Sylmae's Adventure (closed for LordUsagi)

axilyae

Really Experienced
Joined
Dec 4, 2012
Posts
200
Sylmae strode up and down the downstairs of her small home, her face creased into a thoughtful frown. Her long, dark red hair was tied into a tidy ponytail, with a few shorter strands escaping to messily curtain her long, angled face. With a snort of annoyance, Sylmae stopped her pacing and hooked the loose strands behind her pointed ears; and then placed her slender, pale hands onto her hips, staring around her with a pointed glare. Sharp, narrowed eyes looked at every aspect of her home, as if searching for something; but Sylmae knew what she was looking for was not located here. It could not be found on the large, wooden table she had made herself a few years ago; nor in any of the books she had collected from a variety of tinkers and travellers passing through the village she lived in, now lined up neatly on a small bookcase she had also made alongside one of her neighbours. A whole home full of experiences and knowledge, but no. What caused her so much irritation, was not located here.

Sylmae was not from this village; this was a human village, and she was an Elf. A Forest Elf, to be exact; her pale colouring and eyes the colour of a summer leaf representative of her heritage. Her red hair was unusual, but not unheard of; and her toned, lithe body and small structure also marked her as different from the humans she had now lived with for about six years. At first they had whispered about her pointed ears and different physique, but they had all accepted her in the end. It probably helped that she had took it upon herself to aid their hunters when possible, and she was a good aim with her bow; and ruthless with her daggers. Soon, the amount of food she helped bring into the village made even the most racist amongst the ignorant accept her presence and so she had stayed. But it was time to move on. The forest called to her blood; she was an adventurer, a wanderer, and the time was now for her to say goodbye to her comfortable, warm home and return to the cold roads that led to a different future.

But she needed help, and this is what irked her. There was currently a traveller within the village, staying at the small inn. Sylmae had seen him earlier; rugged and tall, eager to help with the activities around the village in order to pay his way for a few nights rest. Usually she would pay no attention to the many travellers passing through unless they had wares to sell, but this man had arrived just as she had the urge to leave. She needed an extra swordsman. The roads were dangerous, and although she had the experience of adventure; that experience only confirmed her knowledge that it was better to travel as a pair than on your own. Especially if you were an Elf in human lands. Although the Elven had societies here, they were few and far between; and it could take weeks to find them, even if she kept to the depths of the forest where she knew they lurked. Her kin were a secretive people, and wary of strangers, even if they shared blood. She could not rely on her own to help in times of need, and so...

Grunting, she walked purposefully towards her front door. She would ask this traveller; why not, after all? Pulling on a heavy coat over her indoor clothing, she walked confidently towards the inn, her face determined. It was late evening and she was sure the man would be found there, drinking down pints with the locals to end the day. She rarely went to the inn, unless to fulfill the human tradition of buying someone a drink as a thanks. Her body, although Elven, seemed to attract males - and sometimes females - alike, her exotic flesh like pollen to a bee. Although in-shape and small, her breasts and flourishing hips seemed to make up for her difference in species; many a time had someone tried to grab at her chest, wrap an arm around her waist to pull her in close, their alcohol-laden breath hot on her throat and face as they whispered their desires to her. It was hard to reject them without being rude, so she instead just stayed away from the inn, where their base desires seemed to become even more obvious under the influence of ale. A shame, since Sylmae enjoyed the taste of the human alcohol beverages and it was not like she was against company. She was just not interested in letting a human paw at her in return for being able to sit at the inn like they did.

Going there now was not logical; but a calling, for an Elf, was rarely logical. It just needed to be fulfilled, and this man would help her do so. Stepping into the inn, she looked around for him eagerly, her eyes flickering over every person. As she thought; the inn was packed. Mostly men, but some women too, who did not have children to watch over at home. Biting her lip, she hung up her coat near the door and walked in, noticing the looks she garnered and sighing to herself.

Just here to find the traveller. To buy him a drink, and then try and recruit him. That was all.
 
