Unrealistic crap you see in movies that annoys you.

or women who wake up in the morning with perfect makeup and hair. :confused: give me bed head!

Do not do this.

You know what bugs me, how traffic is afraid of most heroes. I mean literally, Charlies Angles can get from the Golden Gate Bridge to the California speedway in fifteen minutes. Sonic the fucking hedgehog can't pull that. Don't even get me started on Jack Bauer. I'm pretty sure that God is afraid of what will happen to him if Jack doesn't get where he's going on time.

Thousands of bullets being fired and the good guys never getting hit. Like that Schwarzenegger movie when he was skiing away from the bad guys and Tom arnold was trying to pick him up..

IIRC, the name of that flick was True Lies ( is that appropriate or what ?) I think Jamie Lee Curtis was also in it.

Musicals. I can suspend my disbelief for just about everything. But when people randomly break out into song, my bullshit detector just goes off and I know it's fake.

The whole movie Plan 9 From Outer Space sets the low standard that other directors try to emulate.

1940s and 1950s Westerns:

1. The hero is hit by a .44 slug and continues firing, apparently little impaired, until the villains are dead.

2. The hero with a short-barrelled Colt revolver hits an enemy at 100 yards.

3. The hero fires eight shots from a sixgun without reloading.

4. The hero fires a Winchester and hits his opponent at half a mile.

Musicals. I can suspend my disbelief for just about everything. But when people randomly break out into song, my bullshit detector just goes off and I know it's fake.

What are you talking about? That happens to me at least twice a day.

What are you talking about? That happens to me at least twice a day.

Indeed. Why, just the other a group of young men and I spontaneously broke into an a cappella rendition of Labelle's "Lady Marmalade". If only someone had been there to film it.

I just want to know why they can't put actual liquid into the styrofoam cups and over-sized mugs from which people are always "drinking" coffee. I measure an actor's greatness by whether or not he can pull off the coffee-sip. Drives me crazy when you can tell it's an empty vessel.

Last edited:
I just want to know why they can't put actual liquid into the styrofoam cups and over-sized mugs from which people are always "drinking" coffee. I measure an actor's greatness by whether or not he can pull of the coffee-sip. Drives me crazy when you can tell it's an empty vessel.

Me too! And typing. Don't pretend to type by putting your hands flat on the board and twiddling your fingers.

Me too! And typing. Don't pretend to type by putting your hands flat on the board and twiddling your fingers.

Oh, that's another one!

Which reminds me of Criminal Minds...I so love that show, but their researcher can always find ANY info with just one or two mouse clicks and a quick finger-flutter over the keyboard. Basically, just mash some keys and click a random spot on the monitor, and you've got your Unsub.

Oh, that's another one!

Which reminds me of Criminal Minds...I so love that show, but their researcher can always find ANY info with just one or two mouse clicks and a quick finger-flutter over the keyboard. Basically, just mash some keys and click a random spot on the monitor, and you've got your Unsub.

Oh! And any blurry photograph can have a "program" applied that identifies every picture/licence plate. Uh huh.

Have you ever tried that whole, everybody get him technique? You get in each others way a lot more than you help most of the time. Granted they tend to stay too far back but as much as people bitch about that swarming in general is a poor plan.

EVERY youth sports coach - mostly soccer and football - has a whistle around their necks, DURING the game!

Calm, unswearing parents and children that take the game seriously.

Things that annoy me:
  1. Training Montages
  2. People who burst into sone in the middle of the street and don't get hit by a car, carriage, or bus
  3. women falling in love with men who stalk them
  4. the underdaog making a huge ass comeback 5 minutes to the end of the movie
  5. Direct to DVD sequels
  6. Superman movies
  7. Movies that are B Rated and take themselves WAAAAY too seriously
  8. Brooding Heroes/Heroines
  9. chick flick/ dudebro mentality
  10. Bad CGI
  11. Script Cliches
  12. That one stupid bitch in horror movies who always wanders off
  13. Adaptations of books that do it wrong

I think that's almost everything

Things that annoy me:
  1. Training Montages
  2. People who burst into sone in the middle of the street and don't get hit by a car, carriage, or bus
  3. women falling in love with men who stalk them
  4. the underdaog making a huge ass comeback 5 minutes to the end of the movie
  5. Direct to DVD sequels
  6. Superman movies
  7. Movies that are B Rated and take themselves WAAAAY too seriously
  8. Brooding Heroes/Heroines
  9. chick flick/ dudebro mentality
  10. Bad CGI
  11. Script Cliches
    [*]That one stupid bitch in horror movies who always wanders off
  12. Adaptations of books that do it wrong

I think that's almost everything

That's like EVERY Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc movie ever made.

Remkes of 1980s movies that believe they're better than the original: I'm talking to you Footloose and Red Dawn

How the really sloppy rush jobs almost never go sideways for our heroes. It's difficult to plan a last minute dinner but damned if half our heroes can't simotaneously set up the bad guy, trust their partner to do the exact right thing despite not having communicated the plan at all and nobody ever just randomly gets fucked over.

Bad guys who would succeed if they weren't purposely hampering their chances. I get monologuing. If ever find myself in a position to boast for thirty minutes before kicking BB and Jen into a vat of acid with metal sharks you better believe I'm doing that. What I'm not doing is breaking Jack Bauer out of Chinese prison so I can murder him before my plan starts. I'm just gonna leave well enough alone.

Back