Michigan Roll Call

Well, I'm "up", but not on the West Coast, unfortunately.

Whereabouts in GR? I lived in Cascade for a few years.

Good morning all. Doing well, thank you for asking @seemorebtts. It is nice to see more moderate temperatures. Makes working in the office more bearable than looking outside at sun and warmth. Hope you all have a good day.

Oddly enough, I find my most productive days are when the sun is shining outside. When the weather is grey and gloomy--like today--I don't feel like doing anything.

I've been that way ever since I was in school; I just couldn't study on rainy, gloomy days. Nothing stuck with me. But give me a bright, sunny day outside, and I could write a 50-page paper.

Weird.

That makes sense with the endorphins that the body releases from absorbing the suns rays.

So I'm new to the forums...is this thread for Michigan folk to generally chat? Or is there a specific subject matter to focus upon?

No specific topic, just general chat. Whatever is on your mind.

Some also use it for prospecting for online or IRL "hookups" with other Lit members in Michigan. Which is also fine. :)

Anyone else going to catch the Brazil/Germany match today? Should be a nail-biter, I think.

Thank you for the clarification :)

I may be able to catch the last bit of the Brazil-Germany match if I can get out of work early.

No specific topic, just general chat. Whatever is on your mind.

Some also use it for prospecting for online or IRL "hookups" with other Lit members in Michigan. Which is also fine. :)

Anyone else going to catch the Brazil/Germany match today? Should be a nail-biter, I think.

Thanks to the miracle of modern technology, I can watch it at work...it's good to be the boss :D

I'm more interested in tomorrow's game, being a devout Holland fan (even though I have no familial ties to the nation).

I just got back to my desk so I can listen on XM but had the goals being sent to my phone. 5-0 so far. This is brutal and what I thought Germany would be doing in every game they played up to this point.

I think Holland will take Argentina tomorrow, but they won't hold up under the relentless German offense.

Anybody else woken up by the storm last night? Jeez, what a show!

So Germany KICKED ASS, as I knew they would.
Today's game should be a corker. These two teams (Holland, Argentina) hate each other.

Anybody else woken up by the storm last night? Jeez, what a show!

So Germany KICKED ASS, as I knew they would.
Today's game should be a corker. These two teams (Holland, Argentina) hate each other.

I don't remember it raining around us yesterday. We had the big storm the other day

Not bad. Humid as a wet towel, here.
Gonna watch Holland/Argentina in the World Cup later, maybe put a few more screws in the deck.

Got tickets to the Saline Celtic Festival on Saturday; always love to hear the pipes and drums. Too bad I don't look good in a skirt, or I'd buy a kilt. :)

Always a pleasure to see you too, you funky monkey. Life is good here. Taking a break and watching the Tigers. How's life in your world, my friend?

Go Tigers. I had a shot at 4 tickets for last nights game but had to turn them down. Wish I would have gone now. I got the game on now 3-1

Back