Rugar studied the men seated around the table. He had already figured that the two to the right of him were out of the hand. They had been uncommitted in the previous round of betting and now were just riding their luck to see if the others pulled out. They were not the worry, it was the man to his left who should be the winner. Rugar had earlier overheard the local, who had been all excited about the extra little bonus he had received. An unexpected windfall that his friend, who Rugar had surmised was a stranger to the village, had convinced him to gamble on a hand or two. What would be the harm, the money was extra and if he won he could use it for the baby his wife was expecting. Rugar had seen it before, trap a man with the idea of only gambling a little. Then let him win and next thing he knows he is in a big hand thinking he is still up. Rugar knew that was what was happening, he had watched every hand and noticed how the stranger had discarded winning cards when the pot was small and even used slight of hand to give his friend the winning card with medium hands. The local did not realise what was happening and now there was a big pot and staying in the game would mean betting the sizeable pile of coins before him. Rugar knew what would happen, the local had a good hand (his 'friend' had seen to that) so he would bet large. The stranger would begrudgingly bet his coins and the other two locals would cut their losses and bow out. That would leave Rugar sitting with a good hand that he knew would not win. The stranger would clean up, laugh about how his luck had turned, probably buy them all a round and even have a few comforting words for his friend about that at least he didn't lose his days wagers, and only the unexpected bonus he had received. They would all leave happy, none of them the wiser about how they had been cheated. But Rugar would know and it irked him. Normally he wouldn't care as he hadn't lost too much money himself and his day had been good so far. The journey there had been pleasant and his arrival during the day had been greeted by friendly locals and decent ale. Besides he had a soft spot for the local, he looked a decent enough fellow and his was excited about his soon to be family addition.

"Your bath is ready sir," the barmaid said as she leaned close to his ear.
Rugar grinned and used the opportunity to stare at her bountiful bosom before she straightened and went about her other duties.
The girl on his lap frowned.
"I thought I was your favourite?" she complained indignantly.
"You are both my favourites and in the morning I will test again to see who is my favourite again."
He squeezed her waist causing her to giggle and jump up off his lap.
"Now get back to work this is serious man's business, but later after I have washed we will get to know each other better."
Turning back to the game he noticed the elf maiden looking at the stranger for the first time.
"It looks like our friend has a visitor, and a pretty one at that, so best we make haste."
The local who thought he was about to win big, pushed his pile of coins into the middle of the table.
"I am feeling confident," he declared.
You should, Rugar thought, only by being cheated would you lose.
The stranger, eager to see what the pretty elf wanted, didn't even bother to pretend to contemplate his decision before calling.
Rugar smiled, he had his opening.
As expected the other two locals bowed out, leaving just Rugar to decide.
The tall warrior smiled and sat up straight. He brushed his long hair away from his face and absently rubbed the scar that ran the side of his face narrowly missing his left eye. The scar made him look menacing but it did not take away from his handsome features.
"I don't think my hand is a winning one so I am out."
"But," he continued just before the local revealed his hand, "I have a proposition for you friend."
He looked at the stranger.
"If I can guess your hand, we split the pot amongst the rest of us. If I am wrong, you get all my coins regardless of which of you has the best hand."
He grinned, "it is quite a lot, enough to impress that fiery elven maiden."
The stranger stared at Rugar, then at the elf woman.
"Very well, because there is no way you can know my exact hand, for if you did you would surely have known how to beat me, or to have quit a long time ago."
Rugar stood, anticipating what was to come, "you my friend have a run of Crowns, and the reason I know is because I have noticed you cheating from the very first hand."
The stranger jumped to his feet and reached for his sword.
He was two slow.
His sword wasn't even halfway out the scabbard by the time Rugar's fist had laid him out cold.
The warrior stared down at the rest of the bewildered players and smiled before flipping over the now unconscious strangers cards.
A run of Crowns.
With a quickness of hand that was surprising for his fairly muscular arms he began to stack the coins into five neat piles. He then dished the piles out to himself and each of the players, leaving the strangers pile in the center of the table.
"That is what we each of us started with."
He then distributed the remaining pile into four even piles and again gave passed one to each player.
Picking up his first pile of coins he slipped that into a pouch and was about to add his winnings when he shook his head.
"On second thoughts," he took a few coins off the top and pushed the rest into the expecting father's pile. "That is for your child's future."
"This," he held out the few coins in his hand, "is for my night's stay."
Picking up his sword that was leaning on the table next to him he looked at the elf, "lady my apologies for disturbing your plans."
Turning and walking away he called out, "wenches prepare my bath."
 
