to the fullest. This is what causes me to push myself even on "bad" days to just go and do...My children are grown but they are my life and they keep me young...lol.

I am so sorry to hear that this cellfucker is winning again and I will keep your friend in my prayers...

Sorry that you hurt again sweet girl...You can always pm me if you need to talk or vent...or anything else...
Stay strong my friend.
Thank you cmslt. It never seems to stop, does it? You keep fighting my friend. Get up every day and don't let it take anything else from you. pm to follow. (((hugs)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenburg View Post
No even going to go there... You've made my dad into a shell of a man I fucking HATE you.. I want my dad back 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

Fuck fuck fuck argghh

G X
I understand your anger, hurt, and pain. I have the same. This month, will be the tenth anniversary of my Dad's death. It feels like a few days ago. The pain and loss never leaves you. It may scar over some, but it is always felt. I recently read that the "pain" we feel is the cost of loving someone so much or so deeply. If so, I will be in pain the rest of my life.

My thoughts and prayers are being sent that you will find ways to cope and to move forward. My best to you.

Quote:
sweet emmy, I'm praying for you right now. I hope you receive the best news possible. Stay positive and be strong...FIGHT!

I recently spoke of my friend who had told me, "The home team is losing and cancer is winning this game." What I didn't say, is he is one of our Litsters. He was one of the first friends I made here and has been a chat friend since the beginning. I'm very worried because I haven't heard from him and sent several messages. He started Hospice a few days ago. I pray he is in comfort and not pain. I hate not knowing. Please send your thoughts, your positive energy, your prayers, etc...for him to be free from all that pains him.

The not knowing is painfully sad.

Love and strength to everyone.
Apple

Old 04-11-2017, 01:19 AM   #2869
cookiecat
Literotica Guru

Quote:
EDITED:

It's good you can come here, put on the band aid and find temporary relief.

Quote:
<snip>
emmy - I don't know you other than your posts here -- wishing you more strength and silly times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenburg View Post
No even going to go there... You've made my dad into a shell of a man I fucking HATE you.. I want my dad back 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

Fuck fuck fuck argghh

G X
Much love and many blessings.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:03 PM   #2870
Farawyn
Shieldmaiden Wannabe

I'm sorry to cross post this from the PG

Penuche.

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1420422

Old 04-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #2871
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farawyn View Post
Thanks for posting it...was unawarwe. Sorry for her passing! FYC

Old 04-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #2872
LucyBee01
Literotica Guru

Quote:
EDITED:

These are helpful words, thank you
I will try. Living in the present as much as I can. It does help.

Sorry to hear about your friend Apple. My thoughts and prayers for them. And for you.

My Fetlife profile