Brave New Dangerous World

Qyron

Maniac
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Posts
3,776
January 21st, 2013

Day 90

I'm making this record in the event I get killed by Zed and someone makes it here alive and in need of help but if I was any thing near smart I would have already left this retched place.

I have set up a (somewhat) fortified position and secured enough food and water to last me for at least a year, as well as firewood, fuel and other supplies. The down side is that this place is thick with Zed and there isn't a day I don't have to get my hands dirty out there.

Why I haven't cracked yet is something beyond my comprehension but no matter how scary this world as become, I wake up every morning eager to get into the routine: get up, take a look outside, take a piss, eat something, check the damage Zed as done to the fences during the night and repair it to make sure I live to see another night and wake up the next morning to do it all again.

Oh, I was forgetting to mention I'm tending a garden but if I get killed the crops wont last for long unattended. The garlic and onion beds are growing well and perhaps I can get to seed some beans and potatoes. That if those aberrations don't get me first.

-#-#-#-​

The man closed the journal and went to look outside from his window. It was raining hard, with each drop landing on the already soaked land sending up a splash of water, and it was hard to see anything beyond 100 feet, even from a second floor. But staying inside wasn't a choice.

Very slowly, he got dressed. Fashion statements were long gone and he had grown accustomed to use working clothes and boots; it was comfortable and sturdy and that was all that really mattered. The familiar weight of his machete hanging from his belt completed the outfit. After taking a deep breath, he stepped outside his room and walked downstairs.

As expected, the building was secure. Nothing could get inside without causing a mess; he had made sure it was like so. The building was his keep and if it fell, all was lost. All the windows on the lower floor were boarded up, inside and outside, and the doors were locked, chained and barricaded.

After peeking through a series of strategically placed spy holes and spending some time hearing what was going on outside, he decided it was safe and walked out to meet the familiar grim scenario of tattered figures roaming around between the abandoned cars on the street and like any other day, when the heavy door scratched the concrete floor, the figures amassed on the fences, making it chime. Even the barbed wire that ripped open the putrid flesh wasn't a deterrent for the moaning mob; if it wasn't for the reinforcements he had placed on the inside, it would had long been felled.

«Today is not a day to be outside. At least not here.» He felt depressed as the words formed in his mind. It had been raining for three days now and it showed no signs it would be stopping anytime soon. The only upside was that he was replenishing his water reserve and building it larger than before. «Perhaps the rain will wash the smell away for some time.»

He was about to step back inside when something made him walk into the rain and stare at the moaning crowd of walking corpses that sniffed the air to take his scent in.

- Hey, Zed! - His shout was received with a chorus of shrieks and moans. - Enjoy your bath.

Soaked and feeling cold, he stepped back inside, closing and securing the heavy door behind him but he could not simply get back in his bedroom and sleep the day away. Forcing himself up the stairs, he stepped out on the terrace, now with a heavy raincoat over his shoulders, to check the perimeter again, this time from above, and stand guard there until the cold forced him back in.
 
Last edited:
Day Unknown, Year who Cares

"My name is Eden Luna Wolf, I am the daughter of Admiral Lucas Wolf. He was highly respected in the military and even in the air force, my father started off as a pilot and made his way through the years. He stepped up by the time he was forty he gained the rank as Admiral. Many respected my father, and he always made time for his family. Dad loved me and my mother more then life itself. But alas it wasn't to be, I was forced to kill my father when he turned.

My mother was Lucy Mary Wolf, she met my father when they were in middle school. And they dated and my father asked my mother to marry her their senior year. She said yes and made all kinds of plans. And The day after they graduated they got married, and then decided on a baby not to long perhaps two years after they were married. There bond was unbreakable but right now nothing seemed to matter, I had to kill her as well.

I have nothing left, sometimes I take my gun and look into the chamber, filling it with only one bullet. I spin it and point it to my head, and I pull the trigger. If I don't die I move on and if I do then god help me. But right now I don't know what I am going to do, I am alone and don't have much in supplies. I have enough food, water and ammo to last maybe two weeks. But it's not enough, I am just leaving this for someone to look at.

If you find this and I am no where to be found, then pray that my soul has made it to heaven. Because we are all damned, everyone of us will become one of them. And there is nothing we can possibly do. Right now all we can do is live every day like it's our last. So I pray to god that someone finds this, and may you find peace knowing you are not the only one. But all we can do is pray that perhaps one day this will end, but I don't think it will.

Signing Off

Eden sighed a little bit and put it where someone could watch it, and she grabbed a bag and a shot gun. She had to find some kind of help, so she left her home and carefully getting out and had to do something. She stayed in the darkness and heard the moans and groaning of the dead but pretty soon came up to a building. Looking up she had no idea if someone was alive there. She walked over and began to see if there was a way in.
 
Two hours could have gone by as it could have been a full day. With the weather as it was, there was little to no difference from dawn to dusk and from him it really didn't made any difference; he was not keeping track nor he cared about it. Nothing was going to happen. Nothing ever did.