Sylmae growled under her breath, glaring at the men around the table. This was not how it was meant to turn out! Storming after Rugar, she grabbed his shoulder, attempting to turn him around; or at least pay more attention to her.

"Do you know what you've just done?" she hissed at him, her green eyes narrowed at him in irritation. Looking back at the unconscious traveller, she sighed and rubbed her temples; flicking back strands of her hair back behind her ears before continuing to confront the man in front of her.

"Before you go anywhere, you're going to either wake him up, or tell me where I can find a good replacement for the services I needed!"

Aware that now half the inn was staring at her, Sylmae's cheeks flushed and she snorted out, trying to hide her embarrassment. She had not seen this man before; another traveller, perhaps? It was obvious the ladies loved him, at least three barmaids were staring at their confrontation with looks of annoyance and envy. Maybe this man could help her. It would at least make up for wrecking her earlier plans of asking the other stranger, who was still slumped on the inn table, drool dripping from a corner of his mouth.
 
He looked at her with amusement.
"Well my pretty thing, if that was your hero who was going to slay dragons for you, I seriously pity you."
He gently took her hand and lifted it off his shoulder.
"I certainly won't wake him up, nor would I advise you to deal with such as him."
He turned around, "but if you wish to hire the best, then I am available, but I am expensive and expect benefits."
He walked off, "I am tired and feel dirty after that game of cards, join me while I bath and we can discuss it."
He didn't even look back to see if she followed. Where he came from, there was no idea of modesty. Bathing in a river was commonplace and to have different bathing times for men an women was regarded as frivolous. Though he did hope she was, he found elven women particularly attractive and she was one of the finest samples he had seen.
He entered the bath house and began to strip off his clothing. Tossing it in the corner he smiled at the maid who was obviously impressed by his massively large member.
"Please have that washed with the rest of my clothes."
He stepped into the steaming tub and turned around to ease himself down into the foaming water.
"Now ladies who is going to look after me?"
 
"I am tired and feel dirty after that game of cards, join me while I bath and we can discuss it."

Sylmae breathed out slowly; this man was already testing her patience, and they had barely spoken five minutes! Looking around her, she saw that everyone within earshot was casually awaiting her answer. Wondering if the usually quiet Elf would take the man up on his offer of bathing. Another blush of self-consciousness flooded her cheeks, and she stormed off after the man - anything to get away from these people! Everything they thought about led back to relationships, procreation..Sylmae inwardly shuddered. How could they live with such one-track minds?

Stopping in front of the bathing room, she heard the man step into the bath, talking to the maids. Sighing, she then called out:

"I won't bathe with you, but I will certainly talk to you whilst you're in there. I'm staying out here though."

Sylmae then leaned against the wall outside, awaiting the man's reply.
 
Rugar sank down into the bath. Her words brought a smile to his lips. He was from the Southern Wastes, a crag filled land usually covered in ice and snow. He had heard of elves before, but had never seen one till venturing forth from his homeland. The 'more civilised' humans, as they called themselves, had told him many stories of the Elven people. He was unsure which were true but decided that the one about them being prudish most likely was.
He relaxed back and let the maid, who had taken it upon herself to help with his bathing, scrub his chest.
"Girl," he called out, "I do not expect you to bath with me, and unless you have a healers touch and can ease my wary muscles, I expect nothing but for you to sit on the stool that is here and tell me your story."
I could get used to this life, he thought as he leaned forward and let the maid clean his back.
"I can assure you, anything you would find embarrassing is hidden from view, and I am sure you wouldn't want everyone to hear your secrets."
He turned to the maid, "you can go now, tell the girl to come in."
He leaned back, closed his eyes and absently rubbed the scar on his chest that was just above the waterline of the bath.
 
