What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suirrel stock is up 340% or so

GM is up less then 50% since then

You would take the later, cause you are a devote of

Obama

Maff
 
I bought GM a while back and sold it for a substantial gain... I wanna say I bought around 19 when conservatives were cheering its dip and then sold for like 26 a month or so later. And I posted here at the time I made both transactions.

BB didn't like it because he wanted me to follow his secret squirrel stock tip. :D

secretsquirrel.jpg


tumblr_lxpj6grFIe1qcaomb.gif
 
Coming Next January: New Tax Form to Comply With Obamacare Mandate



I’ve been wondering how the IRS was going to determine whether taxpayers were complying with the individual mandate contained in Obamacare.

I needn’t have wondered. The IRS is a bureaucracy and what do bureaucracies adore almost as much as taxpayer-financed trips to Vegas for conferences?




Forms, of course.


When Obamacare’s individual mandate takes effect in 2014, all Americans who file income tax returns must complete an additional IRS tax form.

The new form will require disclosure of a taxpayer’s personal identifying health information in order to determine compliance with the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate.

As confirmed by IRS testimony to the tax-writing House Committee on Ways and Means, “taxpayers will file their tax returns reporting their health insurance coverage, and/or making a payment”.

So why will the Obama IRS require your personal identifying health information?

Simply put, there is no way for the IRS to enforce Obamacare’s individual mandate without such an invasive reporting scheme. Every January, health insurance companies across America will send out tax documents to each insured individual. This tax document—a copy of which will be furnished to the IRS—must contain sufficient information for taxpayers to prove that they purchased qualifying health insurance under Obamacare.

This new tax information document must, at a minimum, contain: the name and health insurance identification number of the taxpayer; the name and tax identification number of the health insurance company; the number of months the taxpayer was covered by this insurance plan; and whether or not the plan was purchased in one of Obamacare’s “exchanges.”

This will involve millions of new tax documents landing in mailboxes across America every January, along with the usual raft of W-2s, 1099s, and 1098s. At tax time, the 140 million families who file a tax return will have to get acquainted with a brand new tax filing form. Six million of these families will end up paying Obamacare’s individual mandate non-compliance tax penalty.



How many millions of Americans will think the new form junk mail and toss it? How many millions won’t understand they have to file the form with their tax return and be assessed the penalty? How many millions will refuse to fill out some of the information — and probably be penalized?

I am trying to imagine colonial Americans (or Americans of just about any generation prior to WW II) being faced with a government that demands such compulsory behavior in such an intrusive manner. It’s not hard to think that the tar, feathers, and pitchforks would come out and government workers would be subjected to a storm of protests and even attacks.

Most of modern America, however, is not made of such stern stuff. Most will submit to our masters at the IRS — meekly and with hardly a whimper — grateful for this beneficence from Daddy Government and willing to fill the data banks in Washington with our most personal, private information.

It’s just a form, Obamacare supporters will say. And a boiling frog started his day just going for a swim.
 
I am waiting for the forms that the death panel will produce...

"Check this box if you wish to survive another year"

"Check this box if you want to receive -free of charge - the self-elimination kit - complete with body bag for the convenience of your family and neighbors"
 
eminent domain, happens all the time. She'll get fair value for her property

That depends one what you consider "fair value"... and assuming that you can show that the XL pipeline will serve the public good and create jobs, which it's unlikely to actually do.
 


Jesus, the moron squad has never made manifest its total ignorance than it has with the Keystone XL idiocy.


I swear to god— it's a gift. Every time I think nobody could be dumber than these birdbrains, they prove me wrong.





EVEN THE WASHINGTON-FUCKING-POST says you're dumber than a box of rocks:


In the words of the economic buffoons at the witless Washington Post:
...Mr. Obama should ignore the activists who have bizarrely chosen to make Keystone XL a line-in-the-sand issue...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...6f709c-5b77-11e2-beee-6e38f5215402_story.html


 
Last edited:



It's like the credulous leading the gullible. It's the largest collection of lunkheads ever assembled since the dawn of recorded history.




 
It's like Pavlov's dog. You could virtually whisper "Keystone XL" and sailboat homeboy's running around that corner to get in that word of internet-gleaned authorit-tay like he was being chased by a pack of rabid Rotts.

Lit's collection of leftist assholes is vast and world class, Their tub is breathtaking. Tight like as their sphincters, no amount of common sense leaks past their intellectual ligatures either.:D

The expected rote anal and fecal fetish referencing tells aside, anyone wanna make any sense of that "like as" fail up in there?

The stain struggle continues! :D

tumblr_inline_mkik90KqBf1qa6g1m.gif
 
TWEET OF THE DAY: “This year, the federal deficit will still be nearly double Bush’s largest deficit and the media will portray that as a victory.”
 
TRAIN WRECK UPDATE: WaPo: Health insurance tax ‘scares the daylights’ out of some small-business owners. “It disproportionately hits individuals and small-business owners, the people who have been hurt most by these challenging times.”
 
TWEET OF THE DAY: “This year, the federal deficit will still be nearly double Bush’s largest deficit and the media will portray that as a victory.”

Fiscal Year 2009 was a Bush year and its deficit was $1.4 trillion dollars. Bush passed the FY 2009 budget and it was well underway when Obama took over, dingus. That fiscal year started 1 October 2012 before Obama was elected, much less sworn in.


Deficit when Obama took office:
$1.41 trillion
Deficit today: $845 billion and it looks like it might fall to $750 billion
 
Fiscal Year 2009 was a Bush year and its deficit was $1.4 trillion dollars.

Deficit when Obama took office:
$1.41 trillion
Deficit today: $845 billion and it looks like it might fall to $750 billion

yeah

and a unicorn will bring you the winning lotto tickets
 
yeah

and a unicorn will bring you the winning lotto tickets


Reality is a bitch, isn't it? Sucks when you get busted (again) arguing that Obama should have used a time machine to go back and fix the economy before he was elected.
 
All the conservatives on this thread that predicted the US would become the next Greece have been proven wrong at this point. Of course they'll never admit it, that's not the conservative way. The conservative way is to make false comparisons and failed predictions while escaping personal responsibility by reminding everyone that you never put a date on your predictions.

Cowards.
 
All the conservatives on this thread that predicted the US would become the next Greece have been proven wrong at this point. Of course they'll never admit it, that's not the conservative way. The conservative way is to make false comparisons and failed predictions while escaping personal responsibility by reminding everyone that you never put a date on your predictions.

Cowards.

HAHAHA!


Now that's COMEDY!
 
HAHAHA!


Now that's COMEDY!


It was comedy when the conservatives here made that prediction and it's comedy that you're all walking around right now like you never said anything at all.

... anything to avoid having to take responsibility for your actions.
 
It was comedy when the conservatives here made that prediction and it's comedy that you're all walking around right now like you never said anything at all.

... anything to avoid having to take responsibility for your actions.

What fat ass morbidly obese slob from the south uses that phrase........:cool:
 
It was comedy when the conservatives here made that prediction and it's comedy that you're all walking around right now like you never said anything at all.

... anything to avoid having to take responsibility for your actions.

sorta like YOU

who blamed IRSGATE on BUSH?

among other things?

you mean like that?

sorta like you who RAN from the LIB!YEAH! thread!

you mean like that?

sorta like you, who is last 3 men standing defending ObamaCare

you mean like that?:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top