He spent some time walking around the roof, doing his patrol, as he called it, checking if the bastards down on the ground weren't trying to force their way in but it seemed that the rain was getting to them as well so he settled down as he noticed the stumbling figures walk away to find shelter in whatever building that still held a roof and some degree of structural integrity capable of keeping the water out.
Perhaps the rain was slowing them down or perhaps his eyes were playing tricks on him but he noticed the figures on the ground becoming clumsier. stumbling and falling to the ground and resorting more and more to crawling than to actually walking.

A faint smile came to his lips, as he crouched over the roof edge looking down into the distance, following the bigger bulk of stumblers into a medium sized, run-down, office building that had had its garage doors forced open just enough to allow a human body to slip trough and out. The idea of those things being as affected by the weather as he was was ironic. But glancing over the glass walls of the building, covered with blood splatter and organic stains, he couldn't keep from wondering how the chaos that had happened inside had started: if it casually walked through the front door, inside someone too sick to actually work but not able to skip a day to go to a hospital or through that forced door already in the form of one of those walking horrors. The smile fade away when those thoughts crossed his mind.

His stomach complaining turned his attention to more immediate and tangible problems: he hadn't a had something to eat in quite a while and there were no leftovers at hand; he would have to cook something and the sooner he got to it, the sooner he would be having it.

He was about to walk inside when something odd caught his attention. Something moving around on the ground had nothing wrong about it. What was off was how it actually moved, as it didn't stumbled about, out in plain sight, dragging its feet. It was actually making a great effort to conceal itself from sight as it moved around from cover to cover, using the abandoned cars and all sort of piled debris on the road to hide.

«What the...?»

A pair of binoculars were in his hands in an instant but even with the powerful lenses the figure was just a shadow in the distance amidst the fog that was again setting down, fast and thicker than before. The only thing clear was that it was getting near the wrong place to be, as it was going towards the office building where zeds were holed up.

Reaching for a side pocket on his pants, he grabbed a flash-light and started signalling his presence, trying to draw to him whatever or whoever was out there but the mist diffused and reflected most of the light back to him, even with the coloured filter attached.
Feeling his hands not very steady, he reached for a bow leaning against the roof wall and armed an arrow on the string; making noise or shooting into the air was out of the question, unless he wanted to end the situation quickly and ignoring it was even lower on his list of options so aiming the area around where the figure was moving, he pulled the arrow back, forcing the string to its maximum tension to release it into the air in a forty five degree angle, giving it the best chance possible to land somewhere in front of whoever was down there and catching its attention.

Out of the archers sight, the first arrow landed in a patch of dirt that once had been a garden, completely missing its purpose, as were the following second and third arrows, one sinking into the side of a tree and the other smashing itself on the pavement, with the figure walking about on the ground remaining unaware of the events.

Frustrated, the archer changed the approach and aimed directly at a tire of an abandoned SUV, near the position where the figure was hiding, and released another arrow, that flew across the air in a straight line and stuck itself with ease in the hard rubber, instantly deflating it.

«Shit!» Grabbing a full quiver, the man ran inside, almost jumping down the stairs in his rush. Like a mad man, he unlocked the front door, picked it up from the ground and pulled it back, trying to avoid the usual scratching of the ground, and stepped outside, trying to find the figure in the distance amidst the fog. «There!»

By now, the person was on the edge of the driveway of the office building, and making its way towards the door, looking around. Unfortunately, too close to fall unnoticed by the squatters inside.

- Get the fuck away from there!

The cry jumped from his lips with all the force his lungs had to give, trying to make himself be heard over the noise of the falling rain, that was getting heavier with every moment that passed.
 
Last edited:
Eden had no idea what she was doing here, she just walked aimlessly half the time. Taking her sword most of the time, since her sword was long, sharp and light. Since it was specially made from her fathers friend who lived in Tokyo. When her fathers friend came over to visit every year, she learned more and more Japanese which she thought was rather fun. Her dads friend was Akira Yakimora he was a great guy, and very fluent in English.

She missed days like that, where they were boring because they were so normal. How many times she wished for excitement. But this was not what she had in mind, and frankly it scared her how alone she felt and how alone she truly was. She had not seen a human in a few months, or weeks what ever it was. Time passed so slowly, and she had yet to get a good wink of sleep. She had been working on cat naps for as long as this had been going on.

But right now nothing seemed to be going so well, she remembered when she had to kill her first child zombie. That was very difficult, almost as difficult as having to shoot her own parents in the head. Her neighbors soon hammered on the door wanting her for dinner, and not in a very good way either. For once she just wanted to bump into someone that had not been bitten or scratched. She knew enough to guess that was how people were turning.

Or perhaps as long as your brain doesn't get smashed or shot that even the people who die of heart attacks and things. Perhaps they just come back, it would explain why there were so many of them on the streets. And she knew it was all over at least all over the United States. But everything just seemed to hit her all at once, and it began to scare her. She was lonely and felt it, she knew when someone was watching because of the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end.

Something was bothering the girl however, Eden felt like eyes were staring at her and everything just seemed to relax and she silently sighed a little. But then she looked up and thought she saw someone on the roof? She tilted her head a little but could hear something coming her way. She took her gun out that had a silencer on it, and her heart was beating quickly. Hearing what the man said it made her even more nervous.

"Can you let me in please?" She said rather scared now.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top