Sylmae frowned; the thought of having to sit so close to the naked man already making her feel uncomfortable. It was not like she was a prude, as such..the Elven race were just so strict, teaching from early on that the only person who should see your naked body, should be the closest friends or lovers you have, and nothing but. Seeing an Elven man or woman naked was a mighty honour that other races did not understand, since their customs were so different. Although Sylmae tried not to judge humans for sometimes being so ignorant about the rules of naked flesh, it was hard. Especially when they seemed so amused at her lack of will to also strip easily in front of another being. Wanting to educate them was a temptation she resisted almost every day; the human race had so much to learn, so far to go..

"E-excuse me miss. He says you're to go inside now."

Sylmae looked to her right; the maid had left the room now, her cheeks flushed after spending time with the male. Sylmae rolled her eyes; noting that the girl's hands were still wet from having run his bath. One wink and these girls fell all over the next traveller that wandered in for a few days. It was so pathetic.

"Thank you." she said curtly, pushing past her and entering the room. If that man truly wanted her to be close whilst he was the one naked, she supposed it was not such a bad thing. It wasn't like she had to remove her clothes.

The man was laid back in the steaming tub, rubbing soap over his chest absently as he relaxed. A large scar was noticeable, and Sylmae quirked an eyebrow..where had he gotten that from? She'd have to ask him, at some point. Or would that be rude? Frowning in thought, she pulled over one of the small stools to sit a few paces from the tub, moving her gaze to the wall. Just because she had relented and was now here, didn't mean she had to look at him.

"I'm needing a swordsman to travel with me. It's my calling." she started, a blush rising again, but this time on her throat and chest. Trying to explain a calling to humans was so difficult, and most of the time it was embarrassing too. They never understood what it was like to feel that tugging in your chest, that need to fulfill a goal even if it took you to your dying breath.

"I..I do not have much money, but I have skills that could aid you on your travels too. It does not have to be a permanent agreement, I could simply accompany you to the next village, where I could attempt to recruit another in your stead."

She stopped to let him reply, her gaze dropping to the floor. He seemed arrogant, and over-confident..exactly the sort she despised..but, if he had made it this far out in the wilderness, he must have skills that could be of use to her, at least for a little while.
 
He listened quietly to her and when she was done he sat in silence for a few moments pondering his . It wasn't that he was not intrigued, her mention of a 'calling' had already grabbed his interest. He had no idea what an Elf's calling was. No human had ever told him of such a thing, but it sounded like a noble or at least worthwhile custom.
He was what other humans would class as a barbarian, his people were tribal and lived by the tradition of the sword and the blessings of their gods. Rugar was considered blessed by the gods. Zidgar the mighty has given him strength and speed, and Freida the goddess of fertility had blessed him in other ways. This made Rugar a man that his people had looked up to, they knew he could protect them and his children, spawned from such a powerful sexual organ, would undoubtedly carry his strength in them.
He opened his eyes to look at her.
"I do not know what this calling is that you mentioned, but it sounds worthy to me. I will therefore
consent to join you. It will be life bond, and therefore you won't have to pay me."
He chuckled softly at her staring at the ground.
"Why do you not look at me, am I so hideous to behold."
Absently he touched his facial scar, wondering if that was what intimidated her.
 
"I do not know what this calling is that you mentioned, but it sounds worthy to me. I will therefore consent to join you. It will be life bond, and therefore you won't have to pay me."

Sylmae frowned. What was this 'life bond' he talked about? Even though she had been amongst humans for years now, sometimes they still came out with odd words and phrases that she did not understand. This was one of them. Of course, she had heard this phrase before, usually thrown about when the humans talked about their traditional culture ceremony of marriage. She doubted this was what this man was on about though, so grudgingly, she decided she'd have to question him on it. Sylmae hated doing that, looking like the naĂŻve, stupid Elf.

"Why do you not look at me, am I so hideous to behold."

His words interrupted her thoughts, and Sylmae looked up from the floor with a start. He was looking straight at her, whilst his hands ran across the length of his scar. Not wanting to offend, she shook her head gently, whilst shifting her view once again to respectfully look elsewhere than at his body.

"No. It's just not right for one of my kin to look upon another's naked, or vulnerable body. Some of my kin forget this whilst in the company of other species, but I do not. I apologise if I have offended you."

Pausing for a few moments, she finally added;

"..also, what do you mean by..'life bond'? I do not understand."
 
He laughed loudly, “it is so strange how our cultures are so different. You regard my nakedness as a vulnerability, where I would proudly show off my body. Especially to someone who is keen on acquiring my services. Would it not be beneficial for you to see if I would be sufficient for your needs?”
He grinned, “or did my display downstairs already show you that not only am I appealing to the eye, but competent in a battle.”
He paused for a bit, studying her as she sat there. Her red hair fascinated him, his people all had dark hair and he had rarely seen it before, and never on an elf (though he had met few of those)
“I am going to close my eyes now and stand up. I will stay standing for a few minutes allowing you, if you wish, to study my body. You can then decide if you think I will serve your purposes and I will be none the wiser if you even looked.”
He did not wait for her reply, before closing his eyes and standing. He was tall and although very muscular, he was still lean enough to give the impression that he was athletic and quick. Although his skin showed a few signs of a difficult life, there were three distinguishing and noticeable scars on his body. The one on his face, the one she had seen earlier on his chest, and a very clean looking one on his thigh just to the side of his phallus, which though flaccid now, hung down to dangle impressively alongside his leg.
Not even sure if she was observing him, he turned slowly around to let her get a full view of his body.
“Life bond, is the best way to describe it. In my tongue it roughly translates to blood flowing in one body, though that is not correct. But the meaning is easy enough to explain.”
He stopped turning and stood proudly looking blindly at where she was sitting.
“It means I will give my life before yours, you will be protected unto my death and because I will not die, no harm will befall you…that I assure you.”
He wanted to open his eyes and see her reaction to his words, but he had promised so slowly he began to sink back into the water.
 
Sylmae listened to him intently, nodding at his words. She too, had learnt that the cultures to each species were commonly very different than the culture of another's. And even then, the culture could once again change if you came across another race within that species, who interpreted certain rituals or ways of life differently. Still, it was beyond her to try and understand why someone would be so comfortable showing a stranger their naked body; especially for the reasons he said it was for. She could see his muscles through clothing; if that was what his point was.

"I am going to close my eyes now and stand up. I will stay standing for a few minutes allowing you, if you wish, to study my body. You can then decide if you think I will serve your purposes and I will be none the wiser if you even looked."

Sylmae frowned; this man was too stubborn for her own liking. She had already said she was uncomfortable with this! Wincing as she heard him stand in the water, she continued to look at the floor, biting her lip as she cringed on his behalf. If only this man understood even a tenth of Elven culture, then he would understand why he was acting so stupidly! At least, he was in her opinion. Then, he had explained why his culture was different. If he was going to travel alongside her for a while, wouldn't it be a good idea to try and understand him from the start?

With a heavy sigh, Sylmae dragged her gaze back from the floor to scan over the man's body. Muscled, signs of work; scars here and there, the fading pink of healing skin standing out impressively. Her eyes dropped and she let out a small, suppressed noise of surprise as she saw his member; soft, and yet still showing such length and girth that it made her a bit light-headed. With a slight cough, she turned away again, allowing the man his privacy once more, even if he did not understand why.

"Life bond, is the best way to describe it. In my tongue it roughly translates to blood flowing in one body, though that is not correct. But the meaning is easy enough to explain. It means I will give my life before yours, you will be protected unto my death and because I will not die, no harm will befall you…that I assure you."

Sylmae blinked.

"But you have only just met me. You do not even know my name; and I do not know yours. Such a promise is a little extravagant, don't you think?"

She had to admire the confidence in which he had explained his words to her, but still. What kind of culture had he come from, where he let muscles do the talking, and then laid down his sword to the first maiden in need of help? Sylmae had only heard of such actions in the tales of the fireplace, that humans seemed so keen to tell over and over.
 
"Is it really so, is it wrong for a man to take ownership of his actions. Is it wrong for him to wish to please the gods. When I die, I will stand before my gods and they will judge me, that judgement will determine how I will be treated in the afterlife."
He smiled as if enjoying a private joke, "Rufus the quick will applaud my pride in my body and reward my shrewd method of making you look, for he will know if you did. If you did not he will scold me for not being sly enough. I will only know when I die which it will be."
He sighed, as if remembering something before continuing.
"Freida the fair will definitely applaud my efforts in spreading my seed and populating the world with our people. I hope too that she will be judge me worthy to bed her in the afterlife."
He touched his scarred face, "and perhaps Zidgar the Mighty will forgive this, and that is why I take your quest, without thought, for if it required you to seek aid then it must be daunting indeed. Perhaps daunting enough that my past failures will be forgiven."
He let her ponder his words while he splashed his face with water.
"But my lady I have to apologise for one the, I do not know much about elves, I had hardly spoken to one until today. All my knowledge was second hand from humans and I was testing to see if their stories were true."
"You see, a human once told me that Elven women find human men very ugly, now in my lands I am considered very attractive to women for many reasons. So I was checking to see if that story was true, but then decided not to offend you further. Perhaps one day I will know if the other stories are true."
He smiled, "by the way, my name is Rugar, I have a long list of titles, but outside my people they are meaningless."
 
Sylmae listened to him, intrigued by the different Gods and Goddesses he spoke of. The Elven clan she had originated from had no higher being, instead their lives were aimed at working alongside the wonders of nature. Still, she had to muse sometimes to if there was a higher purpose or not. But in the end, she always came to the same conclusion; she was just a mortal being, and her opinion probably didn't matter too much at all, in the scheme of things.

"I see.." she finally said as he stopped talking, wondering what failures he had done in his life. Maybe he thought his scars were a sign of weakness. How strange humans could be.

"You see, a human once told me that Elven women find human men very ugly, now in my lands I am considered very attractive to women for many reasons. So I was checking to see if that story was true, but then decided not to offend you further. Perhaps one day I will know if the other stories are true."

Pouting, she shook her head. "Well..some do, I suppose. You look very different from our race, especially Elven men. But it depends on taste. I know a few Elven who had settled away from their kin, with a human man. Their children were..unique, to say the least, but at least proof that some Elven women do not find your looks disagreeable."

As he introduced himself, she nodded. Usually she would then offer her hand to shake, but in this situation..it was not appropriate, she decided.

"My name is Sylmae. I am honoured to make your acquaintance, Rugar. I still do not quite understand why you have chosen to make this journey a life bond, but as an Elven..I suppose I will not, at least not right away."
 
"Well Sylmae, as will I probably never understand fully 'your calling'."
He smiled, "perhaps on our journey we will come to understand each other better, and each others cultures."
He sat up, "this is perhaps not the best place for introductions, maybe later we can share an ale and introduce ourselves properly."
"Tell me Sylmae," again he accent failed to pronounce her name correctly, "do you have a healer's touch?" he reached up and rubbed his shoulder. "It seems my journey here has had a toll and the hot water has failed to ease all the aches."
He leaned back again and closed his eyes not waiting for her answer.
"Tell me about your hair, is it common, I have never seen its like before, it is like fine spun gold, and you look slightly different to the elves I have met, though that was few, your breasts and hips are fuller," he smiled, "full enough that my people would consider you fine breeding stock."
 
Sylmae regarded him carefully as he spoke; a healers touch? Well, all Elven - at least, the clan she had come from - had a little magic, but nothing to boast about. She could certainly help his aches and pains, but not to the extent he might be expecting. She opened her mouth to answer; but he carried on speaking, and she closed it again with a faint expression of irritation. This man just loved the sound of his own voice, she realised. This journey was going to be interesting to say the least.

"Tell me about your hair, is it common? I have never seen its like before, it is like fine spun gold...and you look slightly different to the elves I have met, though that was few; your breasts and hips are fuller.."

Sylmae flushed, her cheeks now obviously red. She bit her lip again, not sure how to answer him. She decided to start with the less personal question.

"My hair..it's not uncommon amongst my clan, but you may have not come across them. I admit, it does make me stand out amongst most other species.."

She took a strand inbetween her fingers, curling it as she spoke. Its fiery red was different from the usual blonde, browns and blacks of human hair, admittedly; it had gained her quite a few admirers when she'd first arrived. It was just hair, but she'd grown to love how unique it made her amongst the humans.

"And..for your second observation.." she stuttered, obviously growing shy at discussing her curves. "..it's just genetics, some Elves are naturally of a much smaller stature, whilst others are not. I suppose the most common is the slim build that most associate with Elven. I'm not too far away from it, but somewhere along the line someone grew curves, I suppose.."

Sylmae trailed off, looking back down at the floor. She wanted the floor to just swallow her up at this moment. This man had been staring at her; at her chest! Then again, she'd seen his cock. Sylmae winced at this fact, and felt a small twinge of guilt.
 
Rugar smiled slightly, "do not worry, I will not spend our journey staring at your breasts or hips. Though I may wonder if the fire of your head is also present between your thighs."
He didn't even bother to open his eyes and see her reaction.
"So are you going to be able to help with my shoulder? If not would you bring me that towel so I can dry and we can have that ale I promised."
He hoped she would consent to tend to his shoulder, the woman certainly was appealing and the thought of her perhaps touching him was a little arousing. Besides he thought it would be useful to know if she had any famed Elven healing arts.
He listened to hear if she moved, a smirk on his face if she did come closer.
She would be in for a surprise, the soap in the water had dissolved and although still murky, his slightly aroused penis was easily noticeable.
 
Sylmae closed her eyes momentarily at his comment about her hair. Although she knew the cultures were different, there was only so many personal comments she could take! Breathing in deeply, she decided to educate him on what was acceptable later. She had a feeling he was only concentrating on relaxing and getting an ale right now, and would blow off any kind of education she would try to give.

"So are you going to be able to help with my shoulder? If not would you bring me that towel so I can dry and we can have that ale I promised."

"I don't see any reason why not." she relented, standing to move over to Rugar gingerly, trying not to step in any of the puddles left by the maid earlier, messing with the water. "I do have some healing abilities, but not as strong as you may think. I can ease some aches, however."

Cracking her knuckles, she lay her slender hands down on both of his shoulders, rubbing the skin slightly as she concentrated. Her palms began to warm, and she knew he'd feel a sense of relief almost instantly from her work. Smiling grimly - sometimes, she could not do this, and this would have been an embarrassing time to fail - she stepped away slightly. It was then she noticed his semi-erect cock in the water, and she squealed slightly in surprise. Stepping back once more in instinct; her foot landed awkwardly in a pool of water and she fell with a loud thump onto her backside.

"Oh..ouch.." she muttered, rubbing her lower back as she sat there.
 
Rugar was up i an instant, the second he sensed her fall. He did not have to see it to recognise the surprised squeal (which he mistook for her falling) or the sound of a slipping foot. Turning in one fluid motion as he stood he leaped out of the tub and landed deftly on the ground. He looked at her for a few seconds, worried that she was seriously hurt. After seeing her rub herself he decided it was probably more her dignity that was hurt so he bent down and offered her his hands.
Feeling sorry for causing her probably hurt pride he smiled at her, "thank you my shoulder does feel better."
which it did.
 
Muttering under her breath darkly, she took his hands and hauled herself up from the ground. Rubbing her aching backside gently, she rolled her eyes inwardly as realising the puddle had left a distinct, damp patch on her cloth pants. She supposed it didn't matter, as long as she could get to her coat in time before anyone in the inn noticed.

"Thank you. My shoulder does feel better." said Rugar, smiling ruefully at her. Nodding in relief, Sylmae was glad to hear at least some good had come out at her embarrassing slip.

"It is no problem, Rugar. I should probably go and..aah-"

Her gaze dropped; he was standing fully naked before her, his semi-erect cock twitching slightly as it grew harder. Sylmae now felt his gaze and her cheeks warmed, and looking away, she feigned ignorance of his growing size.

"..I should..I should..leave you to dry off."

Stuttering out the rest of her sentence, she reached for one of the towels and handed it to him, glad of the excuse for him to cover his modesty.
 
Perhaps it was her embarrassment at his nakedness, perhaps it was having gazed down at such a beautiful creature. Most likely it was just the few drinks he had earlier, the excitement of a fight won and the anticipation of a new adventure. Whatever it was Rugar could feel himself growing harder.
He took the towel from her with a grin.
"Would you like me to dry your wet, pants?"
 
Sylmae breathed out in relief as he took the towel, stepping away to allow him some privacy.

"Would you like me to dry your wet pants?"

Sylmae frowned, shaking her head as she tried to cover the damp patch with her hands, walking backwards to the door.

"N-no..I feel that towel should be used to dry you off.." she mumbled, turning away. "I..I'll wait outside, I suppose. Are you sure you still want that ale?"
 
Watching her and the intimacy of the whole situation had resulted in his manhood slowly expanding, till it was almost fully erect.
He watched her as she turned away.
"Sylmae, please don't go, I want you to stay."
He began to dry himself, starting with his hair and face.
"And why wouldn't I want to have the ale with someone as beautiful as you?"
 
Rolling her eyes, she leaned against the door-post irritably as the man dried his hair and body. She kept her gaze firmly locked on the wall or the floor, her arms folded tightly against her clothed body. Did he not realise she felt entirely uncomfortable in this situation? Or did he enjoy seeing her squirm as he continued to flaunt his naked flesh to her?

"And why wouldn't I want to have the ale with someone as beautiful as you?"

"There's no need to flatter me, I've already agreed that we'd journey together." she said, sniffing slightly. "I'm intending to set off as soon as possible - tomorrow, if you can - so don't get too drunk. I need you awake and ready early in the morning."

She stole a glance back at him, and winced. He was still not covering herself.

"Why don't you want me to leave? I'll just be in the inn."
 
"You can wait outside if you want to, or you can stay and appreciate the view. I will think no different of you whichever you choose."
He began to dry his chest.
"As long as you are honest about which you want more."
 
Sylmae snorted; his confidence had to be admired, she could admit; but the arrogance repelled her as much as it lured her to his personality. Still looking away, she refused to look back at him..although a part of her wished to. His body was so different from Elven men, so large and rugged, all rippled muscles and vicious scar tissue. It was strange, different..and slightly intoxicating to look at. Sylmae frowned as her thoughts trailed along that path. No, she was not a tavern whore; and she would not think like one, never mind act like one!

"You can keep wishing, human." she snorted, flicking back strands of her hair as she turned to leave. "I'll be waiting with an ale in the tavern. You have dragged out your bath, so I will only be staying for one before retreating for sleep."

And so she left him drying himself, walking to get a seat in the busy inn. But still, her heart thudded. Sylmae did not mean to anger him, so she hoped her obvious rejection of his naked company was not taken too personally.
 
Back
Top